Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
    Gonna back united in a few markets today that involves them destroying villa by many goals. Eventually there will be one decent performance, could be today.

-2 @ 9/2 is one
    A good performance from where? What makes you think they are capable of a good performance?

No Van Persie. No Midfield. No Wingers with any penetration? The only thing I can see being decent is Rooney having a stormer as he will be angling hard for a transfer come the winter and summer windows.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
      Dislike hugely.
      Same, unless Rooney bursts out and has the game of his life this won't come close to happening. 9/2 a poor price imo
      airport, lol

Comment

I hope you waited until the squad was out. We will be lucky to get a draw as welbeck is starting.
        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Wouldn't be going near any handicaps in utd match but do think they are due a decent result and it depends on Rooney having a stormer and giggs getting some space. On utd 3/4 lolerpool 15/8 and Leverkusen 1/2 for all the lots.
          location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
            Better prices available Kev. I'm on it too with Bet 365 @ 19/10. Swansea look a bit at sea at the moment and Norwich usually pretty decent at home
            you cannot trust norwich to win at home. too hot n cold. Id give swansea a bit more respect than ye to be enticed by them odds.

Comment

Gonna back united in a few markets today that involves them destroying villa by many goals. Eventually there will be one decent performance, could be today.

-2 @ 9/2 is one
              Originally posted by Theresa View Post
              A good performance from where? What makes you think they are capable of a good performance?

No Van Persie. No Midfield. No Wingers with any penetration? The only thing I can see being decent is Rooney having a stormer as he will be angling hard for a transfer come the winter and summer windows.
              United gonna win 2-0. As for wingers.. Januzaj has been very impressive on the left so far this season and Valencia has actually been decent most games and then the odd few games where he gets into great positions and loses the ability to cross a ball. Can't see much else but scraping a 2-0 today with a mediocre performance

I'm also on norwich 1-0 and spurs pool draw
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                Valencia has actually been decent most games

Comment

Liverpool @ 9/4 along with Norwich for me. And a small one on the double
                  airport, lol

Comment

good to see albrighton back playing
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

We want 4, 5 or 6 please

Comment

We want 4, 5 or 6 please
                        but then my bet on 2-0 is fucked . Although I do have januzaj and rooney in ff..
                        I'd prefer 2-0 but if any more goals then 10-0 plz
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Should be out of sight now

Comment

gwan hooper!! fantastic finish, need norwich for the majority of my accums.. :/ not looking super great, hoolihan plz!!!

Also, zero saves from the keepers in that game so far
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Settle for that

Comment

my 8 fold lost anyway as udinese and torino didn't draw, my big bet was a treble with leverkusen and lille so I'll settle for that

pool spurs 0-0 draw @14/1 for a sneaky tenner too sure for the lolz
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Boooooooooooooooooooom

Comment

my 8 fold lost anyway as udinese and torino didn't draw, my big bet was a treble with leverkusen and lille so I'll settle for that

pool spurs 0-0 draw @14/1 for a sneaky tenner too sure for the lolz
                                    Had Leverkusen let me down for a decent bet today aswel. Surprising defeat

Comment

Yeah Leverkusen fucked my treble over to, my original bet was Liverpool utd double but greed reared its ugly head again and I stuck the germans in fml.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                        I hope you waited until the squad was out. We will be lucky to get a draw as welbeck is starting.
                                        this belongs in the bbv
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Settle for that
                                          Wp sir tbf.

Comment

City out to 18/1 to win Champions League

They really strike me as a good cup team, in a once off match, they've shown they're capable of beating anyone. They also seem to have clicked and look like they'll only get better and better. Barca certainly aren't what they used to be and don't see any reason why City can't beat them. Thoughts?
                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Utd 6/5 at the moment with Bet365 to win the 1st leg away to the Greeks

Comment

After todays europa draw have backed Napoli @11/1, going to back valencia and ludogrets aiming to lay and have backed Rubin Kazan for a fiver(2.80 matched) @ 85/1 on betfair which will lay too. Napoli at 11/1 great odds imo
                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Thought I might be looking a bit far into the future but clearly not after seeing Tony's post! Chelsea available at evens at home to Pool on the 29th, three days after a home game vs Swans whereas Pool play City away that day. Not a massive price by any means but I would have them around 4/5 personally.

Comment

okay I won't post/spam this place anymore after this one but zola to west brom still available at 8/1 on bv. After resigning today... surely! Can't see spurs going for him myself, have no insight at all but sure twouldnt be the worst 20* I've wasted

edit: pussied out of betting the 50
                                                    Last edited by mdoug; 16-12-13, 17:53.
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'd be inclined to back Roma at 3.2 tonight. They've been a bit of a revelation this season, still unbeaten in the league. Went on a run of draws recently which coincided with Totti being injured for a month but got back to winning ways on his return against Fiorentina last week. You'd also be shocked by how good Gervinho has been.

While Milan have improved they're still far from firing, only starting to get a few players back from injuries who are still lacking match fitness. Balo has been meh Montolivo has been very poor by his standards and they're heavily reliant and a bit of Kaka magic to create chances, you'd suspect a Roma side who've only conceeded 5 goals all season can keep him relatively quiet.

Roma win at 3.2 with a saver on 0-0 at 13.5
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                        City out to 18/1 to win Champions League

They really strike me as a good cup team, in a once off match, they've shown they're capable of beating anyone. They also seem to have clicked and look like they'll only get better and better. Barca certainly aren't what they used to be and don't see any reason why City can't beat them. Thoughts?
                                                        city may get passed barca but cant see them winning it outright. will have to judge form come februrary but a fit messi and barca can take them.

agree napoli at 11s for europa league looks tasty. probably best team in it. have swansea and possibly porto so not easiest draw but we all know rafa likes his cup. might be on for a good sweat for the final at that price....not pulling the trigger.prices wont change much anytime soon in outright markets.
                                                        Last edited by mugsy; 16-12-13, 20:21. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                          city may get passed barca but cant see them winning it outright. will have to judge form come februrary but a fit messi and barca can take them.

agree napoli at 11s for europa league looks tasty. probably best team in it. have swansea and possibly porto so not easiest draw but we all know rafa likes his cup. might be on for a good sweat for the final at that price....not pulling the trigger.prices wont change much anytime soon in outright markets.
                                                          Juventus are far superior to Napoli!
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Chelsea -1 and city -2 plus small double
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

With the goals Chelsea have been shipping lately and the likelihood of Poyet playing his strongest team im taking bet365s offer of a Sunderland goal before the 73rd min at 5/6.

The same goes for City....scoring for fun and away to Leicester. A City goal before 32mins 5/6.

2 singles and a double.

Comment

Milner looks to have an advanced role with Dzeko tonight and at 15/4 is my anytime bet tonight. Strong line-up for City

Comment

9/2 torres
                                                                  5/1 Eto
                                                                  7/1 Ba first goal with Paddy power (just on their twitter)

Even though only eto starts. Has to be value in Eto for those who like chelsea tonight
                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                    Milner looks to have an advanced role with Dzeko tonight and at 15/4 is my anytime bet tonight. Strong line-up for City
                                                                    Kompany playing is the only real shock, maybe silva too.

City will always look strong with their big name squad
                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Marcelo Lippi is the manage of Guangzhou, Bayerns opponents. thats brilliant!!!
                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

I like lescott at 40/1 fg

Hope to see the usual width from Navas etc and win a few corners and then star trek to nod one in.

Comment

With the goals Chelsea have been shipping lately and the likelihood of Poyet playing his strongest team im taking bet365s offer of a Sunderland goal before the 73rd min at 5/6.

The same goes for City....scoring for fun and away to Leicester. A City goal before 32mins 5/6.

2 singles and a double.
                                                                          Sounds a good bet but i cant see it listed?? Is Sund goal before 80mins @4/5 same type bet?

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                            I like lescott at 40/1 fg

Hope to see the usual width from Navas etc and win a few corners and then star trek to nod one in.
                                                                            Jesus.

Rarely ever bet fgs but my biggest winner on that market was a Lescott goal back in his Everton days, think it was in the derby.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                                              Sounds a good bet but i cant see it listed?? Is Sund goal before 80mins @4/5 same type bet?
                                                                              Its on Bet365 select games then select goals and its under "Time of 1st goal"

Comment

Sunderland are shite, hope they go down

Comment

Sunderland are shite, hope they go down
                                                                                  I forgot how shite they are....hmnn....even shit teams can stick a goal in v chelsea these. QED

Comment

LOL

Comment

goal line seems very high in the Spurs game

United were very short (.69) theyve just been hammered back out to .8 now
                                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

On United, West Ham and Sheffield Wednesday for the lolev treble €7.50 treble and then United straight up is the serious bet
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Athletico Madrid @ 4/5 1-0 down 44th minute... here goes my money . Watched the first half, hilarious they're still losing. They'll walk it 3/4-1 in the second half
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

utd spurs for the loots for me.

Comment

Athletico Madrid @ 4/5 1-0 down 44th minute... here goes my money . Watched the first half, hilarious they're still losing. They'll walk it 3/4-1 in the second half
                                                                                              Easy money, I got on too for small dough.. Between this and Munster at the weekend I've been pretty lucky with late winners

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                                                                Easy money, I got on too for small dough.. Between this and Munster at the weekend I've been pretty lucky with late winners
                                                                                                Yeah I actually couldn't believe they were down until the 78th minute! Was nuts, super lucky to get the win and the moula . Also super lucky sheff wednesday game was abandoned, not to mention west ham! This double added, with the ath madrid double and the singles on united means a nice profitable night

Last edited by mdoug; 19-12-13, 05:54.
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

FC Groningen@1.7 - Asteras Tripolis@2.1 - Real Valladolid DnB@2.6 treble for me today with €15 of the winnings from yesterday. Threw it on this morning so very happy they've all gone in in price.. can't be a bad sign. €139 ftw
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Going on time of 1st team goals again today.

Newcastle before 53mins 5/6
                                                                                                    Leeds before 40 mins 5/6
                                                                                                    Colchester before 75mins 5/6
                                                                                                    Dagenham before 49 mins 5/6

4 x trebles
                                                                                                    10.29/1 accum

Comment

4 min sweat on Dagenham for the treble lol, Leeds no good.

Comment

Like Everton at 6/4

Comment

Free €50 bet on Arsenal - Chelsea game on bet365 -> http://www.bet365.com/extra/promotio...=1&lng=1&bet=1

If I am reading this right then you will need to have €100 in your account. Looks like you must put a €50 bet on before the game and then bet €50 in-play, if the in-play bet loses you get that €50 back.
                                                                                                          Sharing is caring yo!
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Free €50 bet on Arsenal - Chelsea game on bet365 -> http://www.bet365.com/extra/promotio...=1&lng=1&bet=1

If I am reading this right then you will need to have €100 in your account. Looks like you must put a €50 bet on before the game and then bet €50 in-play, if the in-play bet loses you get that €50 back.
                                                                                                            Sharing is caring yo!
                                                                                                            I shared it a couple of posts above

It's a free bet UP TO €50 so you can bet as little as you want

Comment

I like everton today too. Also reckon spurs will bounce back with a win today so did a small double
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                I like everton today too. Also reckon spurs will bounce back with a win today so did a small double
                                                                                                                The last time both away teams won both Sunday games in the top flight was in the 40s

might have made that up

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  I shared it a couple of posts above

It's a free bet UP TO €50 so you can bet as little as you want
                                                                                                                  my bad, I only saw the united and city one and when I clicked the boyles link(1:44) it wasn't working so I didn't click the others as was sad
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Im on the other side of them!
                                                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Thatll do!
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Man Utd 4/7 to beat Hull

Open a new account with Coral and you can get €20 @ 5/2 to win

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X