Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Tournament Poker

Old 08-05-16, 16:14   #1
Kie Diddy

line check: AKo facing ep open wih 20bb

This is somewhat a boring spot on the surface but interested in people's thoughts all the same:

$300 live tourney, approx. 50 of 1200 left so in the money but no meaningful jumps for some time

Blinds 6000 - 12000 w 2000 ante (30 min clock)

Villain opens UTG+1 to 26000 playing approx. 350k

folds to Hero in BB with AKo playing 250k (20bb)

flat, raise, or shove?

We have only been at the table for 3 orbits so no major history. Villain is around 50 years old but seems quite an odd fellow- has hoodie on (with hood up), sunglasses, and is muttering to himself constantly and talking utter shite after hands he wasn't in have finished...He only had 5 or 6 bb when I joined the table and has doubled 3 times and open shoved all three times with 33 ,AA and AA again. This is his first 'normal' open.

I also recently doubled with 99 v AK which is the only hand I've showed down at this table with 2 other shoves pre-double getting thru.
Kie Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-16, 20:08   #2
brady23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kie Diddy View Post
This is somewhat a boring spot on the surface but interested in people's thoughts all the same:

$300 live tourney, approx. 50 of 1200 left so in the money but no meaningful jumps for some time

Blinds 6000 - 12000 w 2000 ante (30 min clock)

Villain opens UTG+1 to 26000 playing approx. 350k

folds to Hero in BB with AKo playing 250k (20bb)

flat, raise, or shove?

We have only been at the table for 3 orbits so no major history. Villain is around 50 years old but seems quite an odd fellow- has hoodie on (with hood up), sunglasses, and is muttering to himself constantly and talking utter shite after hands he wasn't in have finished...He only had 5 or 6 bb when I joined the table and has doubled 3 times and open shoved all three times with 33 ,AA and AA again. This is his first 'normal' open.

I also recently doubled with 99 v AK which is the only hand I've showed down at this table with 2 other shoves pre-double getting thru.
Hand plays too bad OOP so can't flat. Std 20bb shove in a vacuum but absolutely a case to be made for 3b/c vs certain villains but given the info I think a shove is best.
brady23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Tournament Poker