FT hand from Macau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FT hand from Macau

I have been dominating this tournament and playing well and aggressive, we are 7 handed and I have a commanding chip lead with about 1.5 million, nearest stack to me has about 600k and the rest are about 200-500k.
    I have been raising a lot, the table was pretty soft tbh.
    Blinds 10/20/2k
    Utg limps, I'm next and make it 45k A9dd, Noel Magner is after loosing 2 big flips before this, he shoves for 270k and Rory from Limerick sticks them in from bb 130k.

Now I figure I am behind Rory as he is a fairly tight player but I'm thinking that Noel's range is pretty wide and I do feel that My A is good here or up against a small pp There is about 480k in the pot, if I call there is a side pot of 280k plus I could get lucky and scoop the lot over 700k.
    Last edited by TheImprover; 09-12-13, 00:57.

Bigger raise in the first place and easy fold now. No real thought about it for me, Rory is ridiculously tight.

Comment

Fold, utg+2 shows strength but the lads have shown bigger strength and bb is never coming along for the ride there. And even though Noel lost 2 flips he doesn't usually tilt so I wouldn't consider that. When you are playing loose/aggro you have to slow down in certain spots and this was one of those spots.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
        Bigger raise in the first place and easy fold now. No real thought about it for me, Rory is ridiculously tight.
        I think its far from an easy fold, I know I am more than likely behind Rory but think I am ahead of Noel, the side pot gets me back what I put into it if I beat Noel plus I am entitled to a suck out as well as my A been live so it is a possibility of free rolling to win the whole pot.

Comment

You're answering your own question if you are calling to win the side pot or to get lucky and win both,

Comment

Originally posted by mickste View Post
            You're answering your own question if you are calling to win the side pot or to get lucky and win both,
            I am looking for other views and opinions.

Comment

You've had three already . Where did you finish in he tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                I think its far from an easy fold, I know I am more than likely behind Rory but think I am ahead of Noel, the side pot gets me back what I put into it if I beat Noel plus I am entitled to a suck out as well as my A been live so it is a possibility of free rolling to win the whole pot.
                You'll really need to change this type of thinking.

It's an easy fold. It can be solved easy with Pokerstove. Stick in ranges and calculate your pot odds. It will be a fold though......always a fold.
                Last edited by peterswellman; 09-12-13, 01:15.

Comment

Don't like it up to this point. A9 isnt the hand you want to have in this situation. You're not dominating any hand, but you're behind to any pair and could be dominated yourself. You'e hoping for a 57/43 or something to win the side pot and will be drawing pretty slim to win the main. Just fold and preserve your stack as played.

Comment

I did fold but tbh I tanked over it and the more I thought about it afterwards, I felt that it was very close.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                      You'll really need to change this type of thinking.

It's an easy fold. It can be solved easy with Pokerstove. Stick in ranges and calculate your pot odds. It will be a fold though......always a fold.
                      Just a bit of sarcasm I was throwing in there ,

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover
                        Sam come back when you have more live experience who is utg plus 2 btw?
                        Sorry, UTG+1. And you put up a question in a public forum and I gave an opinion and you shoot it down in a derogatory fashion. I have plenty of live experience and I gave an opinion as I knew one of the players you were up against.

I offered an opinion, if you don't like it, come up with a counter argument, not a childish put down.
                        Last edited by dobby; 09-12-13, 05:00.

Comment

225k to win 489k... yeah go on sure!

714k in the pot total with 434k for the main and 280k for the side pot, if your read is right and Noel has a small pair or your ace is good then I'd be thinking you are 23-26% to scoop(if rory has qq/kk) the main pot. Then you are 45-60% to win the side pot if your read is correct and there is more in the side pot than you are calling so if you trust your read then it is a call imo
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover
                            Sam come back when you have more live experience who is utg plus 2 btw?
                            Pretty ungracious and petty comment imo Keith. That's how fellas learn, by giving their opinion and seeing how it stacks up with others. If you only want replies from a select few you should state that in the op.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
                              Pretty ungracious and petty comment imo Keith. That's how fellas learn, by giving their opinion and seeing how it stacks up with others. If you only want replies from a select few you should state that in the op.
                              Jesus Matt I have messaged Sam to say I was only having a bit if banter with him, and then for him to come on and abuse me to the ground and try and make a fool out of me, he has edited it since but still highly not called for, I'm not a bit happy with what he said.
                              All I said was come back when you have more live experience with a indicating a wind up and that was all that was meant by it.

Comment

Hopefully everybody has had a chance to chat and clear the air, bit of shenanigans from both sides sometimes what is written as jest can misconstrued which leads to a shoot from the hip comment, obviously he seen sense and thought best to edit what was said.
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Working...
                                X