€1/€2 NLH, is this ever a call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

€1/€2 NLH, is this ever a call?

On the BB with A5(6 handed I think) (€1/€2 NLH - Hero €150 / Villian €500+)

Folded to button who raised to €12 and we see a flop heads up,

Flop 642

Check - V bets €17 & I peel

Turn 8 (pot €59)

I check & he jams (€121 all in for me to call)

Extremely aggressive NOR half pissed also,

Is this ever a justifiable call?

Result
    SPOILER
    I called out of frustration and spiked and Ace on the river, he had Q-4

Comment

Stack this shallow its a fold pre, flop is fine, turn is a fold, its not out of the question your ahead OTR sometimes given the lunacy of these games but your v clearly behind his range, nice spike
      Last edited by Daragh999; 25-03-13, 01:07.
      They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
      Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

Bad call pre - you called a 6 bb raise oop

To be honest the turn is so self explanatorily bad you shouldn't need it spelled out.

Comment

Bad pre, acceptable call on flop, bad jam call. It would maybe be a close call were there two spades out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragh999 View Post
            Stack this shallow its a fold pre, flop is fine, turn is a fold, its not out of the question your ahead OTR sometimes given the lunacy of these games but your v clearly behind his range, nice spike
            If we are deeper or infact its just a standard 3x raise & cbet what do you think of check/raise instead of check/call?

Comment

Yeah just wanted to add this was a very lag table in the city west friday night I think, I was the only irish player (not that that makes a difference)

and the standard opening raise varied dramatically from €10- €25, I could count on two hands the amount of times there was a sub €10 opeing bet so I don't think my call pre was that bad?

Comment

Muck it preflop.

If you were full-stacked/deeper the flop is nice for a check raise with endless barelling turn cards. Given your stack size and positing, it's going to be very unprofitable floating OOP.

Turn: Horrendous call. Many of his bluffs even beat you.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post

and the standard opening raise varied dramatically from €10- €25, I could count on two hands the amount of times there was a sub €10 opeing bet
                  You need more than 75BB to be playing this game.

Comment

12.5x preflop raises

I did hear the action at Citywest was batshit mental.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      You need more than 75BB to be playing this game.
                      I was floating around my buy-in of 300 a few hands previous but doubled another short stack up when we both flopped flushed, that hand also probably added to the frustration which led to the above call but hadnt bothered topping up

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                        and the standard opening raise varied dramatically from €10- €25, I could count on two hands the amount of times there was a sub €10 opeing bet so I don't think my call pre was that bad?
                        How does the amount people raise to, IN OTHER HANDS, affect whether or not this call is profitable?

Comment

3 bet and getting it in pre could be profitable in some of these games

Comment

Not a fan of the call pre. Flop is a fold for me (too shallow to float) and turn is an unbelievably easy fold.

However I take your point on board regarding the issue of large opening raises. This is an issue in live games everywhere. For me you have two options to combat this: Buy in extremely deep or take decision making out of the equation up until you're deep enough to play poker.

I'm never calling off 8% of my stack OOP. Most +ev strategy for you IMO would jam over opening raises with decent hands possibly AJ+ and 77+ and hope to hold. You'll be surprised the lol hands you'll be called with by a lot of players.
                            http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                            http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                              If we are deeper or infact its just a standard 3x raise & cbet what do you think of check/raise instead of check/call?
                              Would like it alot normally BUT, I cannot overstate how mental these games were, trying to bluff anyone off anything would be outright stupid.
                              They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
                              Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

Preflop is pretty simple, if people are making absurdly large raises then the way to combat them is not to CALL them out of position, but to three bet them often and fold otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X