Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
    Imagine if they did proper testing?

The deaths are pretty insensitive to proper testing and a much better indicator of what's actually going on.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      The deaths are pretty insensitive to proper testing and a much better indicator of what's actually going on.
      Their deaths being nearly 50 times higher than ours is telling alright. NI only testing people who have been admitted to hospital is what is keeping their numbers ridiculously low too.

Comment

Some amount of retards still out and about down this way. Most kids out playing all day. There's a confirmed case in the village and it doesn't seem to have copped anyone on.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
          Some amount of retards still out and about down this way. Most kids out playing all day. There's a confirmed case in the village and it doesn't seem to have copped anyone on.
          Same in city here. Gangs of kids still hanging about. Parents prob can't keep some of them in if they wanted. Guards will need to step in in that respect sooner rather than later.
          airport, lol

Comment

This has to end with a sauna GAB.

Imagine inviting ladeez back for a good sweat.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                Mayson hotel in Dublin has the bar open and are serving. Mate sent me a pic of him having a pint.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                  Gonna tackle a hot tub before that. Reckon I buy one of those inflatable ones for 500e or whatever and build a frame for it.
                  Sounds very:

Comment

Collie on IPB gardening leave and suddenly the place is as gay as Christmas.

Fk you Alanis.

Comment

Old lad marks if you:
                      1. Can name the show
                      2. Name the star
                      3. Sing the theme song

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Yikes. I guess Ryanair has already let all the contracted pilots go. But these are real cuts? Any whisper numbers on the paycuts in Aer Lingus?
                        Know someone who works in Software Dev with Aer Lingus. Told 50% today.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Old lad marks if you:
                          1. Can name the show
                          2. Name the star
                          3. Sing the theme song
                          Colt Seiver

Im not the kind to kiss and tell but I know ladies plenty....

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                            Colt Seiver

SPOILER
                            Thought you would be 3/3 there easy.

https://youtu.be/BmIsMzyohqM

For bonus points, what was the name of the female accomplice (rarely seen) in The A Team?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
                              He ended up just short of down a million from this point. He then took a break of a couple of weeks. I forget the number but he was paying either 8k or 4k in fines for everyday the break continued. He said he was seriosuly considering quiting and paying the buyout. In the end he decided to play on. Won 9/11 sessions since the break and is on course now for an epic comeback.

Opr

Comment

Colt Seiver

but I've been seen with Farrah

Comment

SPOILER
                                  Thought you would be 3/3 there easy.

https://youtu.be/BmIsMzyohqM

For bonus points, what was the name of the female accomplice (rarely seen) in The A Team?
                                  I liked Jodie in the Fall Guy better. I didnt like the hair on the one in the A-Team or the cordial relationship she had with Murdock and Face. Murdock was a normal person around her. Cant think of her name.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                    Who's running the next music king?
                                    I was going to start it the other day but I've lost all internet at my house, can't get it or my cable TV working and the company aren't doing call outs anymore.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        but I've been seen with Farrah
                                        Bullshit. At the time it was 'but I know ladies plenty'. Maybe on repeats they changes it to a daytime audience to Farrah.

Comment

I liked Jodie in the Fall Guy better. I didnt like the hair on the one in the A-Team or the cordial relationship she had with Murdock and Face. Murdock was a normal person around her. Cant think of her name.
                                          Jaysis! I win one.

I think a crappy 1980s tv trivia quiz is in order. Honour system obv.

Comment

I heard 25% for at least 9 weeks from AL frontline employee.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              I heard 25% for at least 9 weeks from AL frontline employee.
                                              RTE website says 50% hours and pay cuts for everyone.

Comment

Bullshit. At the time it was 'but I know ladies plenty'. Maybe on repeats they changes it to a daytime audience to Farrah.
                                                There's another line 'never spent much time in school, but I thought ladies plenty' - maybe that's what you remember.

Always deserves a listen anyway.

1980s wanking material at 0:55s.

Comment

1. Who was Arfur's nemesis in Minder?
                                                  2. What was the name of the car in Knight Rider?
                                                  3. Who was the dizzy auld(est) wan in The Golden Girls?
                                                  4. What was Dudley's catchphrase in Different Strokes?
                                                  5. What was the name of the sherrif in The Dukes of Hazzard?
                                                  6. What city was Cheers based in?
                                                  7. What was the name of the posh Prod in Glenroe?
                                                  8. What was the name of the landlord in The Young Ones?
                                                  9. What was the name of Sir Humphrey's assistant in Yes Minister?
                                                  10. What was Peggy's job in Hi-de-Hi?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                    There's another line 'never spent much time in school, but I thought ladies plenty' - maybe that's what you remember.

Always deserves a listen anyway.

1980s wanking material at 0:55s.
                                                    Ah your right!. Yeah let's just say she was a source of lust.

Comment

Let's get 10 trivia challenges going folks!

It will stave off the madness, perhaps.

Comment

Not 80s but someone said every episode of Fraiser up on RTE player now.

Comment

Can only answer two of those

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                            Can only answer two of those
                                                            Child

Of the 90s

Comment

Disappointed I didn't get more.

SPOILER

2. Kit
                                                              3. Sophia
                                                              6. Boston
                                                              7. Terri
                                                              8. Can't remember, but played by Alexei Sayle
                                                              10. Red coat type I think

Don't remember another catchphrase in Different Strokes other than Arnold's obvious one.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                  Chief inspector Chisholm
                                                                  Kitt
                                                                  Never watched that, preferred Dusty Bin
                                                                  What you talkin bout Willis?
                                                                  Never watched that, clashed with dinner time!
                                                                  Chicago?
                                                                  Edit: GeorgeGood one watched it all the time but can't think!
                                                                  Never really watched it, bit chaotic for me.
                                                                  Never watched it, dislike political shows!
                                                                  Cleaner
                                                                Good job. I'll list some tomorrow
                                                                Last edited by rounders123; 19-03-20, 22:08.

Comment

Disappointed I didn't get more.

SPOILER

2. Kit
                                                                  3. Sophia
                                                                  6. Boston
                                                                  7. Terri
                                                                  8. Can't remember, but played by Alexei Sayle
                                                                  10. Red coat type I think
                                                                  3/10

Comment

Spoiler that shit rounders, others might like to have a go.

Comment

Spoiler that shit rounders, others might like to have a go.
                                                                      Edit, WP

5/10

Comment

3/10
                                                                        Oh by posh prod you meant the lad with the tache and tweed. I thought you meant the woman. Wasn't she one of your too?

Comment

Oh by posh prod you meant the lad with the tache and tweed. I thought you meant the woman. Wasn't she one of your too?
                                                                          OK, half a point so.

Still second to rounders though. Or last, to put it another way.

Comment

Edit, WP

5/10
                                                                            He couldn't have got 5. He gave 5 answers and two of them were wrong. That different strokes catchphrase was Arnold's.

Comment

He couldn't have got 5. He gave 5 answers and two of them were wrong. That different strokes catchphrase was Arnold's.
                                                                              It's not the winning, it's the taking part.

He won, you took part. Now get over your miserable performance and put up your own quiz.

Comment

OK, half a point so.

Still second to rounders though. Or last, to put it another way.
                                                                                Poor
                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                George
                                                                                was probably your hero as a young lad.

Comment

6Stsrpool should know you don't refer to a woman as a posh prod!.
                                                                                  Maybe they're less discerning in the whessht

Comment

[*]What was the name of Sir Humphrey's assistant in Yes Minister?
                                                                                    Didn’t have one. The question you’re trying to ask is who was the Principal Private Secretary to Rt Hon James Hacker MP in Yes Minister
                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

6Stsrpool should know you don't refer to a woman as a posh prod!.
                                                                                      Maybe they're less discerning in the whessht
                                                                                      They don't have exotic creatures like Protestants in Sligo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                        Didn’t have one. The question you’re trying to ask is who was the Principal Private Secretary to Rt Hon James Hacker MP in Yes Minister
                                                                                        Banned.

Comment

It's not the winning, it's the taking part.

He won, you took part. Now get over your miserable performance and put up your own quiz.
                                                                                          If you learn to count I might. I don't care about winning, I care about things being right. His cheers answer is wrong. Either your different strokes question is wrong, or his answer is wrong. Either way, it's not a right answer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                            UK ahead of where Italy were at similar stage and the idiots still really haven't got the message. Will be very dark times over there by April 1st.

[ATTACH]2715[/ATTACH]
                                                                                            UK you say.........look away Collie.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

They don't have exotic creatures like Protestants in Sligo.
                                                                                              They tended to blow them up in that era.

Comment

If you learn to count I might. I don't care about winning, I care about things being right. His cheers answer is wrong. Either your different strokes question is wrong, or his answer is wrong. Either way, it's not a right answer.
                                                                                                Do you want to set a tiebreaker?

Comment

Arry the bastard.

Comment

Banned.
                                                                                                    It’s not my fault you got basic facts wrong in your quiz.
                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Heh

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                        It’s not my fault you got basic facts wrong in your quiz.
                                                                                                        I'm sure yours will be far superior

Comment

Dick Moran was some charmer nevertheless.
                                                                                                          Terry was Dicks mott. But I think 6starpool was thinking of Georges bird otherwise it's a bit of an assumption to think Terry was a prod.

Comment

5 was rosco p Coltrane iirc

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                5 was rosco p Coltrane iirc
                                                                                                                Not
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                Boss Hogg
                                                                                                                ?

Comment

Not
                                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                                  Boss Hogg
                                                                                                                  ?
                                                                                                                  nope, he was the governor or mayor or whatever. Rosco was the ditzy sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                    nope, he was the governor or mayor or whatever. Rosco was the ditzy sheriff
                                                                                                                    Oh yeah. Maybe 6star has a point.

Comment

Here is my 80's TV quiz. Only 7 as I couldn't be bothered to think of more.

1. Complete the Irish TV 'comedy' title - Leave it to Mrs ...
                                                                                                                      2. How many pockets were in 40 Coats' coat?
                                                                                                                      3. What US state was Magnum PI set in?
                                                                                                                      4. What did the acronym CHiPS stand for in the TV show title?
                                                                                                                      5. What type of animal was Gentle Ben?
                                                                                                                      6. What was the name of the dog in Fraggle Rock?
                                                                                                                      7. What city was deGrassi Junior High set in?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                        Not 80s but someone said every episode of Fraiser up on RTE player now.

All of reeling in the years

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X