Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw a decent sized private jet fly overhead. First plane all day. We’d normally see a fair few vapour trails heading to the US and canaries. Quiet bliss here at the moment. I think there will be a real push on carbon reduction post this crisis.

Every cloud has a silver lining.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
      What's the details? Also the mind boggles why they don't include both legs.
      Two options, full refund or change the dates for free, I havent opened the links, waiting for the second email

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        That's a new order of difficulty.

The only one I know for sure is
        SPOILER
        Ze Fallen Madonna with ze Beeg Boobies
        Way outta my league...is 4
        SPOILER
        Dempsey & Makepeace
        Man she was hot even if thats her in a different programme.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
            Bring back Icarus and The Rigger, and both PasTa and RasTa
            Must root out that avatar. Greatest avatar in the history of avatars.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
              Just saw a decent sized private jet fly overhead. First plane all day. We’d normally see a fair few vapour trails heading to the US and canaries. Quiet bliss here at the moment. I think there will be a real push on carbon reduction post this crisis.

Every cloud has a silver lining.
              did you see the news piece on Venice where they showed fish in clean canals for the first time in decades.

There was a squirrel looking in the window earlier. His expression said "it's our time now fuckers".
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Bring back Icarus and The Rigger, and both PasTa and RasTa
                Supposedly going up a mountain tomorrow with Icarus, Rigger and mdoug. Will report back. Might try and get them back for a couple of corona. Although let's face it, Rigger could easily be among us already😂
                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

That's a new order of difficulty.

The only one I know for sure is
                  SPOILER
                  Ze Fallen Madonna with ze Beeg Boobies
                  Sorry maybe too hard a few of those shows in hindsight but would have been good spots. I thought with pictures added it would help more. I was all about British sitcoms growing up, ill post up results later. And yes correct on that one.
                  Its just that it irks me these fcukers you hear who proclaim ''Ah I loved dads Army always watched it, fcukin watched it over and over'' Yet wouldnt care to know a couple of the more fringe characters. Not suggesting there is any here.

I suspect Ricky Hatton is one of those his passion was Only Fools and Horses, and drives a replica 3 wheeler. Hes a massive fan. But I bet he doesnt know the barmans name.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                    You can apply for a refund or alternate dates.
                    Can I apply for a refund now or do I have to wait for an email about cancellation?
                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

They want you to change dates, the price will come in higher. Wait till flight is cancelled so you have no option obv to get on flight then you apply for a refund which at the minute is, a complete fucking nightmare, as when you go to page it will tell you your reservation number is wrong among other things.

I know all this as I'm part of a Fuerteventura group on fb and I have a few, flights booked this year. Nobody yet as far as I know has successfully got a, refund only ripped off handing out same money again on cost of changing flight
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                          Sorry maybe too hard a few of those shows in hindsight but would have been good spots. I thought with pictures added it would help more. I was all about British sitcoms growing up, ill post up results later. And yes correct on that one.
                          Its just that it irks me these fcukers you hear who proclaim ''Ah I loved dads Army always watched it, fcukin watched it over and over'' Yet wouldnt care to know a couple of the more fringe characters. Not suggesting there is any here.

I suspect Ricky Hatton is one of those his passion was Only Fools and Horses, and drives a replica 3 wheeler. Hes a massive fan. But I bet he doesnt know the barmans name.
                          SPOILER
                          Roy
                          ?

I remember Boycie and his dubious wife

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                            Can I apply for a refund now or do I have to wait for an email about cancellation?
                            Always wait for cancellation.

Comment

SPOILER
                              Roy
                              ?

I remember Boycie and his dubious wife
                              If its the barman you mean then no
                              SPOILER
                              It was Mike

Roy Slater was the bent copper who appeared now and then. What a character.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                From the Irish Times. Yep.

Youd think "dont get with randomers" is enough there, id imagine in a typical scenario a few germs would be swapped prior to diving into someones arse
                                airport, lol

Comment

If its the barman you mean then no
                                  SPOILER
                                  It was Mike

Roy Slater was the bent copper who appeared now and then. What a character.
                                  ah yeah, got them mixed up. He was a classic alright.

It all went downhill when they introduced Del's live-in lady friend imo

Comment

Crosspost from IPBCOOP thread. Get in. Get involved!

Password now sent to 16 players, and 13 in the club at the moment. €110 in the prizepool.

Please make sure to ship 10e funds in EUR and not USD. Not gonna fall out over a euro though

Flushdraw
                                    Oleras
                                    Premierstone
                                    coillcam
                                    Pat Mustard
                                    starofcctv4
                                    Strewepeter
                                    Denny Crane
                                    KK82
                                    Shrapnel
                                    cardshark202
                                    tipp86
                                    noname1255
                                    poprock
                                    TheJiggaman
                                    mickste

Comment

1.) Name of Granvilles girlfriend in Open all Hours

2.) Sir name of Fletchers cellmate

3.) Name the show

4.) Name the show. Bonus point for name of the Chief Super pictured.

5.) Name the show

6.) Name the show

7.) Name the show

8.) Whos is pictured with Basil

9.) What was the name ofelusive painting called in Allo Alo

10.) Dads Army name the soldier in the middle
                                      Jesus, that's tough

SPOILER

1. No idea, never watched it
                                      2. Lennie Goodber or something like that, Jesus, watched so may reruns of Porridge, can't believe I'm not certain on this
                                      3. Fella on the right is so familair but can't name the show
                                      4. Dempsey & Makepiece. She was the first person I got a horn to, it was a golden age. Chief Super was Gordon something, no idea of his surname
                                      5. I know the faces in this but can't for the life of me think of the name
                                      6. Same as number 5, this will bug me
                                      7. Can't think of the name but was it the US one that your man from little house on a praire was an angel in? May be totally wrong on this one
                                      8. No idea
                                      9. No idea
                                      10. No idea

Mike was the barman, or at least the owner of The Nags head

Comment

Youd think "dont get with randomers" is enough there, id imagine in a typical scenario a few germs would be swapped prior to diving into someones arse
                                        You've obviously never heard the term, "straight in, no kissing"

Comment

South Korea back on track with 84 today.

Comment

ah yeah, got them mixed up. He was a classic alright.

It all went downhill when they introduced Del's live-in lady friend imo
                                            Never a truer word. Cassandra was a right pain in the hole too which didnt help. That was acceptable if it was just that but they should never have brought in a longstanding love interest for Del. Then jumped the shark when in the money.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              South Korea back on track with 84 today.
                                              If shit hits the fan here, are you interested in us sharing an apartment over there?

We have one lad working with us and he's gone off the deep end completely.

Way beyond fear now, I'm talking Irish government conspiracy theories. For example, the guy that recovered from it appearing on Claire Byrne a few weeks ago sounding "way too scripted".

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                Jesus, that's tough

Results
                                                SPOILER
                                                Nurse Gladys Emmanuel

Godber

3.) Name the show
                                                It Ain't Half Hot, Mum

Dempsey and Makepiece, Bonus Gordon Spikings

5.) Name the show
                                                Fresh Fields

6.) Name the show
                                                Ever decreasing circles

7.) Name the show
                                                Our House

Lord Melbury

The Fallen Madonna(with the big boobies by Van Clomp)

Sponge

SPOILER

1. No idea, never watched it
                                                2. Lennie Goodber or something like that, Jesus, watched so may reruns of Porridge, can't believe I'm not certain on this
                                                3. Fella on the right is so familair but can't name the show
                                                4. Dempsey & Makepiece. She was the first person I got a horn to, it was a golden age. Chief Super was Gordon something, no idea of his surname
                                                5. I know the faces in this but can't for the life of me think of the name
                                                6. Same as number 5, this will bug me
                                                7. Can't think of the name but was it the US one that your man from little house on a praire was an angel in? May be totally wrong on this one
                                                8. No idea
                                                9. No idea
                                                10. No idea

Mike was the barman, or at least the owner of The Nags head
                                                SPOILER
                                                Well done on Dempsey and Makepiece and your getting the bonus pts too just for Gordon. She was hot if a little too angelic.
                                                You get Godber too and you were getting there with the US show Our House. Always has a moral message without being too preachy. So yeah Highway to heaven style i suppose. That fella fixed a few wagons along the way in his own way, was nobodys fool. He was in Cocoon too.
                                                This makes you the runaway winner with Raoul Duke a gallant silver medallist.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                  Well done on Dempsey and Makepiece and your getting the bonus pts too just for Gordon. She was hot if a little too angelic.
                                                  You get Godber too and you were getting there with the US show Our House. Always has a moral message without being too preachy. So yeah Highway to heaven style i suppose. That fella fixed a few wagons along the way in his own way, was nobodys fool. He was in Cocoon too.
                                                  This makes you the runaway winner with Raoul Duke a gallant silver medallist.
                                                  Whispering Grass dont tell the trees cause the trees dont need to know SHUT UPPPPPP

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                    Whispering Grass dont tell the trees cause the trees dont need to know SHUT UPPPPPP
                                                    The rest missed the last call for the trolley cart, 'next stop Portarlington'.
                                                    You use it or you lose it.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Despite doing a masters specifically in banking (where my notable achievement in 2000 was writing a thesis advocating a bright future for mortgage-backed securities), I can never quite remember precisely how money works.

Would anyone know: US will probably need to borrow $2 trillion this year (the trillion already planned, plus the extra trillion from the planned corona package). Where are they going to get that money given no-one in the world will have the money to give them? Especially with US interest rates at 0%.
                                                          Your good friend China - They already hold a shit tonne of US debt so an extra trillion won't phase them.

Comment

Jockey injured at Dundalk and taken to hospital. Why is racing going ahead potentially putting unnecessary stress on the health system? It seems egregious at this stage.

Comment

We're still selling at negative yields. I don't think they'll have to worry about buyerrs. And there's always the Fed.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                                                                Jockey injured at Dundalk and taken to hospital. Why is racing going ahead potentially putting unnecessary stress on the health system? It seems egregious at this stage.
                                                                It is.

Comment

Despite doing a masters specifically in banking (where my notable achievement in 2000 was writing a thesis advocating a bright future for mortgage-backed securities), I can never quite remember precisely how money works.

Would anyone know: US will probably need to borrow $2 trillion this year (the trillion already planned, plus the extra trillion from the planned corona package). Where are they going to get that money given no-one in the world will have the money to give them? Especially with US interest rates at 0%.
                                                                  Seriously? Interest rates are the price the market charges for lending money. This whole story is not about the equity market falls its about how stupidity cheap it is for governments to borrow money. Helicopter money all around until that changes....now that will be one big bubble popping!!
                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

GAB's woodcraft is no surprise, hes got it in the blood. Heres his great grandfather.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Betting suspended.

Test came back negative.
                                                                      Last edited by Closed_Account; 20-03-20, 17:11.

Comment

Anything that can go ahead with minimal threat of spreading infection should imo once correct procedures are in place.

I'd imagine one injured jockey make up a very, very tiny % of workplace accidents today nationally. And there are more people outside my window currently than at Dundalk racecourse.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                          Supposedly going up a mountain tomorrow with Icarus, Rigger and mdoug. Will report back. Might try and get them back for a couple of corona. Although let's face it, Rigger could easily be among us already😂
                                                                          I imagine Rigger is flossing on tiktok and hasnt got time for us old fogeys
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

beautiful champ
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

As a huge racing fan, I couldnt agree more, it's wreckless and self serving at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                Betting suspended.

Test came back negative.
                                                                                Question Sam - how did they phrase did they use the word negative or something like not-positive?

Comment

Last chance saloon to get involved. These games kick off in just over an hour. Over 15 fish in the club, so will be a bit of fun.

Comment

Betting suspended.

Test came back negative.
                                                                                    Good stuff! But more importantly are you top of the league yet?

Comment

Betting suspended.

Test came back negative.
                                                                                      For now. Remain vigilant.

Still offering16s

Congrats .

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                        Question Sam - how did they phrase did they use the word negative or something like not-positive?
                                                                                        When I used to go for HIV tests every six months (I was a bit of a slut) they'd always say negative, and everytime it took a second for it to register as a good thing.
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Aldi wine delivery arriving in the next hour.

WFH all this week without too much problems.

Be grand.

Thankfully the Brits have decided to do the right thing.

Comment

23% rise here today. Still holding the line OK.

Comment

Betting suspended.

Test came back negative.

Don't know of your particular circumstances (people you live with who could have possibly been infected etc.) but if I was ill and had mild symptoms and suspected Covid 19 I think I would have been hoping for a positive test result.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                I imagine Rigger is flossing on tiktok and hasnt got time for us old fogeys
                                                                                                Too busy wining and dining his special lady

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                  23% rise here today. Still holding the line OK.
                                                                                                  I'm keeping an eye on Denmark & Norway, the former identifying its first case 3 days before us and latter 2 days.

Similar median age, standard of living and population size I think it offers a decent barometer for where we should be trending towards and a vague idea of how we're handling things overall.

Denmark currently with 1,255 confirmed and 9 deaths while Norway has 1,922 and 7.

Comment

Results based thinking.

Comment

Stockpiling gone wrong

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Who is setting tonights quiz?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                          They didn't phrase anything at all to be honest. The 1850 number is now almost impossible to reach so was advised to contact my GP. They went above and beyond and tracked my result to the lab it was in and managed to get someone there to release my result verbally, not the done thing Im sure. I wont have anything in writing for they do not know how long. As suggested on here it seems like if waiting for a result no news is good news, those who test positive it seems ARE contacted within 24 to 48 hours.

I had been in regency for three weeks of tournaments, shit food and disjointed sleep. I went from that to hedging, 30 bookies a day cash and dirty bookies pens in my mouth. Before Cheltenham my parents actually brought up the virus and I said, as I echoed here, that I felt it was media nonsense because how we communicate has become corroded. I gave myself no shot of NOT getting it. None. This time around I m going to give myself EVERY shot at not getting it. Like I said we have no control and the world has a sense of humour so cant guarantee anything but Ill be following every practical step I can not to put my loved ones or anyone else in danger because of my actions.

Comment

Who is setting tonights quiz?
                                                                                                            I’ll do a golf quiz later
                                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                              Don't know of your particular circumstances (people you live with who could have possibly been infected etc.) but if I was ill and had mild symptoms and suspected Covid 19 I think I would have been hoping for a positive test result.

This came into my head and lots of my mathsy mates said the same, but I was at the time staying with two elderly parents both with underlying conditions and significant ones, and if its a choice between having a virus in my body that the world doesn't yet know much about or not, I going to go with grateful for not having it right now.

Comment

Any stars deposit codes other than the "THIRTY" that's on the site?

Comment

Today one of my co-workers tested positive. He is now in Hospital. He had been in Madrid and was flown back on a rescue flight on the 17th.

He started to get a cough and wasn't feeling good, called 111 and they asked him to come to the test clinic in Luqa near the airport. Got a call 1gr 15 mins later that it was positive and they came for him and he is in the Disease control Unit at the main hospital.

He was kept at his apartment after getting back, so the rest of us are fine. But he has heart and BP issues and is a bit worried.

On another note, Tony and I had flights to Ireland and Scotland for 7/8th April. Got a cancellation email for Tony's and did it from the link in email. On the Ryanair site it showed both bookings cancelled. Used the app to cancel mine as I had no email.

More details than the one with the email, but no major issue getting the refund request in.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                    fuck me I'd love to watch a major start to finish now.

Might just pick one and pretend it's a weekend for it.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                      Might be washing my hair. Or counting my toenail clippings.

Comment

3.) Name the show

5.) Name the show

6.) Name the show

7.) Name the show

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Granville was always chasing Maggie Olerenshaw - that pic is Arkwrights love Nurse Gladys Emanuel.
                                                                                                                        Lenny Godber.
                                                                                                                        Aint Half Hot Mum
                                                                                                                        No idea.
                                                                                                                        Fresh Fields (or it's sequel French Fields)
                                                                                                                        Ever Decreasing Circles.
                                                                                                                        No idea.
                                                                                                                        Lord Melvey, or something like that (though not a lord, conman)
                                                                                                                        Fallen Madonna with tbb.
                                                                                                                        Young pic of Pvt Walker maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                          fuck me I'd love to watch a major start to finish now.

Might just pick one and pretend it's a weekend for it.
                                                                                                                          I love the majors with carnage.

Geoff Ogilvy’s around winged foot was great.

Watched Seve’s first masters win recently where he came close to blowing it against a load of no name yanks
                                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X