Keep getting spots like these(I see a lot of flops), wanna know opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep getting spots like these(I see a lot of flops), wanna know opinions

I see a lot of flops I do admit but whats the best plan of action here?

I play these stakes a lot but the particular opponent I have <100 hands on so no real reads, seems kind of tight is the only thing that I will say, hence why I'm kinda reluctant about shoving here.
    I think its a pretty standard shove but even when I was doing it I wasn't too confident, what do people think?

PokerStars Game #38854352092: Omaha Pot Limit ($1/$2 USD) - 2010/01/28 9:54:09 ET
    Table 'Zelima IV' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
    Seat 1: KevinhoStar ($320.50 in chips)
    Seat 2: rSMig ($206.40 in chips)
    Seat 3: thepredator ($200 in chips)
    Seat 4: duffman123 ($68.55 in chips)
    Seat 5: maestroB ($100 in chips)
    Seat 6: michaeld18 ($318.40 in chips)
    maestroB: posts small blind $1
    michaeld18: posts big blind $2
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to michaeld18 [Kd 4c 3d 5h]
    KevinhoStar: raises $5 to $7
    rSMig: folds
    thepredator: folds
    duffman123: folds
    maestroB: folds
    michaeld18: calls $5
    *** FLOP *** [3s 6d 4d]
    michaeld18: bets $12
    KevinhoStar: raises $16 to $28
    michaeld18: calls $16
    *** TURN *** [3s 6d 4d] [Ks]
    michaeld18: checks
    KevinhoStar: bets $62

move please?
    Go big or go homeless.

Originally posted by dougee19 View Post
    I see a lot of flops I do admit but whats the best plan of action here?

I play these stakes a lot but the particular opponent I have <100 hands on so no real reads, seems kind of tight is the only thing that I will say, hence why I'm kinda reluctant about shoving here.
    I think its a pretty standard shove but even when I was doing it I wasn't too confident, what do people think?

PokerStars Game #38854352092: Omaha Pot Limit ($1/$2 USD) - 2010/01/28 9:54:09 ET
    Table 'Zelima IV' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
    Seat 1: KevinhoStar ($320.50 in chips)
    Seat 2: rSMig ($206.40 in chips)
    Seat 3: thepredator ($200 in chips)
    Seat 4: duffman123 ($68.55 in chips)
    Seat 5: maestroB ($100 in chips)
    Seat 6: michaeld18 ($318.40 in chips)
    maestroB: posts small blind $1
    michaeld18: posts big blind $2
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to michaeld18 [Kd 4c 3d 5h]
    KevinhoStar: raises $5 to $7
    rSMig: folds
    thepredator: folds
    duffman123: folds
    maestroB: folds
    michaeld18: calls $5
    *** FLOP *** [3s 6d 4d]
    michaeld18: bets $12
    KevinhoStar: raises $16 to $28
    michaeld18: calls $16
    *** TURN *** [3s 6d 4d] [Ks]
    michaeld18: checks
    KevinhoStar: bets $62

move please?
    His flop raise and turn bet smell like the nuts.
    If he has flopped the nuts no redraw you are a marginal favourite on flop.
    Off the top of my head you are a 60/40 dog(ish) on turn card.
    Therefore get it in on flop or fold imo.
    The villain is playing enoough for you to have fe wit a pot size re-raise on flop.

Also stop calling pre flop raises oop wit garbage hands that lead to tricky spots.

Comment

I dont like any street here really, I prob just fold pre,
      if I do call, id chk call flop,
      I think I might call now see what the river brings,
      its hard to see what calls you that you beat if you push the turn.
      I be interested to see what the more experienced have to say

Comment

You say he is tightish what range of hands do you have him on?
        AA with diamonds could take the same line here and he does not necessarily have to have 57 here all the time.
        I would be reraising the flop, as played i am really really happy to get all my money in here on the turn you could be as good as 70% favourite here and thats removing your diamond outs.

Comment

yeah he's tight, I haven't played many hands against him but this is only the second time I have seen him be so aggressive and the other time I seen him raise flop and bet the turn was when he had kk on k-9-6-2-2 board. He definitely knows what he's doing and seem a solid player

I know my preflop call was bad, I just like seeing flops . Want opinions about post flop only please
          ty
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

This hand isn't that bad pre, you should probably fold but I'd peel sometimes. But the way you play after pre, and the fact you start the thread means you shouldn't be playin this pre imo. If I lead the flop I definitely get it in on flop when he reraises.

I played a bit with you a year or so back , and I remember you beeing way too loose. If your just playing for fun fair enough, splash around as much as you like. But if your trying to make money, i'd say tightening up pre and on the flop would dramatically increase your win rate (or lower you loose rate , lolers)

Comment

Thanks for above comment, I honestly was just wondering about my flop call, was unsure whether to flat and hope he fires another bullet bluffing on the turn and reraise him then or just get it in on the flop

used play it just for fun but gone serious into it this month and have played more hands this month than all of last year
              Hope I can keep it up anyway, will be posting more spots that I'm having trouble with in near future so am happy for all comments from people who actually know the game

cheers
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by dougee19 View Post
                Thanks for above comment, I honestly was just wondering about my flop call, was unsure whether to flat and hope he fires another bullet bluffing on the turn and reraise him then or just get it in on the flop

used play it just for fun but gone serious into it this month and have played more hands this month than all of last year
                Hope I can keep it up anyway, will be posting more spots that I'm having trouble with in near future so am happy for all comments from people who actually know the game

cheers
                Dougee no disrespect i done my fair bit of levelling on boards but if you do not grasp this as an easy spot to get your money on the flop or at worst on the turn i would worry about easier spots you find yourself in as you go along.

Comment

I dont think this is an absolute get it in on the flop situ, If I lead i'd be leading to get it in for sure though. But i think I might check call here quite a bit aswell

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                    Dougee no disrespect i done my fair bit of levelling on boards but if you do not grasp this as an easy spot to get your money on the flop or at worst on the turn i would worry about easier spots you find yourself in as you go along.
                    This honestly isn't a level, I know I'm getting all my chips into the middle here and win or lose they're going in

I was just unsure of whether I should be flatting and hoping for one more bullet from opp or rereraising it on the flop

I obviously ended up check raising the turn all in I just wasn't completely happy of my line so I came on to see what others thought
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                    X