Rush 100 PLO Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush 100 PLO Hand

Hi there, I am quite new to PLO 6-Max cash, was playing this on FTP - no reads on Villain as my HUD didn't work (need to fix it for PLO!!!).
    I am particularly interested in the turn play. Do you call or fold Villain push there?

$100.00 USD PL Omaha - Thursday, October 21, 07:56:52 ET 2010
    Table Vroom (6 max) (Real Money)
    Seat 3 is the button
    Seat 1: HERO ( $394.85 USD )
    Seat 2: dajenajet ( $64.20 USD )
    Seat 3: kpak59 ( $174.30 USD )
    Seat 4: Pansyack ( $374.50 USD )
    Seat 5: snelly23 ( $114.90 USD )
    Seat 6: eDgeso ( $101.50 USD )
    Pansyack posts small blind [$0.50 USD].
    snelly23 posts big blind [$1.00 USD].

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to HERO [ Qs Ah Jc 3h ]
    eDgeso raises [$3.50 USD]
    HERO calls [$3.50 USD]
    dajenajet folds
    kpak59 folds
    Pansyack calls [$3.00 USD]
    snelly23 calls [$2.50 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ 3s, Qh, 2h ]
    Pansyack bets [$10.00 USD]
    snelly23 calls [$10.00 USD]
    eDgeso calls [$10.00 USD]
    HERO raises [$64.00 USD]
    Pansyack calls [$54.00 USD]
    snelly23 raises [$101.40 USD]
    eDgeso folds
    HERO calls [$47.40 USD]
    Pansyack calls [$47.40 USD]

** Dealing Turn ** [ 6c ]
    Pansyack bets [$259.60 USD]
    HERO ?????
    "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

snap-fold!
    "Think of what your opponent wants you to do, and then do the opposite"

Comment

Originally posted by PortOfTheYokes View Post
      snap-fold!
      Thank you!!!

I folded, then it turned out that I would have won the big side pot and was pretty frustrated about it!!! Happy to see that I made the correct decision at least...
      "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

fold preflop.
        on the flop I'm 3 betting the raise and calling a shove.
        I'm calling the turn as played, though through gritted teeth and a clenched fist
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I don't play Omaha, but isn't there $360 in the middle by the flop?

Doesn't that mean you are being asked to call $260 to win $620 (2.5:1).

In terms of outs you should have any h (9) any Q (2) and any 3 (2) = 13.

With 8 known cards there are 44 left, so your chance of catching your out is 13:44 = which is a bit worse then 3:1.

So it's a fold on that basis?

Of course, sometimes we are ahead here to his KKxx hand and sometimes he's bluffing thus we do not even need to improve.

I'm leaning toward a mathematical fold, but I'm not sure it's a "snap" fold.
          One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            fold preflop.
            I'm calling the turn as played, though through gritted teeth and a clenched fist
            I wanted to 3/bet shove the flop but it didn't allow me ....I guess the short stack push was an underraise

Comment

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post
              I wanted to 3/bet shove the flop but it didn't allow me ....I guess the short stack push was an underraise
              as played I'm putting him firmly on KhKxxhx type hand or worse
              no way he flats the flop with a set imo and the str8 wrap seems odd from his play at these levels, it's not often the bare straight draw comes along for the ride here.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Will you pm me villains hand? Have just had a twenty minute discussion of this hand, and am trying to improve my hand reading. Between two of us, we can't see past the short stacker having a set of 2s and big stack has to have 45 and maybe hearts too, something like a456 with two hearts.

( leaving myself wide open here, but am way behind in Omaha hand reading - call me a nit if needed!)

Comment

Pre is fine. Ye fold turn as played.

edit: misread hh

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    Will you pm me villains hand? Have just had a twenty minute discussion of this hand, and am trying to improve my hand reading. Between two of us, we can't see past the short stacker having a set of 2s and big stack has to have 45 and maybe hearts too, something like a456 with two hearts.

( leaving myself wide open here, but am way behind in Omaha hand reading - call me a nit if needed!)
                    You got almost 1/2 right

Here you go:

*** TURN *** [3s Qh 2h] [6c]
                    Pansyack bets $259.60, and is all in
                    HERO has 15 seconds left to act
                    HERO has timed out
                    HERO folds
                    Pansyack shows [Ad Qc 5d 2c]
                    snelly23 shows [3d 9d Td 3c]
                    Uncalled bet of $259.60 returned to Pansyack
                    *** RIVER *** [3s Qh 2h 6c] [9c]
                    Pansyack shows two pair, Queens and Twos
                    snelly23 shows three of a kind, Threes
                    snelly23 wins the pot ($355.20) with three of a kind, Threes

Comment

Wow, not sure about his shove at all there so! Has to realise he's up against a nfd with no straightdraws at best but almost certainly vs a set from the 100bbs , and shoving into an empty sidepot with a weak two pair and no redraw!
                      Last edited by Emmet; 22-10-10, 16:19.

Comment

madness.
                        Buddy list the shit outta him

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                          and shoving into an empty sidepot with a weak two pair and no redraw!
                          It's awful play by him and you can't base your play on seeing hands like that turn up. Sick not being able to re-raise flop. That's when you want it in. On the turn you fold to that bet without a house or made flush no matter what card comes I think.
                          Last edited by NuckChorris; 22-10-10, 16:44. Reason: misread

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            fold preflop.
                            Why fold pre flop?

AQJ3 with Nut Hearts is hardly a fold to a single raise.
                            Last edited by LightDrum; 24-10-10, 09:45.

Comment

Working...
                            X