Irish Poker Boards
Irish Open 2019 - 2
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Old Yesterday, 22:14   #50681
PSV58

Even though itís still kinda depressing this might be the first George monbiot article Iíve read that didnít have me reaching for my revolver. Like Iíd never even hear of mark Francois until recently but suddenly he makes a twat of himself and he is everywhere. The media are so complicit in what is going on now, more late stage capitalism BS , they need those clicks

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e_iOSApp_Other
PSV58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:22   #50682
elbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatNav View Post
Oh and a question can I buy alcohol in dublin flying to London and what is a really good champagne to buy if so? Budget maybe 100 quid. I'll take her for dinner also in case ye think I'm skimping
Ruinart Blanc de Blanc (might not have it in the airport) Canít go wrong with DOM which is roughly Ä100
Old Yesterday, 22:25   #50683
PSV58

Colin Farrell on late late show now,bet they wont even mention his greatest achievement (Miami vice) which elevated him to one of the greatest Irishmen of all time and absolves him of any guilt for any of the other shite heís been in. Unbelievable
Old Yesterday, 22:28   #50684
SatNav
Oink Oink

Send a message via MSN to SatNav
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
Ruinart Blanc de Blanc (might not have it in the airport) Canít go wrong with DOM which is roughly Ä100
Can I avail of duty free though Ireland to UK? I don't even mind paying full price like. Its just I can't bring liquids as no bag booked on.
Old Yesterday, 22:35   #50685
PSV58

Quote:
Can I avail of duty free though Ireland to UK? I don't even mind paying full price like. Its just I can't bring liquids as no bag booked on.
Maybe put the trip back a few weeks and youíll be good
Old Yesterday, 22:36   #50686
elbows

Quote:
No duty free I would have thought. They normally have some decent bottles in the airport though. Ä100 or slightly over that will get you a really good bottle
Old Yesterday, 22:45   #50687
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Quote:
Oh and a question can I buy alcohol in dublin flying to London and what is a really good champagne to buy if so? Budget maybe 100 quid. I'll take her for dinner also in case ye think I'm skimping
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
Ruinart Blanc de Blanc (might not have it in the airport) Can’t go wrong with DOM which is roughly €100
Wow great minds. Saw SatNavs post and went looking for a nice Ruinart in Dublin. I'd go for this Ruinart Rose.

Definitely wouldn't bring Veuve, Moet etc brandnames. Ruinart is sufficiently distinct, plus the Rose makes it a bit fun too.

You'd need to put it in a checked in bag. Comes in a nice solid box so unlikely to be affected by travel. Then again if you are travelling by Ryanair then everything is checked in now.
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old Yesterday, 22:47   #50688
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

If you're spending €100 on a champagne, then may as well check in a bag for €15 anyway.
Old Yesterday, 22:52   #50689
DeadParrot
Grand High Wizard

Pick it up in the airport imo.
Bag left at the gate for you
DeadParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:53   #50690
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Think they give you sealed bags you can carry on in Dublin Airport? If no Ruinart then I'd be tempted more by bringing something with a bit of local 'providence' like e.g. Dingle Gin. These folks of wealth tend to value providence much more than anything else.
Old Yesterday, 22:57   #50691
SatNav
Oink Oink

Send a message via MSN to SatNav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
If you're spending Ä100 on a champagne, then may as well check in a bag for Ä15 anyway.
Ryan Air booked Fucking bagging charges all changed again. Think was 28 to put on belt 10kg, yet only 14 I think to carry on. So for 3 days I wasn't booking on a 10kg for double the money.

For the record she doesn't appear to like sweet. We were chatting about gin said her fav is Tanqueray 10 or Hendricks. I said I love beefeater pink which she said ew nooo far too sweet for me.
Old Yesterday, 23:05   #50692
hotspur
Intensely rational
Space Invaders Champion

I too have watched the Partridge clip many times this week, ironic given that I turned off the episode live with 10 mins to go.

Speaking of great TV I recently got into The Line of Duty on Netflix. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen, phenomenally good, and I'm not one for cop shows bar The Wire, Southland, and some of The Shield.
hotspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:32   #50693
Goodluck2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
Wow great minds. Saw SatNavs post and went looking for a nice Ruinart in Dublin. I'd go for this Ruinart Rose.

Definitely wouldn't bring Veuve, Moet etc brandnames. Ruinart is sufficiently distinct, plus the Rose makes it a bit fun too.

You'd need to put it in a checked in bag. Comes in a nice solid box so unlikely to be affected by travel. Then again if you are travelling by Ryanair then everything is checked in now.
Ruinart Rose is not a pick on LeClerc Briant and for Ä30/bottle cheaper itíd fantastic. Hard to get in Ireland but weíll worth digging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspur View Post
I too have watched the Partridge clip many times this week, ironic given that I turned off the episode live with 10 mins to go.

Speaking of great TV I recently got into The Line of Duty on Netflix. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen, phenomenally good, and I'm not one for cop shows bar The Wire, Southland, and some of The Shield.
Also liked Happy Valley, but LOD marginally better. BBC have done some crackers.
Goodluck2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:50   #50694
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSV58 View Post
Maybe put the trip back a few weeks and youíll be good
Heh, excellent sir.
Thanks From:
Old Yesterday, 23:55   #50695
SatNav