Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

Also fk me that Laurence question time twat, what a gimp
    Did you hear him sing perform?

Less embarrassing to expose yourself as an adolescent 4Chan white power wannabee than having this cringefest get all the attention

The actor and musician performs one of his tracks Distance for the Jeremy Vine studioJeremy Vine is on television every weekday at 9:15am until 11:15am on Ch...
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Did you hear him sing perform?

Less embarrassing to expose yourself as an adolescent 4Chan white power wannabee than having this cringefest get all the attention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLkvtHwSyM4
      Turned off after “they seem to murder your opinion”

Comment

He's made Donnelly look as weak, cynical and pisspoor as he is.
        Which is class. Battle of the greystoners.

Would be absolutely amazing to see the arrogant sell out lose his seat.

Comment

You'd have to be a bit smug as a Paddy watching the quality of the debate there compared to the sort of dumpster fires you see when politicians of nearby islands go on television.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Parasite was drivel. I only watched it and stuck it out as it was so highly rated, should have gone with my instinct to cut it after 30mins.

Part of the reason I rarely watch movies is I don't think the risk/reward is worth it. If you watch a bad TV show you're risking half an hour or an hour, but there's potentially a multi season pay off.

With a bad movie you're probably pot committed at that point. And if it's a great movie there's no more to it. TV Shows have the space to go to greater depths, and less need for Hollywood cliches or theatrics.
            Don't think I was ever as disappointed with a film. Love some of Bong Joon Ho back catalog. Add the high ratings on IMDB/RT and the film being so low in betting for Best Picture I was looking forward to it with very high expectations.

Comment

I'm not sure I buy the accuracy of Irish polls in light of the Sunday Times poll showing an 8 point gap last time out at the same point and the gap finished at 1 but pretty clear that there is enough support for SF that they should be included in all debates.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                Anyone here read Shatter's book?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3c4zx3M4yI
                How anyone takes this absolute chancer seriously I have no idea. A narcissist of the highest order.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                  Hacked around 38 of those. Played most if not all the ones mentioned along the north coast and Donegal. Ballyliffin & Portsalon would have been my favorites. Highly recommenced a trip taking in as many as you can along that stretch of coast.
                  I’ve managed 30, but agree Portsalon is the one I always point people to if they’re going to Donegal. Murvagh rnaks high on that list but I think it’s too hard with little views for donegal. Must try Narin & Portnoo soon, also I’d highly recommend a little known 9 hole called Cruit Island.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Been reading a book in the morning called The Atlas of Happiness. Not a particularly great book, but fine. The big advantage is that its a physical book and divided into 10-page bits on each country. That makes it lovely as a calm morning read as an alternative to scrolling through news stories that just make you angry.

Would anyone have a suggestion for another book like this that would be great in bit-sized portions as a morning read of about 15 minutes? A typical coffee table book if you will.
                  Prisoners of Geography is like that to an extent

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  You'd have to be a bit smug as a Paddy watching the quality of the debate there compared to the sort of dumpster fires you see when politicians of nearby islands go on television.
                  It wasn’t so long ago I hear Irish people complaining that we don’t get top calibre politicians like the do in England like Cameron and Blair, amazing how opinions change quickly. Biffo v Blair, now you’ve Johnson v Varadkar.

Comment

Brexit Party MEP laments that they won't be able to oversee/influence the EU Fisheries Committee when they leave.
                    They truly are the people beyond parody.

Comment

Go away for weekend. Come back and FF are 1/5.

What did you do?
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Go away for weekend. Come back and FF are 1/5.

What did you do?
                        The meme wars have begun.

FG are going to be carried to Valhalla on a Black and Tan shield surrounded by rental agreements and hospital waiting lists.

Latest one I've seen is that insurance premiums are FG's fault too.

I increasingly find myself on the side of government in recent weeks. Not exactly popular stance among my childhood peers. 18 year old me would hate current me

I'm a fucking Churchill quote

I don't think I've lost any of my social empathy, just have a more pragmatic view on querying how it can be provided I guess.
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            The meme wars have begun.

FG are going to be carried to Valhalla on a Black and Tan shield surrounded by rental agreements and hospital waiting lists.

Latest one I've seen is that insurance premiums are FG's fault too.

I increasingly find myself on the side of government in recent weeks. Not exactly popular stance among my childhood peers. 18 year old me would hate current me

I don't think I've lost any of my social empathy, just have a more pragmatic view on querying how it can be provided I guess.
                            Whatever about farmers, anyone who identifies as liberal and then ticks a FF box ahead of a FG one should have the words 'FUCKING IDIOT' tattooed on their forehead.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                              I’ve managed 30, but agree Portsalon is the one I always point people to if they’re going to Donegal. Murvagh rnaks high on that list but I think it’s too hard with little views for donegal. Must try Narin & Portnoo soon, also I’d highly recommend a little known 9 hole called Cruit Island.
                              Spent three months every summer as a kid on Cruit. Joined the Golf Club as soon as it was built. The 6th? hole used be great fun...Spectacular Par 3 over the Atlantic and either a Sand Wedge or 3 Wood depending on the wind!

Comment

Ah I'm sure FF will fix health this time.

Comment

I still think of myself as loony left, and at the same time find myself voting FG. The last time I voted Labour about 8 years ago was only because I knew the candidate from school.
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

If I was Leo I think I'd be pushing to get Mary Lou onto the TV debate so that he can show how FF and SF have a 60% + overlap.

What price if a FF SF government? Should be fav IMO

Comment

Whatever about farmers, anyone who identifies as liberal and then ticks a FF box ahead of a FG one should have the words 'FUCKING IDIOT' tattooed on their forehead.
                                      Kind of amazing they didn't win a single vote for the 8th ref.

Anyone here read Shatter's book?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3c4zx3M4yI
                                      I read autobiography. I didn't read his Mills and Boon.

Comment

I still think of myself as loony left, and at the same time find myself voting FG. The last time I voted Labour about 8 years ago was only because I knew the candidate from school.
                                        I just can't handle the thought of voting for a party who are drawing a red line on pension age. The average life expectancy in Ireland has increased by 5 years in the last 20 years. There's no way to square that reducing the retirement age is in any way prudent financially unless there are some additional mechanisms in place to increase contributions.

I know private auto-enrollment by 2022 is in place and the count of people contributing has increased but it isn't enough.
                                        I sympathise with people being forced to retire at 65 and in turn left wait for their state pension but I'd far rather look at mandatory retirement over a reduction in state pension age.

I'd consider a Social Democratic candidate but none here, probably Green or FG.

Comment

Lads, the crispy haddock on crispy brioche in Gil & Hock is fucking outrageous.

I didn't think it possible to even dream up such an amazing sandwich.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                            I just can't handle the thought of voting for a party who are drawing a red line on pension age. The average life expectancy in Ireland has increased by 5 years in the last 20 years. There's no way to square that reducing the retirement age is in any way prudent financially unless there are some additional mechanisms in place to increase contributions.

I know private auto-enrollment by 2022 is in place and the count of people contributing has increased but it isn't enough.
                                            I sympathise with people being forced to retire at 65 and in turn left wait for their state pension but I'd far rather look at mandatory retirement over a reduction in state pension age.

I'd consider a Social Democratic candidate but none here, probably Green or FG.
                                            FF's approach to that seems to be the most sensible, i.e. delete the 'you finish at 65' clause from employment contracts.

FG's idea of a pre-pension pension transition payment seems like a more expensive way to just put the retirement age back to 65.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

This is relevant to my interests.

Comment

sounds like a fancy fish finger sandwich

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  sounds like a fancy fish finger sandwich
                                                  Sounds like it alright. Looked, felt and tasted like 10 minutes of sex.

Comment

FF's approach to that seems to be the most sensible, i.e. delete the 'you finish at 65' clause from employment contracts.

FG's idea of a pre-pension pension transition payment seems like a more expensive way to just put the retirement age back to 65.
                                                    It feels as though the eventual removal of that transition payment is an easier sell than increasing the official retirement age from 65 once again.

It's also a Labour red line, I don't know if FG are quite as adamant about it. Varadkar has still called not increasing retirement age irresponsible in recent weeks so not quite the same imo.

TBF it's not just Labour, SF are promising the same but that's obviously the least of the issues there.

Comment

Sounds like it alright. Looked, felt and tasted like 10 minutes of sex.
                                                      Did you get oral pleasure from fish ? I'd say the girlies love you . With the big hair tiddling the belly buttons ?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                        It feels as though the eventual removal of that transition payment is an easier sell than increasing the official retirement age from 65 once again.

It's also a Labour red line, I don't know if FG are quite as adamant about it. Varadkar has still called not increasing retirement age irresponsible in recent weeks so not quite the same imo.

TBF it's not just Labour, SF are promising the same but that's obviously the least of the issues there.
                                                        But it's already at 67 and due to rise to 68 in a few years?

FG are saying they'll give a pre-pension pension to 65, 66, 67 year olds, which is basically the same as saying they'll reverse the change.

FF are just saying people should by law be in a position where default scenario is they can keep working after 65, which retains the sensible change and adds the key element which should have been in place along with it since the start.

EDIT: Like, I don't think this is going to prove to be important, and FG would almost certainly take the FF approach if they get back in, but this 'transition payment' idea is just stupid and makes them look foolish IMO. If you saw the two suggestions and had to guess you would have said the FF one was from FG and the free money one was from FF.
                                                        Last edited by Keane; 21-01-20, 14:34.

Comment

Richard Jewell

strong drama very well put together by Clint Eastwood. great performances by the main protagonists.

7.5/10

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                            Probably a fair assessment but it doesn't tally with AFB assertion of "Absolute Chancer". I am keen to get his considered insight to back it up though.

Part of me appreciates his refusal to accept the "politics as normal" bit though. Especially when latter revelations support him.
                                                            He got himself into a great position to implement genuine reforms, then set fire to every relationship that might have made that possible. I've no respect for him.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

But it's already at 67 and due to rise to 68 in a few years?

FG are saying they'll give a pre-pension pension to 65, 66, 67 year olds, which is basically the same as saying they'll reverse the change.

FF are just saying people should by law be in a position where default scenario is they can keep working after 65, which retains the sensible change and adds the key element which should have been in place along with it since the start.

EDIT: Like, I don't think this is going to prove to be important, and FG would almost certainly take the FF approach if they get back in, but this 'transition payment' idea is just stupid and makes them look foolish IMO. If you saw the two suggestions and had to guess you would have said the FF one was from FG and the free money one was from FF.
                                                              I agree it's stupid and potentially more costly in the interim but they can't take the position of doing nothing given that's a demographic that will make up a large proportion of their base. Of course they could in effect mimic FF either but I guess they believe there is appeal in appeasing people with funds opposed to options.

FF's sounds better but I wouldn't know how feasible it is to abolish mandatory retirement in pre-existing private sector contracts. I know there was a bill passed in recent years but I thought that related to public sector specifically.

It is practically the same as reducing the age again but I don't think it's that stupid in the LT because the roll back of a pre pension pension may be easier than officially reducing the age and subsequently re-introducing the eventual increase, it's an easier sell imo.

Comment

Comment

Wasn't the whole story this morning about Martin wanting to lower the age back to 65?

That would be catastrophic in terms of future taxes on workers.

FG position seems bizarre also. Not as costly as Martin's proposal as most people would have right to continue working (and would almost certainly choose to do so as work pays more - while under Martin proposal they wouldn't have right to continue working), but still stupid compared to actually fixing the problem.

I guess there's some big legal issue with simply banning having a retirement age before the date of eligibility for state pension, as clearly makes the most sense.
                                                                  Everything I heard about it was saying FF's approach was to remove mandatory retirement at 65. It was all from the last couple of days ago, haven't seen any updates as of this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                    So you assert he is bad at relationships, but I am seeing no examples of how he "set fire to them". When you have a few minutes will you pad out this assertion and also put some meat on the bones of him being an "absolute chancer" as I don't think being bad at relationships falls under that heading.
                                                                    He threw his toys out the pram m8. Dummies flying everywhere.

Comment

Comment

Its not a very detailed description, as they all seem to be making this up on the fly, but this was in the paper:

The whole thing makes no sense in any case as they passed this law about ten years ago and both parties have been in power for the last four years and didn't seem to notice it.
                                                                        Fuck the both of them so. It's totally bizarre, ideally they all just promise to review it and it can go away.

Comment

Looking like a lot of fucking idiots going to be walking around in 20 days if we follow the polls

Comment

...Spam alert...

... Did all of you know that the most talked about/ most anticipated Lotto syndicate in Ireland is now in to a 2nd decade?... This is now your chance to join what is surely going to be an investment of a lifetime... With Wednesday lotto up to €7 million, there is no better time to join!!!... €5 per draw, so €10 per week... Continuous updates and great profits guaranteed*... Link below for all interested...

...*Profit most definitely not guaranteed...

Comment

1917

Very underwhelming. the one shot frame ends up being boring. Cinematography is spectacular at times. Story is meh.

5/10

Comment

Was out having a pint with a mate last night and he cracked me up with this one.

Bar was shut and the manager was pottering about behind the bar. Mate whispers to him 'psst, scuse me, would there be any chance of a late drink'

Manager walks over to us and says 'sure, ok, what would you like?'

'Two Harvey Wallbangers please'
                                                                                Someone is going to have to mansplain this for me, Don't get the joke at all.

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                1917

Very underwhelming. the one shot frame ends up being boring. Cinematography is spectacular at times. Story is meh.

5/10
                                                                                Cinematography is astonishing, i loved it from a technical film making point of view. I think of it along the lines of over the top action movies like fast and furious etc, we dont watch these for the story as more so to just sit and switch brain off. It's a must see in a big screen, just take in the beauty of the shots.

The only other film that i've seen this year that has shots as amazing as 1917 is The Two Popes. The overhead contrasting shot of the robes and the gardens for instance is just beautiful.

Comment

I see mcgregor is tweeting glowing endorsements for trump. The internet never fails to surprise.

Comment

If I was Leo I think I'd be pushing to get Mary Lou onto the TV debate so that he can show how FF and SF have a 60% + overlap.

What price if a FF SF government? Should be fav IMO
                                                                                    And FG /FF have a significantly higher overlap % than any other 2 parties

Comment

Another dinner at Michael's (they're doing the Michael's menu in little mike's the next couple of days due to renovations).

I am full of deliciousness

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                        Someone is going to have to mansplain this for me, Don't get the joke at all.

.
                                                                                        Ah it was just my mate winding up the bar manager. An oul timey pub where a late drink is a pint of Harp.

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post
                                                                                          And FG /FF have a significantly higher overlap % than any other 2 parties
                                                                                          If you took the FF front bench and the main thrust of their stated policies that might be true, most of their main media players could walk across to FG and you wouldn't notice the difference.
                                                                                          Once they are in power the manifesto is waste paper and they become all about looking after their internal coalitions and the biggest part of that is still I believe a relatively hardcore republican agenda still feeding off the civil war in a way that simply doesn't exist at all within FG.

I'd imagine that if they were to go into coalition with FG there could be positive long term outcomes for everyone. After sometime, maybe second term, it would become a merge and about a 20 -25% of FF TD's would be in SF but there would be a much more significant movement from the local Cumann to SF.

Comment

I see mcgregor is tweeting glowing endorsements for trump. The internet never fails to surprise.

Surprise level : 0

Comment

...

Comment

How many calories?
                                                                                                About 7000 I'd estimate. Worth it.

Comment

...

Comment

Putin must have so much on the Republican Party.

I just don't understand how getting to the bottom of something that is so clearly stinky is not a priority.

If it's not Putin, what is it? And how come Americans are so clearly unable to do anything about it?
                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

and Trump has responded! What a world
                                                                                                      Surprise level : 0

Pretty surprising tbh.
                                                                                                      Seems a pretty misjudged piece of PR management.
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Pretty surprising tbh.
                                                                                                        ah they have their retard fans who don't listen to reason and rape allegations in common.

I can see why they'd be kindred.
                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Pretty surprising tbh.
                                                                                                            he's been hanging around with Putin, so not much different really. If you can hang out with the puppeteer, surely you can befriend the muppet

Comment

Pretty surprising tbh.
                                                                                                              Alleged rapists brownnosing each other, what could possibly surprise you about that.
                                                                                                              How does this compare to his other amazing PR successes such as assaulting a bus, sucker punching an oul lad, boning young wans when his missus was pregnant etc. ad nauseam.
                                                                                                              Or maybe you mean Trumps PR management in which case LOL

Comment

Never thought I'd see Strewel use the word 'boning' in that context.

Comment

In fairness to Trump I have learnt a great deal since he took office. (or had some beliefs reaffirmed).

I now know the nuances of impeachment. It’s great. (if you hold the senate)

I now know America is as self serving and dangerous a country as any of the places they like to drop bombs onto. I suspected this when reading about Hiroshima etc in School but I’ve since been told on here it was necessary (I LOL’D) . TRUMPs success has confirmed it.

I now know that a large % of Americans do not CARE about the truth and will not be swayed by it if it conflicts with their deep rooted prejudices . (again I suspected this but thought maybe I was harsh)

I now know that a lot of apparent intelligent Irish and British people support this current US ‘REGIME’ for reasons that appear on the surface to me to be ‘in their own interests’ or due to some glitch in their brain that accesses logic .

Either way, this President has made me gasp with incredulity more than any movies I’ve ever watched. The world is in a sorry state and AMERICA is becoming a less palatable country the more he resides in the White House.

In the meantime, PUTIN has become a legendary figure and world master puppeteer

Comment

Terry is no more, he has ceased to be, he has shuffled of this mortal coil and joined the bleedin choir invisible, he is an ex Python

Jones, who was diagnosed with dementia in 2015, was the main directing force in Python’s films, as well a prolific creator of TV documentaries and children’s books

Comment

Creative and funny as he was even Terry couldn't have made up anything as batshit crazy as this

Comment

Creative and funny as he was even Terry couldn't have made up anything as batshit crazy as this

Donald is not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Comment

This is so depressing.

Fucking America is broken. I don't get it.

On one hand I feel like if I was an American I'd be out protesting about this.
                                                                                                                          On the other I've never protested about anything in my life.

I wonder would the Irish populous revolt if something like this happened in Ireland. Whatever about the banking crisis, I think most people knew that burning the bondholders was an awful idea. Could we even have something similarly outrageous?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X