97 off limp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97 off limp

Hi would appreciate some feed back on this had. the Villain was playing 19/14 stats

GAME #4781934320: Texas Hold'em NL $0.25/$0.50 2013-05-04 02:40:41
    Table Speed Hold'em 4
    Seat 1: Hero ($109.24 in chips)
    Seat 3: GoldiPoldi ($51.62 in chips)
    Seat 5: LaPijaReDura ($17.09 in chips)
    Seat 6: Mama4ita777 ($20.14 in chips) DEALER
    Hero: Post SB $0.25
    GoldiPoldi: Post BB $0.50
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Hero [D7 C9]
    LaPijaReDura: Raise (NF) $1.00
    Mama4ita777: Call $1.00
    Hero: Call $0.75
    GoldiPoldi: Fold
    *** FLOP *** [D9 D10 C7]
    Hero: Check
    LaPijaReDura: Bet $2.62
    Mama4ita777: Raise (NF) Allin $19.14
    Hero: Call $19.14
    LaPijaReDura: Fold
    *** TURN *** [C6]
    *** RIVER *** [H7]
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $42.40 Rake $2.00
    Hero: Shows [D7 C9]
    Mama4ita777: Shows [?]

forgot to mention it was a 6 seater speed/zoom game

Comment

pocket 10s? hits his set and shove cos know be calling stations in zoom. ... tis zoom id prob call off with the 97 too.

boring hand tbh... nice first post

Comment

no I actually won the had and I know its not the most exciting one but as you said it is my first hand post so it is just a trial run for me. He had 9s 10s. My Question is should i be calling off or folding in this spot ?

Comment

Call pre is very bad tbh
          Post flop is fine however can't fold, too many straight draw, over pairs etc in his range.

Pre=horrible(just being honest)

Post=good

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
            Call pre is very bad tbh
            Post flop is fine however can't fold, too many straight draw, over pairs etc in his range.

Pre=horrible(just being honest)

Post=good
            not sure post flop is too good here either, bottom 2 on this texture for stacks unless iv the player noted for overplaying 1 pair hands i think its a fold on evrey street, even if ahead and you call off you'l still loose your stack a very high per centage the time v Jxstraight n flush draw hands,snap fold pre is the obv play here anyway imo.

Comment

Flod pre.

Comment

Originally posted by fivebetbluf3 View Post
                not sure post flop is too good here either, bottom 2 on this texture for stacks unless iv the player noted for overplaying 1 pair hands i think its a fold on evrey street, even if ahead and you call off you'l still loose your stack a very high per centage the time v Jxstraight n flush draw hands,snap fold pre is the obv play here anyway imo.
                It's not a post flop fold I don't think, the bolded above makes very little sense to be honest especially in cash. No pokerstove at present but it's a defo call even vs a reasonable tight shoving range, folding based on what you suggested is bad

Comment

It's not a post flop fold I don't think, the bolded above makes very little sense to be honest especially in cash. No pokerstove at present but it's a defo call even vs a reasonable tight shoving range, folding based on what you suggested is bad
                  never bad to fold here its bottom 2pair on a 7910dd with just 3/4's a blind volunteered into the pot there's nothing wrong with taking a lower variance approach and just lay pick a better spot i think... your giveing away so much equity v big draws on your 40blinds in a hand you should not have 1full blind in in the first place.. and that's of course if your ahead as in this case he wasn't. your only in good shape to 1pair hands here really and as i said above unless iv the player noted for over playing 1pair hands like a luanatic its prob just sigh fold... on to the next one, there are more hands in his range you won't like seeing then hands you will! best case scenario imo is you have 60% equity so your basically gambling/flipping which is avoidable by just folding with only 1bb invested. but i'm a nit and don't play cash so yes up for debate
                  Last edited by fivebetbluf3; 04-05-13, 13:17.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                      lol
                      Just looking forward to when HJ comments

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                        lol
                        lolhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CedfuZeqJRA&feature=youtu.be&a

Comment

never bad to fold here its bottom 2pair on a 7910dd with just 3/4's a blind volunteered into the pot there's nothing wrong with taking a lower variance approach and just lay pick a better spot i think... your giveing away so much equity v big draws on your 40blinds in a hand you should not have 1full blind in in the first place.. and that's of course if your ahead as in this case he wasn't. your only in good shape to 1pair hands here really and as i said above unless iv the player noted for over playing 1pair hands like a luanatic its prob just sigh fold... on to the next one, there are more hands in his range you won't like seeing then hands you will! best case scenario imo is you have 60% equity so your basically gambling/flipping which is avoidable by just folding with only 1bb invested. but i'm a nit and don't play cash so yes up for debate
                          This is mental.

Do you like seeing 89 here?

Comment

why over shove 89 here? he's saying he has a made hand with this polerized bet on a draw heavy board 68o j8o 910 and sets! hes saying iv 2pair or better and your holdings are the worst two pair of them all! jqdd and Axdd hands doing this often also and that's the best spot i think you can be in here (unless he just shoves when he makes top pair which you would of been aware of already) which isent the very best spot ever! with 1bb invested its crazy to fold? im not going to comment on this thread anymore it was a mistake but thats my opinion have a think bout it

Comment

why over shove 89 here? he's saying he has a made hand with this polerized bet on a draw heavy board 68o j8o 910 and sets! hes saying iv 2pair or better and your holdings are the worst two pair of them all! jqdd and Axdd hands doing this often also and that's the best spot i think you can be in here (unless he just shoves when he makes top pair which you would of been aware of already) which isent the very best spot ever! with 1bb invested its crazy to fold? im not going to comment on this thread anymore it was a mistake but thats my opinion have a think bout it
                              Y does it have to be 86o j8o?? Can easily do the same with a wide range of QJdd for example.
                              to answer ur question yes it's crazy to fold the flop.

Comment

Originally posted by fivebetbluf3
                                jqdd and Axdd hands doing this often also and that's the best spot i think you can be in here which isent the very best spot either!
                                Unfortunately you don't get to invest when your nutted, you gotta take +ev situations so my suggestion is go download pokerstove and run 79o vs the range you perceive him to have on a 7910dd board and check do you have 45% equity vs his shoving range, now if you have more than 45% equity(you suggested he should have 60%) then it's a CALL!!

Comment

Y does it have to be 86o j8o?? Can easily do the same with a wide range of QJdd for example.
                                  to answer ur question yes it's crazy to fold the flop.
                                  exactly my point! if in the case your actually ahead here your still giveing away 40% equity on 40bbs you had no need to put in in the first place and that's anyone's pot folks.... your over calling to flip IF you are ahead

Comment

Unfortunately you don't get to invest when your nutted, you gotta take +ev situations so my suggestion is go download pokerstove and run 79o vs the range you perceive him to have on a 7910dd board and check do you have 45% equity vs his shoving range, now if you have more than 45% equity(you suggested he should have 60%) then it's a CALL!!
                                    bet to pot size ratio applies here, it comes down to the player, i play mtts so i cant just reload when they get there! you have a fair point and i acknowledge it and take it in! nice discussing this with you

Comment

Because he's clearly a fish.

I have thought about it and it's ridiculous.

Comment

exactly my point! if in the case your actually ahead here your still giveing away 40% equity on 40bbs you had no need to put in in the first place and that's anyone's pot folks.... your over calling to flip IF you are ahead
                                        This is absolutely mental logic again.

We're taking the best of it for 40bb ffs and you're suggesting folding. It's a cash game, just reload and always take your edges.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                                          Because he's clearly a fish.

I have thought about it and it's ridiculous.
                                          macropoker.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, macropoker.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

it seems to be serving me a bit better then you this year, wp

Comment

This is absolutely mental logic again.

We're taking the best of it for 40bb ffs and you're suggesting folding. It's a cash game, just reload and always take your edges.
                                            ie. have a gamble. big edge getting it in here with 2outs

Comment

http://macropoker.com/en/stats/Poker...ivebetbluf/MTT

Wow, amazing. Do you do coaching?

You want cock measuring is it because I think you're logic is retarded?

What do you do with AK pre in a tournie what with you only having 60% equity with 40bb?

Comment

ie. have a gamble. big edge getting it in here with 2outs
                                                I'm pretty sure you wouldn't beat 25/50c with your logic here. Keep trying though.

Comment

Wow, amazing. Do you do coaching?

You want cock measuring is it because I think you're logic is retarded?

What do you do with AK pre in a tournie what with you only having 60% equity with 40bb?
                                                  You trying to get free coaching now? Level

and its not a tournie, and you are stacked! u dont need to take risks 200bbs deep! dont forget the player behind in this 3way pot also [fish]
                                                  Last edited by fivebetbluf3; 04-05-13, 14:41.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't beat 25/50c with your logic here. Keep trying though.
                                                    agree with this

Comment

You trying to get free coaching now? Level

Comment

gg lad's, nice owning you all

Comment

I done this after the hand and I don't think I would of put him on top 2 pair but sets and high flush draws would defo be in it.

Comment

gg lad's, nice owning you all
                                                            Aye, telling us you don't want to get 40bb in as a 60/40 favorite is fairly crushing my soul alrite.

My question with AK was serious earlier aswell btw in a tournie with 40bb? Considering we're flipping against a vast part of a villians range? Or do you just always flat pre and take low variance route? That's what you mostly play play, right?

What really screws us here and puts us in a tough spot is the call preflop. It's always a muck.
                                                            Last edited by peterswellman; 04-05-13, 14:58.

Comment

I seen on pokerprolabs that you have played a lot of HU hyper turbos, I would have assumed someone who plays games like that, would understand that making +ev decisions no matter how big or small is the most important thing??

Comment

This is absolutely mental logic
                                                                winner of the internet

Comment

also nobody limped ith

Comment

Peter's I don't actually play that way but your 100% right I was toying with that strategy at the time

Comment

Laois Hammer = Legend

Comment

Originally posted by sniperaction View Post
                                                                        Peter's I don't actually play that way but your 100% right I was toying with that strategy at the time
                                                                        No prob man. Just some advice is all. Best to fold this hand especially in the sb because being OOP with hand like this is just a pain. Your flatting range from the sb should be pretty tight and a high % of hands I usually play i'll 3-bet them.

Comment

http://macropoker.com/en/stats/Poker...ivebetbluf/MTT

This is pathetic

Not results, The fact that your using them as your defense when you are wrong in this instance

Comment

I am hardly defending it I am just giving the facts of the situation.

Pathetic -Arousing pity, esp. through vulnerability or sadness

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by sniperaction View Post
                                                                              I am hardly defending it I am just giving the facts of the situation.

Pathetic -Arousing pity, esp. through vulnerability or sadness
                                                                              it wasnt directed at you

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by drive56 View Post
                                                                                This is pathetic

Not results, The fact that your using them as your defense when you are wrong in this instance
                                                                                i'm not using it in my defense he called me fish so i just pointed out that my fish play gets me further then his fish play, and there is no wright or wrong tbh you could do either it comes down to the player i suppose but i would lean towards a fold for 40bigs in this pot,like i said im a nit n mtt player 40bbs is usually alot. basically what evrey one is saying here there is no texture apart from an all suited flop that you would ever lay bottom two. because apart from 8910s etc the boards as wet as it gets

Comment

#41
                                                                                  i'm not using it in my defense he called me fish so i just pointed out that my fish play gets me further then his fish play, and there is no wright or wrong tbh you could do either it comes down to the player i suppose but i would lean towards a fold for 40bigs in this pot,like i said im a nit n mtt player 40bbs is usually alot. basically what evrey one is saying here there is no texture apart from an all suited flop that you would ever lay bottom two. because apart from 8910s etc the boards as wet as it gets
                                                                                  As its been pointed out already, this hand took place in a cash game and not in an mtt, im not folding this in a cash game unless i have a specific read to do so. and i dont think thats what theyre saying. if you want to play the lower variance route and fold that is your decision but i think what the others were getting at was that they would not fold this clearly +ev spot in a cash game

Comment

#42
                                                                                    key to my reasoning is the pot is so small and the board so wet so therefore it does not have to be a snap call. if the tables tuff ok but if you think you can jus pick them off in better spots in smaller pots its seems more logical then even giveing away 40% equity on ur $ (if ur ahead)

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Thanks drive I retract my last comment.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        There is 100% a right or wrong and not a preference at all man. Folding is wrong and calling is right. Honestly u can talk as much as you like about MTT player and bet pot ratio whatever you like but if you offer an opinion on a hand that is wrong, u just gotta deal with the criticism, you gave no solid evidence that folding is good.
                                                                                        Like I said earlier show us 79o has less than 45% equity vs the buttons shoving range and we will all agree with you.
                                                                                        Its that simple.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          There is 100% a right or wrong and not a preference at all man. Folding is wrong and calling is right. Honestly u can talk as much as you like about MTT player and bet pot ratio whatever you like but if you offer an opinion on a hand that is wrong, u just gotta deal with the criticism, you gave no solid evidence that folding is good.
                                                                                          Like I said earlier show us 79o has less than 45% equity vs the buttons shoving range and we will all agree with you.
                                                                                          Its that simple.
                                                                                          20 bad cards in the deck if ur ahead which you still only are a bit more then most of the time x2 in a pot you had absolutly no need to be involved in and get the bad beat storys ready my opinion snap call in if u like i would too 90% the time just maybe not in this small wet boarded pot when i know i can find another less gamble gamble spot later on..

i understand its +ev and your ahead most of the time but how often do u hold v the JQdd here? not enough to justify the big overcall(if the chips matter to u)
                                                                                          Last edited by fivebetbluf3; 04-05-13, 17:16.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            20 bad cards in the deck if ur ahead which you still only are a bit more then most of the time x2 in a pot you had absolutly no need to be involved in and get the bad beat storys ready my opinion snap call in if u like i would too 90% the time just maybe not in this small wet boarded pot when i know i can find another less gamble gamble spot later on..
                                                                                            Now you are calling 90% of the time? So this hand falls into the 10% category where you fold. Your analysis is getting less credible tbh. Imo this is a quit while you're behind spot man

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Now you are calling 90% of the time? So this hand falls into the 10% category where you fold. Your analysis is getting less credible tbh. Imo this is a quit while you're behind spot man
                                                                                              yes because pot size and shove size dosen't come up to often on this texture does it?if the board was 972dd i snap! or if the pot was 3/4bet and 3players had 4-7bbs in each then i may snap also....get me? yes i think i will quit now enjoy the swings of poker in silly pots

Comment

#48
                                                                                                yes because pot size and shove size dosen't come up to often on this texture does it?if the board was 972dd i snap! or if the pot was 3/4bet and 3players had 4-7bbs in each then i may snap also....get me? yes i think i will quit now enjoy the swings of poker in silly pots
                                                                                                Look man I'm not nor is anyone else trying to be a prick to you but your being a pig here. There are some very good players who post here and you being a pig isnt going to help you improve at all. You are genuinely making no sense.
                                                                                                I am also going to quit here because I am annoying myself by trying to help you when you won't listen.
                                                                                                GL dude

Comment

#49

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Ok, firstly never called you a fish. Called the guy shoving here a fish, if you're going to get mad over something, at least get it right.

There is more sites than Pokerstars.com, just so you know. Up just as much as you from MTT's but yeah, my results on .com are average but whatever gotta keep getting better.

You're clearly wrong in this instance and I don't care if you were up 100k online. You used the words you didn't want to put in 40bb as a 60% favourite and that to me is retarded. You think it's gambling, I think it's a good call. Now if you constructed a range whereby we were 40% and we had to call here, that's fine. You used the 60% figure not me.
                                                                                                    Last edited by peterswellman; 04-05-13, 18:07.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Just looking forward to when HJ comments
                                                                                                      I don't really have much to add, preflop is bad, the flop is pretty close and not that important - it has to be pretty close to neutral ev either way.

Comment

#52

just something i came by i thought wort adding, yes diffrent but still very alike, i agree with evreyone but my argument i dont feel is as far off as evreyone is making out that your never a big favorite to win even on the flop....if u are ahead. that is all. i offer peace now and defo not looking to start this thread up again so if nobody replys i understand and it would be preferable for me also and apoliges for coming across wrong gl on the tables with either strat

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                        X