Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which colour on the map are the People's front of Judea ?
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
      I'm a huge fan of his. Keane I think I told you before about the time I met him in 2014 and he was in the piss. Still stopped and had a chat. No BS just a pure normal lad and ever since I love to see him do well. It also helps that you're guaranteed a few points off him. It's a mix of bad timing with all the talent there now and his injuries that meant he hasn't got as much game time. Still has that medal tho.

And yeah I agree about Moran. Found myself shaking my head too many times yesterday. And if someone like me can spot it, it must be blatantly obvious. He just seemed to be trying to hard for some resson.
      He spent the winter hearing about how Fenton, in his first AI Final, took him to school. Fenton then lords it over him in the National League final too. I'd say Moran was stabbing voodoo dolls of Fenton since April at least!

A few people saying Moran got the better of Fenton this time but I disagree. Fenton doesn't make bad choices. He covers HUGE ground to help his team mates and is excellent in his use of possession. Fenton is 5 years younger than Moran and looks the more consistent performer. I think any issue Moran has is in his self-belief and application. He does try too hard. Him and Fenton are the prototype midfielders now, albeit Fenton's athleticism sets him apart from the rest.

The handpass to BJ that went straight out over the sideline is a great example of the difference between the two players. Fenton either steps back inside there or he just bursts forward himself, either getting free himself or committing the player before releasing to the free man.

I also think Donnacha Walsh deserved a lot more praise than he got from yesterday. He has an unbelievable work ethic and is just so important to Kerry. Was a pity we didn't see JOD more as well (not from a Dublin perspective obviously).
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Hunts definitely trying to push a bit of than agenda in a sort of passive aggressive manner there, even the picture he choose makes Keane look like a bit of a cold calculated loner that you'd associate more with his Corkonian namesake.

Bad timing for the retirement game though, Wednesday should be about preparing for next weeks World Cup qualifier, not a farewell party for Robbie.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Family of 5 found dead in their house in Cavan. Think it was a murder suicide.

I'd rather read that Hunt thing than some nondescript platitudes. Get's a bit funny the slating and then the, but that's grand isn't it?
          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-08-16, 15:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Yeah? Okay, thats very different to Ireland so. Fairly certain the employer part is lost if you choose to cash in early (e.g. before the two year deadline)
            Depends on the rules of the scheme. Not the case at all on a prsa. Also if your employer has a petty rule like this in your pension scheme if you transfer in benefits from another pension scheme the service transfers also and you will therefore meet the 2 year service rule. May have done this recently myself to great effect!

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            Yeah, very different here. It's essentially a cost of doing business for employeers. No cash out deadline either. You can cash out if you permanently leave Australia. Has to be -EV though.
            Because I'll always have the option to return (if I left) I can't cash out. I'm in for the long play.
            This is as it should be. The salary, plus pension contribution, plus insurance costs plus contributions to state benefits along with bonuses etc are the cost of employing someone. This cuts both ways for the employer and the employee imo. Employees certainly shouldn't just compare salaries and employers shouldn't be looking to clawback pension contributions imo.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                I think Hunt comes off well in that piece. It is honest and he isn't trying to score any cheap shots.
                Too many ex pros and commentators are too worried about upsetting people that the articles they write are typically dull and bland nonsense. I actually thought it was a small bit of insight into the workings and pecking order of professional football. Plus we all know Robbie was a greedy player on the pitch - so why not say it?
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

lol latest research grant gives me a 13 week contract. Will be treating that as a paid holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    It was a ridiculously petty article.
                    I thought it was a refreshingly honest piece.

Comment

oh i hate the way they cover these things. Referring to it as a 'murder-suicide', as if adding the hypen between murder and suicide somehow makes it less evil than four ordinary murders, including that of three kids.

They did that with that guy in Kerry married to an American woman. The guy pushed his young daughter off a cliff and then jumped himself. The coverage was all about it being a tragedy and not about what type of evil bastard pushes a little girl to her death off a cliff.

If I remember correctly (and it was a while ago), the local inbred community then came out to protest that the American woman had inherited this local hero's farm.
                      I'd imagine in most cases that mental illness was the main contributor rather than someone being 'evil'.

Comment

oh i hate the way they cover these things. Referring to it as a 'murder-suicide', as if adding the hypen between murder and suicide somehow makes it less evil than four ordinary murders, including that of three kids.

They did that with that guy in Kerry married to an American woman. The guy pushed his young daughter off a cliff and then jumped himself. The coverage was all about it being a tragedy and not about what type of evil bastard pushes a little girl to her death off a cliff.

If I remember correctly (and it was a while ago), the local inbred community then came out to protest that the American woman had inherited this local hero's farm.
                        I prefer not to have protagonists described as 'good' or 'evil' unless I'm reading a fairy tale or a sports report maybe.
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

I don't think I have seen Mississippi Grind mentioned on here? Road movie about two guys heading towards a high stakes poker game playing along the route to gather money for the buy-in. It is certainly a cut above almost anything served up in the gambling genre over the last few years although it is slow and for the most part unrelenting grim.
                            SPOILER
                            I wish they had lost the last roll on craps. It would have been far more in keeping with the film.

Opr

Comment

Comment

I've decided I'm definitely prejudice against fat people. So much so that I genuinely believe a fat acceptance culture will be a major downfall of our society

Comment

Comment

Lol at the criticism of Stephen hunt,refreshing piece piece,tough but fair.
                                    There will be plenty of reacharound slobbering and overuse of the word legend on off the ball if that is what you are after. Most stuff in the media by ex pros is absolute drivel. Would you prefer he was like Mr.Beige Brian o Driscoll?have to switch radio off when he comes on,between him having nothing to say and the fawning from co presenters.
                                    Good on Hunt,could do with more of himand Kenny Cunningham

Comment

Isn't it the case that a huge amount of 'criminals' have mental illness, but it seems to be only a valid public discourse excuse in these murder-suicides.
                                      A lot of terrorists seem to be coming down with mental illness these days too according to the media

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                        I've decided I'm definitely prejudice against fat people. So much so that I genuinely believe a fat acceptance culture will be a major downfall of our society
                                        Where are all these fat people,I never see them. If anything sports participation seems to be going through the roof in young people,though I guess you can't see the ones locked in their room on their Xbox injecting lard

Comment

Leave um alone
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                            Where are all these fat people,I never see them. If anything sports participation seems to be going through the roof in young people,though I guess you can't see the ones locked in their room on their Xbox injecting lard
                                            Most people in hospital are overweight or obese

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                              Lol at the criticism of Stephen hunt,refreshing piece piece,tough but fair.
                                              There will be plenty of reacharound slobbering and overuse of the word legend on off the ball if that is what you are after. Most stuff in the media by ex pros is absolute drivel. Would you prefer he was like Mr.Beige Brian o Driscoll?have to switch radio off when he comes on,between him having nothing to say and the fawning from co presenters.
                                              Good on Hunt,could do with more of himand Kenny Cunningham
                                              Did you actually see him on the panel? He's as brain dead in the studio as he was on the pitch. Sitting there like his ma dressed him.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                Go on it. But go early or you will be waiting over an hour.
                                                Fondly imagined it would be quiet enough on a Monday. Then spent half the day queueing for various rides. Eventually worked out it was a Northern bank holiday by the amount of ill-dressed, morbidly obese, tattooed folk wandering about looking confused.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

He was an atrocious panelist, on Jamie Redknaap simpleton levels.

That goal that he claims his brother Noel scored was proven to have been scored by Robbie. It's clear he's spilt over to drool territory when he's including stuff like that to try strengthen the character assassination.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                    Too many ex pros and commentators are too worried about upsetting people that the articles they write are typically dull and bland nonsense. I actually thought it was a small bit of insight into the workings and pecking order of professional football. Plus we all know Robbie was a greedy player on the pitch - so why not say it?
                                                    I can accept this point definitely, but Hunt makes a balls of it and just comes across as a cunt with a chip on his shoulder.
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Robbie is a legend but he was a whinge bag. Hunt on the other hand is thick as two short planks.

Comment

He wasn't greedy either, he has 43 premier league assists, for context Beckham has 44 and Scholes 45, was never one to shoot from any crazy angle or not make the right pass.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                          Robbie is a legend but he was a whinge bag. Hunt on the other hand is thick as two short planks.
                                                          Remember seeing himself & the brother on Soccer AM or something. Seriously cringey.

Comment

Hunt`s point about robbie pretending to chase down was so spot on

his perceived truth is better than waffle, irrespective if you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                              He wasn't greedy either, he has 43 premier league assists, for context Beckham has 44 and Scholes 45, was never one to shoot from any crazy angle or not make the right pass.
                                                              Just had a look at that list. Even as a United fan always thought the Scholes love was a bit OTT, especially since he retired. Then you see Chris Brunt has as many assists.

Comment

Lampard > Scholes > Gerrard

One day this will be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  He was an atrocious panelist, on Jamie Redknaap simpleton levels.
                                                                  lol Jamie Redknapp. Guy has a Masters in pointing out the obvious

[VINE]iZIHguqJFm5[/VINE]

[VINE]O9YKz5qMxuu[/VINE]

Comment

Lampard > Scholes > Gerrard

One day this will be accepted.
                                                                    Maybe.

Give me Schweinstieger in his prime though.

Comment

Speaking of tattoos, how did something that was previously solely the preserve of sailors and hardcore criminals (obviously the two are not mutually exclusive) become so relatively mainstream? I don't see anyone chopping off their little finger in homage to the yakuza but this particular form of self-mutilation is considered semi-acceptable (not by me obviously but I'm kicking off my grumpy old man stage early. Cheaper than a midlife crisis.)?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        Speaking of tattoos, how did something that was previously solely the preserve of sailors and hardcore criminals (obviously the two are not mutually exclusive) become so relatively mainstream? I don't see anyone chopping off their little finger in homage to the yakuza but this particular form of self-mutilation is considered semi-acceptable (not by me obviously but I'm kicking off my grumpy old man stage early. Cheaper than a midlife crisis.)?
                                                                        You're years too late with this one. It's moved way on from standard tattoos to all kinds of new fad tattoos, body mutilation and transformation.

Comment

Watching University Challenge for the first time, feels like a win if I understand what half the words in the question actually mean.

Comment

Paxman butchering the word tricolour

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                You're years too late with this one. It's moved way on from standard tattoos to all kinds of new fad tattoos, body mutilation and transformation.
                                                                                The WTF element still stands.

Comment

...

Comment

There's no jobs in big words and abstract ideas
                                                                                    Teach art.

Comment

Interestingly, the difficulty of the question probably corresponds to the unlikelihood of the panelist able to answer it eventually being able to work in their degree area.
                                                                                      What?

Comment

Are amazon sound for replacing anything or just the stuff they sell directly such as kindles. Need to get a chrome book.

Comment

Willie wonka RIP

Comment

RIP

Never laughed as much as I did watching Stir Crazy and Hear no evil see no evil with my dad as a child.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                              Watching University Challenge for the first time, feels like a win if I understand what half the words in the question actually mean.
                                                                                              Ah it's all about Only Connect these days...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                I've a whole heap of shite tattoos that mean basically nothing but I like them for some more or less unknown reason.

I think the answer to your question might be wrapped up with a creeping nihilism and a lack of cultural stimulation in the western world/incoherent mish-mashing of various cultures coincident with erosion of religious/cultural norms here, but I'm after a rake of gin.

Comment

Up Kerry also

Comment

tattoos on girls are a good "I'm good at sex" mark. The right ones look great but 99% look terrible to me. I'm nearly the only one in my family to not have one.

They are still discriminated against in Japan, mostly criminals are associated with them

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                    Are amazon sound for replacing anything or just the stuff they sell directly such as kindles. Need to get a chrome book.
                                                                                                    Should be grand, I return lots of non Amazon stuff and the EU /Ireland have you covered with a 2 year warranty+
                                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-08-16, 20:18.

Comment

tattoos make hot girls hotter - particularly if they are in slutty location e.g. lower back

tattoos make unattractive girls exponentially worse

Comment

Enough BBV for me today i think.
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Tattoos prove that humans are only advanced caveman. Gobshites.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                            tattoos on girls are a good "I'm good at sex" mark. The right ones look great but 99% look terrible to me. I'm nearly the only one in my family to not have one.

They are still discriminated against in Japan, mostly criminals are associated with them

Should be grand, I return lots of non Amazon stuff and the EU /Ireland have you covered with a 2 year warranty+
                                                                                                            Tara confirmed subpar at se.x

Comment

Most people in hospital are overweight or obese
                                                                                                              I can confirm been riding fat nurses for 20years. Look at James Reilly a walking stroke. Need more fat shaming people say to someone who's clearly huge you carry it well your big boned etc. Women that look like balloons I'm curvy no you are a fat mess.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                Imagine them trying to remake Rising Damp or Til Death Do Us Part? The 70's wouldn't translate well into today in those examples anyhow.
                                                                                                                You need imagine no more. Simon Day in the Alf Garnett role with an original script (presumably they used one with the least wogs, jews, and queers)
                                                                                                                Alf arrives home to find that a burnt supper is the least of his worries.

Comment

Tattoos prove that humans are only advanced caveman. Gobshites.
                                                                                                                  Be nice

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    You need imagine no more. Simon Day in the Alf Garnett role with an original script (presumably they used one with the least wogs, jews, and queers)
                                                                                                                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07tczcn
                                                                                                                    Jaysus.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                      Be nice
                                                                                                                      Sorry m8. The people who realise they are stupid after aren't that bad.

Comment

Good lols in here tonight. Wp
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

RIP you crazy bastard....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X