Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    At €7.50 a pack it would want to be good. Completely worth it.
    Once a sale hits I fear for myself. They really gouge ye but it's so good.

vegan baileys coming to uk now too, hopefully hagendaz bring their stuff here too. #fatvegan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I thought I would try and write about this, because I am in the most prolonged manic episode of my life.

Fuck off, if you were truly depressed you would not be posting on a forum or even able to get out of bed say the unfortunate afflicted, and to that I say fair fucks. GratutiousfuckgoingtogratuteIMO

Depression is different for everyone. I can only describe what happens to me as such.

Have you ever been love sick or infatuated, that feeling of constant irritation, boredom, listless, sadness, destroydestroydestroy unless said thunderbolt enters the frame. Its that, except without the uplifting message or the outpouring of tears and sadness to get over it. Its a life of destroying shit. Its literally a pain in my gut, in my eyes that doesn't lift. Its wanting to destroy yourself to ground zero because that way there are only two ways to go.

Except it constant. Days feel like weeks to me. Seconds like fucking hours. Finding a way to fill them is hard. Eventually alcohol stops having an effect because thats how life be. Always a fucking tease. Tablets are the same difference.

So what are you left with, people, chaos, drama, the emotional fix. Its not deliberate but you are aware of being sincerely odious.I dont know if its a conscious choice or not but every atom of your energy pulsates with it. There are fleeting moments of euphoria where the perfect concoction allows you to be charming and anything or anyone in the whole world can happen. Mitty shit. You forget you have black bags on every mirror in the place because you are so fucking repulsive.

Then the fucking scary shit happens. All the rhetoric becomes a way of Ill show you in their fucking face. Except you cant because either way you are a fucking coward.

Then its the next day and its the exact same feeling or worse. Or not. There in lies the rub. Heard that in a film, sounded cool, written it sounds like something a fucking prick would say.

Comment

Comment

It hurts to hear you suffering so much jbravado. I wish you relief and wellness.

Comment

Odious , no. Anything but IMO.

Smart, sharp, funny, interesting, genuine... never heard a bad word said.

Comment

Probably no interest/consolation/or motivation to you at all Sam but ..

The missus rang me in tears yesterday after visiting a friend of ours in a Hospice. He suffered from depression all his life , some of his family attributed it to him being gay and struggling with it but no he embraced who he was in that regard

He and his other half lit up our wedding in 2010 in Helsinki with their broad smiles and zealous social bee personalities. I often said to the missus that ‘P’* was the epitome of contentedness.

Little did I know of his struggles with depression , even less did I understand it. He had tried many times to take his own life but his worry about how others might take it kept him alive for them but dead inside for himself.

I was stunned to hear of this. If you met him you’ve be bowled over by his friendliness and his apparent joy???

This year we found out he had a tumor in his Brain that was terminal. He is refusing further treatment for quality of life and will die very soon. It’s tragic and I know it’s a cliché when someone is dying to say but he actually is an amazingly wonderful guy

I furtively asked him about his illness (the depression) . How did you cope.***** His answer was. I didn’t cope did I?* I survived.** I convinced myself that the moments of where I could tolerate myself, I could then tolerate others.

I threw myself into my work to keep my mind busy and prepared myself for the depths of despair by holding on to the possibility it would not last as long as the previous time. ***The times when I felt human was when I was entertaining others and giving to others. His only thoughts now are for other people and it gives him peace to think that way.

The only conclusion/lesson I get from this very sad life of his was that ‘to give’* gives you purpose and meaning for others when you can’t find it for yourself.

Hope you experience some longer periods of remission but maybe perhaps against the tried and mental weariness of your current condition you could consider helping others in some form or other.

Comment

Can do nothing about those *******s

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Odious , no. Anything but IMO.

Smart, sharp, funny, interesting, genuine... never heard a bad word said.
                      Million percent

Comment

Any suggestions for what one should do with a rainy day fund that has been heretofore sitting in a current account? Presume the answer is give it to Denny for the spin-up.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Any suggestions for what one should do with a rainy day fund that has been heretofore sitting in a current account? Presume the answer is give it to Denny for the spin-up.
                          Bigger plane
                          airport, lol

Comment

...Heading here in November, and I am already looking forward to it...They do a 30oz rib eye, holy mother I can't wait...Just opened today, wonder what the HHE will think of it...

Comment

Comment

Great info, thanks. Was wondering if paying down the mortgage was the best bet but given I never have a job for more than a year I always steered away from it because once its gone its gone.
                                I'll prob do that when I know whether I'm employed beyond June. Wine would literally be the worst thing I could invest in. I have about 30 'decent' bottles which I intend to let sit for a while and it takes all my will power not to crack one open every Sunday.

Comment

Actually when I was away this year I bought a bottle from 1973. It was only €30 and the guy gave me a wobbly-hand gesture, suggesting it could be horrible, but still a cool thing to have. This is the oldest wine I've ever drank and it was class.

Comment

William G Stewart, host of 15 to 1, dies aged 84

Comment

He was great. Top show.

Comment

Comment

Echo what SP said Sam, like others I don't really know what to say other than to say you're one the good ones, talented with words and wit, sound as they come and real fun to be around, the few times we've shared space.

I have heard some stories of people taking to running to deal with the darkness. A close friend of mine took it up and it's helped him a lot.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Actually when I was away this year I bought a bottle from 1973. It was only €30 and the guy gave me a wobbly-hand gesture, suggesting it could be horrible, but still a cool thing to have. This is the oldest wine I've ever drank and it was class.
                                            Had a 1974 bottle of Vouvray last year. It was nothing too memorable.

I have sampled some very old ports down the years. They seem to age more evenly than wine.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Interesting radio programme featuring Seagull and Monkman from last year's UC about whether being a know-it-all is useful:

Comment

Can anyone recommend a pub game around Dublin 9?

Just looking for a place where people are having a pint and a bit of craic and take it less seriously than would be the norm in any of the clubs.

Thanks.

Comment

Re-watching O'Brother Where Art Thou again. Love that film, one of my favourites.

Comment

Check out @paddypower’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/paddypower/statu...745360384?s=09

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                      Re-watching O'Brother Where Art Thou again. Love that film, one of my favourites.
                                                      'Well ain't that a geographical oddity, two weeks from everywhere'

My favourite line from any movie. Clooney was so funny in that.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Anybody happen to catch Mr.Mercedes. a new show that started on rte. Brendan Gleeson in it. Just watched it and it was a fantastic first eposode

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                          Anybody happen to catch Mr.Mercedes. a new show that started on rte. Brendan Gleeson in it. Just watched it and it was a fantastic first eposode
                                                          I was saying about it the other day that its kind of shite, poorly written and allowing the plot to circle the drain as well being too graphic and unsubtle but Gleeson is absolutely killing it and however bad it is its well worth sticking with for a moment that I'd say is an ad lib by Gleeson in episode 5.

Its amazing how many really bad Stephen King adaptations there are, his kind of violence is just too graphic and his characters and situations do not translate to screen easily. Basically you need to be Kubrick to do him right.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                            Yes great show, been mentioned here quite a few times. Definitely worth the watch dose get better in my opinion. Catch it online if you want to get up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                              I only became aware a few weeks ago that it is a version of The Odyssey.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                And an homage to Preston Sturgess' film Sullivan's Travels.
                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                  I thought I would try and write about this
                                                                  I can't do anything on a forum. But I care about you. I hope something wonderful happens inside you. And on the outside too ..but inside you first

xx Lots of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Highly impressive to just have one tab open at a time in the browser. Suggests a logical mind that knows what it wants.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                      It says it at the start, and every time I see it, I'm a little surprised by it all over again.

Comment

Comment

DOTARD ? Lol wp Kim.

Comment

What a time to be alive.

Comment

It's lashing out. Spend spend spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                What a time to be alive.
                                                                                Won't be alive for long if your man continues to be let run loose

Comment

Any ideas of what's the 'read between the lines' issue behind the Mark Sampson sacking?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    Any ideas of what's the 'read between the lines' issue behind the Mark Sampson sacking?
                                                                                    From what i read over the past couple of days, there were accusations against him when he ran the Bristol Academy of 16-19 year olds, and also coached the women's team at the same time. He was meant to have been 'inappropriate' against a number of women, so whether that means he slept with them, or just attempted it, i don't know.

The racism thing is where he allegedly told Aluko to make sure her Nigerian family don't bring Ebola to Wembley, and had some similar remarks to her and another mixed race player. There's probably more to it than what i've read though.

Comment

^^^^ Have a hankering for watching some poker, where do you watch your vods mr flushdraw?

Was watching some on twitch last night and got a bit of a hankering to see more, especially as I was playing at the same time, lost a buy in so moved up levels. The nostalgia.

Hankering three times in one post, this is a record.

Comment

@Hitch and Zuutroy not sure if anyone else is in academia.

Thoughts on the value of the preliminary modules that they run for a couple of weeks.
                                                                                        I had mathematics, economics, accounting and data analysis.
                                                                                        I probably attended 70% and they were delivered in that order.
                                                                                        Perhaps there was a wavering interest but they seemed less and less helpful. The maths was good and the economics was ok too.
                                                                                        The accounting was very general i.e revenue vs profit which as Denny suggests puts you ahead of the curve anyway.

I was thinking maybe there is a better use of time than what they do with the 2 weeks. I'm assuming the idea is as much to get students to socialise especially given 70% I'm guessing is international

Comment

See mytaxi introduced a 2 euro booking fee now for all rides (not just when you book in advance), surely people will just flag taxis down now for the majority of cases and not use their app?

Pretty convenient name change from hailo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                            DOTARD ? Lol wp Kim.
                                                                                            Actually a real word:

“an old person, especially one who has become weak or senile”.
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                              See mytaxi introduced a 2 euro booking fee now for all rides (not just when you book in advance), surely people will just flag taxis down now for the majority of cases and not use their app?

Pretty convenient name change from hailo.
                                                                                              I got one last night and it was still the same price as normal for some reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                I got one last night and it was still the same price as normal for some reason?
                                                                                                No Uber or is it cheaper than Uber?

Comment

Werewolf signup: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru....php?p=1041051
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                    No Uber or is it cheaper than Uber?
                                                                                                    No Uber in Ireland afaik, tax compliancy innit?

Comment

I've used uber here before, but was like a year ago. Were they banned?

It says it's a discretionary fee by the drivers, and is quite new so maybe they aren't started yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                        No Uber in Ireland afaik, tax compliancy innit?
                                                                                                        No Uber in London any more either

US ride-hailing company will appeal ruling but the new chief executive admits it is the ‘cost of a bad reputation’

Comment

There is uber in Dublin and it tends to just be taxi drivers who have regged for the app.

Comment

Uber is in Ireland alright

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              Actually a real word:

“an old person, especially one who has become weak or senile”.
                                                                                                              Yep . Hence the lol w/o wtc.
                                                                                                              Trump trumped in English . ( Not difficult)
                                                                                                              Last edited by Solksjaer!; 22-09-17, 11:02. Reason: Can't be arsed ..fk u autocorrect.

Comment

I think "Uber" in Ireland is just another app to call Irish taxis so its not actually Uber.

Uber in London and the US will have a prearranged fee which you agree to when you call it, Uber in Ireland will not prearrange the fee, it just calls a normal taxi and goes on the meter.

Pretty sure its due to the regulations here, wish they would just work around it as it's so handy.

Comment

When i got it before I was upgraded to some really expensive car that had free drinks in it, as there were no other ubers available. But I too thought it had to be regular taxis here. Must be the same as whatever hailo+ and all that was

Also plenty of unhappy Londoners:

Uber kicked out of London

The global cab service Uber will be kicked out of London following the decision by Mayor Sadiq Khan and his administration rejecting an application to renew the firm’s operating license which is to expire soon.
                                                                                                                  The announcement to kick out Uber was announced in London Friday.
                                                                                                                  It is believed that Uber ran foul of the terms of operation by setting up a technology which allowed it to evade scrutiny by the authorities in London.
                                                                                                                  About 3.5 million passengers use Uber in London where it has over 40,000 drivers.
                                                                                                                  Analysts believe that the decision not to renew Uber’s license will greatly benefit the traditional London black cabs with considerable political influence in the British capital.
                                                                                                                  Uber plans to appeal the decision and will be allowed to continue to operate until the appeal is fully determined.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-09-17, 11:17.

Comment

Regular user of Uber Eats in Auckland. The fee was quite high for delivery but half the office would order together. It had a lot of cafes and restaurants that didn't usually deliver.

There normal Uber worked out around 60-70% cheaper than your normal taxi too.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 22-09-17, 11:42.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X