• Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do do with QQ late on in 50k guaranteed

22k with ave 14 k
    blinds 300-600

QQ ung i make it 1433
    cut off raises to 3600

i have a very bad feeling as have lots of notes on the guy, plays a solid game so i can narrow down his 3 bet range and he is playing 25 k

i decide to just call and my plan of action is im playing the pot post flop with no A or K.

flop comes J J 2
    i check and he makes it 4k about a 70 % pot bet.
    i can put him on
    AA
    KK
    AK
    AQ
    10 10 etc also some combo with a j

I really feel like folding in this spot but at the last minute decide to shove as if i min raise him and he shoves im caught not knowing where i am with half my stack in the middle.

opinions please
    should i have 4 bet him pre and called or folded to a shove
    led the flop and folded or called a shove
    folded to his c bet onn the flop or called or raised.
    http://paullucey.blogspot.com/

how active have you been from ep? if you've been snug, showing down solid hands etc I may lean toward a fold but it's a super tough spot.I dont like shoving tbh though cos' TT is the only hand he may call with that we beat, every thing else has us crushed so we're essentially bluffing with no F.E against better hands which is ki....

if you're deciding to go with the hand (as you did) i call, & c/c a non A/K turn, you'll likley get to cheap showdown against TT this way any way

otherwise i jus puke fold and hope for better spots (most likley given your knowledge of villain)
    pre can go either way, flatting against an aggro player is fine, in this instance however his c-bet size seems big though (?) which I would prob take as the necessary excuse to make a tough fold and thank him

Comment

Its a tough spot alright. You didnt like the hand from the start but ended up putting in your full stack. If we work off the range you have given him, which is very tight. Then if he has AA, KK or any J then he calls you. If he has AK, AQ, 1010 then he most likely folds.

If you are getting it in, as you did, then calling down is better as it lets him barrell off the hands you beat. Calling down on that board may also get a check out of him on one or maybe two streets if he is as tight as you say with hands that beat you (AA,KK).

I dont like the logic of waiting for a no A no K flop before getting it in with QQ. You dont have enough to set mine so I would advise either 3 bet/call a shove or fold.

That being said interested to read other thoughts on the hand.

Comment

If he's as tight as you say, just call the flop bet and re-evaluate on the turn. Your call should be seen as pretty strong vs a player like that and you can release if he bets the turn knowing you're probably smoked. You might even get a cheap showdown if he's that tight.

There's still just over a full psb left to play on the turn so we can make our decision there.

Shoving the flop is the worst play you can make. Almost all worse hands will fold and no better hands fold.

Comment

As mentioned, if that is his range, then shoving allows him to play perfectly agiasnt you. And shoving has to be -EV. So checking and evaluatign turn is best imo.

Comment

never raising flop here, I don't like 4bet call pre cos he doesn't stack off with jj unless he's a total donk. check call the flop and see what he does, I don't think he double barrels this board as s bluff so turns an easy check fold. if turn goes check check and he bets river I strongly consider throwing it away

Comment

Hold on just get it in pre what's the big deal

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
                Hold on just get it in pre what's the big deal
                defo wit your image maccer but doubt there's a dynamic here

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
                  defo wit your image maccer but doubt there's a dynamic here
                  Thats the thing though it really all depends on the dynamic between the 2 players I wanted to say it but wasnt sure how to describe it..
                  If villan is tight and hero is tight then its a way harder spot than if villan is loose and hero is loose..

But it has been said if you goin to put all your chips in do it on a later street on flop your only getting called by better..

Also did he actually bet 70% of pot or 4k because 4k is less than half with antes with the action unless my math is off as it could be. 70% pot seems a wierd sizing for a good + opponent on this board...
                  If it wasn't for variance i'd lose em all.

http://twitter.com/#!/NiallSmythers

Comment

No need to shove really, keep villains range as wide as possible, call pre and continue calling, then berate him for five hours when he rivers an ace and shows you A4.
                    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
                    X