Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    no
    Medium odds?
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

right, Jason Roy disappointment coming up
      thar she blows
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Germany Netherlands was a good 2nd half after a take first half. Cracking goals and referee drama with the worst handball decision I've ever seen and no VAR to help.

Comment

Watched bits of that Roy Keane show. Sad, sad man.

Comment

Sports coaching podcast about perception action coupling and games etc. For the cricketers skip to around 1 hour mark, tlks about bowling machines, Steve Smith, games for training to work on running, throwing etc. Might be of interest

Comment

BoJo seems frazzled. Rambling, confused answers to questions. Those strange performances in Parliament.

Remember he's never actually had a real job before (well he was Foreign Secretary but he certainly didn't act like it). Meltdown incoming.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                I shared this article about HIGNFY at work the other day, seems to have held up well given it was written in 2015:

https://newhumanist.org.uk/articles/...british-satire
                That was a great read.

I love this line about Katie Hopkins, as punchingly passive aggressive as it is...

Most tellingly, her greatest moments of vulnerability came when she was asked to accept tenderness from others. In order to survive in the harsh and emotionally retarded world of the English ruling-class male she was trained for in private school and at Sandhurst, Hopkins has clearly been required to forgo any public acceptance of warmth or kindness from others.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  That was a great read.

I love this line about Katie Hopkins, as punchingly passive aggressive as it is...
                  And you a feminist!

I really don't see anything wrong with what u quoted, explain it to a drunk man please.

Did you love Peaky Blinders opening sequence Sunday night, thought of you !
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

There were scenes in Peaky Blinders last week that would be up there in the best of tv imo.

As for Preacher...I wouldn't even try to explain the craziness...but its wonderful, 2nd fav tv show atm.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Chester Williams dead at 49 . Another one from that iconic team. Seems suss. 4 now?

Comment

Extreme rc airplane

Otto Widlroither brings his giant homemade Concorde in the air for the very first time at the airfield of Mühldorf am Inn (Bavaria / Germany)Technical data:S...
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                          And you a feminist!

I really don't see anything wrong with what u quoted, explain it to a drunk man please.

Did you love Peaky Blinders opening sequence Sunday night, thought of you !
                          It reads like he's offering sympathy and understanding as to why she's a cunt, and that it's not her fault, when really he's just calling her a cunt.

Comment

Our Brexit point man sounds like he's losing the will to live.

The section called 'Johnson's character' is good. If you don't trust him and if he can't get the numbers, what is he exactly?

Comment

@shrap or anyone else who'd know
                              Any walk in gigs in London tonight that would be worthwhile?
                              Or a pointer to a useful gig guide now that time out is shit.
                              Plans for tonight haven't worked out.
                              Georgie Fame at Ronnie Scott's the other night was gig of the year so far. Great stuff altogether.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Paging brianmc

we have a large collection of bushes\shrubs on one side of the back garden. They are manky and old, so I finally got around to start clearing them this morning. Was clearing one when I heard a low buzzing sound and found what was a bee's 'nest' (definitely not a hive - it was a big clump of old, mossy grass). Lots of very lethargic bees kinda fell out of it, most of them unable to fly and - the weird thing - a lot of them were almost entirely black. They weren't aggressive in any way.

Did I disturb a bee hospice?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Georgie Fame at Ronnie Scott's the other night was gig of the year so far. Great stuff altogether.
                                  Do you not use songkick? If not download it now. Dozens of Concerts on tonight including the London folk Festival (no idea who's playing tonight)

Comment

There are still tickets available for the flaming lips in Brixton

Songkick is a decent app/website not as good as it was but still decent

Just found this as well
                                    Last edited by Guest; 07-09-19, 12:39.

Comment

SP

Norman Jay and Craig Charles are both (separately)
                                      DJing in Brixton tonight

Good times!

Comment

Bedouine's playing in London tonight. Laid back folkey stuff. One of my favourite albums of the year so far.

Comment

Umpires continuing to miss plumb obvious lbw's agianst England. Their officiating run good this summer is farcical at this stage.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Ah those two sites were exactly what I needed
                                            Great stuff
                                            Bedouine gig booked.

Comment

What a fecking brilliant song.

Comment

Our Brexit point man sounds like he's losing the will to live.

The section called 'Johnson's character' is good. If you don't trust him and if he can't get the numbers, what is he exactly?
                                                This is a more humorous take on the weeks events from Marina Hyde, superbly written.
                                                Was it only five weeks ago that Conservatives believed the prime minister was the only possible answer to their problems, asks Guardian columnist Marina Hyde

Comment

The Guardian is a bit of a joke itself

Every article is a 'here's how nerdy liberals can beat Trump\Johnson\Farage\global warming' OpEd piece of shite.

Comment

Jason Roy comes in at #4 again, though in the first over!

Comment

Lolololol england

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        Jason Roy comes in at #4 again, though in the first over!
                                                        Bit of shine gone off the ball with that second wicket so he should be grand

Comment

Comment

Did my first Clean the Canal this morning.

A few months back I happened to see a fair few people dressed in high viz jackets, armed with black sacks and litter pickers, walking up amd down the canal near where I live.

A quick Google led me to a group that meets up on the 1st Saturday of every month and cleans up the Grand Canal.

I wanted to get involved straight away but sadly today was the 1st first Saturday of the month I've been around since so I happily rocked up at 10am to join in.

While we, as a group, collected a lot of bags of rubbish, it wasn't quite as dirty as I had expected. This may, of course be due to the fact that the area is cleaned so often. That said, we still had about 15 sacks of rubbish at the end for a relatively small section of the canal .

One thing that really struck me was the number of cigarette butts. On the stretch I did (one side of the canal from Charlemont to Lesson St) I must have picked up at least 200 plus cigarette butts.

I know most on here are off the cigs and onto the vaping but if there is any still left on the cigs, seriously, stop fucking them on the ground when you walk or out the window when you drive.

Not even Roy Keane would be such a cunt to do that...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                              Bedouine's playing in London tonight. Laid back folkey stuff. One of my favourite albums of the year so far.
                                                              Great shout, class gig thanks.

Georgie Fame in Ronnie Scott's, Jason and the scorchers on Shepard's Vish empire and bedouine in the queen Elizabeth hall , quite the variety of acts and venues in the one weekend.

Those DJ's whose names I've never heard of could happen yet but i don't reckon there rest of the oul lads have the stamina for more

Comment

Last cig i smoked was 13 oct 2012
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Subscribe to the Real Time YouTube: http://itsh.bo/10r5A1BIn his editorial New Rule, Bill calls on Americans to take control of their health and address the ...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                    Last cig i smoked was 13 oct 2012
                                                                    Can't remember the exact date but 2011 for me (although I had originally quit in 2005, was off and on them till 2011).

Comment

Great shout, class gig thanks.
                                                                      Cool, glad you enjoyed her

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                        Can't remember the exact date but 2011 for me (although I had originally quit in 2005, was off and on them till 2011).
                                                                        Was off them for a couple of months back in 99 around the time i hooked up with the wife. She was not impressed when i srarted back up about a year later.

Went off them again just over 2 years ago. Mate bet me €20 i couldnt stay off them for 3 months. Cant resist a bet. Told him id give him €2k if i didnt last the 3 months. Did the trick.

Comment

Seen a fairly amazing tennis stat this morning. Womens tennis had it's first major winner born in the 2000's last night whereas Mens has yet to have one born in the 90's.

That's some stranglehold the golden era have had for a couple of decades.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                            Seen a fairly amazing tennis stat this morning. Womens tennis had it's first major winner born in the 2000's last night whereas Mens has yet to have one born in the 90's.

That's some stranglehold the golden era have had for a couple of decades.
                                                                            She was unbelievable last night. Took it to Serena in a big way. Wasn't sure she'd close it out after a match point at 5-1, then Serena came back to 5-5. Slightly weak Serena but still an incredible win. Can't wait to see her at Wimbledon as I really think that surface will suit her as she gets so low on the ball

Comment

Ah but we eat with our eyes.
                                                                              The things I do to keep you cunts happy

Comment

Oh yeah, that looks incredible.

Comment

Thats more like it CourierCollie.
                                                                                  Next try one out of the tin. You will see why you have to score it more so than in a flat tray. Asthetics me hole.
                                                                                  Last edited by rounders123; 08-09-19, 14:00.

Comment

Watched a minute or two of the camogie. Very disorientating that they've switched the camera so that the Hill is on the right-hand side. Looks weird.

Comment

...Some atmosphere building in the Ashes now, England beginning to look like they may survive again... C'mon Starc!...

Comment

Redzone is back!! 7 hours of commercial free football. Oh how I've missed this on lazy sundays.

Comment

...Get in there!!!...Definitely think Australia fully deserve it, they've looked in control of pretty much every test (even the one they've lost)...

Comment

Watched a minute or two of the camogie. Very disorientating that they've switched the camera so that the Hill is on the right-hand side. Looks weird.
                                                                                            They do that for the women's football too. It had always struck me as a weird thing to do.

Comment

@zuutroy how is the pizza oven going? Still getting use out of it?

Comment

Georgia holding Denmark 0-0 is a great result for Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                  Georgia holding Denmark 0-0 is a great result for Ireland
                                                                                                  Tis till they turn us over in Tbilisi.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                    @zuutroy how is the pizza oven going? Still getting use out of it?
                                                                                                    Yep, used it yesterday evening. Pretty much have the Neapolitan style pizza mastered now. Definitely better than most if not all pizzas I've had. Problem is I keep inviting people over and spend most of the time cooking them for other people rather than eating them myself.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                      Yep, used it yesterday evening. Pretty much have the Neapolitan style pizza mastered now. Definitely better than most if not all pizzas I've had. Problem is I keep inviting people over and spend most of the time cooking them for other people rather than eating them myself.
                                                                                                      You're doing it wrong. You own a plane. Just fly to Italy any time you want good pizza for ultimate wankery. Easy game.

Comment

Given that it takes 30 seconds (allegedly) to cook, and doing up enough dough/sauce for 10 doesn't take much more time than dough/sauce for 1, it can't be that bad really? You can make doing their own sauce, toppings, etc part of the experience.

Comment

You also thinking of getting one Dom?

Comment

Andorra's offside tactic against Turkey:

Comment

Anyone else finding that embedded tweets here are not showing up correctly the last few days? Looks the same on both chrome and firefox, and adblock is disabled.

Comment

They do that for the women's football too. It had always struck me as a weird thing to do.
                                                                                                                If they showed it from the usual side would they have ended up showing an emptyish stand?

So swap sides to give a better view of crowd/atmosphere etc

Comment

You also thinking of getting one Dom?
                                                                                                                  I love the idea of it, but my garden is too small and I wouldn't get enough use out of it, so it'd definitely end up another thing stored away. I've no shed either so it wouldn't even be stored somewhere convenient. If I had a large garden with a decent shed I probably would. I'll make do with the oven for making pizza.

Comment

Given that it takes 30 seconds (allegedly) to cook, and doing up enough dough/sauce for 10 doesn't take much more time than dough/sauce for 1, it can't be that bad really? You can make doing their own sauce, toppings, etc part of the experience.
                                                                                                                    It takes about 60-90 seconds to cook with 2-3 turns needed in that time. The preparation is fine, but the live action is intense. You're making sure the oven stays hot enough by topping up the wood pellets, while also stretching the dough and getting the next one ready. To be honest putting the sauce and toppings on is a skill and if you let guests do it they'll make a mess of it. One spot of sauce on the peel and pizza won't slide off, same goes if it's weighed down too much or its sitting on it for too long. As it needs to be done on the peel they can only be done one at a time anyway.

The oven is tiny so any garden would be suitable really

Comment

It takes about 60-90 seconds to cook with 2-3 turns needed in that time. The preparation is fine, but the live action is intense. You're making sure the oven stays hot enough by topping up the wood pellets, while also stretching the dough and getting the next one ready. To be honest putting the sauce and toppings on is a skill and if you let guests do it they'll make a mess of it. One spot of sauce on the peel and pizza won't slide off, same goes if it's weighed down too much or its sitting on it for too long. As it needs to be done on the peel they can only be done one at a time anyway.

The oven is tiny so any garden would be suitable really
                                                                                                                      Is this pizza oven one you can buy, or did you build it?

Obviously I would be up for one of these options.

Comment

Is this pizza oven one you can buy, or did you build it?

Obviously I would be up for one of these options.
                                                                                                                        Some assembly required afaik

In this video, Ooni Founder and CEO Kristian demonstrates how to setup, light and cook with Ooni 3 (2018 edition) for perfect results each time. Please note:...

Comment

About 10 minutes to put together.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X