Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ukipt Sat Final Table

Hows it goin guys,

This hand is from the 162 ukipt sat final table last nite. blinds are 500/1000 100 ante,
    stack sizes are Player1 19k, P2 30k, P3 2.5k, P4 54k, P5 13.5k, P6 Me 9k, P7 70k, P8 7k,
    P9 22k,

4 packages and cash for 5th and 6th place.
    Im in the cut off and its folded around to me i have kq off suit.
    P7 is btn, P8 is the sb, P9 is the bb.

Whats our play here?

Cheers

Snap shoving, we're nowhere near a ticket yet, get them in.

Comment

Originally posted by OasisKid View Post
      Hows it goin guys,

This hand is from the 162 ukipt sat final table last nite. blinds are 500/1000 100 ante,
      stack sizes are
      Player1 19k,
      P2 30k,
      P3 2.5k,
      P4 54k,
      P5 13.5k,
      P6 Me 9k,
      P7 70k, (BTN)
      P8 7k, (SB)
      P9 22k, (BB)

4 packages and cash for 5th and 6th place.
      Im in the cut off and its folded around to me i have kq off suit.
      P7 is btn, P8 is the sb, P9 is the bb.

Whats our play here?

Cheers
      If your only interested in a ticket, then shove.

If getting to the cash matters to you [for bankroll reasons or whatever], then I would fold, P3 is dangerously low and P8 will probably feel compelled to move regardless.

P5 isn't in the hottest of positions either.

I would be thinking of this hand as 'on the bubble' in effect, given how low P3 is. With that train of thought then it would be right to fold and force P8 to pass you out - i.e. make him take the risk to get above you.

Comment

Spots don't come much better. This is an easy jam. If the 5th/6th place money is an issue for you (ie a significant boost to your b.roll) then you shouldn't be playing this sat. Gl op get em next time.
        Last edited by islander32; 28-01-13, 23:38. Reason: Get PT3 or HeM and post HH.

Comment

Shove away.

How large the 5th and 6th cash value is, relative to the value for a package, should a change our shoving range here. But I can't see how it could be high enough, so as to make this a fold. I imagine that average cash is less than half a package, or else 5th would simply be a package.

Comment

I ended up shoving and the bb had aces, curios to know if it was a standard shove or a bad one given the stacksizes of the rest of the table.

Cheers for the replies

Comment

Working...
            X