middle pair 4 handed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

middle pair 4 handed

this hand happened just under an hour ago, student masters live sat...
    were 4 handed and im sitting on around 100k. villain whos chip leader around 170-200k..
    blinds are 2.5/5k... he min raises my BB to 10k and i have 97 i just call.. flop is 9KXr.. i lead into flop for 13k and he flats.. the turn is another rag but i check.. he bets 17k and i call.. my check here is because he raises pre and then just flats my flop bet so i was a little anxious to bet again.. although i called? on the river the A hits and i check again.. he bets 24k and im not sure what my exact stack was because its late and tired.. but if i call and lose i have around 20k left or so, so 4BB.. this really confused me this bet and i thought of a couple of hands he could raise with pre.. i knew he didnt have a K so i ruled out all Kx hands.. i was thinking QJ, 10J, any A really because everyone 4 handed was raising every aces and cbetting every flop as it went to showdown a couple of times so this was in my head, the A did worry me a bit here because he felt he could call/bet each street with AQ, AJ A10 and as i said an other ace here too... i think i played this hand badly but thoughts on the hand are appreciated..

Why are you flat calling, what's your intention? (just lookign for your intention, not saying whether I think its good or bad)
    What's your intention when you leading the flop?
    What range of hands do you think he raises with pre, what part of that range does he fold to your flop bet.

Obviously that's more questions than answers, but I think if you break it down like that it might help here.

Comment

He didnt play this badly..you did. leading flop in not great in this spot IMO... villain will c bet here a lot...check. call for me

Checking the turn even though its a rag instead of getting the loots in is even worse..you think your ahead yeah?. don't think you mentioned a9 as a hand he could be playing also..but by the way you've written the HH ..we can.rule that out too?
      (or better 9)

when you check he bets 17k into a 46k+ pot ( no antes?)and you dont c.raise.... All terrible. Hand shouldnt get to river.Probably wouldnt be playing this hand either if your 4 handed in a sat vs chip leader.

as played its a fold for me. you still have a nice stack size for shoving
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

How many tickets?

Fold pre everytime. This is how you play this

As played fold river. He is taking you to valuetown. The lead into him on the flop practically puts your hand face up so I wouldn't dis-count him having a king that's is taking you to value-town
        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

[QUOTE=Mellor;670826]Why are you flat calling, what's your intention? (just lookign for your intention, not saying whether I think its good or bad)
          What's your intention when you leading the flop?
          What range of hands do you think he raises with pre, what part of that range does he fold to your flop bet.
          I think calling the turn is telling him i have a hand here and that i cant be pushed.. he raised the last 3-4 of my BB and.fot.them.through b/c i had terrible hands.. i thpught this was worth a call.. Intention on leading flop was really.just to see where i was but thinking again that hes calling all day because he deffinately wanted to c-bet.. I mentioned a few hands i thought he could have raised with pre? What do.ypu do on river the way

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
          He didnt play this badly..you did. leading flop in not great in this spot IMO... villain will c bet here a lot...check. call for me

Checking the turn even though its a rag instead of getting the loots in is even worse..you think your ahead yeah?. don't think you mentioned a9 as a hand he could be playing also..but by the way you've written the HH ..we can.rule that out too?
          (or better 9)

when you check he bets 17k into a 46k+ pot ( no antes?)and you dont c.raise.... All terrible. Hand shouldnt get to river.Probably wouldnt be playing this hand either if your 4 handed in a sat vs chip leader.

as played its a fold for me. you still have a nice stack size for shoving
          yes i actually left out A9 there.. checking the turn looking back on.hand was a terrible.move, if i dont put him on a K then.i dont know why i check call the bet.. .. I only.got KOd around 45mins after i wrote this and i know for a fact i fold everyda otger day but it was late, was tired and.got annoyed with him raising my BB every hand. i left out antes, they were 500.. you fold river bet then? Because how the play went or you actually think were beat here..

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
          How many tickets?

Fold pre everytime. This is how you play this

As played fold river. He is taking you to valuetown. The lead into him on the flop practically puts your hand face up so I wouldn't dis-count him having a king that's is taking you to value-town
          There were 2 tickets for 1st 2nd.. Was around 1100 in prizepool.too.. ya he could have K but i really didnt think.he had the K.. Thats why i check.called turn. the ace slowed me down altogether.. as mentioned above it should.never have got to.the river.. pity i didnt thinkbof.it last.night!!
          Thanks lads???

Comment

Sorry the reply is all over the place, did it on my phone!!

Comment

The Student Master is a 100 buyin I thought..Packages?

Stack sizes of other players means you should never get in a pot with the chippie in a satellite with 4 left and 2 tickets
              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                The Student Master is a 100 buyin I thought..Packages?

Stack sizes of other players means you should never get in a pot with the chippie in a satellite with 4 left and 2 tickets
                Ya its 110 incl reg.. it was 460 and ticket, 300+ticket 180 and 120.. This was the second satwllute caesars had and i shipped ticket in the 1st one.but obviosuly still wanted to grt top prize!! I was level with one guy and then the other had me covered by around 40-50k but not fully sure.. ya i should.never have been in.the hand.. it was late though and i let tiredness and got a bit annoyed as he kept.raising.my.bb.. the hand completely lost me.the tournament.. i folded the river but tbh i knew it was the wrong move.. when i.folded i put him on a bluff.. and was really annoyed.. he later.told.me.he had QJ so this hand either helped me win the tourney but it lost it for me.which was very dissapointing.because it was the only wrong.thing i did all night.. onto the masters from.here.though:-)

Comment

what are the other players stack sizes? In a sat thats all that matters and basically dictates whether I shove or fold pre. Calling is lolbad and should never be done under any circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                    what are the other players stack sizes? In a sat thats all that matters and basically dictates whether I shove or fold pre. Calling is lolbad and should never be done under any circumstances
                    Im not completely sure of.exact sizes but for arguments sake CL has arpund 160-200k.. 2nd in chips has around 20-30k less and other guy got very lucky in first hand after break and dohbled up A4>AK.. and was on around 90k or so.. Calling pre is bad? I know now yes because it just got me.in situation i should never have been in..

Comment

Working...
                    X