Good Fold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Fold?

PokerStars Hand #114079115093: Tournament #884079827, $15.00+$1.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (125/250) - 2014/03/30 23:29:30 WET [2014/03/30 18:29:30 ET]
    Table '884079827 173' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
    Seat 1: dawid8702 (5103 in chips)
    Seat 3: ibeatyou7894 (7293 in chips)
    Seat 4: sedemosem (4725 in chips)
    Seat 5: darko1509 (10724 in chips)
    Seat 6: quenguita (11030 in chips)
    Seat 7: johnny221133 (12469 in chips)
    Seat 8: M0RGAN.cz (2125 in chips)
    Seat 9: d-diz (2426 in chips)
    dawid8702: posts the ante 30
    ibeatyou7894: posts the ante 30
    sedemosem: posts the ante 30
    darko1509: posts the ante 30
    quenguita: posts the ante 30
    johnny221133: posts the ante 30
    M0RGAN.cz: posts the ante 30
    d-diz: posts the ante 30
    darko1509: posts small blind 125
    quenguita: posts big blind 250
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to ibeatyou7894 [Qh Kh]
    johnny221133: folds
    M0RGAN.cz: folds
    d-diz: folds
    dawid8702: raises 250 to 500
    ibeatyou7894: calls 500
    sedemosem: folds
    darko1509: folds
    quenguita: calls 250
    *** FLOP *** [6h Qs 6s]
    quenguita: checks
    dawid8702: bets 615
    ibeatyou7894: calls 615
    quenguita: raises 9885 to 10500 and is all-in
    dawid8702: folds
    ibeatyou7894: folds
    Uncalled bet (9885) returned to quenguita
    quenguita collected 3710 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 3710 | Rake 0
    Board [6h Qs 6s]
    Seat 1: dawid8702 folded on the Flop
    Seat 3: ibeatyou7894 folded on the Flop
    Seat 4: sedemosem (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: darko1509 (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 6: quenguita (big blind) collected (3710)
    Seat 7: johnny221133 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: M0RGAN.cz folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: d-diz folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Thoughts on this hand? Have no info on villain. Thanks.

why did you flat the flop?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
      Feel like I'm not really getting value from much worse hands if I raise I don't keep bluffs in the preflop opener's range or hands like jj/10/99s which may pay off a river value bet should turn go check check(obv none of this was possible cus the bb shoved). Don't ever see the preflop opener having a worse queen also.

I know you could argue raising for hand protection but just feel a raise gets rid of alot of hands that we are doing well against and gets called by hands crushing us and some flush draws. And if I raise flop as you seem to be advocating, bb may still be capable of shoving with a flush draw,repping trips.

Why do you think I should raise flop in your opinion?

And anyways, as played do you call the shove?

Comment

I didnt say you should raise the flop, I just wanted to hear your thinking on why you just flatted. What was your plan if the BB check raised All in? What was the plan if the BB just called. What was your plan if a spade/Ace or king came on the turn?

FWIW, I'm folding to the CRAI

Comment

flatting flop is fine its the best option control the pot and not fold out anything you beat, as played id need reads on the BB its kinda hard to see him doing this with 6x, but there's always the possibility of it im not ruling that out. i think his range is way more weighted towards random flushdraws and Qx hands and then the odd chance of 6x. id need reads to call but wouldnt completely say it out of the question but need more info on BB obv.

Comment

Not sure what else he would do?

Need more info on bb but could certainly see a case for calling here.

Comment

I didnt say you should raise the flop, I just wanted to hear your thinking on why you just flatted. What was your plan if the BB check raised All in? What was the plan if the BB just called. What was your plan if a spade/Ace or king came on the turn?

FWIW, I'm folding to the CRAI
              Well a massive % of the time the bb will just fold flop on that kind of board with a bet and a call in front of him. Given stack sizes obv didn't anticipate a shove, if the BB called I would probably be check/folding to a bet if a spade hit turn/river and proceeding cautiously throughout hand. If BB folds it's a simple hand to play, call turn + river provided ace doesn't hit. If a king turns I can prob value raise river.

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
              flatting flop is fine its the best option control the pot and not fold out anything you beat, as played id need reads on the BB its kinda hard to see him doing this with 6x, but there's always the possibility of it im not ruling that out. i think his range is way more weighted towards random flushdraws and Qx hands and then the odd chance of 6x. id need reads to call but wouldnt completely say it out of the question but need more info on BB obv.

Unfortunately player on bb just got moved to my table so no stats or anything :/. Probably slightly leaning towards a call in retrospective, very marginally tho.
              If it's worth anything pretty sure he was from some south american country if that weights his range more to 6x's
              Last edited by EVinfiinity; 31-03-14, 02:43. Reason: typo

Comment

all fine, calling readless, would expect a tonne of FDs, some Qx, 6x prob tries to induce a decent amount and less combos obv
                "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
                X