€1/2 500BB's Deep Fitz Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
    Flatting and betting a blank turn shows a lot more strength than a RR now.
    The euro amounts are the same also
    a rr on flop folds out hands we want to stay in and doesnt give our opponent a chance
    to make mistakes.

a weak lead on a scare card like a heart for example allows opponent to rr
    dont think he would put darragh on fd here given he would think darragh would prob
    rr a combo and not 3 bet flop with bare fd
    a rr by him would most likely be all in so we get the max where a cr may only get
    him to put in half pot

also a weak lead may get value from some hands where he decides to call and reassess
    river

darragh wanted a line that gets the maximum from a weak villain

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
      a rr on flop folds out hands we want to stay in and doesnt give our opponent a chance
      to make mistakes.

a weak lead on a scare card like a heart for example allows opponent to rr
      dont think he would put darragh on fd here given he would think darragh would prob
      rr a combo and not 3 bet flop with bare fd
      a rr by him would most likely be all in so we get the max where a cr may only get
      him to put in half pot

also a weak lead may get value from some hands where he decides to call and reassess
      river

darragh wanted a line that gets the maximum from a weak villain
      What hands fold to a flop raise, that will call the same sized turn bet. Over half the deck are going to make the board read a lot worse.
      What's a weak lead? You think its a good line to get it on on a heart turn? If a heart hits, either we are not beat, or the villain is more likely to fold.
      Darragh didn't 3bet, so the read that the villain can't but us on a FD is a bit off.

Comment

Such a horrific board to even consider slow playing on. Pot it, get it in. If he folds meh, the pot is already big enough.
        Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

What hands fold to a flop raise, that will call the same sized turn bet. Over half the deck are going to make the board read a lot worse.

we are not going to bet pot on turn. we are going to make a small bet designed in this instance to induce a rr.

What's a weak lead? You think its a good line to get it on on a heart turn? If a heart hits, either we are not beat, or the villain is more likely to fold.
          i think a heart turn is perfect for a weak lead - villain is slightly drunk, tilting at darragh,
          annoyed he had to fold two decentt pots to him earlier - he is looking for an opportunity
          to win a big pot v his nemisis - we need to provide him with that chance - any decent bet by Darragh will fold out his weak hands but a weak bet allows him to bluff
          a weak bet may also be called by hands like aa kk aj and so we get some value from
          those - but the primary funtion of our weak bet is to allow villain the illusion of fold equity

Darragh didn't 3bet, so the read that the villain can't but us on a FD is a bit off.
          sorry my bad, i meant darragh check raised flop - called it a 3bet in error

my reply to mellor is captured in quote box above.

having awful trouble getting posts up, anyway it can stay in quote box!
          Last edited by dinekes; 17-11-11, 06:50.

Comment

I see what your trying to say, I just think its a bad line to take.
            The villain might tilt and spaz out with a big pair, but that isn't a reason for us to play bad. Even if setting him up.
            It allows him to play the rest of his range without mistakes.
            If a heart hits, a small/weak bet gives him the correct odds to call with a lot of hands, that's if he's not already ahead.

The board is horrible, just get it in. If he folds we are still picking up almost €300.

Comment

so what was the outcome?
              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                so what was the outcome?
                Yeah mad to know the outcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                  so what was the outcome?
                  Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                  Yeah mad to know the outcome!!!
                  tbf it doesnt really matter. I always find that the outcome will cloud peoples judgement of what was the correct play which is the only thing that matters

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                    tbf it doesnt really matter. I always find that the outcome will cloud peoples judgement of what was the correct play which is the only thing that matters
                    Im just curious its not anything got to with my judgement on the hand!!
                    I actually personally didnt comment on it because, I felt the correct action was such a black and white decision!!

Comment

Surely four pages of opinions has all angles covered in what to do.

Its not as if the op put a spoiler in with the result.
                      My guess is the guy folded to a pot reraise and Darragh feels he let him off the hook.

Comment

I felt he most likely had 1 pair that was info raising, specifically AA/KK/QQ and he wasn't stacking off for 1k with these hands so i flatted expecting him to panic pot the turn alot if it bricked, it didn't seem great at the time but it felt like the only way to stack him. Turn came the J, i checked and villian checks back, river came the 9 making my hand pretty useless, i checked and villian checked back QQ.
                        They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
                        Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

I'd prefer to eyeball click it back to induce, or flat here mate, defo not shoving 1600 that's just completely retarded or pot or whatever that stupid pot limit games allows, stupid game!
                          Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                          My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

I shove it in, I think its pretty straight forward allin. Effective stacks are only 1k jason

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                              I'd prefer to eyeball click it back to induce, or flat here mate, defo not shoving 1600 that's just completely retarded or pot or whatever that stupid pot limit games allows, stupid game!
                              CIB is $440. Pot is $670.
                              Hardly a massive difference. The rest goes in via RR or on te turn eitherway. It's 1000 not 1600

Comment

CIB is $440. Pot is $670.
                                Hardly a massive difference. The rest goes in via RR or on te turn eitherway. It's 1000 not 1600
                                Pretty big diff, if he pots the villian will know he is pot committed to call if he clicks it back there are players who will shove thinking they have some fold equity or that Daragh is at it, obv only if hes completely bluffing. My 1600 was for dramatic effect

I think I prefer to flat anyway.
                                Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Originally posted by Daragh999 View Post
                                  I felt he most likely had 1 pair that was info raising, specifically AA/KK/QQ and he wasn't stacking off for 1k with these hands so i flatted expecting him to panic pot the turn alot if it bricked, it didn't seem great at the time but it felt like the only way to stack him. Turn came the J, i checked and villian checks back, river came the 9 making my hand pretty useless, i checked and villian checked back QQ.
                                  Ugh, I absolutely hate how you played it.

Comment

Don't know why this has so many replies, but minraising or close to minraising seems to be by far the best play here given reads and the apparent gameflow.

Comment

I dont think you played the hand badly given your read. In saying that did it ever cross your mind to go for some ultra scabby thin value on teh river. I think he pays you off with QQ-aa given he is tilting a bit

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                        Ugh, I absolutely hate how you played it.
                                        If i thought there was a good chance he had a set/2pair/combo draw i would have obv just stuffed it in, i didn't.
                                        They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke

Comment

If i thought there was a good chance he had a set/2pair/combo draw i would have obv just stuffed it in, i didn't.
                                          Well then you have to try for some value on turn and/or river given your read

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                            Well then you have to try for some value on turn and/or river given your read
                                            On the turn agreed, river he isn't calling any bet.

Comment

On the turn agreed, river he isn't calling any bet.
                                              Ya Very doubtful he pays off a river bet, but playing it as you did you need to get at least one more bet out of him I think.

What do you do if he bombs the turn

Comment

Why are you ruling these hands out?
                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                  I was gonna say that but I never really play live so I don't know how much live tells allow you to rule stuff out. Certainly if this hand was played online I wouldn't think I had any grounds to rule them out.

Comment

that thing of counting your stk out would indicate (to me anyway) that villain is weak. Im guessing thats what Darragh is basing it on?

Comment

Originally posted by Zod
                                                      so what was the outcome?
                                                      True dat

I dont think you played the hand badly given your read. In saying that did it ever cross your mind to go for some ultra scabby thin value on teh river. I think he pays you off with QQ-aa given he is tilting a bit
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                        ... minraising or close to minraising seems to be by far the best play here given reads and the apparent gameflow.
                                                        No! Its the Fitz on a wet Wednesday

Code:
                                                        Do While
                                                        Venue = The Fitz 
                                                        and
                                                        Current Hand = The nuts 
                                                        and
                                                        Action = On You

Output = "Pot!"

if Outcome = hold 
                                                        Rub cash on titties
                                                        else
                                                        Reload
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Houston, we have a problem...

Villian opens to €7, BTN calls and i call out of the BB with QT

Will weigh in later.
                                                          i checked and villian checked back QQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                            True dat
                                                            see this is why it would have been better if we got the action for the turn and the river without the action. if Darraghs read was he had a one pair hand which was the reason for the line he took then he could probably have tried to squeeze like another tonne outta him

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Code:
                                                              Do {
                                                              Output = "Pot!"
                                                              }
                                                              While Venue==The Fitz && Current Hand==The nuts && Action==On You

if Outcome==hold {
                                                              Rub cash on titties
                                                              }

else {
                                                              Reload
                                                              }
                                                              FYP, terrible coding was terrible!
                                                              "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                                                FYP, terrible coding was terrible!
                                                                Pseudocode doesn't have to be syntactically accurate.
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                  Villian was v nervous and looked like he was about 2 shit himself + counting out his entire stack when he wasn't asked to is a v clear sign of false strength. He would perceive any 2 pair+ as the virtual nuts.

Originally posted by DaKlowen View Post
                                                                  Houston, we have a problem...
                                                                  He has rainbow QQ so it was the Q obv

Just for the record i do think i misplayed it and should just pot it/min raise the flop, even if i think he is gonna fold alot.

Thread is boring me now, posted it for LOL's more than anything cause its such a weird spot to be this deep.
                                                                  Last edited by Daragh999; 19-11-11, 20:34.

Comment

Working...
                                                                  X