Deep Cash pre spot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep Cash pre spot.

This is a bit rambly so you can skip the in descriptions of previous hands if you want!

This is a spot that I felt extremely lost. It's 1 2 PLH playing 6 handed at the minute.

The main villan in the hand in the HJ has only been at the table for less than 10 hands but seems like a typical live dolt. He's around mid to late 40s. Bought in pretty deep for 300 or 350 I can't quite remember. He has been to 2 showdowns where he open K9o utg. Got 3bet pretty big which he called. Then got it in against a shorty on K74 flop. After SB bet he called. UTG player from hand below went all in for less than a min raise. SB folded. He tank called despite getting like 5:1 or something insane like that. He also slowrolled me with K4s on an A3285r board when I checked back river and showed QQ he waited like 45seconds before showing. Not sure if he knew he had the straight.

I have been very active. Opening a lot and winning quite a few pots without showdown. I haven't been to showdown since the main villan has been at the table. I also haven't 3bet pre since he has been at the table.

UTG playing 51 limps.

I've played with him before and remember him as being extremely spazzy and lacking a fold button a lot of the time also. A lot of his bluffs make absolutely 0 sense. The table started 4 handed. I've been playing a tonne of pots against him. He has limp called pre a lot of terrible hands like K8o etc.

The villan in HJ playing around 400 (I cover) raises to 7.

I'm in SB with QQ and raise to 23.

UTG then goes all in for 51.

HJ thinks for maybe 15 seconds and calls.

Hero??? My 1st thought was to pot it. But he seems like the type who is not going to put in 200bbs pre with anything that we beat. It's the sort of spot that I think a lot of players have insanely tight ranges, I would expect him to fold JJ and AK here. So his get it in range is KK+.

Am I going insane or does this sound right? Against a good player I think calling here would be pretty bad. Because our hand would look so face up as some type of middling pair and we would have to fold to pressure post flop. I don't think he is really thinking that deep at all though. Probably more just his hand. Some of the time thinking he will call to trap.

I ended up calling. I will put up the post flop after a few responses. I don't want to put it up now because he has horrendous bet sizing which gives clues about his hand.

Sorry about the length of this got a little bit carried away.

Really deep, I like the call pre. Surely he'd Pot Kings+ though ?? WHere was this actually, fitz?

Comment

Firstly can we not refer to players as dolts or if its an online hand tards fish does fine i find.

Im raising here not full pot which is 200 but 140 or so leaves a pot sized bet on the flop presuming he calls the extra 90.
      QQ oop against 2 villains one all in is difficult enough to play.
      Think you over thinkinga fairly straight forward hand hes called 51 hell call some more.
      .If he hits any of the flop im sure the rest will follow build a pot you have a premium hand,

Comment

Trivial raise.

People never fold pre-live.

Comment

Raise that shiiiit. Doesnt sound like a man who is putting in 51 euro and then not getting to see the flop. Anywhere 120-140 dont worry about your hand being pretty face up as nutted I doubt he gives a fook.

Comment

Not deep, raisey daisy.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
              Im raising here not full pot which is 200 but 140 or so leaves a pot sized bet on the flop presuming he calls the extra 90.
              This

Comment

If we flat pre theres be circa 150 in the pot and we can lead out regardless cos we're first to act, which would give the same result as if we 5bet pre and then jam. Calling the fourbet and leading out you risk less chips against hands which have you beaten. Or am i gone cuckoo...?

Comment

He called a big 3bet with K9 a few hands ago and now you think he will fold Ak?

Comment

Raise pot here... KK+ is way too tight a range to give this guy in a 6 handed live game, especially given the K9 and K4 hands you gave in the description.
                    http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                    http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

It's like ignoring what you have seen previously if you're worried about playing a large pot with QQ here. I'd make it about 135, should get a call for certain then you can rope the rest of his chips in on most flops

Comment

After reading the responses there its convinced me that raising is a lot better than flatting. My whole argument for flatting doesn't really make sense.

I tanked for a couple of minutes before calling. I just hated every raise size. I also presumed he would fold the part of his range I think he has the most here when he flats, which is 66-JJ. I'm really not sure what he would do with them type of hands if I make it 130 or so.

I probably gave him too much credit also despite thinking he was pretty bad because I assumed he would fold a lot of middling pairs to the 5 bet by realising he is crushed the majority of the time. When really Hectorjelly and Jbravado are right that he never puts in 50 and not see a flop.

Anyway i ended up calling. Then C/C 3 streets on a T7267. I obviously hate value because it was sooo obvious on the turn that we were good yet I still just c/c. AgainI didn't think he would call a raise with worse. He bet 30 flop. 30 turn. 60 river. He had 88 not sure if he was value betting or bluffing.

UTG had 89o.

Comment

Working...
                        X