Ipo sattelite 7 left 4 seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipo sattelite 7 left 4 seats

$22 Ipo Sattellite on boyles couldnt seem to export the hand to hand converter
    7 left with 4 seats i am on the BB with 18bb's 250/500 level ante 50

NL Holdem $500(BB) Replayer
    SB ($9,378) 19bb's
    Hero ($9,068) 18bb's
    UTG ($9,810) 20bb's
    UTG+1 ($8,317) 17bb's
    UTG+2 ($16,634) 33bb's
    CO ($7,895) 16bb's
    BTN ($10,898) 22bb's
    fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $2,000, BTN raises to $4,000

both opponents seem decent players both have Vpip 18% PFR 11% and includes some shorthanded play
    Whats our range here for getting it in?
    and what would our range be if i was only facing a single raise in the same spot?
    The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
    MTT Calender 2015

Buttons 3bet stat would be helpful here.

Im gna have a pretty tight shoving range here given c/o 4xd and got 3bet.

probly jj+ AKo+
    “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

AA and KK in this spot. And I would have to think about the KK. Fold everything else. Against a single raise JJ+ and AKs.

Some will probably say that is too tight but you're only playing to finish fourth.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
        AA and KK in this spot. And I would have to think about the KK. Fold everything else. Against a single raise JJ+ and AKs.

Some will probably say that is too tight but you're only playing to finish fourth.
        agree with this range, btn's 3b looks really strong from his stack size i cant see him 3b folding here a lot and looks more like hes inducing.

Comment

Probably folding everything up to QQ, snap folding AK

Comment

this

Comment

Reason for posting the hand is i have recently read up on sattellite play/strategy. I played them like a regular tourney before unless i had a big stack or was right on the bubble.

Folded JJ here and raiser had QQ and Reraise was AA but what i really wanted to know if i should be folding AK and QQ here too

This seems to be what i was looking for

pretty sure i wouldn't have folded this before and v 1 opponent i would have shoved and busted but i wanted to know if it would be still the correct shove.....seem to be.
              also went on to win a seat
              thanks for the feedback
              The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
              MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Yes QQ and AK is a fold here imo and KK is debatable. Nice fold. Not always easy in the heat of the moment

Comment

Dobman is spot on but I wouldn't really consider folding kk

Comment

Working...
                  X