pokerstove question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pokerstove question?

ok sorry this is probably simple but i'm only just learning how to use Pokerstove properly and appreciate how it works.

now i look at the top say 5% of hands and find KsQs in there.

and then say we look at A6o and it doesnt even come into the top 30%

yet if they play each other heads up A6o will be a 55% fav

how does this tally up?

i am a little confused as to how a hand that is fav HU is so far behind in the percentiles?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but Pokerstove calculates how 1 hand plays against a range of hands. If you put A6o into against a top 20% range, it's 42%. If you use KQs, it's 52%

If you play A6 and hit an Ace high flop, there's a lot of Aces that beat you.
    If you play KQs and hit a K or Q high flop, you're ahead of a lot of Ks and Qs

A6 is a garbage hand, and KQs is definetly a top range hand

Comment

I understand how this can be confusing. Heads up, A6 > KQ. It is also probably better verses a random hand. However, thats an imperfect way to rank hands as poker isn't played heads up verses random hands.

To compensate for this Poker stove calculates the the ranking based on its equity verses 3 random hands. This exposes and allows for the weakness in A6 that Flushdraw mentioned above. It's not perfect, but its a decent ranking system.
      Last edited by Mellor; 15-03-12, 02:47.

Comment

Working...
      X