Tricky spot Wcoop 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tricky spot Wcoop 2

I only have 43 hands on villain but I did something similar to him previously when I made a big over pot bet all in on the river with air btw, he has been calling light from the blinds and is active enough, table overall is very aggressive.

Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 250/500 Blinds (6 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

SB (t13,950)
    BB (t29,498)
    UTG (t52,800)
    MP (t13,410)
    Hero (CO) (t32,468)
    Button (t33,535)

Hero's M: 43.29

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, A
    2 folds, Hero raises t1,000, 2 folds, BB calls t500

Flop: (t2,250) 7, 7, Q (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets t1,000, BB raises t2,000, Hero calls t1,000

Turn: (t6,250) 10 (2 players)
    BB bets t1,000, Hero raises t5,500, BB calls t4,500

River: (t17,250) 4 (2 players)
    BB bets t20,938,

Total pot: t17,250

Results below:
    SPOILER

BB didn't show

Yeah, fairly sure i'm calling cause of the worse 7's in his range. Wouldn't be surprised to see him have backed into some kind flush with the Q though. Is it bad to just station these spots?

Comment

The river has to be a call. I'm not really sure what you're asking though?

QQ/TT would tend to 3bet pre, well in general anyway, and FDs would/should fold the turn. Other danger hands we are behind would usually fold pre.

Pre and flop are standard, same with the turn but there you could opt to flat, raise less or raise more(no bad option here).

Comment

Def calling
        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

What could he possibly be doing this with, villain has been playing well even though he has been defending a lot but that seems to be the way the table has been playing, a lot of action.

I had a bad feeling about the hand, I could def see QQ/1010 here even the 74, I could be totally wrong here but if I am, it is a complete bluff unless it was a total float and hit some sort of a flush which imo is a very bad ship into a paired board and after the way I played the hand which must have looked strong.

Comment

Anyone who min c/r flop and bets 1k into 6k likely isn't too worried about our range. Would expect worse 7x a lot. Harder to make boats esp when board this disconnected. QQ/TT/44 have to be discounted somewhat given line
            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
              Anyone who min c/r flop and bets 1k into 6k likely isn't too worried about our range. Would expect worse 7x a lot. Harder to make boats esp when board this disconnected. QQ/TT/44 have to be discounted somewhat given line
              All of this.Think once there is any semblance of history between you, QQ/TT can be discounted. We dont have any reads really but his bet sizing is ludicrious, and there is no way I am folding to a random defend from a guy who is potentially pretty bad. Only hand I would worry about is some bullshit Qhxh combo, and certainly not enough to even humour folding.

Comment

Villain has obvious fish tendencies. Check-minraise, blockbet turn, etc.
                So deep I'd make it 4750 on the flop, just to make sure I stack him when he has a 7 and that I inflate the pot for when he has a Q.
                On the river I usually level myself to call here and always get turned over a flush that fish was block-betting on the turn and then overshoves on the river once he hits, but one day I will learn that they always have it in these spots and will start folding . He probably has some rubbish like QJ that overplayed all the way and got lucky.
                "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Has to be a call then either punch the air if we havent been sucked out on or else punch a wall when we have been

Comment

Working...
                  X