AA v rubish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA v rubish

Hand previous I get dealt AA and double up to 24k by someone pushing with 88. Folded around to me in co. Blinds 200/400 sb and bb are loose calling stations so I raise to 1400. Folded to sb and bb who both instantly call. Flop 7h 2h 9d . Checked around and I make it 2900 sb raises to 6.5k bb folds. I pause , I had watched this guy make some really bad plays and figured he was at it so I shoved, sb snaps it off and tables 9h 6h. Turn is 5c giving him more outs and river is 9s. I figured he had at best a flush draw and that I was ahead which was right. I think my bet size was okay , but after being re-raised should I have folded flated . I figure it's all going in on the turn if I flat the 6.5k and no heart comes. What mistakes if any did I make or just put it down to luck.

Originally posted by aaah in View Post
    Hand previous I get dealt AA and double up to 24k by someone pushing with 88. Folded around to me in co. Blinds 200/400 sb and bb are loose calling stations so I raise to 1400. Folded to sb and bb who both instantly call. Flop 7h 2h 9d . Checked around and I make it 2900 sb raises to 6.5k bb folds. I pause , I had watched this guy make some really bad plays and figured he was at it so I shoved, sb snaps it off and tables 9h 6h. Turn is 5c giving him more outs and river is 9s. I figured he had at best a flush draw and that I was ahead which was right. I think my bet size was okay , but after being re-raised should I have folded flated . I figure it's all going in on the turn if I flat the 6.5k and no heart comes. What mistakes if any did I make or just put it down to luck.
    I disagree with the bolded part. Agree with the rest.
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by aaah in View Post
      I figured he had at best a flush draw and that I was ahead which was right.
      How was the above right?
      It clearly wasn't, as he flip over more than a bare flush draw.
      Are you aware that when the the money went in on the flop, that he was likely ahead.

Comment

Pretty standard spot to save them for later
        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
          Pretty standard spot to save them for later
          is it a fold here mostly ?
          Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

you got dealt aces twice in a row. Mad stuff. Wasnt really unlucky as said above close to a flip.
            Last edited by mugsy; 03-03-14, 13:14.

Comment

I think you need to open up the SB's range a little here. You said that they were both loose calling stations, taking that into consideration, hios possible hands would also include some 2 pairs/sets. He's Check-raising into two players (at least one who is a calling station),So he's unlikely doing this with only a FD IMO. Top two with a FD/Top pair with a FD/two pair are all in his range.

Comment

Working...
              X