Playing 19k

Early raise to 400

Five callers.

I'm on SB with 4-6 and call.

7 to flop.

Flop
    6s/6h/10s

I lead for 1600.

EP raiser folds but tricky player next to him calls (and has me covered).

Then a short stack from cut-off goes all-in 5100. All-in player has been tight from what I've seen in small sample at table to date. Action on me.

Action?
    http://www.pokerireland.ie

11.6 in the middle and you have 17k behind.

I reship to isolate, if he's got 1010 or a better 6 meh. If he calls with a FD hes a loon.

If shortstack is ahead, you still have over 90bbs.

Flatting here oop unless you are hoping to get all his chips is bad imo.

You obv dont seem to want to smallball it with the leadout?
    Last edited by Dice75; 12-12-12, 21:39.

Comment

Originally posted by rag2gar View Post
      Blinds 75/150

Playing 19k

Early raise to 400

Five callers.

7 to flop.

Flop
      6s/6h/10s

I lead for 1600.

EP raiser folds but tricky player next to him calls (and has me covered).

Then a short stack from cut-off goes all-in 5100. All-in player has been tight from what I've seen in small sample at table to date. Action on me.

Action?
      Well 1st of all its definitely a fold pre! U shouldn't be calling OOP because its so unprofitable in the long term. I don't mind the flop lead though, I think most players aren't going to great too creative because there are so many people in the pot that folding out a 6 would be too difficult, if they are bluffing. You definitely have to call the reshove over pairs and decent 10s tens are pretty much what he has here like all the time. However with a player left behind A. I fold to the "tricky" players reshove and B. if he calls I go into check call mode unless his bet sizing suggests your beat!
      P.S. Again please fold pre!!

Comment

Call/ fold feels like the best line.

Call pre is fine.
        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Was this hand before or after you had a shot and a few beers in the 24hour bar. :-)

Comment

Ship it.

You played with 64 to either hit the straight/flush/3 of a kind/two pair/or bluff.

Iso now. Shoveski

Take the dough.

Comment

All in is lolbad
              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Check the flop. I'm not sure why you would lead there, why did you?

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                  All in is lolbad
                  Im all in here everytime
                  would like to hear your thoughts on why its bad
                  tx in advance

Comment

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
                    Im all in here everytime
                    tx in advance
                    It's 7 handed,
                    Tight player on LP goes all in after a bet and a call.
                    What range of hands do you expect him to have? Are there 6s in his range, do we bet any of them, etc

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                      All in is lolbad
                      What would your line be now that we are in this spot?

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                      Check the flop. I'm not sure why you would lead there, why did you?
                      I would check here too but my thinking is that seeing as he has having decided to see a flop in the 1st place & hit it hard he wants to play a big pot?

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
                      Im all in here everytime
                      tx in advance
                      Me too. Surely he has got what he wants?
                      His decisions up to here have lead him here, surely you cant envisage folding or call/folding?

Fwiw I think both decisions to get here have been incorrect.

Comment

This deep i'd nearly always call pre live.

I would sometimes lead the flop, but only if I knew why. You get more information for less chips by checking.

The reason all in is bad here is because we are representing a six, and we have almost the worst six possible. The tricky player will never call with a worse hand thereby making it a bad bet.

Whilst I'm here:

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post

You played with 64 to either hit the straight/flush/3 of a kind/two pair/or bluff.
                        This is bad logic; yet it crops up again and again. Your previous decisions make no difference to this one. If I raise with AA pre it is not with the intention of folding on the flop, yet sometimes I will.

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                        I don't mind the flop lead though, I think most players aren't going to great too creative because there are so many people in the pot that folding out a 6 would be too difficult, if they are bluffing.
                        This is entirely wrong, and doesn't make sense anyway. You don't want to stop people bluffing you, and the fact that there are loads of people in the pot makes it EASIER, not harder to fold out a six. No-one will try to fold out a six (and no one will fold one) anyway, so the point is moot.

You definitely have to call the reshove over pairs and decent 10s tens are pretty much what he has here like all the time. However with a player left behind A. I fold to the "tricky" players reshove and B. if he calls I go into check call mode unless his bet sizing suggests your beat!
                        The pot is too big for going into check call mode to make any sense in the manner you describe.

Comment

Dont mean to De-rail. but is getting into this pre assuming your folding if you dont hit Big not good play, from the point of view of mixing up your game and the advantage of players not putting u on the 6 in a raised pot etc, or is that what we tell ourselves ?
                          Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantispoker View Post
                            Dont mean to De-rail. but is getting into this pre assuming your folding if you dont hit Big not good play, from the point of view of mixing up your game and the advantage of players not putting u on the 6 in a raised pot etc, or is that what we tell ourselves ?
                            There are 6 players to this flop so any decent player will know that someone could have a random 6. The fact that that rag2gar has donked into 5 other players is surely a sign of strength.

Jesus noticed there are 7 to this flop^^Jesus how big is this buyin?

Blinds are 75/150 so I assume you are there an hour at least so would have some conception of your the way you are playing. Are you loose/aggressive betting patterns?

I probably do call pre although it is tight. I bet less on the flop though - pot is ~2400 so I half pot it at most to get some value from a 10. If you bet 1100 on the flop you might get a call from a ten on a later street while not bloating the pot with a vulnerable hand. In a big pot like that I find people like to call with the flush draws no matter how much you bet. If it hits the pot isn't too big.

I'm after going on some tangent anyway. The spot you have yourself in is surely a call the 5100 and fold to a reshove. Plenty of draws tht he is taking a shot on/maybe even a overvalued 10s in the shovers range
                            Last edited by The Aul Switcharoo; 13-12-12, 11:01.
                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                              This deep i'd nearly always call pre live.

I would sometimes lead the flop, but only if I knew why. You get more information for less chips by checking.

The reason all in is bad here is because we are representing a six, and we have almost the worst six possible. The tricky player will never call with a worse hand thereby making it a bad bet.

Whilst I'm here:

This is bad logic; yet it crops up again and again. Your previous decisions make no difference to this one. If I raise with AA pre it is not with the intention of folding on the flop, yet sometimes I will.

This is entirely wrong, and doesn't make sense anyway. You don't want to stop people bluffing you, and the fact that there are loads of people in the pot makes it EASIER, not harder to fold out a six. No-one will try to fold out a six (and no one will fold one) anyway, so the point is moot.

I believe that no one in the pot will try to bluff on this board because of the amount of people involved so raises etc are quite polarized to nutted hands making the hand easier to play

The pot is too big for going into check call mode to make any sense in the manner you describe.

Why is the pot too big to go into check call mode?? You have about 30% of your stack invested and almost 100bbs back, if you are smoothed behind by this tricky player and u call a turn bet on a non spade board, you will still have quite a.large stack if you fold to a river shove???

Basically what I.meant was that if you are raised by this tricky player after you call the shorties shove, then you should fold! Exactly what hands would a player call an sb donk and reshove on this board after you call a short jam?? Although the player is in ep I'm sure A6suited 1010 67, 68 suited can make up part of his! Perhaps he'll has some str8draw/fd combos but doubtful. If he smoothes after u call alarm bells should go off! His range .will be polarized to the.hands I mentioned! There is only 1 turn or river card I go broke on a 4 cos there are 6s in his range I then beat!! By shoving.u will fold out flushdraws but I think a decent player will fold out all flushdraws except possibly the nut flushdraw! If you shove you are only getting called by hands that beat you!!

I think people endorsing calling pre is pretty crazy to me tbh, people suggesting they call "live"??
                              Does this hand flop better live than online-? It's still playing 64 OOP in a raised multi-way pot which is pretty bad imo!
                              Last edited by Guest; 13-12-12, 11:45.

Comment

Also your suggestions HJ that my logic is moot is a bit ignorant! I suggested basically that players will play their hands quite face up on a board like this. I'm not saying that you dont want.people not to bluff you, all I meant was people will play this board quite honest post flop due to the amount of people who see the flop therefore their raises are more leaned towards nutted hands is all which I think is a fair assumption!!
                                Last edited by Guest; 13-12-12, 11:46.

Comment

Never folding pre getting 13-1 at what looks like a limpy fishy table.
                                  Prefer to check flop also, theres not a lot of hands were betting into 6 players with, and we are at the weak end of that range.

As played I'm calling the shortie, probably getting it in against the tricky player on the basis the tight shover is the more likely to have the last 6

Comment

OOP I'd be folding pre most of the time unless suited.

As played I'd lead most of the time (I'd have bet a little less c1200 but whatever). We've hit that flop pretty hard but there are draws out there and not too many turn cards that improve our holding so I'm deffo all for pot building.

Right now I dont like our position at all, the shortie really should only have the nuts, a 6, A10, flush draw or combo draw - the tricky player should have a similar enough range. I think if we continue then the tricky player only continues with a Full House, a better 6 or the combo.
                                    I think its time for a tight fold - I'm pretty sure that given our stack Call folding is dreadful.

Comment

Ship it. Leading out on the flop disguises the strength of your hand. You are gonna be ahead in this spot most of the time.
                                      If you're not in, you can't win

Comment

Call pre 100% of the time because there's like loads of straights out there and shiiiiiit.
                                        It becomes a very tricky spot here because if you flat I think the guy behind calls with ax/kx spades but also 10-10 so it becomes very tough to put him on a hand.

I'm flat calling here hoping for a fold behind tbh - if he reraises you're more than likely behind to a6 kinda hand unless he's a nutter who can't fold queens kind of hand, if he flats you're lost in the hand and oop which sucks but shipping all in is just a total kamikaze move
                                        Last edited by mdoug; 13-12-12, 14:28.
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by minor View Post
                                          Ship it. Leading out on the flop disguises the strength of your hand. You are gonna be ahead in this spot most of the time.
                                          Not a huge fan of call pre even suited drawing to 6 hi flushes not as great as it sounds.
                                          However with 6 other callers its obv a loose table so encourages looser play for ourselves.

Leading on this flop against 6 other players is always a 6 or if he was flop raiser a big pair.
                                          Cant see anyone leading a 10 here or a flush draw to see where they are so to speak.

Im thinking if we get it all in against tricky player and called were drawing very thin.
                                          Id flat shortys reraise and call it of if tricky guy shoves. Plenty of bordellos in Prague to destress after getting knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                            However with 6 other callers its obv a loose table so encourages looser play for ourselves.
                                            Disagree, surely when all the other players are playing loosly the optimum play is TAG and likewise if you are at a very tight table the most profitable play is LAG?

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                              Disagree, surely when all the other players are playing loosly the optimum play is TAG and likewise if you are at a very tight table the most profitable play is LAG?
                                              In general yes, but in cases like this where its costing you 200 into a pot of 2.6k against probablly loose passive opponents and you deepstacked, surely it's optimal to see the flop and play extremely TAG from there.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                                                In general yes, but in cases like this where its costing you 200 into a pot of 2.6k against probablly loose passive opponents and you deepstacked, surely it's optimal to see the flop and play extremely TAG from there.
                                                Its 325 into a pot of 2.8k (assuming BB completes) so a little over 7/1 OOP its a fairly straight forward muck pre to me.

Comment

Blinds 75/150
                                                  Early raise to 400
                                                  Five callers.
                                                  7 to flop.
                                                  I did have to read OP a good few times to get wtf went on pre but just to clear up on the basics since I've seen several different pot sizes posted...

There's 2625(blinds plus orig raiser plus 5 callers) in the pot when the action gets to us.

325 to call gives us a little over 8/1.

The BB must have folded if 7 see the flop.

Pot is 2950 OTF then.

Am I wrong?

Comment

Also your suggestions HJ that my logic is moot is a bit ignorant! I suggested basically that players will play their hands quite face up on a board like this. I'm not saying that you dont want.people not to bluff you, all I meant was people will play this board quite honest post flop due to the amount of people who see the flop therefore their raises are more leaned towards nutted hands is all which I think is a fair assumption!!
                                                    I was responding to what your wrote, not what you wanted to write .

Also, there has to be an easier way to put " you don't want people not to bluff you"

Your point was moot. It's not ignorant to point this out, it will either help you to learn, or you can point out to me how my logic is wrong and I can learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                      I did have to read OP a good few times to get wtf went on pre but just to clear up on the basics since I've seen several different pot sizes posted...

There's 2625(blinds plus orig raiser plus 5 callers) in the pot when the action gets to us.

325 to call gives us a little over 8/1.

The BB must have folded if 7 see the flop.

Pot is 2950 OTF then.

Am I wrong?
                                                      Think you are right, I was assuming the BB was one of the 7, but what you have written makes more sense, I still say a little over 8/1 with that hand OOP is not a call pre, live on the internet or on the fcukin moon for that matter.

And lol out loud at the action at that table for a €1000 buyin tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                        Its 325 into a pot of 2.8k (assuming BB completes) so a little over 7/1 OOP its a fairly straight forward muck pre to me.
                                                        Aah, my bad. I was reading it as a limped pot with blinds 200/400, so I see now raised early position and then multiple callers, can see the logic in fold pre now.

Comment

I was responding to what your wrote, not what you wanted to write .

Also, there has to be an easier way to put " you don't want people not to bluff you"

Your point was moot. It's not ignorant to point this out, it will either help you to learn, or you can point out to me how my logic is wrong and I can learn.
                                                          The grammar lesson is much appreciated and duly noted, "you don't want people not to bluff you" is that not an appropriate way of phrasing it? Ok rephrased "you want people to bluff you" that make it easier for you?? Ok so now that we have the important stuff cleared up, it should all make perfect sense.

My points are that generally people will play a board like this, multiway, in a very honest manner. I believe, after running this by a few really good tourney players, the consensus is pretty much fold pre but that's pretty standard imo, however as played, a call and fold to a reshove is correct and depending on reads bet folding blank turns(which I DONT LIKE) or check calling a turn bet and folding to a river shove is best. My point is not moot HJ, agreed I didn't explain in the manner I would have liked but all I was suggesting was that given the action the villian(tricky player) would very rarely have any hands that we beat(if he shoves and/or calls) so his range is polarized due to the action and board texture .
                                                          Not every hand is about getting value, survival in a tourney is key, you can't reload in all of them, I take the conservative approach here at all times.

Sorry if I didn't get my point across earlier in the manner I wanted, I hate writing on my phone. Just to say to point out an irrelevant factor such as the way I composed a certain sentence is again a sign of your ignorance. Just saying!!
                                                          Last edited by Guest; 13-12-12, 18:00.

Comment

The grammar lesson is much appreciated and duly noted, "you don't want people not to bluff you" is that not an appropriate way of phrasing it? Ok rephrased "you want people to bluff you" that make it easier for you?? Ok so now that we have the important stuff cleared up, it should all make perfect sense.

My points are that generally people will play a board like this, multiway, in a very honest manner. I believe, after running this by a few really good tourney players, the consensus is pretty much fold pre but that's pretty standard imo, however as played, a call and fold to a reshove is correct and depending on reads bet folding blank turns(which I DONT LIKE) or check calling a turn bet and folding to a river shove is best.
                                                            Not every hand is about getting value, survival in a tourney is key, you can't reload in all of them, I take the conservative approach here at all times.

Sorry if I didn't get my point across earlier in the manner I wanted, I hate writing on my phone.
                                                            Yes people will play these boards quite straight forwardly. That said though, the short stack will almost never have you beat.

Your posts still makes no sense. Once you call the flop all in there will be a pot of over 16k and you will have about 14k left. You can't check call a bet and fold to another bet, even if your opponent bets half the pot and you call, the pot will be 32k with you have 7k left. Similarly if you bet, any bet you make commits you to the pot. Also the pot is so big now that protecting it is important.

You say that you have only committed 30% of your stack, as if this is a good thing, when in fact once you get to that stage you should very rarely fold. Once you have put 1/3 of your stack in you are getting 2:1 on the rest of it and only need to win the hand 1/3 of the time to break even.

You might want to go back and reread your original post, because in a technical forum the details matters a lot and its important to get your point across in a concise manner.

Comment

Pre is pretty meh. Don't hate it but don't really like either. I fold here the majority of the time but I don't think it's a massive mistake.

There's so few hands that beat us here. Like the tight players overcalling range pre has what 2 6x hands in it. A6s and 67s. The tricky player I presume is pretty laggy so he could possibly have 67s,68s,69s,A6s. He shouldn't be flatting an UTG or UTG+1 raise from EP very wide. Even hands like 69s is probably not in many players range here. If he has all these 6x hands he must have a lot of Tx hands also which I dont imagine he folds to a single lead.

The tight player could definitely shove nut flush draws and combo draws. How did he lose the 1st 10k from his stack? Does he seem like the type to overplay top pair?

Just including AsJs,AsQs, 7s8s,8s9s,67s,A6s. We have around 40% against. Then if we just add in ATs we are all of a sudden a 52% favourite.

If you iso shove the tricky player will have to call really tight. I can't see him calling off with 86,76 or his draws/combo draws. So I'd expect his gii range to be A6 and TT. Which is such a tiny % of the hands he can actually have here.

Whereas if you try call/fold to shove. He could jam a lot of combo draws that he can't profitably call it off with.

It's horrible if you call and he flats behind. You have less than pot behind, his range is wide enough to include draws and absolute nut hands. An offsuit 4 is the only card you actually like or the case 6 obviously.

Comment

Yes people will play these boards quite straight forwardly. That said though, the short stack will almost never have you beat.

Your posts still makes no sense. Once you call the flop all in there will be a pot of over 16k and you will have about 14k left. You can't check call a bet and fold to another bet, even if your opponent bets half the pot and you call, the pot will be 32k with you have 7k left. Similarly if you bet, any bet you make commits you to the pot. Also the pot is so big now that protecting it is important.

You say that you have only committed 30% of your stack, as if this is a good thing, when in fact once you get to that stage you should very rarely fold. Once you have put 1/3 of your stack in you are getting 2:1 on the rest of it and only need to win the hand 1/3 of the time to break even.

You might want to go back and reread your original post, because in a technical forum the details matters a lot and its important to get your point across in a concise manner.
                                                                Why can't you check fold to a river shove if you feel you are beat regardless of pot odds?? Again, as mentioned before, value is irrelevant if you're beat do you not think??

I believe if you take the more passive line and you get a shove on the river, his range is totally weighted towards value and you literally beat nothing and are calling for a chop.
                                                                If the hand plays as you suggest with 7k back with 32k in the middle against an opponent with such a polarised range I think I fold. This concept I can understand can seem unprofitable and illogical, however 7k is better than 0k

Again I apologised for getting some of the technical stuff wrong as I said I hate posting from the phone and I just kept having to edit.

Comment

You can't fold being given such good odds because you can't be 100% sure that you are beaten.

You can draw out on another 6, you chop vs a lot of other 6's, you have one out vs TT, your opponent may decide to gamble with a flush draw, or reckon his ten or overpair is good.

Also I don't really think you mean polarised.

Comment

Also I don't really think you mean polarised.
                                                                    I definitely mean polarised, as in polarised towards the nuts! Looking forward to what actually happened now. Thanks for the superb insight HJ.

Comment

I definitely mean polarised, as in polarised towards the nuts! Looking forward to what actually happened now. Thanks for the superb insight HJ.
                                                                      I think you have the definition of polaraised wrong. My understanding of it is that it means it's either nuts or air. No mid range value hand.

Comment

Thats what I mean I think his range is very polarised if he calls the reshove also bets the turn if we check and shoves the river??? So I think his range will be polarised to the nuts that what I meant!!

Comment

Thats what I mean I think his range is very polarised if he calls the reshove also bets the turn if we check and shoves the river??? So I think his range will be polarised to the nuts that what I meant!!
                                                                          You still don't understand it. It means a total bluff or the nuts are equally likely. And thats not the case here.
                                                                          You can't say "polarised towards the nuts". It makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                            You still don't understand it. It means a total bluff or the nuts are equally likely. And thats not the case here.
                                                                            You can't say "polarised towards the nuts". It makes no sense.
                                                                            I see now, my bad, misunderstanding on my part, been mis-using the term in this thread my bad!

Sorry Gary and HJ

Comment

#39
                                                                              I see now, my bad, misunderstanding on my part, been mis-using the term in this thread my bad!

Sorry Gary and HJ
                                                                              Don't worry about it at all, once it's explained you won't make the same mistake again.

That's why theory forums are really good for learning/improving how to play poker. It might seem like people are being rude (and sometimes they will be!) but it forces you to be clear and correct in your thought process/description. I'd say I learnt more from forums than every other poker media put together.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Don't worry about it at all, once it's explained you won't make the same mistake again.

That's why theory forums are really good for learning/improving how to play poker. It might seem like people are being rude (and sometimes they will be!) but it forces you to be clear and correct in your thought process/description. I'd say I learnt more from forums than every other poker media put together.
                                                                                Last post on this!! Agreed I miss-used a term, however my thought process is perfectly fine on the hand to be honest with you, just to clarify but I'll try brush up on terms so no confusion in future!

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Last post on this!! Agreed I miss-used a term, however my thought process is perfectly fine on the hand to be honest with you, just to clarify but I'll try brush up on terms so no confusion in future!
                                                                                  It isn't, you've made at least three glaring errors poker errors and one logical error.

Just to say to point out an irrelevant factor such as the way I composed a certain sentence is again a sign of your ignorance. Just saying!!
                                                                                  Why do you keep insulting me throughout the thread? It's very difficult to have a discussion with someone whose posts are difficult to read. Personally i find it difficult to work out a double negative like " you don't want people not to bluff you", first of all it's unnecessarily complicated, and secondly sometimes when people use double negatives they don't really mean them.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    It isn't, you've made at least three glaring errors poker errors and one logical error.

Why do you keep insulting me throughout the thread? It's very difficult to have a discussion with someone whose posts are difficult to read. Personally i find it difficult to work out a double negative like " you don't want people not to bluff you", first of all it's unnecessarily complicated, and secondly sometimes when people use double negatives they don't really mean them.
                                                                                    This is getting kind of de-railed so I'll admit defeat, I used an incorrect term and wrote a sentence a way you didn't like it, I'm sorry. I explained the way I play the hand(although it took me a while to get there). I don't see 3 glaring poker errors, I think endorsing calling pre is the most glaring error tbh(regardless of any pot odds u throw at me). I'm not insulting you, I just think you're quite condescending and calling other peoples posts moot and their opinions irrelevant isn't very nice, hence why, I think you're very ignorant. I'm terribly sorry if that doesn't sit well with you but its the truth and tbh, I've seen you do similar before in posts so I pretty much expected it.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      I found this quite an awkward spot and thought for some time before eventually shoving. Tricky player folded and all-in player had 8-9s for flush draw/gutshot which missed (or hit and got redrawn out on river to be pedantic!).
                                                                                      http://www.pokerireland.ie

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by minor View Post
                                                                                        wow you made aswell turn the 6 in your hand face up leading here into 6 players

i would be very tempted to fold giving action as played

Comment

#45
                                                                                          I found this quite an awkward spot and thought for some time before eventually shoving. Tricky player folded and all-in player had 8-9s for flush draw/gutshot which missed (or hit and got redrawn out on river to be pedantic!).
                                                                                          Reshoving folds out the hands you want to stay in and keeps in the ones that crush.

As for the lead, I just don't see the point. Are you leading with draws, 10x hands and overpairs too or just with the nutted end of your range?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          X