Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River 3b Multi-way Pot

4 max

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

SB (t4,810)
    Hero (BB) (t3,930)
    UTG (t3,270)
    Button (t2,990)

Hero's M: 131.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 7
    UTG calls t20, 1 fold, SB calls t10, Hero checks

Flop: (t60) K, 7, A (3 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: (t60) 9 (3 players)
    SB bets t120, Hero calls t120, UTG calls t120

River: (t420) 4 (3 players)
    SB bets t200, Hero raises to t475, UTG calls t475, SB raises to t750,

Hero?

Thoughts on all streets?

No reads, this is the only other pot we played (he turned up with J9dd, converter is not showing his hand):

SPOILER
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (3 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

SB (t6,020)
    Hero (BB) (t2,960)
    Button (t3,020)

Hero's M: 98.67

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
    1 fold, SB calls t10, Hero raises to t80, SB calls t60

Flop: (t160) Q, 10, Q (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets t100, SB calls t100

Turn: (t360) J (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets t200, SB calls t200

River: (t760) 2 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets t600, SB calls t600

Total pot: t1,960

Results below:
    SB didn't show
    Hero had K, A (straight, Ace high).
    Outcome: Hero won t1,960

Weird hand for sure.

Probly donk the flop to get value Ax,Kx broadway draws etc.
    As played think i just flat river given how passively he played the monster draw in the other hand,Deffo folding river given the action now.

Just can't see sb being light here too often and were not even closing the action so ye its a sigh fold for me.
    “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

did he misclick?

edit: nm missed the overbet on the turn.
      Last edited by Denny Crane; 25-11-13, 18:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        did he misclick?
        Doubtful, I didn't think so at the time anyway.

Comment

275 to call, I pay the man !

Comment

Originally posted by DaKlowen View Post
            Not closing the action tbf and I dont think the price is a bragain for how often we are good ( that said we do gain a little bit of information for future dynamics-hopefully,and it is 4 max so some small chance he has a worse two pair (hugely unlikely obv).

I would bet the flop for sure. As played like turn call. No idea about river, very opponent dependant, but I usually mash the raise button in play.

Comment

Totally agree mistake is not donking flop, any thoughts on raising turn otherwise? Board gets that little bit wetter, can get value from Ax, FD, Str8 draw etc? Realise raising turn is a nutted range but hardly need to be balanced in this spot?? Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by shanno66 View Post
                Weird hand for sure.

Probly donk the flop to get value Ax,Kx broadway draws etc.
                As played think i just flat river given how passively he played the monster draw in the other hand,Deffo folding river given the action now.

Just can't see sb being light here too often and were not even closing the action so ye its a sigh fold for me.
                ^^^Exactly everything I was thinking/think, although I'm not so sure about the river really after the weird way the hand played out. I do think flatting his river lead is better though(greed crept in I guess).

Originally posted by DaKlowen View Post
                ^^^I just went with this in the end.

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                Not closing the action tbf and I dont think the price is a bragain for how often we are good ( that said we do gain a little bit of information for future dynamics-hopefully,and it is 4 max so some small chance he has a worse two pair (hugely unlikely obv).

I would bet the flop for sure. As played like turn call. No idea about river, very opponent dependant, but I usually mash the raise button in play.
                ^^^ Bolded bit; 4 max meh, it's a multi-way pot at the end of the day. Also he played the previous HH fairly passively both pre and post flop.

Agree with the rest of your post, I just think using 'it's 4max' as reasoning is flawed in general, post flop anyway....but ofc it could be my thought process that is flawed.

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                Totally agree mistake is not donking flop, any thoughts on raising turn otherwise? Board gets that little bit wetter, can get value from Ax, FD, Str8 draw etc? Realise raising turn is a nutted range but hardly need to be balanced in this spot?? Just a thought
                Not mad about raising the turn given the other hand, or in general actually. I can't see someone who played an open ended straight FD passively suddenly decided to 2x pot the turn.

Also, what has balancing got to do with raising the turn?

Comment

Re betting the flop:
                  • it looks v strong. Is anyone ever bluffing there?
                  • in a limped pot there may not be many Ax/Kx hand out there.
                  • would I get three streets out of Ax/Kx hands?
                  • checking gives UTG (and SB) a chance to bluff.

Just throwing it out there...

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                    Re betting the flop:
                    • it looks v strong. Is anyone ever bluffing there?
                    • in a limped pot there may not be many Ax/Kx hand out there.
                    • would I get three streets out of Ax/Kx hands?
                    • checking gives UTG (and SB) a chance to bluff.

Just throwing it out there...
                    If your thoughts are checking gives the chance to bluff, surely the river is a flat after the 3b?

Only getting called by better if you raise and still a chance you're ahead.

I agree with the bolded bit and snap the 3b, not enough info to fold and the big bet on turn looks like an Ace most of the time. I would have bet flop and turn though.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post

^^^ Bolded bit; 4 max meh, it's a multi-way pot at the end of the day. Also he played the previous HH fairly passively both pre and post flop.

Agree with the rest of your post, I just think using 'it's 4max' as reasoning is flawed in general, post flop anyway....but ofc it could be my thought process that is flawed.

Yeah, your right. True that.

Comment

Line is fine, mandatory flick-in now. We only need him to have a few combos of 97/K7 for calling to be correct, and if hes bad enough to click back river he's probably bad enough to overvalue 2P. UTG takes a few Ax combos from SBs range too which helps.
                        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

river line = when getting slighty over 7.5-1 he needs to be bluffing around 12% of the time for this to be a profitable cal so going by his bet sizing and the way the hand played out i would make the cal

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                            If your thoughts are checking gives the chance to bluff, surely the river is a flat after the 3b?

Only getting called by better if you raise and still a chance you're ahead.

I agree with the bolded bit and snap the 3b, not enough info to fold and the big bet on turn looks like an Ace most of the time. I would have bet flop and turn though.
                            My thoughts you bolded were in relation to the flop and turn. I wouldn't be planning that far ahead that I could foresee SB 3 betting a reraise on the river in a multi-way pot.

I was reraising river for thin value, hadn't really thought there would be much out there capable of 3 betting given his river sizing.

The river is never a bluff and the action is v strong and from a player who has only shown to be passive.

Comment

Working...
                            X