Galway sat. opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galway sat. opinions please

[/B]Poker Stars €70+€7 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t25/t50 Blinds - 8 players - View hand 1532260
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): t8304 166.08 BBs
    UTG: t4440 88.80 BBs
    UTG+1: t5071 101.42 BBs
    MP1: t5205 104.10 BBs
    MP2: t5370 107.40 BBs
    CO: t4195 83.90 BBs
    BTN: t3583 71.66 BBs
    SB: t4650 93 BBs

Pre Flop: (t75) Hero is BB with 5 :spade: 5 :diamond:
    2 folds, MP1 raises to t125, 1 fold, CO calls t125, BTN calls t125, 1 fold, Hero calls t75

Flop: (t525) 5 :club: 8 :heart: 6 :club: (4 players)
    Hero checks, MP1 bets t325, CO folds, BTN raises to t700, [color=red]

hero?

No info on anyone, about 15 hands in, table playing standard tightish this early, I've been the most active, been to showdown twice and had the goods both times.
    Is the minraise always a made hand or are there draws in his range?

Sorry but there aint no way I aint getting it all in here with a fist pump, set over set ul.

Comment

raise pre

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
        raise pre
        You 3-bet pre OOP with 55?? No way

Comment

Draws/combo draws have to be in his range here! Raiser, MP1 has a much wider range IMO. Raise and see where we are. I don't think he has a set here all that often, more likely draw/draw + pair kinda hands! Make it 1.5k/1.7k and go from there

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
            You 3-bet pre OOP with 55?? No way
            Yes, people are too predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
              Draws/combo draws have to be in his range here! Raiser, MP1 has a much wider range IMO. Raise and see where we are. I don't think he has a set here all that often, more likely draw/draw + pair kinda hands! Make it 1.5k/1.7k and go from there
              When you say raise and see where we are what do you mean?

If you get some heat action back fold?
              were probably raising here with the best hand
              pre flop is fine
              i reraise with a set here anyways even if his small raise to mp1 looks strong .

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                When you say raise and see where we are what do you mean?

If you get some heat action back fold?
                were probably raising here with the best hand
                pre flop is fine
                i reraise with a set here anyways even if his small raise to mp1 looks strong .
                MP1 may raise/shove and BTN gets it in aswell. THen it becomes an easy fold. I don't think I can fold to a BTN shove on it's own however, and the raise gives us alot more information on his range.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                  Sorry but there aint no way I aint getting it all in here with a fist pump, set over set ul.
                  Why does it have to be a set? Would button raise small with a set, giving draws a great price to continue?

Comment

You are 15 hands in to the tournament, youve been to the river twice already where you had the goods, and now youve flopped a set (you must be running real hot!!) . Re-raise the 700 to about 1800 and put the decision back on them.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                      Why does it have to be a set? Would button raise small with a set, giving draws a great price to continue?
                      Not saying it is a set, most times I run into this bet it is a FD looking you to check the turn so he gets a freebie. Im saying I get it in here and if you run into a bigger set here its ul.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                        Not saying it is a set, most times I run into this bet it is a FD looking you to check the turn so he gets a freebie. Im saying I get it in here and if you run into a bigger set here its ul.
                        Yeah sorry misread your post, edited my own above to clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                          You are 15 hands in to the tournament, youve been to the river twice already where you had the goods, and now youve flopped a set (you must be running real hot!!) . Re-raise the 700 to about 1800 and put the decision back on them.
                          I take it we snap call a shove then?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Well, I do anyway!!

Comment

I bet out somewhere between 250-300, cant risk it being checked around without starting to build the pot imo.
                                As played raise now, if they both get it all in then we can fold like tglynn said.

Comment

Well, I do anyway!!
                                  Of course, I suppose what I meant was any merit in shoving ourselves since we're committed anyway?

Comment

Of course, I suppose what I meant was any merit in shoving ourselves since we're committed anyway?

Well if one of them is on a draw or a funky 2 pair,, I dont really want to fold him out. Leave some room to hang himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                      I bet out somewhere between 250-300, cant risk it being checked around without starting to build the pot imo.
                                      As played raise now, if they both get it all in then we can fold like tglynn said.
                                      Yeah, have to agree with this, check was bad into three players on such a wet board.

Comment

Yeah, have to agree with this, check was bad into three players on such a wet board.
                                        I don't think check is terrible, depending on how often MP1 c.bets of course. And as long your line is to c/raise with the intention of getting it in on the flop!

Comment

Are you advocating a fold if we reraise to 1,800 here? Worst case scenario is we lose to MP1 and are left with 60 bbs, lose to button and we have 100 bbs left.

Best case scenario: we take mp1's stack with an overpair, or we get buttons stack who has 2 pair or a draw.

I cant see how we can fold here having reraised.

Comment

Do you think the MP1 will 4-bet get it in with an overpair on this board? If MP1 and BTN both shove then folding is a valid option!

Comment

I think op has played the hand like a draw, and if mp1 has a big pair, he might take him on hoping button releases. If ive put 1800 in that pot by reraising there, then I dont intent folding for the amount they have left.

If we get in in against both players, i doubt we are behind to mp1, so possibly we lose to button, but we get the sidepot of 1500 back from mp1 and are left with 6.5k. approx
                                              I cant fold in that spot, but thats only my opinion!
                                              Last edited by connie147; 26-11-11, 23:41.

Comment

Would play same only increase the size of raise to maybe 325 - 375 with such a wet board. A call from the initial raiser is giving nearly 4/1 odds for the second player on a very draw heavy board.

Same as (tglynn) for as played now though...........
                                                sigpic

Comment

Are you advocating a fold if we reraise to 1,800 here? Worst case scenario is we lose to MP1 and are left with 60 bbs, lose to button and we have 100 bbs left.

Best case scenario: we take mp1's stack with an overpair, or we get buttons stack who has 2 pair or a draw.
                                                  I would of bet out so the hand would take a different course of action, i think its the best line.

il admit i didnt realise effective stacks were as low but my raise wouldnt be 1800 anyway closer to 1375-1450 is enough to induce & yeh i may fold but again i wouldnt of took this line and i dont think this spot will come up enough (-v- 2 all ins etc) to worry about it too much.

I cant see how we can fold here having reraised.
                                                  Even if they both had us covered?

Comment

I would of bet out so the hand would take a different course of action, i think its the best line.

il admit i didnt realise effective stacks were as low but my raise wouldnt be 1800 anyway closer to 1375-1450 is enough to induce & yeh i may fold but again i wouldnt of took this line and i dont think this spot will come up enough (-v- 2 all ins etc) to worry about it too much.

Even if they both had us covered?
                                                    Yeah, so would I have bet out, but Im just covering the hand as it was played and the decision he is facing now. I presume because the hand is up in the 1st place that the op either got it in and lost or finished up folding the best hand. But thats inconsequental to the arguement really.

If they both have us covered, then the decision is quite different if I reraise that flop and they both have me covered. I still might get it in, but Id have to put more thought into it. But with the stacks the way they are in this example, once I reraise that flop as he did, i do so to call them off if shoved on.

Connie

Comment

Working...
                                                    X