Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Younger kid fell off couch and did a twist mid-air in the very small distance to land on his hands rather than his head. When do we lose those cat-like abilities?!
    Kids ability to move and contort themselves is unbelievable.
    I previously did a lot of standard gym training, bball, gaa etc but from the point of view of having the best quality of life as you get older, they are not the way to go imo, attempting to emulate the movement that a child is able to perform is better.

I would imagine you begin to lose it at school as you're seated for so long for the first time.
    I previously thought, why bother with the active work stations but they really are the way to go.

Comment

Got a phone call from the wife at 5am to go home while being obnoxious in the jackpot.
      Ahhh xmas
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Met ionapaul and his lovely better half this morn at parkrun.

Bloody cold one.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          I used to love rugby, now I don't even know what match you're on about. No idea why I gave up on it.
          Because it’s just Automatons running into each other over and over for 80 minutes
          All the concussion stuff will kill it as a sport mums let their kids play and it will fade to obscurity

Comment

Super strike from Ozil

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              They introduced a third women's division a few months ago. Flyweight (125) right between the existing 115 and 135lbs divisions. They technically have 145 too, but fuck all fighters.

I assume that's what you meant by middle weight and not middleweight (185lbs).
              Yes it is what i ment but in saying that an actual middleweight or higher would be interesting but again a lack of fighters would be the problem. But seen the likes of a Gabi Garcia would surly have a big draw.

Friend of mine fighting around 6pm in South Africa in the EFC, will be live on their Facebook page. Hes a strong favourite but still needs the win for a break in his career as he cant get opponents to fight him. Seriously looking forward to this.

Going out later so will have to record the UFC, hopefully its a good card especially the main event.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                I can't see there being a chance of this happening. Genetics being the main reason. Hideki and KJ Choi ( Ex power lifter) have been exceptions. Noh, Bae , Li have all made strides but there's too much talent coming from around the world.

Possibly a bigger influx for sure but no way they take over.
                If you simply look at Majors, only Yang has broken through. Hideki will surely get there but proteges like Ishikawa just never made it.
                Genetics?? Really how...
                Li is 6ft as is Noh and Bae.
                There work ethic is second to none.
                Biggest problem i see is the two-year military service in South Korea and some of the other countries. Bae has just returned and Noh has just left his his 2 years.
                Current conscription laws states that athletes who win medals in the Olympic Games or gold medals in the Asian Games are granted exemptions from military service and are placed in Grade 4. So they are required to do 4 weeks of basic military training and engage in sports field for 34 months. Hence why Kang will not have to enlist this year.

Look back 11 years in the womens game the initial top ten only 3 Asian players ranked 8 9 and 10. 2017 7 of the 10 are Asian. Alot can happen and progress in 10 years.
                30 of the top 50 are Asian.

Comment

Lol, this is great craic. Cmon the chiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                    There is a certain brutality which is required for the very best teams. Everyone talks about space and skills these days, but it is still a collision sport. Chiefs pushing the offside line with their speed and both teams just smashing each other.

I personally love it.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

phew

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                          There is a certain brutality which is required for the very best teams. Everyone talks about space and skills these days, but it is still a collision sport. Chiefs pushing the offside line with their speed and both teams just smashing each other.

I personally love it.
                          They are brilliant at it. Truly excellent.

It's crazy because so few of their players would get into opposition teams, but they still manage to beat far far better groups of players.

That being said, Henry Slade had some sublime touches today.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                            FFS arranged my day around a 17:30 kock off. Only saw the last ten mins having listened to the rest while going around the poxy supermarket.

Job done in the end It did sound as if a get out of jail card had to be played played.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              FFS arranged my day around a 17:30 kock off. Only saw the last ten mins having listened to the rest while going around the poxy supermarket.

Job done in the end It did sound as if a get out of jail card had to be played played.
                              No luck just balls. Boys became men today.
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                No luck just balls. Boys became men today.
                                Had their heads up their asses for the first 50 minutes. And the ref was 'interesting', young lad learnt some new words.

Dream still alive for Bilbao though.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  Had their heads up their asses for the first 50 minutes. And the ref was 'interesting', young lad learnt some new words.

Dream still alive for Bilbao though.
                                  Losing two out halves and the Chiefs started brilliantly.
                                  I disagree about it taking 50 minutes to get it together. I thought after the 2nd try for them they really dug in against a very good team who didn’t give away much.

Ill discipline and poor reffing on the offside line but I primarily blame the assistants for that.
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Bitcoin or Ireland to win the world cup ? Tenner burning a hole in me pocket here.

Btw if that was munster the big heart shite would be deafening

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                      Yes it is what i ment but in saying that an actual middleweight or higher would be interesting but again a lack of fighters would be the problem. But seen the likes of a Gabi Garcia would surly have a big draw.

Friend of mine fighting around 6pm in South Africa in the EFC, will be live on their Facebook page. Hes a strong favourite but still needs the win for a break in his career as he cant get opponents to fight him. Seriously looking forward to this.

Going out later so will have to record the UFC, hopefully its a good card especially the main event.
                                      Assume this is your mate up now?

Glgl.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                          Assume this is your mate up now?

Glgl.
                                          Yes big pasty white lad, second round tko.

Comment

Pretty bad state of affairs when you've done a bottle of whisky on your lonesome before 19:30. Bargain alert: Gordon's gin was down to €17 in Tesco today.
                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Toulon getting beat is a great result for Leinster and Munster.

Good luck to Munster in Welford Road tomorrow, they'll be looking to make it a somewhat unreal 8/8 for Ireland in Europe over these festive weekends.

Leinster-Munster in the sun in Bilbao?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                Pretty bad state of affairs when you've done a bottle of whisky on your lonesome before 19:30. Bargain alert: Gordon's gin was down to €17 in Tesco today.
                                                Excellent bit of early drinking, did you keep it going or hit the wall?

Tesco also have two one-litre bottles of Smirnoff Red for €40 until close of business tomorrow, quite the discount.

Comment

Early UFC is a nice treat what's reason for that?
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Good luck 5star! You can do this*

* stay up past midnight
                                                    Currently in the process of deciding to have one more before pizza and bed. Heady heights here.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                      late late show jesus

that poor 11 yr old suicide, great parents to go and raise awareness . so so sad such a waste of a beautiful little girl.
                                                      What on earth bis wrong with rte, if you're stuck in on a Friday who wants to watch that sort of heavy stuff. At least Graham Norton has a laugh. Gluttons for punishment watching that
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                        What on earth bis wrong with rte, if you're stuck in on a Friday who wants to watch that sort of heavy stuff. At least Graham Norton has a laugh. Gluttons for punishment watching that
                                                        ..Did you see or hear about Jason Byrne on It???...Literally talked about getting a vasectomy and asked Ryan Turbidy If he shaves his balls...He was out of his fucking bin...Then he ran and jumped on a Christmas tree... Then to make matters worse, they brought out Brendan Grace who looked like he was fucking lost and 3 bottles of vodka deep...

Comment

No no, I wouldn't punish myself like that I deserve better after a week's work
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                            ..Did you see or hear about Jason Byrne on It???...Literally talked about getting a vasectomy and asked Ryan Turbidy If he shaves his balls...He was out of his fucking bin...Then he ran and jumped on a Christmas tree... Then to make matters worse, they brought out Brendan Grace who looked like he was fucking lost and 3 bottles of vodka deep...
                                                            Why would any sane person want to watch any of those people?

Comment

Comment

No no, I wouldn't punish myself like that I deserve better after a week's work
                                                                It was always the USP of the Late Late Show - when tuning in you never really knew whether you were going to get 2 hours of instantly forgettable song&dance with a bit of chat, or some ground-breaking discussion which would scandalise the nation for months.
                                                                Probably doesn't work as a concept anymore when people really want to know in advance how challenged they are going to be by a programme and choose their viewing accordingly.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I need to get a laptop fixed, does anywhere have somewhere in Dublin they would recommend?

Comment

How the fck do you get up on a bike most days of the week?! My quitter attitude has ruined me for drinking as now two glasses of wine would have me wrecked the following day. Think it's called kindling: binge, quit, binge, quit, a few times and your system just says to fuck right off.
                                                                        Ah, I'd only do a full bottle on a Friday or Saturday. Still using alcodroid to record amount of drink taken, and it also gives a surprisingly accurate estimate of what time you'll be sober at.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                          I need to get a laptop fixed, does anywhere have somewhere in Dublin they would recommend?
                                                                          Anything none physical, you can more than likely do yourself. For anything else there's probably someone in your immediate area
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                            Can't imagine Gabi Garcia would ever be a draw. She is terrible at MMA. Beating up geriatric Japanese wrestlers in Rizin is the peak for her imo.
                                                                            The UFC 145 division will struggle to find fighters. No chance they find 245lb fighters for Gabi

The women's flyweight has good potential imo. A friend of mine is ranked in the just announced top 10. she has a big fight next but a win puts her in title contention.

Comment

Trying badly to lift my head off the pillow here after our xmas party last night... And have to go to work fml
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

An hour in the arrivals hall at Dublin Airport today would restore your faith in humanity

Comment

BTC knocking on the door of $20k.

Comment

Anyone using Smoothstreams/Startstreams not seeing Sky Sports lately?

Comment

Just noticed that Jackie Chan movie with Pierce Brosnan is on netflix.

The Foreigner Trailer 1 (2017) Jackie Chan, Pierce Brosnan Action Movie HD [Official Trailer]

Comment

Surprisingly not sick today. Woke up at 8 am and said fuck it, jumped out of bed, shower and hit the road. Was chilling.on the couch by 12. Had great craic doing a little trip of mid Kerry, hit 5 pubs and ended up in Killarney after.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                          Anyone using Smoothstreams/Startstreams not seeing Sky Sports lately?
                                                                                          Ya, hasn't worked for me for ages. Pity.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                            Still can get any game I want to watch reliably but would prefer to watch the Sky coverage than American.

I'll send them a mail if it's not just me.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              And the musu TV I sent on to you working perfectly.
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                Just noticed that Jackie Chan movie with Pierce Brosnan is on netflix.
                                                                                                Was going to give it a spin but I need it spoilered first... Could not stomach watching it if the Gerry Adams character doesn't die roarin
                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 17-12-17, 14:45.

Comment

Comment

BBV somms, what's a good pairing for a smoked trout and avocado salad?
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Scenes in Portlaoise

Great game WP Moorfield, VWP Ronan Sweeny and a good LOL at the imbecile from Lomans who kicked the ball away near the end ... what a plonker

Comment

Scenes in Portlaoise

Great game WP Moorfield, VWP Ronan Sweeny and a good LOL at the imbecile from Lomans who kicked the ball away near the end ... what a plonker
                                                                                                        You in portlaoise, come take me for a hot chocolate
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                          BBV somms, what's a good pairing for a smoked trout and avocado salad?
                                                                                                          Pouilly Fume or some sort of Reisling would be my guesses.

Comment

Scenes in Portlaoise

Exciting finish.

Iditoic from the Lomans lad indeed. They seem to finish like that every game Moorfield (bitter Confey man).

Comment

any streams for Clermont-Saracens pls?

Comment

Scenes in Portlaoise

As a neutral was very entertaining game. Some good scores huge effort from both teams. Lomans in total control were planning for the semi in there heads. Draw imo would have been fair the eejit kicking it away when the man is 55 meters out and no immediate danger Jesus.

Comment

Return home from session at 4am to a puking toddler. Fun Times. God bless us every one.

Comment

any streams for Clermont-Saracens pls?
                                                                                                                    well worth a look, great game:

Comment

I think in theory* as a Leinster fan I should be supporting Saracens but I just can’t. TMO has fucked the game up for the ref. No way would Lacey have allowed himself to be overruled by the TMO.

*Saracens win could mean Leinster have a good shout for a home quarter and semi final but there’s a long way to go...

It’s a shame Raka went off injured.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                        I think in theory* as a Leinster fan I should be supporting Saracens but I just can’t. TMO has fucked the game up for the ref. No way would Lacey have allowed himself to be overruled by the TMO.

*Saracens win could mean Leinster have a good shout for a home quarter and semi final but there’s a long way to go...

It’s a shame Raka went off injured.
                                                                                                                        I've only seen the last 15. Ref does seem all over the shop! Atmosphere is amazing.

I guess **in theory** I should be shouting for Saracens but fuck that. Clermont are my favourite club outside of Leinster and if anyone deserves a HC, it's them.

If it remains a draw, that'll do too. Everything falling Leinster's way really. No excuses for not going 6/6 now and getting the No 1 spot.

Comment

The breakdown and point of contact was very inconsistent. Leinster should definitely be one the top 2 seeds going into knock out round.

This is shaping up to be one of the best quarter finals in a very long time.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X