Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
    Wouldn't be for me, he's racing off a career high mark and is up against unexposed types, but I'm not gonna have a bet in the race so good luck!
    Yeah true, but I think the price more than accounts for this fact. I just like everything even down to his draw, where he's been most successful in stalls 3+4 and he's clearly taken to this particular AW track which would be a possible negative for the unexposed types in the race because these fibresands can differ greatly from track to track.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Muktasb wins today at 8/1. Tipped him up last time, course not a cent on today.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
        I'm loving the look of Tuscan King in the 15.50 at Wolver. Very good each way chance here at 10/1 IMO. He's been placed in 11/12 AW races including three wins over this course and distance. He's also going off a pound lighter than his previous victory last time out and has won at a good bit heavier than this mark. Very consistant horse.
        Ship!

Held on for 2nd. Winner looked very impressive.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Ship!

N1
          Its entered in the oaks so really shouldve been winning this race if that entry is to be taken up. Needs to improve plenty but the step up in distance helped and she looks very useful
          "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Ship!

Nice one, threw on a 5er. Ty for the tip.
            Last edited by FeetMagic; 22-03-10, 16:22.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
              Nice one, threw on a 5er e/w. Ty for the tip.
              Is this right, seems a bit bad but I'm clueless to horse racing. I bet 2.50 E/W so 5 euro on Tuscan at 9s. He came second. What should my return be?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                Is this right, seems a bit bad but I'm clueless to horse racing. I bet 2.50 E/W so 5 euro on Tuscan at 9s. He came second. What should my return be?
                €7 assuming it was 1/5 of the odds
                Last edited by The Situation; 22-03-10, 16:31.
                Profit before people.

Comment

€7 assuming it was 1/5 of the odds
                  7 it was

Comment

Zeffirelli came up in my tracker, noticed it, ignored it, and he won @ 50/1. FML.

Comment

Just 3 days to go to thy start of the flat season

Had a look through the Kempton card tonight, interested to see how Middle Club goes in the 19.50. Heard an interview recently with Richard Hannon who really rates him to impress this season. He should be far to classy for this field but I can't bring myself to back him at the price he is at the moment on his first outing of the year.

The only bet I have is Turjuman in the 20.20 at 7/2.
                      Last edited by The Situation; 24-03-10, 14:18.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Perhaps Noel could awnser this.

Was in PP today for one race. The 4.40 at Warwick. Put a 50euro bet (Still have the slip) on Marsh Court. Think he was about 11/2 or 6/1. They are called foward and the tape goes down. Marsh court just stands there BUT DOES NOT RACE. Commentator says he was withdrew and then later on says he isin't sure. This goes on and on for about half an hour as there was another horse involved aswell.

Cliff notes - Lady behind counter won't pay money back.

Will i get my money back?? Surely PP/bookies can't screw punters like this.

Comment

the official result is that he refused to race, as he wasn't withdrawn I doubt you will get your money refunded tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post

Was in PP today for one race. The 4.40 at Warwick. Put a 50euro bet (Still have the slip) on Marsh Court. Think he was about 11/2 or 6/1. They are called foward and the tape goes down. Marsh court just stands there BUT DOES NOT RACE. Commentator says he was withdrew and then later on says he isin't sure. This goes on and on for about half an hour as there was another horse involved aswell.

A couple of years ago in Galway in the entire week two horses did this. I had them both backed obv. No money back

Comment

Had a look through the Kempton card tonight, interested to see how Middle Club goes in the 19.50. Heard an interview recently with Richard Hannon who really rates him to impress this season. He should be far to classy for this field but I can't bring myself to back him at the price he is at the moment on his first outing of the year.

wp

Comment

Good night on the horses. Middle club drifted out to 10/11 so I couldn't resist. Nice win on Turjuman, went off at 9/2 as well which was a surprise because I thought he was value at 7/2!
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Was also in a PP shop when this race went off. A guy in it had 50 ew on sparkling montjeu. Horse finished 3rd,he collected 110 as he backed him at 7s. 5 mins later manager behind the counter calls him to the side and tells him there was an error and that the horse was withdrawn at the start and there was only 7 runners which ment he was paid out in error. He gave him the option of giving the money back.This is when the guy consulted me and i told him to ring the PP helpdesk. He was as good as told that it was a system error and not his fault. He idnt have to give back the money if he didnt want to.Therefore he kept the money.
                                  To sumarise the horse was declared withdrawn at the start and you are entitle to your money back.If i was you i'd ring the helpdesk also.

Comment

Anyone know the number for the helpdesk? Will definately follow this up. It's just 50euro but they make enough of me as it is, without me letting them keep extra money im entitled to!

If someone does know the number could they stick it up and ill get it in the morning and give them a ring. Cheers!

Comment

Anyone know the number for the helpdesk? Will definately follow this up. It's just 50euro but they make enough of me as it is, without me letting them keep extra money im entitled to!

If someone does know the number could they stick it up and ill get it in the morning and give them a ring. Cheers!
                                      He was classed as refused to race here http://www.irishracing.com/results/v...1003241640.htm . Which means he was under starters order and part of said race. you wont get money back, read PP's(or any bookmakers) t+c's for confirmation.

Comment

Having a punt on Just Mandy in the first at Kempton this evening. I prefar her over the favourite in the race for a few reasons. The favourite has only had 3 days recovery from his previous run on Monday and hasn't won in the past after such a short break. Just mandy has been there or there abouts in her four AW appearances in races that have produced a high proportion of winners next time out. She's also won at the weight she'll go off tonight. Flatstats also tells me that higher draws produce more winners than lower ones in 5-9 fourlong races in Kempton over a four year sample, this would also give her a slight edge over the fav IMO.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

A few bets for me tonight to pass the time.

7:50 Kempton - Billberry - 2pt e/w @ 6/1
                                          8:20 Kempton - Zuwaar - .5pts win @ 43/1 (BF) & .5pts place @ 8/1
                                          9:20 Kempton - Yakama - 2pts @ 6/1

Comment

I'm loving the look of Tuscan King in the 15.50 at Wolver. Very good each way chance here at 10/1 IMO. He's been placed in 11/12 AW races including three wins over this course and distance. He's also going off a pound lighter than his previous victory last time out and has won at a good bit heavier than this mark. Very consistant horse.
                                            Happened to see he won again today, back in claiming company. http://horses.sportinglife.com/Full_...362654,00.html

1800 238 888. What makes you think you're entitled to it though I don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by Esprit View Post
                                              A few bets for me tonight to pass the time.

7:50 Kempton - Billberry - 2pt e/w @ 6/1
                                              8:20 Kempton - Zuwaar - .5pts win @ 43/1 (BF) & .5pts place @ 8/1
                                              9:20 Kempton - Yakama - 2pts @ 6/1
                                              I agree with you on Bilberry. Looks a good bet.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                I agree with you on Bilberry. Looks a good bet.
                                                Hopefully dude, fingers crossed anyways. I could do with a winner soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Esprit View Post
                                                  Hopefully dude, fingers crossed anyways. I could do with a winner soon.
                                                  Yeah me too. Had a great day's punting yesterday but today has gone bad from the start.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Wow the 9/2 didn't last long on Penitent for the Lincoln on Saturday after the draw this morning. Backed into 3's already, E/W value gone. I was going to wait till after the Spring Mile to see how the track is running but decided to take a gamble on him this morning. Bring on the rain!!!
                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 25-03-10, 19:50.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

I didn't like either of your earlier selections espirit but I do think Yakama looks like a real good thing in the last one.
                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

1800 238 888. What makes you think you're entitled to it though I don't know...
                                                        Why shouldn't i be? Is it really much different than a football match being abandoned? If the horse had even took one step past the start line and then decided it didn't want to race then fair enough but it didn't.

Its the last time i EVER bet in a powers shop. I said to the manager in the boyles shop that im always in and she said she would have made an exception as im a decent customer.

Day light robbery by the bookies imo.
                                                        Last edited by Guest; 25-03-10, 21:39.

Comment

Why shouldn't i be? Is it really much different than a football match being abandoned? If the horse had even took one step past the start line and then decided it didn't want to race then fair enough but it didn't. Day light robbery by the bookies imo.
                                                          Good luck getting Powers to change the rules of racing for you. Ask them for money back on fallers too while your at it.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                            Good luck getting Powers to change the rules of racing for you. Ask them for money back on fallers too while your at it.
                                                            Pretty sure im not just asking on my behalf. The shop i was in was full of angry chinese men so i got out of there asap.

Id have no intension of asking money back for fallers. That would be just retarded. The horse has took part and wasent good enogh/made a mistake.

If a horse doesn't even make an attempt to start the race tho it should be money back.

Comment

Pretty sure im not just asking on my behalf. The shop i was in was full of angry chinese men so i got out of there asap.

Id have no intension of asking money back for fallers. That would be just retarded. The horse has took part and wasent good enogh/made a mistake.

If a horse doesn't even make an attempt to start the race tho it should be money back.
                                                              Thats the chance you take, there was ample time for the trainer to get word to the post to withdraw the horse as he had been acting up. He didn't and the horse line up, same as being in the stalls in a flat race. Its the rules of racing, the only people you should contact about this are those in charge of racing. Paddy Power don't make the rules so going complaining to them is just a waste of time.
                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Its the last time i EVER bet in a powers shop.
                                                                This is a standard rule of racing and would be enforced in any bookies so its not just Powers being tight. The rule is on a list of rules visable in every bookmakers in the country. So bad beat and all but suck it up and forget about it.

Leave the Chinese alone. There a great bunch of people.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                  I didn't like either of your earlier selections espirit but I do think Yakama looks like a real good thing in the last one.
                                                                  Was just chancing my arm with Zuwaar, Thought the other two had fair chances but as usual i was wrong!

Comment

When someone says "it isn't the money, its the principle of the thing", its the money

Unlucky Eddie, its sick when it happens alright but as someone said most bookies would not refund the bet. I think you are shooting yourself in the foot saying you will never bet with Powers again. They are the best value around and some of their specials (ie Dunquib) are incredible.

Comment

Its the last time i EVER bet in a powers shop. I said to the manager in the boyles shop that im always in and she said she would have made an exception as im a decent customer.

Day light robbery by the bookies imo.
                                                                      I wouldn't be too happy if a bookie called me a decent customer btw.

Comment

Doncaster 3.10

Firstly, Penitent looks like the real deal in this one, but Mia's Boy is worth a small each way bet. Great record on this ground.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                          Doncaster 3.10

but Mia's Boy is worth a small each way bet. Great record on this ground.
                                                                          He's in with a great shout if race history is anything to go by. Low draws, heavier weights and previous distance winners have all gone really well traditionally, but they did change the track recently so that could all be irrelevant. You'll know a lot more about his faith after the first race.

Hoping Californian Flag can get me off to a good start in the next at Meyday. If he achieves anything like the speed he did in the group 1 race in Hong Kong he'll be hard to catch.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                            I lost a chunk of change on Pentinent last year when I broke one of my rules and backed him with Michael Hills on board. I wouldnt touch him at 3/1 in that race today.
                                                                            He does look very short at 3's but I think you can do worse than blindly follow Johnny Murtagh in group races.

Group races runs: 416. Wins 83(20%). A/E 1.25. ROI 38.8%

Pretty impressive stats, glad I got the 9/2 about him on Thursday for the Lincoln..
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                              im sorry but this is bullshit on a number of levels. not least of all that the lincoln is a handicap
                                                                              LOL that really was retarded. I should not be posting this hungover!
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

presvis in UAE -
                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

wp you french frog

in-excusable from christophe. best horse in race by long way
                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Going for a each way shot on pan river here. He's taken to the course well in his last two races!
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Gitano Hernando is a nap bet for me.

Comment

That race was a fucking disgrace. Kieran Fallon gave Gitano a horrible ride leaving him no chance. And its not only him that gave his horse a disgraceful ride.

Comment

whats the result?
                                                                                          I was on Gloria and didn't get to lay off, see it traded at 1.15
                                                                                          I think that its yet another FML moment this week
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            whats the result?
                                                                                            I was on Gloria and didn't get to lay off, see it traded at 1.15
                                                                                            I think that its yet another FML moment this week
                                                                                            Gloria won it.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                              Gloria won it.
                                                                                              Cool, The Jockey on the second looks like some gobshyte now for celebrating the win , wasn't really his fault the guy in the middle told him he'd won but he was only looking at his right.
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Id just like to make a public announcement that Paul Hanagan is my hero.

Thank you Paul.

That is all.
                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 27-03-10, 20:19.

Comment

Lol just had a match bet in a race in Downpatrick between 2 of the co-favourites. They were 11th and 13th out of 14. Most satisfactory way to scoop I think!
                                                                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                                    Lol just had a match bet in a race in Downpatrick between 2 of the co-favourites. They were 11th and 13th out of 14. Most satisfactory way to scoop I think!
                                                                                                    Its great to scoop but fuk me head wrecking trying to figure out which was in front or behind or still going when the camera is only worried bout the leaders.I think the cameraman shoul show more consideration for us who place match bets

Comment

TY to hanagan yet again today.

Denis Oregan's preformaces where shocking tho.

Comment

Made quite alot this past 2 days from Paul Hanagan. Decide not to bet his 2 or 3 rides today and he romps home on a 20/1 shot. Granted it wasn't from the Fahey yard but still. Pretty gutted.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Lucky Punt's reappearance at Southwell today. The horse is a beast around this track winning 5/6 races and nearly breaking the course record on one of those outings. Slight step up in class today but he'll be still hard to catch if he goes like he can around here. Already nibbled at in the market from 3/1 so I'd advise people to take the 5/2 on hills as Hugh Taylor has him NAP'd so it's sure to shorten more!
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Aftertimer here but I had a nice bet on Manxman. Johnson's stable on fire and he is well known to look for a big jockey when he wants to win with a horse, up steps Frankie Dettori, I predicted that this meant the horse would try to make all from the front and he duly did and obliged.

So why do I put this up you ask?

Well same comination have the fav in the next, best form in the field and a horse that has been ridden prominently in his two runs to date. Get on!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Lucky Punt's reappearance at Southwell today. The horse is a beast around this track winning 5/6 races and nearly breaking the course record on one of those outings. Slight step up in class today but he'll be still hard to catch if he goes like he can around here. Already nibbled at in the market from 3/1 so I'd advise people to take the 5/2 on hills as Hugh Taylor has him NAP'd so it's sure to shorten more!
                                                                                                              Unlucky. The leader was cruising the whole way tbh. Had a bet on Lucky punt myself.

On other news Paul Hanaga is in such good form. Think ive mentioned that once or twice

Comment

My uncle has a share in a horse called Ilie Natase, he is expecting a huge each way run @ 16.5 on the machine currently.

EDIT: should have mentioned its the lucky last at Kempton tomorrow.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Aya14; 02-04-10, 04:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                                                  My uncle has a share in a horse called Ilie Natase, he is expecting a huge each way run @ 16.5 on the machine currently.

EDIT: should have mentioned its the lucky last at Kempton tomorrow.
                                                                                                                  Yeah looks like a decent EW shout although I might wait to morning prices because he's 13's now...
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

I hear Fenton likes his chances in the bumper today with one of the O'Leary horses.

Comment

Any opinions on the Irish GN? Was on Moskova earlier in the week but laid most of it off after seeing how much of a slog it took to get around the track yesterday, don't think he can make the distance. Telenor is standing out now for me now but possibly a little short in the market to get on.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

I hear Fenton likes his chances in the bumper today with one of the O'Leary horses.
                                                                                                                        On at 5s, SP was 7/4. Good day.

Comment

On at 5s, SP was 7/4. Good day.
                                                                                                                          Only got involved @ 7/4 myself.Looke like a race being ran in slow motion. Winner winner though

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X