PLO donkament strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLO donkament strategy

Making this thread as there's a few PLO tournies coming up i'd like to play. I've been playing PLO cash online for about 4-5 months, but never a tournie. I'll play a few online in the coming weeks of course, but i'll be learning as I go(i.e a massive fish).

Can anyone post some good tips for tournament play, or any threads on 2+2 or whatever discussing the subject?

Cheers.

This might be of some help to you:

Don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for but it's a start at least.

Wouldn't be sure of the strategy for omaha tourneys myself but I don't play too much different. When I do play them, I play position and see it as being just as important as in holdem tourneys.

Comment

I'm putting a link to my trip report where I got 3rd at the Omaha side event at the IPO last year.

Some things to think about with big pairs etc, but it will give you an idea of the dynamics of the whole tournament and how the game changes as it progresses.

Dunno if it'll help.

Its a bit of a read, but tried to get everything down of note.
      Skip down to part 2 to avoid the intro.

http://voodoocardclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51

Do You Voodoo? Why not become a fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo Paul View Post
        I'm putting a link to my trip report where I got 3rd at the Omaha side event at the IPO last year.

Some things to think about with big pairs etc, but it will give you an idea of the dynamics of the whole tournament and how the game changes as it progresses.

Dunno if it'll help.

Its a bit of a read, but tried to get everything down of note.
        Skip down to part 2 to avoid the intro.

http://voodoocardclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51

I just read your TR there now , very good read .

I remember sitting down at that 1st table and thinking omg what have i done to deserve this , it was like the who's who of tv poker . Every time i tried to make a move i got 3 bet or shoved on . I held my own against them until you and mark moved to my table and mark in my BB started to be aggro with his stack . My exit hand was simple really , I completed from the sb and flopped top set and i potted , mark raised me for my stack and i wasnt backing off , but as i suspected he flopped the wheel and that was that.
        It was really enjoyable to play with people that have achieved so much in the game and you could learn a lot from just watching them make plays on each other .

That was my 1st omaha event and ive only played one more since then at the JP masters which i final tabled and finished 7th . So im looking forward to this fri night and a deep run in what should be a good event

Comment

Working...
        X