Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This hand contains graphic images from the outset - viewer deiscretion is advised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This hand contains graphic images from the outset - viewer deiscretion is advised

Pub tourney.
    10 handed.
    Hero stack: 20k
    Villian stack: 18k
    Avg stack: 9k

History: Villian is a weak ass IMO. He consistently c-bet folds to raises on the turn or river. I've bluffed him off several pots. He minraises with all sorts of sh1te OOP and IP. I've been playing pretty ABC, if I have a hand I'm raising/3-betting. IMO No-one at the table knows that I'm prone to raising light IP.

Hero on the BTN.
    Villian on the BB.

Blinds 200/400
    Folded to hero with 9Tclubs. Hero raises to 1000. SB folds. BB raises to 2000. BB calls.

Flop: Ac 8c Qd.

BB bets 2000. Hero calls. - Opinions here? should I have raised / shoved?

Turn: 3h

BB checks. Hero: ?????????

If you raise flop you should jam rather than raise any other amount.

I think I jam flop. Flatting has its merits, but I just way prefer jamming this hand.

I think I'm just checking this back now though for the free card. I think betting here would not be good. If checked to again I might just jam the lot in if its any way scary. If not, check it back again.
    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I am torn here I think. Like I think jamming flop is fine if villain calls with Ax we generally have easily enough equity that we are ok and he folds everything that isn't Ax or sets. So against this particular villains range jamming is always going to show a profit.

That said I am interested in Tommys reasoning for suggesting that betting the turn is bad. If villains range is so wide but he folds a ton of it that isn't Ax on the turn surely the argument for floating the flop is to bet the turn? Once he checks the turn on this textured board doesn't that increase the chances he doesn't have Ax and so increase our FE despite the fact our equity has decreased on a blank?
      Last edited by scouser in dub; 04-02-10, 10:05.

Comment

Sick brag about having more than 8bbs in a pub tourney.

I like the shoving the flop option aswel espicially if youve seen him bet/fold on flops before.

Comment

given villians earlier play
          shipp it on the flop

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
            given villians earlier play
            shipp it on the flop

I'm stealing this image for my own nefarious purposes.
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Flop jam is cool here

Comment

Yup, definitely jamming here. I don't think calling is terrible, but shoving is way better given the description.

Comment

THE FLOP

Comment

I call on the flop in pub tournament - villian minraised and led flop AQX flop - I'd expect to be called plenty if I jam. See a relatively cheap turn and expect to get paid if you hit - that would be the merit in calling.

Check behind on the turn and see the free one.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                      THE FLOP
                      mmmmmmm apricot

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Jam flop, flat is ok, jam better

as played, take free river

Comment

Working...
                        X