English Greyhound Derby plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English Greyhound Derby plunge

Lads, I’m gonna smash one up in this tomorrow. I’ll post it at lunchtime, it’s a humongous price but should be a clear favorite imo. It will be soon.

Droopys Davy, still 50/1 in a place.

Comment

...Only one I could find 50/1 was bet Victor...Tried 50ew max I could do was 25ew then odds went to 33/1 lol...Cheers for tip...Keep us updated when it's running if possible...

Comment

150's into 33's on pp.

You'd think an operation like them would have auto displays on all their outrights instead of having customers going trying to find a needle in a haystack.
        Profit before people.

Comment

The 150’s must have been from a long time ago.
          I decided 3 weeks ago that I would probably back him once I found out that he was definitely intended (as he had another potential target in Ireland at the same time) and he was a best priced 66/1 then.
          He was still 66/1 best this morning.
          I think he should be single figures.

Comment

If betting on this in a shop would you just put down 'Greyhounds - English Derby, Droopy's Davy' ?

Comment

50/1 on skybet still

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                If betting on this in a shop would you just put down 'Greyhounds - English Derby, Droopy's Davy' ?
                Yes and ask them for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  50/1 on skybet still
                  How do I find it on skybet?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    How do I find it on skybet?
                    in the greyhound racing menu, go to future races, and then greyhound derby 2018

Comment

Here’s a little bit of a guide on what the money is going down on:

In just its 6th year, the Con & Annie Kirby Memorial is now one of the main events in the Irish racing calendar and attracts the top young greyhounds in Irel...

Comment

I got 50 to1 on skybet. 34 ew. Gl us!

Just checked, now 25 to 1

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                          Here’s a little bit of a guide on what the money is going down on:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yxfzp_LcDSE
                          If he shows that starting speed in Wimbledon he’d be a hard one to catch

Also get a bit of a word for jaytee yankee in the English Derby
                          Good luck with ur bet

Comment

Unfortunately Wimbledon is shut sir, that would have suited us better, Derby in Towcester these days.
                            He’s still 33/1 with Lads and Corals, methinks that’s about to disappear.

Comment

33/1 on PP still
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Comment

Unfortunately Wimbledon is shut sir, that would have suited us better, Derby in Towcester these days.
                                Bet boost on lad's will give you 40's
                                Last edited by Guest; 21-04-18, 15:34. Reason: **max boost £200 stake, changed from what id put

Comment

Forgot that
                                  Good point well made

Comment

Droopys Davy, still 50/1 in a place.
                                    ... how have the bookies got it so wrong with this one do you think...is it because so many races in it?...

Comment

A Greyhound Race is a test of speed. In a Derby other things come into it as it’s 6 rounds long: luck, consistency, durability etc but at the end of the day the fastest dog has the best chance of winning.
                                      Imo the Fav’s for the Derby should usually be in the 8/1 to 10/1 range as normally at the beginning 75% of the field have zero chance.

Droopys Davy is probably the fastest 4 bend dog in Ireland and as such had a major chance but as a young dog he’s only starting to prove this in the last 3/4 weeks. The bookmakers have missed this and left his originally inflated price on display.
                                      He runs in Ireland’s second highest prize money race this Saturday where he will start a probable Odds On favorite. Then he’ll go to England on Tuesday to trial before the Derby which starts in 2 weeks. In an ideal world he’d have had a longer gap between events.
                                      For me he has incredible early gears and if he traps consistently nothing will live with him on the run to the first bend, early pace wins most races.

Comment

A Greyhound Race is a test of speed. In a Derby other things come into it as it’s 6 rounds long: luck, consistency, durability etc but at the end of the day the fastest dog has the best chance of winning.
                                        Imo the Fav’s for the Derby should usually be in the 8/1 to 10/1 range as normally at the beginning 75% of the field have zero chance.

Droopys Davy is probably the fastest 4 bend dog in Ireland and as such had a major chance but as a young dog he’s only starting to prove this in the last 3/4 weeks. The bookmakers have missed this and left his originally inflated price on display.
                                        He runs in Ireland’s second highest prize money race this Saturday where he will start a probable Odds On favorite. Then he’ll go to England on Tuesday to trial before the Derby which starts in 2 weeks. In an ideal world he’d have had a longer gap between events.
                                        For me he has incredible early gears and if he traps consistently nothing will live with him on the run to the first bend, early pace wins most races.
                                        ...FFS Arazi, you have me thinking about going in again on him!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                          ...FFS Arazi, you have me thinking about going in again on him!!!...
                                          Ha, I went and had another whack on him tonight at 33/1 with Ladbrokes. There’s another one that I’m gonna have to have something on, Droopys Verve, who looks overpriced too but I wouldn’t think much of his trainer and doubt if she’ll train the derby winner. Verve has a brother called Droopys Biker who is trained by Davy’s trainer, he’s overpriced at 50/1-66/1 too.

Comment

Feck. Cannot make this bet in Spain.
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Cheers for the tip/sweat Arazi. Out of curiosity, why are so many dogs called after droopy. Are they all related?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                Feck. Cannot make this bet in Spain.
                                                You can, turn off your location use your mobile data and bet on the web page not the app.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                  Cheers for the tip/sweat Arazi. Out of curiosity, why are so many dogs called after droopy. Are they all related?
                                                  One of the top breeders in the sport are a pair of brothers from Waterford, the Dunphys. They call all their dogs Droopys. Over the years they have tended to maintain a share in a lot of the really top dogs that they produce, probably in order to ensure that after racing the dog returns to their stud. They have a half share in Droopys Davy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                    You can, turn off your location use your mobile data and bet on the web page not the app.
                                                    Cheers hooch. Appropriately stupidly large drunken holiday bet placed
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Wow what a run in the final ! 28.10! Hopefully he takes to Towcester
                                                      https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
                                                        Wow what a run in the final ! 28.10! Hopefully he takes to Towcester
                                                        ...Just the 6 lengths...Looking forward to catching the race replay when it's ok...Think we're definitely onto a live one...

Comment

And the idiots pricing up for the firms haven’t reacted, 33/1 still available at the minute. That’s a ridiculously good bet still. I’d make him a single figure price and if he takes to Towcester and traps well over there it’s very possible that with his early pace he’ll never see another dog.
                                                          I think he heads over on Tuesday, starts Thursday week.

Comment

Towcester have put some good preview pieces on their YouTube channel for anyone who wants to get emerged in this years Derby. Davy gets a good mention in this one:

Studio discussion - Martin Chapman, Kevin Hutton, Ian Fortune & Jonathan Hobbs.

Comment

Davy runs Sat night, heat 24. A nice handy opening heat on paper.

Comment

Davy runs Sat night, heat 24. A nice handy opening heat on paper.
                                                                ...What site are you using to track this and find out when he's running....And is it the top 3 in every round goes through to the next?...

Comment

It’s a mixture of 3 and 4 to qualify from the first round and then it’ll be 3 from the second round onwards.
                                                                  We have a 3 to qualify heat but there are only 5 runners. We are in Trap 6 with a vacant box inside us.

Here’s the draw:

Despite a draw of 27 heats – fate determined that four of the most ‘interesting’ runners in the 2018 Star ...

Comment

It’s a mixture of 3 and 4 to qualify from the first round and then it’ll be 3 from the second round onwards.
                                                                    We have a 3 to qualify heat but there are only 5 runners. We are in Trap 6 with a vacant box inside us.

Here’s the draw:

http://greyhoundstar.co.uk/full-derby-draw/
                                                                    I never backed a greyhound before so stuck 25 w on at 20/1 cause I need Botox , lol!

I'll be forever grateful and young if it wins
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

I hear he trialed poorly starting slowly and taking a worryingly wide route.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

I wouldn’t be overly concerned.
                                                                        His time was moderate but he badly missed the break & it is a hard track to run first time around. I’d be more concerned that he has only had one trial to learn the track.
                                                                        On the plus side is that he has drawn a Saturday heat and has another week to freshen up & settle in to his new base. Also it’s a handy heat with only one good dog in it, Drive on Tipp. With any sort of normal luck we should be safely into the second round & hopefully with a good bit of improvement from him.

Comment

Will take 2/3 runs to get used to the track alright. Dunphys more keen on droopys biker so worth a few pound even tho down to 16's

Comment

I wouldn’t be overly concerned.
                                                                            His time was moderate but he badly missed the break & it is a hard track to run first time around. .
                                                                            He seems to always take a wide route from what I've seen though. And Towchester looks the nut worst track for that style of running.

I backed it blindly on your suggestion but none too confident it suits him now
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Watch him again. He runs the straights middle to wide but absolutely throws himself into the bends & sling shots off them. He is a brilliant bend runner. You are right that Towcester is the nut worst track for natural wides who stay out on the bends but he’s far from that.
                                                                              You are on the fastest dog in the Derby so now the game is finishing in the first 3 for the next 5 rounds in order to get into the final.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Watch him again. He runs the straights middle to wide but absolutely throws himself into the bends & sling shots off them. He is a brilliant bend runner. You are right that Towcester is the nut worst track for natural wides who stay out on the bends but he’s far from that.
                                                                                You are on the fastest dog in the Derby so now the game is finishing in the first 3 for the next 5 rounds in order to get into the final.
                                                                                He stayed out pretty wide in the final at Limerick, commentator even made a point of it, now it benefited him avoid the first bend melee but he never came close to the bends. Apparently ran Towcester similarly in the trial.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Mmmm watched his early spins at Limerick and there was a tendency to drift off at the bends alright which he corrected as he learned the track.

Let’s hope he does similar at Towcester.

Comment

#42

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Dog is way to young only still a puppy only over there for the experience will do him no harm he ll put in a few rounds he's trail told a lot the other day still has to learn a lot total different ball game over there to wat is was in limerick that why he's was 50/1 hope ye get a good run for yer money

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Got 125s about swithins brae today with Laddies and Murry's Act at 100s.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by TonyCascarino View Post
                                                                                          Got 125s about swithins brae today with Laddies and Murry's Act at 100s.
                                                                                          Best of luck there pushing on a bit age wise but they ll know there way around the place

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Murrys Act is still young enough. He's a great dog for getting through rounds. Very hard to keep out of the top 3. Backed him last year and he made the final. I also have small bets on Danzey Exception and Shaneboy Freddie (now he's old!). I can't understand how Typical Ash is 500/1. Must be injured and form looks poor since he moved to England but he posted some decent runs in the Irish Derby. He must be that price for a reason but I'll have to have a token bet. Shame Good News prob isn't right. Or at least it looks that way if 66s.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              There’s plenty of journey men dogs in there Cas, agree about Murray’s being a good comp dog and should go a few rounds.
                                                                                              Good News isn’t entered, he was hurt in the Easter Cup final and I think is being rested for the big Shelbourne comps in the Autumn.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Yeah was thinking he was injured alright. It just threw me that he's still being quoted. Shame really.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  On Tyrur Shay at 33's, decent trial after long lay off and should improve the longer he stays in

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Wait.... So Droopy's Davy isn't a guarantee?

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                      Wait.... So Droopy's Davy isn't a guarantee?
                                                                                                      Don’t worry Jigga, the lads are just getting windy.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Racing post view of derby, havent listened yet but...

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          droopy's davy back out to 33s from 20s
                                                                                                          Last edited by shrapnel; 03-05-18, 16:16.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                            droopy's davy back out to 33s from 20s
                                                                                                            Thats because they found out they electrocuted Droopys on the hair rail to discourage him from running wide. Insiders say they overdid the volts but hes eaten up for the most part this evening i believe.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Droopys Davy a penalty kick 4/6 tonight won't get a easier heat should be doing a clock

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Drive on tipp the biggest danger ! He's no mug

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
                                                                                                                  Drive on tipp the biggest danger ! He's no mug
                                                                                                                  ...Would coming 2nd instead of 1st matter with trap draw, or is it am open draw every round?... And does Droopys Davy have a preferred trap himself...

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    First 3 is all that matters, it’s a totally open draw every round except that you are kept away from runners in the same ownership. The Derby is all about qualifying.

Hopefully he’ll trap out smartly and get to run the track without any interference so he can learn it better.
                                                                                                                    I’d be happy just to finish top 3 and draw another handy heat for next week.

The competition really starts from the third round onwards, we’d want to be running the track by then. The third round, 1/4 finals and semis take place over a week (Sat, Tues, Sat) and that really sorts them out.

I wouldn’t be expecting any fireworks from us tonight, I’d say he’s had a very light couple of weeks since the Kirby.

Droopy Davy has a middle seed, his preferred draw looks to be 4 or 5 but i’d Be happy anywhere from 3-6.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Derby starts around 7pm tonight, anyone who has Sky will be able to see it on Channel 431. Davy runs at 8.41pm

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        had no pase at all

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X