No announcement yet.

Clothes make the man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised there seems to be nothing on Tailorsmark for the BF week. Maybe they'll have something tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      Surprised there seems to be nothing on Tailorsmark for the BF week. Maybe they'll have something tomorrow.
      Head up to Kildare Village over the weekend for Black Friday. I got a 1k suit from Brooks Brothers a couple years ago for 300e. 40% off the Kildare Village price over the weekend along with Savoy Taylor, Ted Baker, Church, Hugo Boss, Armani. Suits are the one thing that it's particularly good for imo.

Comment

Post here pls.

I suspect they've stopped doing offers.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Tailors Mark email:

BUY 2 ITEMS & ENTER CODE

SAVE10

at checkout for 10% off* with two items in your cart

BUY 3 ITEMS & ENTER CODE

SAVE20

at checkout for 20% off* with three items in your cart

BUY 4 ITEMS & ENTER CODE

SAVE30

at checkout for 30% off* with four items in your cart
          There's also a banner on the website to save £13 on a first order if you sign up to the newsletter.

Comment

Tailors Mark email:

There's also a banner on the website to save £13 on a first order if you sign up to the newsletter.
            Usually the discount was 50%. I must have blocked their emails, thanks.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Save 30 code gives you 30% off when you buy 4 or more items. Good until cob today

Comment

They have 20% off gift cards according to an email I got with the code 2019GIFT20

Comment

Found some moths at home, and holes in multiple jumpers. Bastards.

Is there anyone good in Dublin worth sending them to? (whenever they're back open)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Found some moths at home, and holes in multiple jumpers. Bastards.

Is there anyone good in Dublin worth sending them to? (whenever they're back open)
                    Not sure about repair places but Mrs Lao Lao picked up some cedar wood blocks a while back in Article in Powerscourt which repel moths.

Article is closed but am sure you could pick them up online somewhere.

Comment

I went looking for bespoke shoes while I was in Warsaw. There are two main guys, one that's pushing 90 or so where they're a chance you won't be able to pick them up. And a second-generation guy around the corner (not related). The prices were obv a fraction of UK, but still more than you'd normally spend. The construction looks good, but their default style is quite heavy. Double and triple stitching for the uppers is common ( https://kielman.pl/wp-content/upload...meskie_009.jpg ). And tbh, I was a bit crestfallen when I looked around the shoe room. They use Polish and Romanian leathers I just don't think the quality is there. The shoes just don't look good. I had a very strong idea of what I wanted and what colour. And they keep showing me only the same two brown hides. If you're going for a product like that we really want it to be exactly what you want.

When I walked it I asked the owner about bespoke
                      "you know they take x months and y money"

I mean if you're a tourist walking in off the street you're probably going there specifically and know that

I found it funny too that they were trying to put me off the bevelled waist - and it was an extra - surely half the point of bespoke is that you get a really light well-fitted shoe.

It's unfortunate because I really wanted to put in an order but I couldn't justify it.
                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-02-22, 11:26.

Comment

Had a very annoying experience in the local 'high end' menswear place last week.

Went in and said that I was getting married in a couple of months so wanted to buy a suit. The assistant stared at me blankly for a couple of seconds before saying 'I suppose you better have a look around so'. After a while he came back over to me and asked me had I seen anything I liked. I hadn't particularly but I gave him a rough idea of what I was after in terms of colour and weave. Cue more blank staring, so I said 'there was one over here that was alright' and pointed it out.

That was it then, no other suit would be looked at for the rest of the interaction. He brings me over a few different sizes of jacket to try ranging from 38 to 34 (with measuring tape billowing in the breeze around his neck). One jacket too big, the other one too small - "I'd go with the one that's too small myself because it will be neater looking", says he. I'm getting married, pal - I'm after one that fits. Like, minimum I'd expect service wise is a guy to say there's one similar in a different brand here that fits slightly differently and might work better, but not a word of it.

Anyway I could go on but between the jigs and the reels I decided to book an appointment in Louis Copeland in Cork. I don't really have time I'd say to get something custom so will be looking for something off the rack that they can alter to a suitable fit. Anyone done similar? I presume I'll get an experience where at least they will measure something before throwing shitty clothes at me?

Comment

Had a very annoying experience in the local 'high end' menswear place last week.

Went in and said that I was getting married in a couple of months so wanted to buy a suit. The assistant stared at me blankly for a couple of seconds before saying 'I suppose you better have a look around so'. After a while he came back over to me and asked me had I seen anything I liked. I hadn't particularly but I gave him a rough idea of what I was after in terms of colour and weave. Cue more blank staring, so I said 'there was one over here that was alright' and pointed it out.

That was it then, no other suit would be looked at for the rest of the interaction. He brings me over a few different sizes of jacket to try ranging from 38 to 34 (with measuring tape billowing in the breeze around his neck). One jacket too big, the other one too small - "I'd go with the one that's too small myself because it will be neater looking", says he. I'm getting married, pal - I'm after one that fits. Like, minimum I'd expect service wise is a guy to say there's one similar in a different brand here that fits slightly differently and might work better, but not a word of it.

Anyway I could go on but between the jigs and the reels I decided to book an appointment in Louis Copeland in Cork. I don't really have time I'd say to get something custom so will be looking for something off the rack that they can alter to a suitable fit. Anyone done similar? I presume I'll get an experience where at least they will measure something before throwing shitty clothes at me?

I bought my wedding suite in Louis Copeland in Dublin, about three and a half years ago. I bought one off the shelf and they tailored it to fit me perfectly. Overall service was excellent, absolutely no complaints from my side. Suit, shirt and tie was just over 800 quid if I remember correctly. I can't see how the Cork branch would be any different although there may be the langer effect

Comment

That's good to hear. I've girded my loins for a €1k hit, as long as the suit looks good on the day I suppose it will be worth it. Buying a really nice one is something I've toyed with for a few years and I guess if I'm ever going to do it now is the time.

Comment

That's good to hear. I've girded my loins for a €1k hit, as long as the suit looks good on the day I suppose it will be worth it. Buying a really nice one is something I've toyed with for a few years and I guess if I'm ever going to do it now is the time.
                              That sounds like a particularly bad experience, I’m sure Louis Copeland will be very good.

I got married almost 2 years ago now, bought my suit from a local place.
                              They have a separate upstairs section, similar to what you’d imagine a bridal shop might have with couches, coffee machine, plenty of room for groomsmen & so forth.

They tend to keep specific suits & shirts up there that aren’t generally on the shop floor so that there is smaller chance of crossover with guests.

They have a specific guy who works on weddings and for someone like me whose dress sense is particularly juvenile, I found it painless, almost enjoyable tbh.

Comment

€1100 I dropped on a three piece after. Being altered at the moment. I'm going to be pretty particular about the alterations, fingers crossed the end result justifies the outlay.

Comment

Working...
                                X