Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Royal Bajan should be half his current price(12's) in the 3.50 Southwell tomorrow. The fav Even Stevens is extremely solid and fairly prolific over C&D but will have to at or very close to his best as handicapper is giving him little room for error. Both Royal Bajans runs have been very good at the track, clocking a fast time winning over C&D in November beating six wives(whose 7's for tomorrow's race) by 4.5 lengths and then finishing 2nd to Aubretia lto here, a horse who was on such an unexposed mark it was silly. Royal bajan again finished 2 lengths ahead of six wives in that race. His trainer has been on fire this season on the all weather particularly at this venue, and Graham lee has been the go to jock for his best hopes. Be very surprised if he wasn't in the shake up.
    Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
    some decent racing in fairyhouse today,mc coy has just the two bookings today with Nadiya De La Vega in the 505 for nicky hendersons only runner here,priced at 3/1 could very well win,his other booking is on Formidableopponent in the grade b handicap hurdle which is off at 4.35 and priced up @ 20/1,and trained by neol meade,lightly raced and has two wins at navan (nhf & maiden hurdle)last two runs were around leopardstown including 4th in a grade 1 novice hurdle,might be better suited to fairyhouse and at the odds of 20/1 worth a score e/w for me with 4 places being paid in the very competitive race.

A P O'Brien has just the one going here with Draco in the bumper (4.35),3rd first time out but the breeding looks well,trainer bought this horse in but will have to improve to turn the tables with Waxies Dargle (whos best price @ 11/8),Draco is 7/1 from 8s this morning,would prefer a more experienced jockey,still give it a score e/w given the horse will be well tuned up for this and the connections.
    good luck all.
    Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
    moment in the sun 2.00 kempton nap
    euro each yankee pays just over 12k on powers for the sake of 22 squid,sur why not
    SPOILER
    shoot first aim,later baby
    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Mark Howard Aintree Festival, again may interest a few

Comment

blindly following work colleague who knows his stuff (or so he thinks) mad brian fairyhouse 4:35
        airport, lol

Comment

Favourite out of the 15:50 and Royal Bajan now 7/2.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
              Favourite out of the 15:50 and Royal Bajan now 7/2.
              How will that effect a bet @12/1 last night? 10c in the € or more?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                thought he was gonna swoop a furlong out ul ran well

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                How will that effect a bet @12/1 last night? 10c in the € or more?
                Rule 4 Deductions
                3/10 or shorter = 75p in the £
                2/5 to 1/3 = 70p in the £
                8/15 to 4/9 = 65p in the £
                4/5 to 4/6 = 55p in the £
                20/21 to 5/6 = 50p in the £
                Evens to 6/5 = 45p in the £
                5/4 to 6/4 = 40p in the £
                13/8 to 7/4 = 35p in the £
                15/8 to 9/4 = 30p in the £
                5/2 to 3/1 = 25p in the £
                10/3 to 4/1 = 20p in the £
                9/2 to 11/2 = 15p in the £
                6/1 to 9/1 = 10p in the £
                10/1 to 14/1 = 5p in the £
                Over 14/1 = No Deductions

Comment

I fucking despise Jamie fucking Spencer

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                    I fucking despise Jamie fucking Spencer
                    Mister Green in the 16.30 at Kempton

Honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
                      Mister Green in the 16.30 at Kempton

Honestly.
                      Did you see the ride he gave Icebuster in the last?

Comment

his other booking is on Formidableopponent in the grade b handicap hurdle which is off at 4.35 and priced up @ 20/1,and trained by neol meade,lightly raced and has two wins at navan (nhf & maiden hurdle)last two runs were around leopardstown including 4th in a grade 1 novice hurdle,might be better suited to fairyhouse and at the odds of 20/1 worth a score e/w for me with 4 places being paid in the very competitive race.

How am I meant to feed my kids now?

Comment

chancol........in d nxt in fairyhouse

Comment

some decent racing in fairyhouse today,mc coy has just the two bookings today with Nadiya De La Vega in the 505 for nicky hendersons only runner here,priced at 3/1 could very well win,his other booking is on Formidableopponent in the grade b handicap hurdle which is off at 4.35 and priced up @ 20/1,and trained by neol meade,lightly raced and has two wins at navan (nhf & maiden hurdle)last two runs were around leopardstown including 4th in a grade 1 novice hurdle,might be better suited to fairyhouse and at the odds of 20/1 worth a score e/w for me with 4 places being paid in the very competitive race.

A P O'Brien has just the one going here with Draco in the bumper (4.35),3rd first time out but the breeding looks well,trainer bought this horse in but will have to improve to turn the tables with Waxies Dargle (whos best price @ 11/8),Draco is 7/1 from 8s this morning,would prefer a more experienced jockey,still give it a score e/w given the horse will be well tuned up for this and the connections.
                            good luck all.

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post

How am I meant to feed my kids now?
                            ugggh nothing at all from Formidableopponent,but wont be giving up on the horse just yet,he's much better than that.of course not helped by Nadiya De La Vega hoseing up.just a few things to take out of that race,Enchanted Forest is worth keeping an eye on and young cooper really is the real deal.looking forward to his ride on First Lieutenant tomorrow.
                            anyways another day another dream,NH racing on in downpatrick today,Twin Plan will most likely win the 5.35,managed to nab her at fairyhouse last month @ 12s and has gone on to better things since,reverts back to the big jumps but at 10/11 give her a miss.just going for a fiver each way trixie with Drumgooland in the first @7/1,he won his nhf race at the track last year,and finished a close up 4th,3rd that day has gone on to win since and is also McKennas only ride today,should give a good account.plenty of word around for Mister Philson in the 5.05 and was well backed already and is best priced @ 7/1 at this stage,trained by stuart Crawford and has condon booked.in dundalk tonight going with Billyford @ 8/1(drawn 2) in the 7.50,second in this last year and is off just 2 lbs more this time(last years winner Banna Boirche is off 5 lbs more @ 7/2,drawn 8)the draw here seems to point towards a low numbers and with manning booked for just two rides this evening(has a great chance with Star Power in the 8.20),plenty of dangers but give it a whirl at the odds.
                            fiver each way trixie with a return of € 4113.75 if they all happen to turn up for my 40 nobs invested.good luck all.
                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

first day of the aintree meeting today,going with Flaxen Flare @ 4/1 in the Juvenile,Oscar Whisky @ 7/1 in the aintree hurdle & Pires @ 8/1 in the grade 3 hcp chase,usual fiver each way trixie pays € 2700 odd if they all happen to turn up.good luck all
                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Think I have to back something ew in the betfair bowl. 8 runner race with a less than rock solid odds on fav. Am I mad considering Wayward prince?
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Think I have to back something ew in the betfair bowl. 8 runner race with a less than rock solid odds on fav. Am I mad considering Wayward prince?
                                  excluding Silviniaco Conti,three other horses have won over 3 miles,Cape Tribulation,Quito De La Roque & Wayward Prince.suppose would depend on how Silviniaco Conti reacts to his first ever fall at cheltenham.worse bets out there at the odds.
                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

re the grand national a sky news report broadcast on the 26th feb,changes to the fences & landing ground this year.

Colbert Station @ 16s for jp fits most of the trends.
                                    ahh good man tony

Tony McCoy has decided to ride the Ted Walsh-trained Colbert Station in Saturday's John Smith's Grand National at Aintree.
                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Not original but my picks for an afternoon in front of C4. Permed all the way up.

2.00 - Irish Saint
                                      2.30 - Silviniaco Conti
                                      3.05 - Grandouet
                                      3.40 - Gwanako
                                      4.15 - Silver Roque

Make me rich please

Comment

Just in case it wasn't mentioned Channing has done for today and is doing for the weekend full day writes ups for the Aintree Meeting on his site.

Opr

Comment

These are my Aintree bets today

I think Silviniaco Conti is a worthy contender but at 1,91 its a lay for me. There are two other horses in the race that
                                          that look in great form to win this and great value - Quito De La Roque & Wayward Prince. The former is my pick.

I have been trying to find reasons to lay captain conan but I cant find them and its a weak race. He is value for me at 2,63

I love the profile of Easter Day in the last race. Its not often you get 15,5 on a ruby walsh/nicholls combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                            Just in case it wasn't mentioned Channing has done for today and is doing for the weekend full day writes ups for the Aintree Meeting on his site.

Opr
                                            On all of these. Tips are as follows:

R1 - Lunique
                                            R2 - Cape Tribulation
                                            R3 - Countrywide Flame & Raya Star
                                            R4 - Silverburn
                                            R5 - Silver Roque

Comment

Flaxen Flare
                                              Wayward prince ew
                                              The New One
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Channing you legend!

Opr

Comment

Ruby didn't exactly attack the last there on SC

I know his jumping had been iffy but still

Comment

I have a share in a runner in the bumper in Thurles this evening, Stoney. We really like him and he has been working well. Today was always the plan, he had a couple of prep runs over hurdles and started fave for a bumper when we didn't back him. Hopefully he can give us a decent run, obviously hard to know what he's up against but Dessie told us today he expects him to win.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                      I have a share in a runner in the bumper in Thurles this evening, Stoney. We really like him and he has been working well. Today was always the plan, he had a couple of prep runs over hurdles and started fave for a bumper when we didn't back him. Hopefully he can give us a decent run, obviously hard to know what he's up against but Dessie told us today he expects him to win.

Lol, I might have to do the forecast!! A local hotelier known to me owns Golden rascal in the same race, and they are fully expecting to bring home the bacon. Shame there are so many horses trying!!!! GL

Comment

Nice run, just unlucky to come up against what looks an above average newcomer, shouldn't have to wait too long for a win with your fella.
                                                        Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Flemenstar w/o SS at 6/4 will make or break my Aintree, such a huge fan of the horse over this trip, such a classy traveler, races don't come much better.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

hahahahahah sorry wrong thread!!!

fuck sake what am I like. Percy delete that quote will ya
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

A bit disappointed but I'd say we ran into a live one. Ours should be good enough to win a bumper, prob over a more galloping track next time. Winner was very impressive.

Flemenstar w/o SS at 6/4 will make or break my Aintree, such a huge fan of the horse over this trip, such a classy traveler, races don't come much better.
                                                              Personally think Cue Card is probably the most underrated horse in training. Really like Flemenstar but I think the prices are wrong, Cue Card has the form in the book and will be ideally suited by the conditions. Backing him e/w fairly big, I think he'll actually give the favourite a bit of bother.

Comment

A bit disappointed but I'd say we ran into a live one. Ours should be good enough to win a bumper, prob over a more galloping track next time. Winner was very impressive.
                                                                Ooops! missed this thread yesterday or I would have tried to dampen your enthusiasm a little. They think very highly of that horse.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

seems peter fahey thinks he has,in his words "a very, very, very good horse" and is going for the champion bumper at punchestown.if he's right then plenty of good days ahead for ye with stoney on that evidence,just ran into a very good one indeed,best of luck.

The Peter Fahey trained Nathans Pride (5/2 into 7/4 favourite on track) made an impressive debut in the bumper at Thurles this evening, the Littleton INH Flat Race.
                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Tennessee Wildcat is disturbingly overpriced at Dundalk tonight at 13/2..
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

taking 2 against the field in the Topham Chase in aintree 3.40,this race is run over the grand national fences over a shorter distance,should be 30 runners but has one non runner so far with most firms paying 5 at a quarter the odds each way.gone for the nicholls trained theres no panic @ 16/1 with wooobie on board who scored best out of the middle priced runners & the Williams trained Renard with sam thomas the jock, who scored best from the outsiders @ 40/1(60/1 on the machine)both for a small each way nibble

as always the fiver trixie with Scargill in the Leicester 2.20 @ 3/1,At Fishers Cross aintree 4.15 @ 5/4 & Poly Pomona @ 9/2 9.20 dundalk(looks a good each way bet btw),pays €460 odd for the score.good luck all.
                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

6/4 available with paddys & bet365 on At Fishers Cross. (rub money titties)

Tracker

ZEFTAN (Dundalk 20.50) - only beaten a neck last time..think the drop in trip will actually suit..hot race and 11/4 available at the moment. Currently looking for 7/2 ..hopefully somebody nice obliges or get a better price later
                                                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                          6/4 available with paddys & bet365 on At Fishers Cross. (rub money titties)

Tracker

ZEFTAN (Dundalk 20.50) - only beaten a neck last time..think the drop in trip will actually suit..hot race and 11/4 available at the moment. Currently looking for 7/2 ..hopefully somebody nice obliges or get a better price later
                                                                          Westlife tipping this up on FB I'm afraid - kiss of death

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                            Westlife tipping this up on FB I'm afraid - kiss of death
                                                                            Very strong word for this......... But your right.... It's f.....!
                                                                            D15 CASINO, Mulhuddart Village (opp Blanchardstown shopping centre)

Comment

says on market movers it was 25/1 into 5/2 now...dat hardly rite????

Comment

Robbie Power stood down after failing breath test at Aintree!

Comment

[QUOTE=westlife;691859]Very strong word for this......... But your right.... It's f.....![/QUOTE
                                                                                  Baker rides again,u would stop a fuckin steam train lol.
                                                                                  location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

[QUOTE=kaiser soze;691975]
                                                                                    Originally posted by westlife View Post
                                                                                    Very strong word for this......... But your right.... It's f.....![/QUOTE
                                                                                    Baker rides again,u would stop a fuckin steam train lol.
                                                                                    Berry horrendous!!
                                                                                    D15 CASINO, Mulhuddart Village (opp Blanchardstown shopping centre)

Comment

Wouldn't be overly critical of Berry, track is super tight, you hear about 20 different hard luck stories from Dundalk every racenight.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Wouldn't be overly critical of Berry, track is super tight, you hear about 20 different hard luck stories from Dundalk every racenight.
                                                                                        Didn't get the gap, then had no space on the outside. If you make a decision in a race and your on the horse travelling the best and it doesn't work out, I'd say your a jockey is open to criticism. Berry is around long enough to know Dundalk is tight and should have ridden accordingly i.e he should have been more patient or had the horse in a better position

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                          Didn't get the gap, then had no space on the outside. If you make a decision in a race and your on the horse travelling the best and it doesn't work out, I'd say your a jockey is open to criticism. Berry is around long enough to know Dundalk is tight and should have ridden accordingly i.e he should have been more patient or had the horse in a better position
                                                                                          It's easy in hindsight isn't it. There's quite a luck element to it on these tight tracks, a split second decision must be made to find space and its completely out of a riders control what happens in front of him, it's not as lolbasic as he finds space= great ride, he run into traffic = shit ride. The best horses often don't win at Dundalk moreso than at less tight tracks, it has to be somewhat factored in when pricing, not that I necessarily think he was the best horse in the race, Romantic wins going away, obv Zeftans momentum was stalled somewhat but it was no foregone conclusion.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Where's that poker fella with the horse racing tips?

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                                                              Where's that poker fella with the horse racing tips?
                                                                                              Neil Channing? - http://www.bettingemporium.com/ (You need to register which is free to view the tips)

He had an awesome start to proceedings with a 10-1 winner in the first race yesterday but hasn't had much luck since.

Opr

Comment

You know it's time to give up on your paddy power account when they won't stand a tenner ew on the national.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Backing 3 in the National.
                                                                                                  Join Together 20/1
                                                                                                  Roberto Goldback 22/1
                                                                                                  Across the Bay 40/1

Comment

Anyway I'll be wasting my money on

Chicago Grey 14/1
                                                                                                    Saint Are 50/1
                                                                                                    Auroras Encore 80/1
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

I went with the deeply scientific method of taking the horses i pulled out of the hat in work (seems as valid a method as any) - teaforthree and On his own and one of channings tips - Harry the Viking

Comment

Chicago Grey
                                                                                                        TeaForThree
                                                                                                        On His Own

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                          Neil Channing? - http://www.bettingemporium.com/ (You need to register which is free to view the tips)

He had an awesome start to proceedings with a 10-1 winner in the first race yesterday but hasn't had much luck since.

Opr
                                                                                                          BCB

Comment

Have Chicago Grey at 50/1 ap, hopefully fares a bit better than my other pick Jessie's dream.

Comment

Here are my selections today

Up And Go (if I can get better than 2/1)**
                                                                                                              Alderwood (better than 2/1) ***
                                                                                                              Solwhit (better than 2/1) ***
                                                                                                              Cantlow/opening batsman/duke of lucca/storm survivor dutch bet
                                                                                                              Chicago Grey e/w
                                                                                                              Cry Of Freedom/cockney sparrow/zarzal dutch bet
                                                                                                              Purple Bay e/w

the more * the more confident I am!

Comment

bailey green 2.15 cockney sparrow 5.10 i really like seefood in the 1.45 even doh out of form this year but hopefully the good ground will be be good for him also backing top weight cantlow think he s the classy horse in the race

Comment

Year on year at this stage I'd have my selection but I'm finding this impossible, I think Chicago Grey is the best handicapped horse in the race but his style of racing and the fact he makes the odd jumping error is off putting.
                                                                                                                  I was sweet on Colbert Station but lack of experience over fences is a concern, will have to have a bet on Seabass as I'd love to see Katie win but can he improve enough on last year? Balthazar King will love conditions and lack of a recent run shouldn't be a worry as he has gone well fresh in the past, Cappa bleu and Teaforthree have to make the shortlist but neither convince. Joncol and Forpaddytheplasterer could be lively outsiders.
                                                                                                                  So having said all that I think I have talked myself into backing On His Own! Good luck to all punting on the great race.

Comment

10 EW on his own
                                                                                                                    1 EW mumbles head
                                                                                                                    2 W Ballabriggs
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Good day to be a bookie so far

Comment

Teaforthree please and thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

I have to admit to really liking Colbert Station in the race but the combination of only 5 runs over fences and my inability to cheer it home mean I haven't played it.
                                                                                                                          LOL I was struggling to explain to my Da earlier how I felt about it that sums it up perfectly!

My three against the field are
                                                                                                                          Ballabrigs
                                                                                                                          Roberto Goldbach
                                                                                                                          Always Waining

might have some place pennies on Tarquinius if it gets big enough
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X