Aftertiming only thread - Amnesty on aftertiming here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftertiming only thread - Amnesty on aftertiming here

This is a thread intended exclusively for aftertiming whether it be in a bragging way but i think generally for people just stating what you had in that one rather than saying nothing for fear of the crook eye

Ive never felt anything wrong with aftertiming or understood the hate it seems to engender in people. By not reading aftertiming posts i feel ive been deprived on insights i might not have read. Nice to know someone backed something at 33/1 because what do i care its not as if i was going to back it even if it was posted beforehand.

So ill kick things off. Jesus Ryan Moore is the master. Watch the trouble he found himself in(or got himself into if he lost!) on the fav Carenot in the 4.50 Beverly and how he got out of it. I took a swing at 4/6. Never again!

Ah. I enjoy the bitterness harmless after timing causes.

Comment

haha i know what you mean. But i think were missing out on a lot of interesting stories nevertheless because of the stigma of aftertiming.

Comment

I had 150 on monty to win the European order of merit at 66 to 1 when he last won it. Bagged 10k. Only Michael Cambell made me sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
          This is a thread intended exclusively for aftertiming whether it be in a bragging way but i think generally for people just stating what you had in that one rather than saying nothing for fear of the crook eye

Ive never felt anything wrong with aftertiming or understood the hate it seems to engender in people. By not reading aftertiming posts i feel ive been deprived on insights i might not have read. Nice to know someone backed something at 33/1 because what do i care its not as if i was going to back it even if it was posted beforehand.

So ill kick things off. Jesus Ryan Moore is the master. Watch the trouble he found himself in(or got himself into if he lost!) on the fav Carenot in the 4.50 Beverly and how he got out of it. I took a swing at 4/6. Never again!

http://www.chroma.premiumtv.co.uk/st...272/index.html
          Couldn't agree more, it's just the begrudgers.

Comment

I backed the winners of the 4 championship races at Cheltenham festival this year for the first time ever. It was my first GC winner since Garrison Savannah

I've given it all back in spades since !!!

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
              I've given it all back in spades since !!!
              Surely not???

Comment

Did a 5 team accum on Wednesday, West Ham, Liverpool, Man Utd, Ath Madrid and Rangers, 4 won with Rangers losing to Hibs.

Brag: Throwing out the receipts from my wallet this morning, I looked at the docket to find I had somehow done Hibs instead of Rangers.

Beat: Into Paddys with my smug head to be told that I was a loser. Ahem, I think if you check again you are wrong says I . Well you have 4 right but Athletic Bilbao lost to Atletico Madrid. Seems I did 5 homes which is why I had Hibs but also Bilboa....Twat @learnhowtofuckingfilloutthosefootycouponscorrectl y

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                  Couldn't agree more, it's just the begrudgers.
                  It's nothing to do with begrudgery, it's just so irritating! Anyway, enjoy the thread!

Comment

It doesn't irritate me as I love to see the bookies bashed plus I don't doubt people so readily in this . What does annoy me is when they don't share the info beforehand. Tis all.

Comment

Many moons ago I backed Liverpool to Win 3-0 and 4-0 as scorecast with both Gerard and Torres away to Marseilles in the CL. Gerard scored first and they went 3-0 up with around 15 minutes left. Started laying the shit out of 3-0 on Betfair at various prices and Ryan Babel came off the bench and scored with a minute to go. netted around 8k and then went to the bookies to collect the 6k part in Cash and with the rest of the money bought an engagement ring and proposed within a few weeks.
                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                        It's nothing to do with begrudgery, it's just so irritating! Anyway, enjoy the thread!
                        What is it that irritates you?

Is it that there's an unwritten rule being broken that people should never under any circumstances speak of any winning bet unless it was posted in advance or is there something else going on?
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                          Don't know why, we all have friends that are punters, Jesus nearly all mine are and we would always discuss about winning bets we did along with the loosing ones, no big deal. Can't understand why it would be so irritating.

Comment

Have to say it was by far my best Cheltenham ever, backed 16 winners from 28 races with 5 e/w places, was so pissed every evening so was getting stuck into the night racing and loosing. Fri night of Cheltenham I went up to the cue club and dropped a grand playing cash, pissed as a fast, woke up the following morning only to find a docket in my pocket, 500 win @ 13/8 in Dundalk, the last race, can't remember the name of the horse, said to myself, Ohh ffs, checked the results and winner alright, still to this day I have no recollection of doing the bet.

Comment

Have to say it was by far my best Cheltenham ever, backed 16 winners from 28 races with 5 e/w places, was so pissed every evening so was getting stuck into the night racing and loosing. Fri night of Cheltenham I went up to the cue club and dropped a grand playing cash, pissed as a fast, woke up the following morning only to find a docket in my pocket, 500 win @ 13/8 in Dundalk, the last race, can't remember the name of the horse, said to myself, Ohh ffs, checked the results and winner alright, still to this day I have no recollection of doing the bet.
                              Even in this thread, there has to be limits

Comment

Had a bet on Liverpool 0-1 against AC Milan in 2005

Tried to pull the trigger at half time on Pool win outright and pool win on peno's but bank account was empty and credit card was maxed

Consuming about 1/4 of a bottle of the green fairy during the first half may have had some account for my confidence in the possibility of a comeback

Comment

Also someone direct GAB to this thread in a few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                    I dunno, you want to see the way he ran in the Aintree tipping comp. Sounds about right.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Rarely do football multiples, even less so win them but fully enjoyed this one, the West Ham comeback to Everton in particular.

1 West Ham Everton v West Ham
                                      (Full Time Result) 05/03/2016 None 5.50 Won
                                      2 Man City -2.0 Man City v Aston Villa
                                      (Asian Handicap) 05/03/2016 None 2.050 Won
                                      3 Bournemouth Newcastle v Bournemouth
                                      (Full Time Result) 05/03/2016 None 3.00 Won
                                      4 Sunderland +1.0 Southampton v Sunderland
                                      (Asian Handicap) 05/03/2016 None 1.825 Won
                                      5 Swansea Swansea v Norwich
                                      (Full Time Result) 05/03/2016 None 2.15 Won
                                      6 Leicester Watford v Leicester
                                      (Full Time Result) 05/03/2016 None 2.60 Won

Comment

Maybe I will just stop posting here all together

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          I dunno, you want to see the way he ran in the Aintree tipping comp. Sounds about right.
                                          That was a bit classic alright and not a Bob on @ 50/1 or 33/1 in the bookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                            It doesn't irritate me as I love to see the bookies bashed plus I don't doubt people so readily in this . What does annoy me is when they don't share the info beforehand. Tis all.
                                            There was a cricket bet yesterday in the indian premier league t20.
                                            It was Aron finch top batsman at 9/2.
                                            Now its 120 balls and he opens the batting.
                                            He had also scored 50s in his last 3 games his form was very good.
                                            His real price was probably 11/4.
                                            He had 3 dot balls and got out for no runs.
                                            People who bet could still see it was a good bet regardless of the result.
                                            If i put it up here and what happened happens its possible the grumbles would be here.
                                            Can see why people are not coinfident about posting tips especially if you have a few losers in a row.

Comment

You took about a grand off the farmer in Corkerys on a horse in Dundalk that same day too. Ye were well pissed so we didn't join ye but you let the whole town know the horse won anyway

Comment

Oner on Leicester Danny Willet double
                                                airport, lol

Comment

I can vouch for the above, especially the Cue Club bit as I was the recipient of most of that Grand.

Comment

Had Willett in the masters, tenner e/w @ 60/1, 740 back. Wasn't on the thread that week to put up that I'd backed him and Fowler.

Comment

Had a great two days over at the festival this year. More or less even on the Thursday thanks to mug treble on the three favs saving the day but friday was special. Max bets on ivanovic and on the fringe ensured that profit was well and truly locked up and we decided that getting destroyed was now the order of the day and that we would throw darts at the last two races. Into the bar and I glance at the card and pick out Tully East and throw 10 ew on it on the tote at c.90/1. The brother picks out his and we then decide to cover each others selections. Tully East briefly looks like it is going to win before fading and hanging on for 4th. The two of us share a fuck it that was close/ how bad look before he looks at his docket and said jesus my fella won it. 14/1. Capped off a class day.

Comment

I backed over 0.5 goals in the Liverpool vs Everton match for €10. Epic scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                          I backed over 0.5 goals in the Liverpool vs Everton match for €10. Epic scenes.
                                                          Please reopen the blog and share the wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            Cash out fast

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                              Please reopen the blog and share the wealth.

The plan is to make it subscription only.

Comment

None boast aftertime but needs ridicule. Was punting a horse in 5.10 Kilbeggan today. €400 win intended bet 3/1. After I clicked bet through I copped I'd bet wrong horse by mistake, Fuck! so quick thoughts, be better to bet two losers in the race rather then see one I meant to bet win not on it, so decide to have a monkey on.
                                                                SPOILER

Yip, bet the wrong fucking horse again, ( should add I'm totally sober at the time ). I'm thinking what a fucking capper and race goes off without time to even think of a way out. Name of winner and intended bet Dontbackme.

Comment

Gong to thro a 50 spot on mullins first 4 favs tomorrow, returns over 1100, May as well as I just shipped the cue clubs monthly for 1150, 110 spend. Going to be a tight finish for the English championship trainers tomorrow. Vroum Vroum Mag is at a very nice price @ 4/5.

Comment

Gong to thro a 50 spot on mullins first 4 favs tomorrow, returns over 1100, May as well as I just shipped the cue clubs monthly for 1150, 110 spend. Going to be a tight finish for the English championship trainers tomorrow. Vroum Vroum Mag is at a very nice price @ 4/5.
                                                                    Pre-timing. ban Imo.

Comment

Why do you think UDS beats SS today? If anything SS should win easier today
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        Why do you think UDS beats SS today? If anything SS should win easier today
                                                                        Woops, 3 of mullins with SS, I have backed SS since his firs run so really love that horse, Voix De Reve might find it tuff with carrying top weight, but that 4 timer has to be worth a 50 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                          Pre-timing. ban Imo.
                                                                          Era it was a bit of both.

This could be a fun thread

Comment

Pre after timing here, backed a fgs treble today with sturridge/pedro/long. Only a free €2 bet but yeah, come on long please for 300+
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                              Pre after timing here, backed a fgs treble today with sturridge/pedro/long. Only a free €2 bet but yeah, come on long please for 300+
                                                                              Done in 15 mins lol

Comment

#40
                                                                                Worst thread in IPB history
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  Worst thread in IPB history
                                                                                  I raise with the book club

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Ffs, 200 double SS Vroum Vroum Mag, 3/1 special, 300 win on Vroum Vroum Mag, and the pull her, still get paid on the single

Comment

#43
                                                                                      £100 Lord Gyllene at 14/1 - 1997 Grand National. Great fckn day altogether.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Had a few free €2 bets on PP as part of the top goal scorer market for the premier league, finally got an accum up with one of them

Last edited by Iago; 24-04-16, 20:16.
                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Lad in work mentioned that Fallon was riding 4 at Ayr for Adrian Keatley. Was on a late lunch so went to the bookies at 2:30. Could only see Fallon with 3 rides for Keatley but trainer had a fourth horse running but it was ridden by an apprentice and Fallon had a ride for another trainer . Eventually decided to go with the 4 Keatley horses rather than Fallons four.

Did a €2 lucky 15 and 3 won returning € 470. Fallon finished 2nd to the apprentice on the last one. Rang the lad from work and he tells me Fallon had rode one in the 2:20 for the trainer, never even thought to look at that race as it was over. When your running well!

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Didn't back Yorkhill at Punchestown in any of my multiples because I knew it wouldn't win

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                              Many moons ago I backed Liverpool to Win 3-0 and 4-0 as scorecast with both Gerard and Torres away to Marseilles in the CL. Gerard scored first and they went 3-0 up with around 15 minutes left. Started laying the shit out of 3-0 on Betfair at various prices and Ryan Babel came off the bench and scored with a minute to go. netted around 8k and then went to the bookies to collect the 6k part in Cash and with the rest of the money bought an engagement ring and proposed within a few weeks.
                                                                                              Nice, what'd you do with he other €7.5k?

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Couldn't see much in the way of value at Punchestown today, so went for a couple of pennies bets for interest:

Tempo Mac and Zabana

26-Apr-16
                                                                                                18:49:14 Doubles (x2) 16:55 Punchestown, 18:40 Punchestown
                                                                                                EW Terms: 1/4 Odds | 4 Places
                                                                                                Betfair Bet ID O/1827593/0000035|Placed: 26-Apr-16 11:55:24 10.00 783.88 Won
                                                                                                26-Apr-16
                                                                                                17:03:05 16:55 Punchestown
                                                                                                Tempo Mac - Each Way
                                                                                                EW Terms: 1/4 Odds | 4 Places
                                                                                                Betfair Bet ID O/1827593/0000034|Placed: 26-Apr-16 11:54:54 26 5.00 83.13 Won

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Have a lovely anti-after timing for you all. I put €100 into skrill of a friend to deposit onto bet365 for the offer tonight. His skrill got temporarily closed because he hadn't verified his account. My first €50 was going on under 2.5, the second was going on 0-0... rigger can confirm all of this as I was drinking with him, I spent 2 hours praying for someone to score 1 fucking goal. Rip €550...... R.I.P. and F.M.L.

edit: forgot the major detail
                                                                                                  Last edited by mdoug; 26-04-16, 23:44.
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Did a treble, 2 match bets in horse races and an in-running U-20 basketball match. I was beat in the 1st match bet or so i thought and the other 2 came in ffs. Then i seen i was paid out as the one i though got chinned in the 1st actually won a short head!. Watch it here i had Pusey's Secret to beat Serradura

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Save my bacon 5/2 & Bailey's mirage Evs €20 Dywer/De Sousa double up.€3 yankee QuantitativeEasing, Bright New Dawn, Missy Tata, Jury Duty got nutted on line for serious $$$ over 3k in the difference... Collected my €500 odd and had it on Invitation only in the last
                                                                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                        Save my bacon 5/2 & Bailey's mirage Evs €20 Dywer/De Sousa double up.€3 yankee QuantitativeEasing, Bright New Dawn, Missy Tata, Jury Duty got nutted on line for serious $$$ over 3k in the difference... Collected my €500 odd and had it on Invitation only in the last
                                                                                                        Was on jury duty too (small atakes). Sick sick sick.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                          Lovely, but bit unlucky there. All heart horse and jockey in the last. Mullins is back in the fold.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            So sick, fancied Jessies Girl but really liked A Toi Phils price w/o at the time and have backed ATP for his last 3 runs and ran an absolute stinker today. Would have been just under 1k for my bet.

Had Vroum Vroum and On the fringe double alright, unreal performance by on the fringe
                                                                                                            Attached Files

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Ship, who wants a gaf?
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Ship, who wants a gaf?
                                                                                                                Need a 4 bed in Portmarnock. How much did you win.
                                                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  30mil ish? Ill go to PP after work to collect and see.
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Ship, who wants a gaf?
                                                                                                                    Well done. Although assuming a max payout of €1m you effectively backed Willett at Evs

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Didn't want to BBV him before he got the nomination but Trump to win the Presidency is my biggest ever bet. Has such a sense of inevitability about it now.

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Also, had to chuckle at this piece http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...ided-on-trump/

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X