standard call ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

standard call ?

First hand of a 50euro freezeout... pub game standard pretty poor.
    blinds 100/200 15k starting stack table 9 handed... mp raises to 900 and sb calls, i look down at AA and make it 3k.
    mp is really loose player and if he invests money in a pot he usually wont fold until he has at least seen a flop. sb is a really tight player who rarely bluffs and usually doesnt put it in without a made hand.Table is pretty soft and feel like i have a good edge.
    flop comes down Q J 2 rainbow and sb shoves his remaining 12k into the 9k pot.
    Hero?

call so quick u hurt your wrist

Comment

Snap call, anything that's beating you let's you do the betting for them.

Comment

Bad tight players will sometimes shove QQ and JJ here, it makes no sense but they do it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
          Bad tight players will sometimes shove QQ and JJ here, it makes no sense but they do it anyway.
          Thought this too but think I overthought it and probably should have done what the first two post suggested and snap called... Ended up folding and guy behind folded TT face up... Small blind turned over KK.

Comment

Hey man first up your preflop action is fine. Second it's not a hero call as your very strong even with just an overpair with how the action post flop plays out. The fact the guy jams for 1.2 x pot generally shows they just want to take the pot down and won't be super strong. In the rare instance a player does flop a set here you have to pay him/her off and it's a funky line.

Think about all ranges your opp has that you are beating. Folding AA here is really -EV long term, your hand is too strong

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
              Hey man first up your preflop action is fine. Second it's not a hero call as your very strong even with just an overpair with how the action post flop plays out. The fact the guy jams for 1.2 x pot generally shows they just want to take the pot down and won't be super strong. In the rare instance a player does flop a set here you have to pay him/her off and it's a funky line.

Think about all ranges your opp has that you are beating. Folding AA here is really -EV long term, your hand is too strong

Hope that helps
              Thanks for the reply.. I did think about what hands I was beating and literally only could put him on KQ and AQ (less likely because of my hand) as hands that I was beating. Didnt even consider KK because of how passive he played it pre.
              Thanks for the replies guys next time I will snap it off (and probably be shown a set lol).

Comment

Working...
              X