Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      I scoff at your minor difficulty. Try doing that and trying to home school three kids.

Aussie whinging Pom.
      Ah, was more a statement of current situation rather than a whinge. I’m quite happy to be in the office in my Todd. Although I might change my tune when I’ve nowhere to buy coffee.

You zero get zero sympathy re: the kids though. You made them.

Comment

Anarchy in the UK by Thursday

Comment

Comment

Do those measures include Northern Ireland? I see the Scottish and Welsh ministers making announcements mirroring Boris but nothing from NI

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
              Their society going to be tested now as will Americas when they go that way at a large scale.

Im really torn whether we need to escalate and 50/50 in the vacuum of info that hopefully Gov will use tomorrow to decide.

Comment

Gas, was looking at this earlier and thinking it was cool. Just spotted a little while ago it's my cousin's kid..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  Gas, was looking at this earlier and thinking it was cool. Just spotted a little while ago it's my cousin's kid..

Ha yeah saw it earlier. Peter Schmeichel and David De Gea commenting on it is fairly class for the kid.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Good story but not true sadly. MrsHiFi works for a sister company. Happened about 10 days ago when an auld lad tried to drive his new automatic off the forecourt but hit drive instead of reverse.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Someone in the UK obviously just realised there was a mistake in the Excel calculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Yikes. The Greek confinement system is that to leave your home you have to send a text message with the reason for leaving and they text you back with a window you can go out.
                            What's wrong with that?
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                              That's gonna scupper the herd immunity malarkey.
                              Madness, unproven & recklessly risked their people's lives. A massive U-turn in a matter of days... but at least they have done it. We will follow soon.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Hope your cousin is a United fan cos it's got the attention of Peter Schmeichel, David De Gea and now Mata just tweeted this. Imagine how fucking cool this would be. Mata does this kind of thing and I'd guess hes 100% serious with the offer.

Comment

It's much stricter than even the Italian system, where at least you can choose when you can leave the house. In Greece you don't even have that flexibility as you need to be given permission. Makes it seem a lot more prison-like, no?
                                      Ah sure a bit of jail time never did anyone any harm Think you only call it prison when it's for more than a year, though I may have imagined that.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                        Any excuse.

Comment

Comment

I only use Twitter a small bit but I had to mute him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                              Neither am I but airlines/aircraft manufacturers effectively have to bounce back.

China are slowly loosening restrictions in Wuhan at present, I suspect they'll increase domestic travel if nothing else in the coming weeks.

European travel likely to be back on the cards come the summer time and airlines have already made cuts to staff and staff salaries pretty early on.

Those who have the liquidity will survive, you may lose a few airlines but Airbus and Boeing have lost 50% and 66% of their value.
                                              Is it going much lower than that given they already have an effective duopoly?
                                              Lessors would appear to be the play if that's the view, their sell-off has been greater than the airlines yet they're one step removed. The liquidity position of the main listed lessors would appear to be sufficient to manage short term issues - lease holidays with lessees (assuming both some degree of catch up towards year end, and some longer term defaults/repossessions).

If the fallout from Cv-19 is worse, they may face a severe liquidity crunch but in that scenario virtually every airline will need nationalisation to continue in any event.

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                              Welp. You know more than I do!

I figured given the fact they have a bunch of juicy gov contracts, are the only player in NA, in a state trump needs. Employee half the state meant they’d stay around. Thought maybe there was value.

Now the fact they can use the corona virus fed package as cover and access to cheap credit indefinitely means I thought it more.

But all that is prob dumb retail investor thinking. I’ll stick to ETFs lol.
                                              I assume that could all happen whilst shareholders are wiped.

Comment

Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine phosphate to treat coronavirus
                                                A man died in Phoenix after self-medicating with chloroquine phosphate to treat covid-19, Banner Health announced in a statement Monday.

The man’s wife, who also self-medicated with chloroquine phosphate, is in critical care, according to Banner Health. The man was in his 60s, as is his wife. Banner Health did not identify either of them by name.

This came just two days after President Trump suggested, in a tweet, that a mix of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin could be an effective treatment for covid-19. Neither drug had been approved by the Food and Drug Administration or World Health Organization as a treatment for the coronavirus, and has not been in the time since.

“Given the uncertainty around COVID-19, we understand that people are trying to find new ways to prevent or treat this virus, but self-medicating is not the way to do so,” Daniel Brooks, medical director of Banner Health’s Poison and Drug Information Center, said in the statement.

“The last thing that we want right now is to inundate our emergency departments with patients who believe they found a vague and risky solution that could potentially jeopardize their health.”

Banner Health urged that chloroquine, a drug used to treat malaria, “should not be ingested to treat or prevent” the virus.

On Saturday, after Trump endorsed hydroxychloroquine on Twitter, Nigeria reported two cases of chloroquine poisoning. That led Nigerian health officials to issue a warning against using the drug to treat the coronavirus, which was echoed by Banner Health after a related death.

U.S. Surgeon General Jerome M. Adams begged Americans to stay home while warning that the situation is “going to get bad” in the coming days.

Comment

This guy is just weird. Have him blocked, but he keeps popping up in the timeline anyway.

He’s an absolute loser. A fucking Events Organiser and he’s acting like he’s some sort of guru for situations like this.

Comment

We set up a home game on the pokerrr2 app and all hooked up to zoom.

€20 a man in sit and go. Was great craic.

Trying not to wake up bodies upstairs being the only slight challenge.
                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Is anyone else having difficulties with older people? I was on the phone to my mother today and she was complaining about a queue in the bank. What are you doing in a bank? She was there to lodge a check for a small amount of money. Then I had arranged to drop some supplies to my grandmother, who at 89 is self-isolating. I arranged for her to leave the gate to her garden open so I could leave the stuff at the door, I text 2 mins before I arrive to confirm and she goes, "walk right in, it's open!" When I get there the door is locked and she is standing behind it with a scone she baked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                        We set up a home game on the pokerrr2 app and all hooked up to zoom.

€20 a man in sit and go. Was great craic.

Trying not to wake up bodies upstairs being the only slight challenge.

We have a similar thing between about 14 lads but for darts, one phone/tablet pointing at your home board and another phone for organizing the games and bants, we're using hangouts, never used that app before and never thought I would but it does the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                          Is anyone else having difficulties with older people? I was on the phone to my mother today and she was complaining about a queue in the bank. What are you doing in a bank? She was there to lodge a check for a small amount of money. Then I had arranged to drop some supplies to my grandmother, who at 89 is self-isolating. I arranged for her to leave the gate to her garden open so I could leave the stuff at the door, I text 2 mins before I arrive to confirm and she goes, "walk right in, it's open!" When I get there the door is locked and she is standing behind it with a scone she baked for me.
                                                          Whatever about your mother, I wouldn't expect any more from an 89 year old. In fact I'm self isolating and my neighbours are doing my shopping for me. I'm literally planning on baking them a marble cake, and I'm generally quite cautious. I'm not even sure what the problem is you are seeing in your grans behaviour.

Comment

Are you isolating for fear of getting it, or in case you have it? If it's the latter you really shouldn't be giving people items.

In my Grandmothers case, I don't mind getting the scone (even though I wouldn't eat it at the best of times), but isolation means keeping quite a much larger distance. She could have left it out for me.

Comment

Are you isolating for fear of getting it, or in case you have it? If it's the latter you really shouldn't be giving people items.

In my Grandmothers case, I don't mind getting the scone (even though I wouldn't eat it at the best of times), but isolation means keeping quite a much larger distance. She could have left it out for me.
                                                              Ah, I'm trying to avoid getting it. Immuno compromised, so catch the common cold very often, and strongly advised to and do get the seasonal flu vaccine.

Comment

Wheeler Walker Jr’s new record, Fuck You Bitch: All-Time Greatest Hits is available now. Stream or buy the record here: https://orcd.co/wwjr-greatesthitsGet ...

Comment

Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine phosphate to treat coronavirus
                                                                  A man died in Phoenix after self-medicating with chloroquine phosphate to treat covid-19, Banner Health announced in a statement Monday.

The man’s wife, who also self-medicated with chloroquine phosphate, is in critical care, according to Banner Health. The man was in his 60s, as is his wife. Banner Health did not identify either of them by name.

This came just two days after President Trump suggested, in a tweet, that a mix of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin could be an effective treatment for covid-19. Neither drug had been approved by the Food and Drug Administration or World Health Organization as a treatment for the coronavirus, and has not been in the time since.
                                                                  I didn't see his tweet so not sure if it insinuated anything around self medicating but WHO have rolled out a mass trial of a number of drugs including that combo.

Fair to say that WHO planned to leave it out until it had a change of heart. Now it states it's readmission was due to the significant attention it received so you can determine for yourself whatever that means but either way we'll get to see if it actually works

Originally posted by Science View Post
                                                                  Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine
                                                                  At a press conference on Friday, President Donald Trump called chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine a “game changer.” “I feel good about it,” Trump said. His remarks have led to a rush in demand for the decades-old antimalarials. (“It reminds me a little bit of the toilet paper phenomenon and everybody’s running to the store,” Caplan says.)

The WHO scientific panel designing SOLIDARITY had originally decided to leave the duo out of the trial, but had a change of heart at a meeting in Geneva on 13 March, because the drugs “received significant attention” in many countries, according to the report of a WHO working group that looked into the drugs’ potential. The widespread interested prompted “the need to examine emerging evidence to inform a decision on its potential role.”

The available data are thin. The drugs work by decreasing the acidity in endosomes, compartments inside cells that they use to ingest outside material and that some viruses can coopt to enter a cell. But the main entryway for SARS-CoV-2 is a different one, using its so-called spike protein to attach to a receptor on the surface of human cells. Studies in cell culture have suggested chloroquines have some activity against SARS-CoV-2, but the doses needed are usually high—and could cause serious toxicities.

Encouraging cell study results with chloroquines against two other viral diseases, dengue and chikungunya, didn’t pan out in people in randomized clinical trials. And nonhuman primates infected with chikungunya did worse when given chloroquine. “Researchers have tried this drug on virus after virus, and it never works out in humans. The dose needed is just too high,” says Susanne Herold, an expert on pulmonary infections at the University of Giessen.

Results from COVID-19 patients are murky. Chinese researchers who report treating more than 100 patients with chloroquine touted its benefits in a letter in BioScience, but the data underlying the claim have not been published. All in all, more than 20 COVID-19 studies in China used chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine, WHO notes, but their results have been hard to come by. “WHO is engaging with Chinese colleagues at the mission in Geneva and have received assurances of improved collaboration; however, no data has been shared regarding the chloroquine studies.”

Researchers in France have published a study in which they treated 20 COVID-19 patients with hydroxychloroquine. They concluded that the drug significantly reduced viral load in nasal swabs. But it was not a randomized controlled trial and it didn’t report clinical outcomes such as deaths. In guidance published on Friday, the U.S. Society of Critical Care Medicine said “there is insufficient evidence to issue a recommendation on the use of chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine in critically ill adults with COVID-19.”

Hydroxychloroquine, in particular, might do more harm than good. The drug has a variety of side effects and can in rare cases harm the heart. Because people with heart conditions are at higher risk of severe COVID-19, that is a concern, says David Smith, an infectious disease physician at the University of California, San Diego. “This is a warning signal, but we still need to do the trial,” he says. What’s more, a rush to use the drug for COVID-19 might make it harder for the people who need it to treat their rheumatoid arthritis or malaria.

Comment

I didn't see his tweet so not sure if it insinuated anything around self medicating but WHO have rolled out a mass trial of a number of drugs including that combo.
                                                                    It wasn't just his tweet, Trump also talked about it in a press conference. Now he did not suggest that people should try this at home. It's just when people are afraid and desperate they will clutch at straws, that's not a new thing. What's still a new thing is the President of the US being so wreckless.
                                                                    Back in the old days Dan Quale had the piss taken out of him for misspelling potato. He couldn't have been as dangerous if he tried.
                                                                    Last edited by ComradeCollie; 24-03-20, 06:23.

Comment

I came across this: http://ncov.mohw.go.kr/en/ it indicates the testing volumes of different major countries when compared to SK.

Interesting to see the rate of positive cases in SK at around 2.7%. I think that offers a pretty decent barometer of where our testing measures need to be in the coming weeks. If the positivity rate in Ireland exceeds 2.7%, it may offer an indicator that we simply arent testing enough asymptomatic cases or mild cases.

Just on early indications, the Republic looks to be doing well. It has 2.6x the population of NI but it has 7.6x the confirmed cases. I believe that offers an early indication of our testing capacity even when compared to our NI neighbour's.

I'm not against the idea of stricter measures if *required* but little indication yet that we need them. We will have 50 testing centres operating in the coming days. Everything we are doing is correct in managing this long term. Deploying the army, gardai and other resources to enforce a lockdown has an opportunity cost, it's not free.
                                                                      It takes away resources that could be used to aid with testing, contact tracing and disseminating information, all the things that are showing to work.

I don't believe a lockdown is required but I also believe alignment on the island makes sense. It really is a shame that our 21st century approach is being undermined by a UK government that is floundering under the pressure of this situation while we are looking more and more like a global leader.

Comment

Just reposting a link to that interview with Tony Fauci. Such a difficult position for anybody to be in https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...facts-pandemic

Comment

Donald Yada Yada Yada Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                            Hope your cousin is a United fan cos it's got the attention of Peter Schmeichel, David De Gea and now Mata just tweeted this. Imagine how fucking cool this would be. Mata does this kind of thing and I'd guess hes 100% serious with the offer.

Kid is a Leeds fan.

I'm no utd fan obviously, but Mata has always been a cut above as a person. He's a class act.

Comment

Comment

Scumbags, though I shouldn't be surprised

Comment

...Trump seemed to wake up yesterday in a different mood...No longer the Chi-na virus, and need to do all they can to help their Asian people...Also doesn't think businesses will be closed until July, and hinting of easing restrictions soon...At the same time, cases in Mew York seem to be spiralling...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                    ...Trump seemed to wake up yesterday in a different mood...No longer the Chi-na virus, and need to do all they can to help their Asian people...Also doesn't think businesses will be closed until July, and hinting of easing restrictions soon...At the same time, cases in Mew York seem to be spiralling...
                                                                                    He did display an interesting tic when he spoke about Asian-Americans.

Mentioned 'them' and 'us'. i.e. they are great people, they will work with us

Shows you the way he thinks.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Exactly, 'they' are working with 'us'.
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

Fair to say that WHO planned to leave it out until it had a change of heart. Now it states it's readmission was due to the significant attention it received so you can determine for yourself whatever that means but either way we'll get to see if it actually works
                                                                                          The guy must have been really desperate. He wasn't taking the medicine, he was taking fish tank cleaner

A Phoenix-area man died and his wife is in critical condition after taking chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks. The cleaning agent has the same active ingredient as the medicine chloroquine but is formulated differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                            The guy must have been really desperate. He wasn't taking the medicine, he was taking fish tank cleaner
                                                                                            And which very stable genius do you think put it into this guy's head that this fish tank cleaner might be a miracle cure for covid?

Comment

...

Comment

And which very stable genius do you think put it into this guy's head that this fish tank cleaner might be a miracle cure for covid?
                                                                                                If Trumps say go have a beer and someone drinks methylated spirits would you blame Trump?

The chloroquine stuff didn't originate from Trump, it's been on the go for weeks, originally from French and Indian doctors.

Comment

It probably needs to be diluted with Miracle Mineral Supplement to be 100% effective.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

And yet there are still those among us with severe cases of Trump Denial Syndrome that continue to pretend that he is not a racist
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Trump forgets his followers are also a special kind of stupid

Comment

I think the "us" is his administration, rather than a racist us and them. Open to interpretation though. If people have the prior view that he's a racist bigot, they'll see everything he does through that prism.

Look through his general remarks, every "us" is his administration:

Americans are "the american people".
                                                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 24-03-20, 11:54.

Comment

Open to interpretation though.
                                                                                                            LOL

First your 'source' isn't what was being referenced but as an aside note the inclusive language he does use there when talking about

These are great people — our amazing veterans. They’ve shown their eternal loyalty to our nation, and this is the time where they’re in need, and we are going to show our loyalty to them. We’re being very protective of our veterans.
                                                                                                            Here is where he tries to row back from his blatantly hateful racist chinese virus ranting

In those the racism is slightly more subtle but all the more revealing of how it is ingrained in every fibre of his being.

If anyone doesn't see that they really need to take a long hard look at themselves
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If Trumps say go have a beer and someone drinks methylated spirits would you blame Trump?

The chloroquine stuff didn't originate from Trump, it's been on the go for weeks, originally from French and Indian doctors.
                                                                                                              He is the fucking President. He talks, people listen.

It is ludicrously irresponsible to go hyping up chloroquine, which is exactly what he did to tens of millions of Americans. Now you see the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                And yet there are still those among us with severe cases of Trump Denial Syndrome that continue to pretend that he is not a racist
                                                                                                                That kind of thing is usually a sign of a deep unhappiness.
                                                                                                                A person will have a view different from other people(nothing wrong with that) some part of it will be hold up (an election win as an example), and they hold it against all evidence as the one thing they were right about

The worse it gets, the harder they hold on

Chat with a good mirror is a start, followed by speaking to a professional, maybe looking at changing a few things.

Trump is a cunt
                                                                                                                As are his children
                                                                                                                So was his Dad
                                                                                                                His children might have an excuse
                                                                                                                His defenders, not so much!

Comment

First your 'source' isn't what was being referenced
                                                                                                                  It's a transcript. Why the inverted commas?

First your 'source' isn't what was being referenced but as an aside note the inclusive language he does use there when talking about
                                                                                                                  I don't see an "us" in there.

Here is where he tries to row back from his blatantly hateful racist chinese virus ranting
                                                                                                                  I dunno if you've missed it, but the enemy has always been the Chinese gov, not Chinese people, or Asian Americans.. He's making that extra clear here. Maybe you missed it too, but the "chinese virus ranting" only began after they tried to pin it on the US military.

If anyone doesn't see that they really need to take a long hard look at themselves
                                                                                                                  I think you're hallucinating. He used "us" eleven times in those remarks, every single time was his admin. Every time he wanted to say Americans he said "American people". Why are you putting a different interpreation on this use compared to all the others? For him to be saying what you think he means, he has to be using the word differently to how he uses it every other time.

"Every time this guy has 3bet me he's had aces, but I don't wanna fold so I think this 3bet is a bluff"
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 24-03-20, 12:44.

Comment

...

Comment

Ah come on, there's very fine people on both sides.
                                                                                                                      The fact that that is still a thing just demonstrates how addled people are when it comes to Trump.

Comment

I was surprised by that stat. It probably goes to show the bubble you're in when you believe a higher proportion of people in Ireland are employed by much larger international companies:

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X