Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Old Yesterday, 22:36   #19661
Denny Crane
Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet View Post
If you have an Android phone, can use Google Assistant by holding the home button, or saying 'OK Google'.

Is the Google Home / Google Mini any different?
I'd never use it on the phone. Pure voice is just easier.

Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:41   #19662
jack90210

Germany facing another election, huge blow to Merkel’s agenda. With the 4 Visegrád countries and Austria talking about joining them, UK leaving, Italy likely to swing anti Europe next year in their elections there is interesting times ahead for the EU.
jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:50   #19663
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack90210 View Post
Germany facing another election, huge blow to Merkel’s agenda.
The opposition leader to Merkel is her twin brother. I guess Germany will be grand.

A lot of those Eastern European countries do seem to be problematic all right. It seems like they were added to EU a bit before they were ready.
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:12   #19664
PSV58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5starpool View Post
I don't get these home assistant things. Unless it can cook or clean it's no use to me. I've never (outside of one off novelty factor) done a voice search on the phone, or created an appointment, written a text, etc. that way either.
They are for people who are enthusiastic for the end of privacy (end of privacy for plebs of course ,Zuckerberg and his ilk guard their own tightly)
Reading the forums of enthusiasts of this stuff people who are into it seem pretty simple
PSV58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old Yesterday, 23:34   #19665
The Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby View Post
Watched it this week thinking the exact same as yourself. Episodes 1, 2 & 3 were great, full of action and I thought this is pretty cool. Then episodes 4 to 8 are just the exact same things in different locations around LA. They tried to add some drama where one team tried to poach a guy off another team, set up a meeting between the 3 bosses in a car park which ended up with one telling the other to fuck off and one team had a whinge about how the other do things.

4 or 5 episodes would have been perfect. Probably worth a watch if you're bored or hungover some day
Yeah watched a couple of them and had the same thoughts that while enjoyable it would be hard to keep the same thing interesting over a full season.

They all seem to have a bit of a warped justification system for doing what they do though. Would be refreshing to see one of them admit they're a mercenary or adrenaline junkie instead of fooling themselves that they're not scum and providing a positive service.
Old Yesterday, 23:56   #19666
gorrrr72

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatNav View Post
Vet arrived today at my home 12.30. Lady and a young girl. very very nice and understanding. Freckles didnt even get up off floor , my mother said she fell twice today while walking about house. Vet copped immediately all her muscles were gone in back legs. rubbed her and chatted away . Then explained she was going to sedate her would take ten mins . I was very upset at this point , the ten mins seemed like ages , she deffo fought it. She said she would leave me alone to have time with her to say goodbye. I couldnt do anymore told her to do it .

Then vet shaved freckles leg and put a line thing in for the inevitable needle and told me it was more or less immediate, I watched her stomach rise up and down for maybe one min and that was it. we wrapped her up snugly and she took her away in the quilt she was lying in to be be cremated .

3.10 pm Mia text me from school "what did vet say" as I had told her I needed vet to call that morning
I had to race home barely made it as was doing a sale, just saw her geting off the bus and she got into car loudly laughing that the bus driver was singing Ed sheeran and he was so funny and came bounding in door about her having to make a speech in front of school. She was in flying form. Then said

"what did vet say mammy" I wasnt even looking at her. Lump in my throat and I couldnt say it. " where is freckles "she said . at this point I just had tears streaming down my face, so my mother said " Mia, Freckles was very very sick today , the vet had to put her to sleep "

omg it was awful I have never heard Mia cry so hard or as long as she did , she sat on my lap and cried and cried into me. broke my heart. Had a brief chat I had to go back to work for maybe an hour and half

brought her home a few goodies and she was very down in herself . I went to bed for over an hour at 6 pm as I was just drained and at 7.30 Mia climbed in and we just chatted about freckles , she asked me how it was done and I told her . I also asked would she have liked to be there , she said no Mammy I wouldnt like to see that , so I am so happy I made the right choice. I said Freckles had a great life nearly 16! but unlike us she cant talk and was in terrible pain and it was so unfair to have her that way . she not too bad now , maybe every 30 mins just walks up and puts her arms around me for a long hug.

My co worker picked up this jar for me today, such lovely thought , and I got pics printed
and told mia she would always have it. she started writing a few bits and bobs in it there 30 mins ago .
so thats it , horrible day but such is life . RIP Freckles
Spoiler

Spoiler
Horrible thing to go through but I am glad you switched from telling Mia the dog died to telling her she had to be euthanized. At least you can speak with Mia about it without having to watch what you are saying for fear of her hearing you slip up. She sounds like a well put together child and a credit to you. I'm sure she will come out the other side stronger in the end. RIP Freckles.
gorrrr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old Yesterday, 23:58   #19667
Theresa
lwaysone

Ah here Michelle. You are some woman.
Old Today, 00:04   #19668
CHDog
Creative when bored

Send a message via MSN to CHDog
RIP Freckles
CHDog is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old Today, 00:17   #19669
Mellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamonhonda View Post
Pho Viet is your only man for Asian broths in my opinion. I made some Tom Yum soup last week, somewhere needs to start serving bowls of that up they'll make a fortune
Any thai place should Tom Yum no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
"It wasn’t the White House, it wasn’t the State Department, it wasn’t father LaVar’s so-called people on the ground in China that got his son out of a long term prison sentence - IT WAS ME.”

That's actually insane on many levels.
The full tweet with the Don King reference is even funnier.

Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:20   #19670
FeetMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor View Post
Cerviche is delicious. Didn't realize it was Peruvian. I see it a lot of trendy menus.
Poke is the latest healthy fast food trend out here.
Huge here in Vancouver alright, wouldn't quite be my cuppa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Situation View Post
Ooh I see Netflix have released a series "Shot in the dark" that's basically the film Nightcrawler in real life. Might be interesting.
Don't have an overly keen eye for what quantifies a fine acting performance but Gyllenhaal's performance in Nightcrawler was immense. Have watched it several times now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5starpool View Post
I don't get these home assistant things. Unless it can cook or clean it's no use to me. I've never (outside of one off novelty factor) done a voice search on the phone, or created an appointment, written a text, etc. that way either.
You likely will be in the near future - the digital industry is primed for a global shift in user search. Literally used it for the first time last week for Google Maps and was impressed.
FeetMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:45   #19671
Mellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
The opposition leader to Merkel is her twin brother. I guess Germany will be grand.

A lot of those Eastern European countries do seem to be problematic all right. It seems like they were added to EU a bit before they were ready.

€35 Betfair bonus
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker