Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Results Thread. Whose transfered to who...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Results Thread. Whose transfered to who...

With so many betting threads now imo it's hard to keep track of who has won of who. So if you make a bet from now on and get time, i think it would be a good idea to post in here what you won/lost and whether you shipped/received it. It gives a bit of an idea i think for those who don't read in here often who to trust and who not to.

I intend to do all my football bets on here now. If im going to lose id rather see it go to a IPB poster than a bookie. Im also going to keep names in my sig of who i have transfered to/recevied from as a way to remember also and to show others who they can bet with.

I don't get it and this thread offends my sensibilities somewhat

Most of us know and trust each other - why do we need a thread to reinforce that?

I've had innumerable bets with people on this forum up and down the years, staked people in tournaments also - I've always paid up on my debts and have always collected on my winnings. Maybe I've just been lucky but I don't see the point of having a thread that publically comments on these results? It's enough for me to give your word to a fellow gambler and to trust him/her in return - whether that bet be made publically on a forum or privately va PM, conversation etc.

now, known welshers....they deserve to be outed!
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Someone who doesn't gamble and never reads this section or a new person to the site might fancy having a punt someday. If he looks through this thread and see's semibluffs, eddie durkins, leearama name popping up constantly then he will know he can make a bet with them without worrying. You dont have to post how much it was, just that it went through.

It was just an idea so if it doesn't work then fine. Personally i liked it when it was just one big thread at the start and you could read a load of thoughts about all sports in the one thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
        Someone who doesn't gamble and never reads this section or a new person to the site might fancy having a punt someday. If he looks through this thread and see's semibluffs, eddie durkins, leearama name popping up constantly then he will know he can make a bet with them without worrying. You dont have to post how much it was, just that it went through.
        nobody (with a functioning brain in their head) is going to take the other side of a bet with someone who has no history in this community

you've got to earn a reputation

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          nobody (with a functioning brain in their head) is going to take the other side of a bet with someone who has no history in this community

you've got to earn a reputation
          Just tell me who you are

Comment

Just tell me who you are
            Sports Editor for Rolling Stone magazine, roving commission

Comment

I'm only going to make a bet with somebody I am familar with.

There isn't a snowball's hope that I'd accept a bet of a new poster (with escrow) based on the fact that he trusts me from this list. I don't trust him.

It was just an idea so if it doesn't work then fine. Personally i liked it when it was just one big thread at the start and you could read a load of thoughts about all sports in the one thread

Comment

Had a bit of bother getting decent amount of cash online this last couple of days.

Money now shipped to lee_arama on stars for 2 bets from the wkend.

Comment

A welsher thread would be good.
                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                    A welsher thread would be good.

Yeah but time frames would need to be worked out for that. I'm stuck in the wilds of Shannonside right now so difficulty funding my accounts barring periodic trips to the big shmoke.

But back in Cork 2moro so can actually put real actual money in my accounts again. I won't know myself.
                    Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

I agree, give a little but when it gets over a week and a guy has logged on here a couple of times and hasn't even bothered to contact you then put it up here. I think thats more than fair.

And if he comes back and does pay up, you can always make a post saying he did eventually pay up.
                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Me Da is Welsh bet ya he be good on here!
                        http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

So far ive recived stakes from big_iain and jaysoose,

i finished second in the bruce bounty and shipped big_iains share back to him

I have borrowed 1 euro from Whyno

shipped his 1 euro back today
                          Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

id be interested with placing bets with yourselfs, id ship prior to the football/ sporting event started

Comment

Working...
                            X