Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing takes apart an argument or line of questioning more effectively than the use of the word "preposterous".

Wp Dom.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Wow!
        she missed a landing. downgraded to average

Comment

for Hitch
          a 12 week blob. His name was Bob., Bob the blob. So we draw the line at 12 weeks then. Id hate to see the process at 21 weeks. Ah Jaysus, he's no bigger then Messi

https://www.google.ie/search?q=foetu...uIKLnJBOoClDM:

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 19-01-18, 19:00.

Comment

Going to Dublin tomorrow night, Tapas de Lola is booked out F**k it. Any recommendations.

Mid range price but with a bit of atmosphere and close to centre of town.

Have actually booked The Larder but not convinced.. Fairly flexible food wise.
              sigpic
              Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
                Going to Dublin tomorrow night, Tapas de Lola is booked out F**k it. Any recommendations.

Mid range price but with a bit of atmosphere and close to centre of town.

Have actually booked The Larder but not convinced.. Fairly flexible food wise.
                FX Buckley

Comment

Clipped together from a ream of sources by some lad off reddit.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Excellent.

ROG's brutal, brutal honesty makes it even better.
                  Last edited by Emmet; 19-01-18, 20:12.

Comment

Comment

Dave Letterman was very decent, cheers, think it was you who recommended it yesterday.
                      Yeah we both thought it was good. Nice and relaxed too. Clooney on next week

Comment

I think I may be in love with Vanessa James

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                          Read some interesting facts that abortion with no reason has led to nearly 100% of babies with Down Syndrome in Iceland, Denmark and France (only ones I've seen stats for) been aborted, often the ones that are born is a result of the wrong result on the pre-natal screening.
                          No babies with down syndrome were aborted. You have to be born to be a baby.

The NIPT test is available in Ireland. I sure many avail of it and some travel to the UK as a result.
                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            What's your opinion on PGS (Preimplantation genetic screening)?

It's an option available for people going through IVF. Embryos are screened for various issues, Downs being one. Afaik it's not possible in Ireland to implant an embryo with Downs, as in the clinics won't do it, not sure about the UK.

What's your opinion of healthy frozen embryos never being implanted, being either destroyed or used for research?
                            Would love to get an answer on this Jack.

I'm only asking a question, don't really have an opinion on it.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Would love to get an answer on this Jack.

I'm only asking a question, don't really have an opinion on it.
                              To be honest, haven't really thought too much about it but it sounds like that movie Gattaca.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                    When you play a hand really well, but your opponent is Kevin Hart!

The first 2 episodes of this is on Youtube if anyone is at a loose end for some televised poker. It's basically The Big Game rehashed a little, where a qualifer is invited to play with the pros and gets to keep any profit.

Hollywood star Kevin Hart and poker pro Daniel Negreanu take on Challenger Mila Munroe at the cash tables in Monte Carlo. She has to play 150 hands of poker ...

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                        Wasn’t there a good study done in the states on the link between pro rata crime statistics falling and the correlation with the wider availabilty of abortions?
                                        I thought this had been discredited, either something about leaded petrol or a general decline in crime rates?

Comment

There's definitely a significant group of ardent pro-choicers that need to be kept in the background if they're not to scare off potential swing voters. Big success of marriage equality referendum was the inclusive nature of it, but there's some of the pro-choice that seem to be approaching it as 'this is a women's issue, so men better do what they want'. It's quite alienating, and the opposite of what's needed to win this type of nuanced referendum where people recognise that abortion is a rather horrible idea, but also a necessary service to have.
                                          Yeah neither side understands the median voter theory.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 19-01-18, 23:37.

Comment

Comment

Bought a tub of MSG in the asian shop last week, tried it for the first time last night in a stir fry and it was dynamite, just a pinch. Good good stuff.

Also bought a tub of Cock flavoured seasoning for the second time.

The first time was for photojokes but it turned out to be quite tasty.

Comment

Bit of Helen Mirren on Graham Norton

Comment

Bought a tub of MSG in the asian shop last week, tried it for the first time last night in a stir fry and it was dynamite, just a pinch. Good good stuff.

So you love cock and the saltiness that is msg.

That's the same reaction hitch had after meeting couriercollie

Comment

I've about a 0 from 100 success rate in predicting political events, but think that's why the FF shift is what wins it. You've Niall Collins, Timmy Dooley, and random other country folk coming out and going 'yeah we need to repeal, this is awful'. FF voters were the swing vote, and probably the opposition, in terms of social conservativism on repeal, and now all their representatives are talking convincingly about how it needs to go.
                                                      Most FF TD's would still be opposed to this. I don't think MM changing his position makes a big difference. I doubt there are a lot of genuine swing voters in this one. If the repeal side can get young voters out in big numbers they win, otherwise the other side will win as more of their voters will definitely get out to vote.

Comment

The best part of a Saturday morning shower is the patented two towel lie and dry.
                                                        I have one towel
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                          The best part of a Saturday morning shower is the patented two towel lie and dry.
                                                          I have one towel
                                                          Lie and dry, what sort of a pervert are you?

Comment

Heard a clip of that yoke Steen from Iona on the radio bullying some senator into admitting she likes killing babies... :Rolleyes:
                                                            Would be worth considering emigration for the next 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Heard a clip of that yoke Steen from Iona on the radio bullying some senator into admitting she likes killing babies... :Rolleyes:
                                                              Would be worth considering emigration for the next 6 months
                                                              The line from the anti side is invariably 'so you love murdering innocent babies eh?'

And the quality of debate then declines from there.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                Most FF TD's would still be opposed to this. I don't think MM changing his position makes a big difference. I doubt there are a lot of genuine swing voters in this one. If the repeal side can get young voters out in big numbers they win, otherwise the other side will win as more of their voters will definitely get out to vote.
                                                                I would say there is a huge middle ground on this one.

The middle ground are the ones who would approve abortion in cases of mothers life is at risk or fatel fetal abnormality. Abortion without any reason will be the issue to that middle ground.

Comment

It's sportstime abort the abortion . Ulster game the standout one tomorrow . Have to book my window to offload chislers

Comment

Comment

Lie and dry, what sort of a pervert are you?
                                                                      A pervert with only one towel
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Abortion is already legal for all circumstances for Irish people, so no-one is being asked to approve abortion. Only whether it should be allowed in Ireland as opposed to UK, with the associated women's health benefits.
                                                                        This is a poor argument just because something is accessible in a nearby country doesn’t mean we as a sovereign nation need to agree with it or accommodate it. Euthansia, cannabis, lower ages of sexual consent etc are legal in countries close by it doesn’t mean we should change our beliefs and laws to acoomodate them.

Comment

This is a poor argument just because something is accessible in a nearby country doesn’t mean we as a sovereign nation need to agree with it or accommodate it. Euthansia, cannabis, lower ages of sexual consent etc are legal in countries close by it doesn’t mean we should change our beliefs and laws to acoomodate them.
                                                                          Yes Yes. Hmmmm.

Comment

While your point has a certain immediate ring of sense from it there is one key difference - none of those things has an existing constitutional provision that provides for it.

We have said, in the constitution; you can travel to have an abortion, you can have information about abortion and you can even have an abortion here in REALLY restrictive circumstances. The issue is the first and third matters. The 8th is overly restrictive in its application and, as Peter Sutherland pointed out 35 years ago, if you legislate in the constitution it is bound to cause absurdities. But explicitly allowing for travel is an open admission, on a constitutional basis, that we are ok with abortion once it doesn’t happen here. That is a big difference between this situation and age of consent, cannabis etc.
                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

This is an argument in the opposite direction to what I guess you intend in my eyes.

The government are rightly considering legislation to ban sex offenders from travelling to countries with low ages of consent in order to stop them carrying out what we would consider crimes in Ireland. Similarly people are under serious threat of prosecution and jail if they bring a terminally ill loved one to Switzerland to avail of euthanasia services.

The obvious follow on from this is that we should stop pregnant women travelling abroad to get an abortion, as well as prosecuting those who do after the fact. The reality of the situation is that there is either no appetite for this in the country, or that those who think we should are unwilling to admit it in public.

If we can stop people travelling to be euthanised, we can (and have done) stop people travelling to get abortions.

If we are unwilling to do the latter, then the fact is that we are happy for abortion to be legal for Irish women, with just a simple location caveat that is a really mealy-mouthed and pathetic sop to 'resistance' by people you would think should be frothing at the mouth if they believe the process involves murdering babies.

Comment

...

Comment

Always find it strange that people with extreme views about other religions being extremist tend to have the most extremist views in their own religion.
                                                                                  I find it strange that you could find that strange.

Comment

Always find it strange that people with extreme views about other religions being extremist tend to have the most extremist views in their own religion.
                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

...

Comment

When you channel your inner Van Basten!

*not sure he meant it

Comment

Leinster absolutely shredding Montpellier here. Wonderful stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                            When you channel your inner Van Basten!

*not sure he meant it

Looks more like he's trying to tee up the fella coming in at the back post for a relatively simple nod in

Seriously impressive if he meant it as he took it on as cool as you like

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              I thought Picamoles had broken Larmour earlier but the kid got up like it was nothing
                                                                                              If this group ends up as it stands the rest of the weekend will be even more interesting... You'd have to have been some sort of a gobshite to have got themselves committed to driving up and down the country tomorrow

Comment

I thought Picamoles had broken Larmour earlier but the kid got up like it was nothing
                                                                                                If this group ends up as it stands the rest of the weekend will be even more interesting... You'd have to have been some sort of a gobshite to have got themselves committed to driving up and down the country tomorrow
                                                                                                Problem from an Irish perspective now is that Wasps have something to play for vs Ulster tomorrow.

There might be no English teams in the QFs!

Comment

Larmour was coached at hockey by an old team mate of mine - ended up getting capped for Ireland. Ridiculous athlete.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      I'd love to get Lowe's opinion on comparison between the comps and the quality vs Super Rugby and the Chiefs. This Leinster team seems be excelling at every area of the game

Comment

Glasgow scored two of the tries of the tournament about 90 seconds apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                          I'd love to get Lowe's opinion on comparison between the comps and the quality vs Super Rugby and the Chiefs. This Leinster team seems be excelling at every area of the game
                                                                                                          He's dynamite but desperately needs to learn and trust the defensive patterns. Doesn't use the touchline as a defender enough for me.

Also, I love the offloads and the positivity, but some times he really needs to have a go at some ABC shit too.

Excellent that Leinster managed to go and win away without Sexton or Fardy (my player of the year so far for them). We were on the ropes for the last 10 mins of first half and came out on fire for the start of the second. Great turnaround.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                            He's dynamite but desperately needs to learn and trust the defensive patterns. Doesn't use the touchline as a defender enough for me.

Also, I love the offloads and the positivity, but some times he really needs to have a go at some ABC shit too.

Excellent that Leinster managed to go and win away without Sexton or Fardy (my player of the year so far for them). We were on the ropes for the last 10 mins of first half and came out on fire for the start of the second. Great turnaround.
                                                                                                            Delighted to see Larmour quietly doing the dirty work all day. He’s no Lowe or Zebo from a defensive perspective that’s for sure. Good to see Carbery getting a run too.
                                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Are they allowed blow it up early in the Premiership?

Arsenal 4-0 up after 22 minutes...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                Are they allowed blow it up early in the Premiership?

Arsenal 4-0 up after 22 minutes...
                                                                                                                If any team could manage a 4-4 here it's arsenal

Comment

Which shop do you use? Oriental Pantry on Moore st has to be the best around for stuff you wouldnt get in a regular supermarket, I dont think its ever let me down for some rare ingredient in a recipe.

Aromat seasoning is basically MSG? Makes anything tasty
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                    Which shop do you use? Oriental Pantry on Moore st has to be the best around for stuff you wouldnt get in a regular supermarket, I dont think its ever let me down for some rare ingredient in a recipe.

Aromat seasoning is basically MSG? Makes anything tasty
                                                                                                                    Asian emporium at Abbey street luas stop surely gets the nod?

Strangley, their Mexican section which stocks all the Boojum sauce is the only reason I went in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                      Asian emporium at Abbey street luas stop surely gets the nod?

Strangley, their Mexican section which stocks all the Boojum sauce is the only reason I went in the first place.
                                                                                                                      Boojum seems to have gone downhill last few months. What say you?

Comment

I go to Eurasia off the Fonthill rd in Clondalkin.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                          Boojum seems to have gone downhill last few months. What say you?
                                                                                                                          I've heard this place is the best kebab in Dublin.

Oh just copped Boojun is Burritos, I'll leave it there anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X