Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm undertaking a survey that may interest those of you that like to have a bet online on soccer. I'd really (really) appreciate a few quick minutes of your time and you can take part by clicking on the link below:

5starpool gave me a thumbs up to post this here and it is part of my Psychology MSc.

Click the green 'submit' icon at the end of pages 1 & 2 to fast forward to the qs immediately

Many thanks!!!

This struck me as very agenda driven which probably isn't the best way go about doing a credible survey.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
      This struck me as very agenda driven which probably isn't the best way go about doing a credible survey.
      Hi, yes I agree that there is a lot of agenda driven stuff out there that probably sets out to prove a point from the off.

However although I am interested in a particular aspect of the responses, I have used scales and questions that have already been pretested for validity and reliability...bottom line is I am seeking to be as objective as possible.

Thanks for taking a look and for your input

Comment

Anyone else betting online on the soccer over the last year?

If you have a few minutes please give my survey a go:

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Anyone killing a bit of time or looking to distract from last night's match? Please try my survey if you have had a bet online on the soccer in the last year:

Click the green 'submit' icon at the end of pages 1 & 2 to fast forward to the qs immediately

Many thanks!!!

Comment

Was in the middle of.doing this for you and stopped. I don't like the wording. "Is there anything that will stop you having a bet" few other questions too. Just seems like you want certain answers and is kinda agenda driven

Comment

Same here. Watched the videos, started the survey, gave up because I found I couldn't really answer several questions honestly without implying I was an addict.

If this is a survey for problem gamblers then fair enough, if it is one for non-problem and problem gamblers alike it needs to be rewritten so as not to make anyone who ticks a box other than 'never' on any question feel like they're confirming a bias held by the questioner.

Comment

Hi folks,

The questions are taken from psychological scales that have been validated in previous studies. There is a problem gambler scale integrated but I am not seeking box anyone off and there is no masked agenda. The actual purpose of my study is outlined in the debrief at end of the survey.

Thanks to all who have taken part so far and I am canvassing for just a few more takers!!!

Please try my survey if you have had a bet online on the soccer in the last year:

Many thanks!!!

Comment

What a bizarre set of questions.

Comment

...on the final lap folks so please try my survey if you have had a bet online on the soccer in the last year

Simply copy and paste the following link into a new window:

Click the green 'submit' icon at the end of pages 1&2 to fast forward to the qs immediately

Massive thanks to all!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X