1/2 rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 rush

I open UTG with 89hh to 6. I open 13% utg.

BB calls, he's 21/17. My only note on him is that he cold called my button 3bet in the sb and called 3 streets on jxxxxx with 1010.

Flop j72hh

i bet 10 he calls

Turn j726hh I bet 24, he calls.

River 7 pairing the board.

I bet 64 into ~80.

Good/bad?

dont know what your trying to rep here ah7h,22,jj..over pairs...dont like it to be honest...oh just saw your UTG. eh its not so bad, your repping a pretty strong hand..only notes you have say villian is a likely to station. still dont like it vs opponent
    Last edited by Pat Mustard; 23-11-12, 15:41.
    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
      dont know what your trying to rep here ah7h,22,jj..over pairs...dont like it to be honest...oh just saw your UTG. eh its not so bad, your repping a pretty strong hand..only notes you have say villian is a likely to station. still dont like it vs opponent
      I could have:

JJ - 3 combos
      QQ - 6 combos
      KK - 6 combos
      AA - 6 combos
      Aj - 12 combos
      77 - 1
      22 - 3

Thats 37 combos of hands.

How many bluffs do you think i'll have?

What do you think he has?

Why don't you like it?

Comment

I think it's fine except I fold pre most of the time utg here. He has shown non believer tendencies though in the previous hand so that might dissuade me. But your range is very strong here so I reckon he folds Jx a lot as this river is perceived to be a bad bluffing card for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
          I think it's fine except I fold pre most of the time utg here. He has shown non believer tendencies though in the previous hand so that might dissuade me. But your range is very strong here so I reckon he folds Jx a lot as this river is perceived to be a bad bluffing card for you.
          I usually fold this hand yeah, i must not have been concentrating.

Comment

I'd give up river without some history

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
              I usually fold this hand yeah, i must not have been concentrating.
              Accidental 3x opening FTW

Comment

He called with QJo and i went into a shame spiral.

Comment

He called with QJo and i went into a shame spiral.
                  I'd much rather play in games where people called utg raises OOP with QJo and called three bets with top pair than the opposite.

Comment

Dont play Zoom/rush 1/2, more so 10/20c, but 89hh is always a raise ep/mp mainly because most of the table has folded and are away looking for their AA. I understand at higher blinds there's a higher level of strategy but I would have thought quite a few would be similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      I'd much rather play in games where people called utg raises OOP with QJo and called three bets with top pair than the opposite.
                      Unfortunately noone ever folds and i never have the best hand though, which is a difficult set of circumstances to overcome.

Comment

This seems fairly standard to me. You will get called a reasonable amount of the time because of the flush missing, but I still think it's a profitable bet.

I'd imagine 1/2 Rush is probably close to unbeatable right now. They need to get some fish in sharpish.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I could have:

JJ - 3 combos
                          QQ - 6 combos
                          KK - 6 combos
                          AA - 6 combos
                          Aj - 12 combos
                          77 - 1
                          22 - 3

Thats 37 combos of hands.

How many bluffs do you think i'll have?

What do you think he has?

Why don't you like it?
                          I think the problem may be a combination of the thinking in this quote, and your non-use of your note on the villian.

Meaning, for whatever reason he has shown a tendancy to call you down light [ish], either because of his note/history on you or because he is simply a calling station = but whichever reason, you need a stronger made hand than normal to keep betting into him.

The quote here shows that you think about the game, know your numbers etc... = but you have no evidence he does the same. There is no point asking the question "and how much of my range did you think you were beating" of a person who thinks range is three different types of milk in a supermarket.

FWIW, I like the mixing up of hands utg, and the triple barrelling, but not against this opponent who won't lay down either just against you at the moment, or at all.

Comment

............... only note on him is that he cold called my button 3bet in the sb and called 3 streets on jxxxxx with 1010.
                            Did you have it? If you did not have it I would be less inclined to bluff him for a while.
                            On the hand in question if seems like a bad board, run out, to barrel.

Comment

Working...
                            X