Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Id have thought double that.

Then again could be on the market for next 5 years too.

Mrs would love to get her hands on it...65 acres, slap a half dozen stables on it...only 15 mins from where we are anyway
    Would have thought even more than that. Imagine it's a funny market though, just hoping someone of that ilk is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Would have thought even more than that. Imagine it's a funny market though, just hoping someone of that ilk is looking.
      Photo No 5 has me sold

just hoping it's one of these babies and not some wanky thing

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Noooo, photo 22 crushes my dreams

offer withdrawn, GFYL DBIL

Comment

Photo 8? Think it's just a view of the swimming pool

Comment

Property is such an unusual thing in Ireland, we sold our house in Dallas for a decent amount, thought we did well but looking at what's on offer the difference is nihht and dah.

My mother is in cripppling pain at the moment with some nerve thing in her hip, hasn't been able to work on 2 months and no end in sight, she's contemplating just packing it all in and moving somewhere

Comment

4 winners so far in Shelbourne at the dags this evening. in a bar in Split watching these shite Europa games. Ould boy at the bar asked me what would win the 1st after copping my accent, I ask my girlfriend and she says the " the red one has a good name" and Trap 1 duly obliges. Think it's been 3 trap 1's so far. We've a bit of a following at the moment. Currently 7 or 8 people standing around waiting on us to go over to the betting machine so they can see what we are doing. Different level lads.
              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

It's gotten to the point where they stop bringing me gin in a glass on the flight and instead just bring the bottle and free pour, clearly doing things the right way

Comment

Picked some flowers from the garden this morning. The dahlias seem to be getting a second wind since the weather has improved

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Also noticed a few new blooms in my terribly neglected backyard yesterday. Is this a good time of year to replace old flowers and plants in advance of next spring? Have some dead looking bits'n'pieces that need to be removed, just want to figure out if it's worth buying plants in Woodies to stick in their place.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                      Also noticed a few new blooms in my terribly neglected backyard yesterday. Is this a good time of year to replace old flowers and plants in advance of next spring? Have some dead looking bits'n'pieces that need to be removed, just want to figure out if it's worth buying plants in Woodies to stick in their place.
                      Probably best to google each plant. I mostly have roses and dahlias. Bare root roses really only come on the market in October and best to plant them as soon as you get them.
                      No point in planting dahlia tubers until after the last frost next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                        Not really a good time for new for plants, right time for planting spring bulbs and its a great time for sowing seeds in pots and trays for next years flowers.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

raise
                          SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Touch, Pause, Engage.
                            (or whatever they say now)

Comment

Japan look pretty shit thus far. We won't break sweat winning this group.

Comment

God knows what shit CC is going to try and pull on us tomorrow.

Crochet?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Crochet?
                                  He's teasing you all out of the closet. Check SPs post above . Gay as fk imo.

Comment

I saw some guy with a tshirt saying Dublin 5 in a row, celebrating this seems to me akin to cheering on the school bully

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Crochet?
                                      There's more to life than drinking, gambling and arse-banditry.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                          I saw some guy with a tshirt saying Dublin 5 in a row, celebrating this seems to me akin to cheering on the school bully
                                          That’s a very odd analogy.

But not unexpected. Success breading contempt seems to the the ideology that connects all sport.

Comment

HJ is trolling. How quaint. I blame Collie he's fckd you all up.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                              HJ is trolling. How quaint. I blame Collie he's fckd you all up.
                                              he's openly taunting us now, man has metagame

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                              There's more to life than drinking, gambling and arse-banditry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                That’s a very odd analogy.

But not unexpected. Success breading contempt seems to the the ideology that connects all sport.
                                                it's working CC, you diabolical genius

Comment

Just in time!
                                                  Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
                                                  Last edited by rounders123; 20-09-19, 13:45.

Comment

No fork handles to be had in Rathfarnham Hardware, so ended up getting one on Amazon for a lot less than I would have been prepared to pay in a shop.(£6.63)

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 20-09-19, 13:53.

Comment

Standards really slipping at RTÉ, six one news last night said Rugby World Cup is third biggest world sporting event after olympics and FIFA World Cup -that cant be even close to true on any level.football euros, women’s World Cup etc are far more prestigious and widely followed events just for a start
                                                      What is it anyway, another 4 weeks before it actually starts?

Comment

Great day for the Climate strike

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                          Standards really slipping at RTÉ, six one news last night said Rugby World Cup is third biggest world sporting event after olympics and FIFA World Cup -that cant be even close to true on any level.football euros, women’s World Cup etc are far more prestigious and widely followed events just for a start

Plenty of sporting events claim to be the third biggest behind the Olympics and World Cup, but the figures don't always add up.

It's an old article but it covers the whole 3rd biggest sporting event pretty well.

Comment

Kulchur Nite

one of the best days of the year in town imo

Comment

Women's World Cup? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                Women's World Cup? Really?
                                                                I’d say so, we are in the rugby bubble, most of the world doesn’t care and never will hopefully

Comment

Racist hate mail, late-night booze-ups, 9/11 hysteria and a visit from Prince Andrew … 20 years after its launch, Aaron Sorkin and the team recall the epic TV drama that changed US politics

Jesus the ego on these people, the guy who played dress up as president bartletts press officer on the West wing thinks they got Obama elected.
                                                                  Keep a bucket handy if you are reading that article, they think very highly of themselves indeed.
                                                                  Such an awful show, they did more to elect trump tbh

Comment

Was going around the staff today collecting fivers for the Eurobananas. Came to this lad who I knew was getting the bullet at 5 o'clock.

'Do you want in on the Euromillions syndicate Johnny, 190 millin?'

'Yeah yeah, stick me in, I'll give you the fiver on Monday'

Better bleedin win now.
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...e_iOSApp_Other

Jesus the ego on these people, the guy who played dress up as president bartletts press officer on the West wing thinks they got Obama elected.
                                                                      Keep a bucket handy if you are reading that article, they think very highly of themselves indeed.
                                                                      Such an awful show, they did more to elect trump tbh

Comment

*** BRAG ALERT ***

Just popping in to brag that Lucie, who had the mammoth task of learning Maltese in 6 weeks to pass a Medical Maltese exam to enable her to get into the Medicine and Surgery course that she got the grades for...

She got a whopping 73%! and starts in just over a week.

Very proud parents here.
                                                                        She is currently in Jordan and flying home tomorrow. She is like a dog with two tails with happiness and excitement

I am going to be Mum to a DOCTOR

Comment

That's amazing news, well done Lucie, and well done you guys. Congrats.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                            Just popping in to brag that Lucie, who had the mammoth task of learning Maltese in 6 weeks to pass a Medical Maltese exam to enable her to get into the Medicine and Surgery course that she got the grades for...

She got a whopping 73%! and starts in just over a week.

Very proud parents here.
                                                                            She is currently in Jordan and flying home tomorrow. She is like a dog with two tails with happiness and excitement

I am going to be Mum to a DOCTOR
                                                                            Loving last line... Fantastic she really is.
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Please don't let her call herself Dr Flushdraw . A patient don't like those odds.

Congrats rightly proud .

Comment

This may not be a parody account

Either way

Comment

The second half is where it's at...

0:00:00-0:02:31 sounds, intro0:02:32-0:07:10 Red Bull Music Festival 2019 - London trk1 ("unreleased afx”)0:06:23-0:10:01 Leo Anibaldi - Muta B20:07:23-0:12:...

Comment

Let’s go Fiji!
                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

BOOM. Game on! Where’s Trippie and Shrap?
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                        Let’s go Fiji!
                                                                                        Started on fire.what a try!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                          Started on fire.what a try!
                                                                                          I tell you what the Aussies are going to lose a few players tonight. The hits are unreal. I don’t fancy Wales chances of getting out of this group.

Comment

I tell you what the Aussies are going to lose a few players tonight. The hits are unreal. I don’t fancy Wales chances of getting out of this group.
                                                                                            Yeah,Fiji are definitely in the mix.wales will be happy these 2 meet first and knock lumps out of each other before playing them.

Comment

Decision making has been shocking by aus in their 22

Comment

All Fiji need is a scrum and you’d fancy them to win this whole thing. Good 10, good line out, unreal defence and incredible attack. I guess fitness might be a factor later but so far they look very primed to me.

Comment

Yeah,Fiji are definitely in the mix.wales will be happy these 2 meet first and knock lumps out of each other before playing them.
                                                                                                  Wales are going to struggle to score enough tries in this World Cup I reckon.

Comment

Fair play to the Aussies. No panic in the face of the onslaught.

Comment

Are we going to see the real France later Shrap? I hope they can bring it against the Argies later.

Comment

Are we going to see the real France later Shrap? I hope they can bring it against the Argies later.
                                                                                                        I really hope so. We've got a super exciting back line, playing really well together going forward. But then again defensively, we're pretty shaky at times, and when the heads drop, we're all over the shop. Feels like same old story, but I've got high hopes for the young ones coming through. This feels like our tournament hopes are being played in this game. make or break day 1.

Comment

The Fijian backs are running over the Aussie wingers at every opportunity in attack. Punch a hole and then swarm through the gap. Great to see the fantastic hands and athleticism they've been using over the years in 7s. I hope they don't get tired in the second half.

Comment

Genia to come on is a great decision at this stage

Comment

Fiji at the breakdown are unreal!game changer right there

Comment

Aussie Aussie Aussie?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                  Aussie Aussie Aussie?
                                                                                                                  I think Aussies are 80% likely to win but I really fancy Fiji to get out of this group.

Comment

I really hope so. We've got a super exciting back line, playing really well together going forward. But then again defensively, we're pretty shaky at times, and when the heads drop, we're all over the shop. Feels like same old story, but I've got high hopes for the young ones coming through. This feels like our tournament hopes are being played in this game. make or break day 1.
                                                                                                                    If would just be so good to see France get back to playing some exciting rugby. Don’t fancy the Argies at all from what I’ve seen in the past 18 months but things can be different at a World Cup.

Comment

Wales are going to struggle to score enough tries in this World Cup I reckon.
                                                                                                                      Suddenly doesn't look so ominous for Wales. Get Fiji on the back foot and they're discombobulated

Comment

Suddenly doesn't look so ominous for Wales. Get Fiji on the back foot and they're discombobulated
                                                                                                                        Yeah but I don’t think Wales are nearly as good as the Aussies. I don’t see them holding the ball that long or having such a good scrum. I’ll definitely be tuning in anyway!!

If only Fiji had a local few pro teams...

Comment

Shrap, a 1st tryscorer bet for me in the French match is?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X