Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet every brexiteer can recite If by rustled Kipling backwards. Awful shite

Comment

Oh and a question can I buy alcohol in dublin flying to London and what is a really good champagne to buy if so? Budget maybe 100 quid. I'll take her for dinner also in case ye think I'm skimping
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Even though it’s still kinda depressing this might be the first George monbiot article I’ve read that didn’t have me reaching for my revolver. Like I’d never even hear of mark Francois until recently but suddenly he makes a twat of himself and he is everywhere. The media are so complicit in what is going on now, more late stage capitalism BS , they need those clicks

Blusterers, braggarts and bigots are being rewarded with platforms that distort our political debate, says Guardian columnist George Monbiot

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
          Oh and a question can I buy alcohol in dublin flying to London and what is a really good champagne to buy if so? Budget maybe 100 quid. I'll take her for dinner also in case ye think I'm skimping
          Ruinart Blanc de Blanc (might not have it in the airport) Can’t go wrong with DOM which is roughly €100
          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Colin Farrell on late late show now,bet they wont even mention his greatest achievement (Miami vice) which elevated him to one of the greatest Irishmen of all time and absolves him of any guilt for any of the other shite he’s been in. Unbelievable

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
              Ruinart Blanc de Blanc (might not have it in the airport) Can’t go wrong with DOM which is roughly €100
              Can I avail of duty free though Ireland to UK? I don't even mind paying full price like. Its just I can't bring liquids as no bag booked on.
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Can I avail of duty free though Ireland to UK? I don't even mind paying full price like. Its just I can't bring liquids as no bag booked on.
                Maybe put the trip back a few weeks and you’ll be good

Comment

No duty free I would have thought. They normally have some decent bottles in the airport though. €100 or slightly over that will get you a really good bottle
                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Pick it up in the airport imo.
                        Bag left at the gate for you
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            If you're spending €100 on a champagne, then may as well check in a bag for €15 anyway.
                            Ryan Air booked Fucking bagging charges all changed again. Think was 28 to put on belt 10kg, yet only 14 I think to carry on. So for 3 days I wasn't booking on a 10kg for double the money.

For the record she doesn't appear to like sweet. We were chatting about gin said her fav is Tanqueray 10 or Hendricks. I said I love beefeater pink which she said ew nooo far too sweet for me.
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

I too have watched the Partridge clip many times this week, ironic given that I turned off the episode live with 10 mins to go.

Speaking of great TV I recently got into The Line of Duty on Netflix. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen, phenomenally good, and I'm not one for cop shows bar The Wire, Southland, and some of The Shield.

Comment

Wow great minds. Saw SatNavs post and went looking for a nice Ruinart in Dublin. I'd go for this Ruinart Rose.

Definitely wouldn't bring Veuve, Moet etc brandnames. Ruinart is sufficiently distinct, plus the Rose makes it a bit fun too.

You'd need to put it in a checked in bag. Comes in a nice solid box so unlikely to be affected by travel. Then again if you are travelling by Ryanair then everything is checked in now.
                                Ruinart Rose is not a pick on LeClerc Briant and for €30/bottle cheaper it’d fantastic. Hard to get in Ireland but we’ll worth digging.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                I too have watched the Partridge clip many times this week, ironic given that I turned off the episode live with 10 mins to go.

Speaking of great TV I recently got into The Line of Duty on Netflix. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen, phenomenally good, and I'm not one for cop shows bar The Wire, Southland, and some of The Shield.
                                Also liked Happy Valley, but LOD marginally better. BBC have done some crackers.

Comment

Comment

Heh, excellent sir.
                                    I did mention this to mother today who is currently obsessed with Brexit lol
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      Twitter just exploding with the information, been a slog trying to get through.
                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Rabbits trolling the geegees at Dundalk.

You think you’ve seen everything…Do you remember the iconic episode of Father Ted when the Craggy Island parochial house gets...

Comment

New season on BBC at the end of the month. Great show

Comment

By taking back control the UK has shown that it's out of control.For tickets to see Jonathan Pie: The Fake News Tour go to http://jonathanpie.com

A bit of bile with your breakfast
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                              Rabbits trolling the geegees at Dundalk.

https://www.joe.ie/sport/two-horny-r...-riding-662920
                                              Not even the right species.

Very good showing by GAB on Racing TV last night. They still have a way to go to get the lightness of touch that ATR had with Irish racing but having more well informed Irish voices who can string a sentence to together is going in the right direction ... even if they can't tell a rabbit from a hare
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Also liked Happy Valley, but LOD marginally better. BBC have done some crackers.
                                                Close between Happy Valley & Line of Duty for me. Broadchurch was good too, Wallander failed to keep me interested though.
                                                Outside of the UK I thought The Killing was excellent too, generally I prefer the UK BBC dramas but it was one of the best.
                                                The Fall worth a mention too though slightly different genre.

Comment

This guy, AvE has a decent take on the crashes, explains what appears to have happened in lay mans terms.

His channel is very funny, one of the smartest youtubers i have come across for his depth of knowledge of most things mechanical.

Water cooler discussion of the Lion Air 610 disaster and similarities with Ethiopia's Boeing 737 Max disaster. Your considered and respectful comments are ap...

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  Actually was an interesting vid posted on boards aviation forum about some whistleblowing from former Boeing employees about concerns with the manufacture of the Boeing 737 next generation, which are now around a while and probably flown on regularly by all of us

WARNING Boeing DID THE REPORT TO THE FFA , OF ITS NON COMPLIANCE 31MIN 02 SECOND IN THE INVESTIGATION (THIS VIDEO IS NOT FOR UNITED STATES CITIZENS TO VIEW,...

Author, Film-Maker & Investigative Journalist

The hearing will be the culmination of a 10-year battle by three very brave whistleblowers (and their lawyers) to expose potentially “catastrophic” construction flaws which may affect the quallity and safety of more than 1600 of the world’s most commonly-used passenger planes. It has been, from the outset, a David v. Goliath battle. Or rather a David v. two Goliaths. Boeing is a $90-billion p.a. behemoth: it is the world’s second-biggest aircraft manufacturer and for much of its recent history has been the second largest defence equipment supplier to the United States Government.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Cliffs on the report? Who's going to be paying for the creamed spinach?

Comment

FF selected the G GD of Lemass as a local candidate.

I get FFs reasoning here. One of the reasons I went on a couple of dates with her was because she was the great granddaughter of Sean Lemass you'd have to take the name is if it worked out
                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 23-03-19, 11:19.

Comment

New season of Line of Duty is back in April too.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Wow if this is true Boeing might as well just close up shop.

Safety features implicated in the Lion crash are sold as an optional extra
                                                                  Most new cars have optional safety packs. When your Uber arrives do you ever wonder if the safety pack is installed?
                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

You can't bate a good rounders review.

The ones he used to put up where he went on dates of mutual misunderstanding with various foreign birds were classics of the genre!
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Shippage weekend in the great Aintree tipping competition.

A chance to live in the comfort with which Rounders has so recently become accustomed to.
                                                                      Aintree isn't until the week after next surely

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                        Most new cars have optional safety packs. When your Uber arrives do you ever wonder if the safety pack is installed?
                                                                        Its not missing a yoke that tells the driver that it is trying to autopilot me off a cliff

The business model raises questions for self drive cars, you can't allow any more or less of a safety standard for one model of car over another. It shouldn't matter if its a Micra or a Masarati.

Comment

Comment

Good hussle Hitchhiker's Guide To.... Jasus I must have been drunk writing that just reading it back!.
                                                                            Anyway shipped the Aintree bullet.

SPOILER
                                                                            Last edited by rounders123; 23-03-19, 15:30.

Comment

Of course i didnt have him backed...
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Rumours May will resign this evening.
                                                                                Also rumours RE Delaney resigning too

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                  15/2 May to cease to be PM in March on PP...
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

"Put it to the People" placards and banners spell out protesters' demand for a say on the Brexit deal.

On the back of the marches?
                                                                                    Not a chance imo

Comment

Though right about delaney

Comment

Delaney assuming a different role other than CEO.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Executive Vice President, a new role created by himself for himself.

There must be more to the 100K loan and they think by moving him out of the CEO role, the attention will go away

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                            Executive Vice President, a new role created by himself for himself.

There must be more to the 100K loan and they think by moving him out of the CEO role, the attention will go away
                                                                                            Seems kinda baffling, I'd agree in your assessment there must be something more to this "loan".

Comment

Unfuckingreal.

The balls on the cunt. It's shocking. Someone with power needs to stick their nose in and stick the nails in his coffin.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                Not even the right species.

Very good showing by GAB on Racing TV last night. They still have a way to go to get the lightness of touch that ATR had with Irish racing but having more well informed Irish voices who can string a sentence to together is going in the right direction ... even if they can't tell a rabbit from a hare
                                                                                                gnatpicker

Comment

Hitch inspired me to look for other rounders classics.

This is a favourite.

Comment

Send a cheque for £0.58p
                                                                                                    Not available in NI

Comment

It's some shit show this Delaney thing. It's great!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                        It's no Brexit though

Comment

Pretty impressive clip that Brexit petition has been hoovering up signatures. 4.7m in less than a week.

Not that it changes a damn thing.

Comment

So who's the next PM?

Lidington seems like a technocratic choice @ 7s?

Comment

'The Defiant ones' on Netflix is brilliant Sat night viewing.
                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                This reminds me of FIFA under Blatter, what can be done in the FAI?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  'The Defiant ones' on Netflix is brilliant Sat night viewing.
                                                                                                                  It's fantastic, when you're finished it source Deathrow Chronicles.

Comment

So who's the next PM?

Have give @ 9s from ages ago.

Comment

So who's the next PM?

@SamCoatesTimes: Two sources tonight are both making the same unverified claim: that the only person Mrs May would hand premiership to / be willing to see as leader is Lidington. Otherwise she’ll resign as leader and force them to an immediate contest.

Lidington won’t rip up her entire record
                                                                                                                      Shared via TweetCaster
                                                                                                                      Might be money

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X