Another omaha spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another omaha spot

Have played around 100-200 hands with Villian(BB) on the night, only hands of note were getting them in in normal spots, seems an average player who knows what he is doing

So what I am wondering, is this river ever a raise? I know it's not a fold and is more than likely just a flat call. Just wondering if anyone ever raises for value and make it seem like a bluff

Full Tilt Pot-Limit Omaha, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

CO ($166)
    Button ($1415.50)
    SB ($398.10)
    BB ($323)
    UTG ($288.20)
    Hero (MP) ($353)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4, 6, 3, 8
    UTG bets $12, Hero calls $12, CO calls $12, 2 folds, BB calls $8

Flop: ($50) 10, 5, 3 (4 players)
    BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($50) J (4 players)
    BB bets $26, UTG calls $26, Hero calls $26, 1 fold

River: ($128) 3 (3 players)
    BB bets $70, 1 fold, Hero...[/spoiler]

Villian timebanked for around 15 seconds and bet out 70 - this is why I was considering raising, he was only on 2 tables and had folded on other table. I considered it a sign of weakness tbh but was worried of a-k-q-3 or something of the like.
    Go big or go homeless.

if we raise i don't think we're ever getting called by worse, so we're essentially just turning our hand into a bluff given the fact we have no kicker. i could be wrong don't have the best knowledge of omaha that just seems the kind of situation that we're in no ? all draws have bricked also, could he call with QQ/KK/AA if he thinks we are just raising/potting with the missed draws ?

Comment

Odd preflop call! I think a min raise might get a call.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
        if we raise i don't think we're ever getting called by worse, so we're essentially just turning our hand into a bluff given the fact we have no kicker. i could be wrong don't have the best knowledge of omaha that just seems the kind of situation that we're in no ? all draws have bricked also, could he call with QQ/KK/AA if he thinks we are just raising/potting with the missed draws ?

nah your logic is good except I'm aiming to raise for value not bluff - going with your last sentence as my logic
        The way the guy was playing, I couldn't see him checking the flop into the two of us with a high flush draw or with a set to be honest - the two of us are action players so a bet is good for him, so on the turn I can see him either having jjj or akq/kkq/kqq, or the obvious j-10 is out there too
        On the river I'm ahead of what I would imagine 80% of the hands he has(jj, 3xxx being the main 2 in my head), I am of the belief river shove makes the guy call with kk/qq here but could be wrong obv - hence why I posted it here

I actually shoved the river(won't say outcome yet) but after the hand I started thinking... should it be a flat
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
          Odd preflop call! I think a min raise might get a call.
          Honestly this is an easy call for me... I am what you may call unpredictable*

*fookin fish

forget preflop, I'm a loosey goosey
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

i know you arent asking about preflop etc but i thinks its def a fold pre flop, and most likely a fold on the turn aswell. also think shoving river is the worst option for reasons stated in my first post

Comment

OMG OMG OMG , shocking
              Username please

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                OMG OMG OMG , shocking
                Username please
                2222goodatpoker
                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I put villain on overpair, probably aces, with nut flush draw here.

I assume you took it down.

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
                    I put villain on overpair, probably aces, with nut flush draw here.

I assume you took it down.
                    if villain has this hand he bets the flop close to 100% of the time unless he's looking to c/r get it in.

Comment

Fold that pre.
                      Flop and turn are fine, folding the turn is justifiable.
                      River is never a raise, unfortunately you're priced to call.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        The call preflop is horribly unsustainable. You will go skint in the game if you suggest that this is an easy call on the basis hat you are unpredictable. There is little point fooling yourself to the contrary.

River should be a call. BUT on the basis of your preflop call it is likely that a river raise may get a call if your opponent is clued into your unpredictability. Check the waiting list for the game, if there is more than 10 waiting they know you are unpredictable so the river raise is fine.
                        tbf I might've exaggerated it a wee bit with easy call, it wasn't a snap or anything just the end of a 11 hour all nighter session and was tired and stupidly gambly profits with 2 hands left

opp definitely clued into unpredictability though as we had been playing 3/4 tables together for 2-3 hours

waiting list was 2max so it might've been a flat I guess. I'm tired so my thinking is probably flawed but after putting myself in his position with the range I give him I was just thinking. if I have kk here do I call a shove..
                        as played vs most regs and I often do tbh(apart from ones I've mark that don't make big plays) as I'm thinking its much much more likely to be a bluff shove than to have housed up on river

anyway I appreciate the input all, I know it was a tired call pre but didn't realise how bad it was tbh so at least I learned that

for those who are replying and don't want the result I've spoilered -
                        SPOILER
                        I shoved and he snapped it off with kkqj no spades for a nice payoff for me after a dodge play
                        live and learn but thankfully make money along the way
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                          The call preflop is horribly unsustainable. You will go skint in the game if you suggest that this is an easy call on the basis hat you are unpredictable. There is little point fooling yourself to the contrary.

River should be a call. BUT on the basis of your preflop call it is likely that a river raise may get a call if your opponent is clued into your unpredictability. Check the waiting list for the game, if there is more than 10 waiting they know you are unpredictable so the river raise is fine.
                          Classic, you really are a horrible cnut!

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                            Classic, you really are a horrible cnut!
                            hah I actually liked his reply - probably wouldn't have if I lost .
                            knew pre was spew and tbh I should just shut up as he has jjj there often but just felt as though if I checked it would have been a bad check was all. alone in my thinking in my weird brain as always
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

How are you both so short stacked if you have been playing together for 2-3 hours? Why not top up to 400? I assume this is 2/4?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                How are you both so short stacked if you have been playing together for 2-3 hours? Why not top up to 400? I assume this is 2/4?
                                not been on the same table all the time, 4 table and was changing around when the bad players were busting on my previous tables - also this was shallow stack table and max buyin was 160
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Jesus, he called a shove with Kings up ? Ummm, wow...

Comment

If my calculations are correct Hero is $38 in out of $353 stack after turn, pot is $198 after villain's river bet, Hero shoves for $315, Villain has $215 left.

Some snap call that lol. What is his user name?

Comment

Turn call is horrible too...

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                        Jesus, he called a shove with Kings up ? Ummm, wow...
                                        Well if you see the way the hand played out KK calling here is ok.
                                        Every draw missed and the chances of some donkey having a 3 are rare.
                                        I think every set gets it in on the turn here or flop.
                                        On river villain is betting for value.

Comment

With no suits this is snap fold pre flop , if it was double suited you could consider 3b pre to get it HU as it plays better in a HU pot and plays really bad multi-way.

The J on the turn makes your turn call really bad there are higher straight draw out there. There can never be enough said about drawing to the nuts in PLO. It's something you hear in every PLO strat book/article or w/e for a reason. You make you're money in PLO by drawing to the nuts and having the bigger straights or bigger flushes and playing a solid pre flop starting hand game goes a long way to achieving this.

As played sigh call river too many draws missed and he can be block betting worse.

Comment

fold pre.

Comment

Working...
                                            X