• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Hand Histories

Was thinking of buying some Hand Histories for ipoker

PTR do 2million for $44 and they date back to Oct 24th
    Handhq do 2million for $37 and they date back to Sept 5th

What's the criteria for datamining hands as handhq can do the 2million in 4 days while we have a 16 day range for PTR. Which is the best deal here?

Go with HH's with more of a spread as many regs can take a couple of days off and you could miss hands on them completely, where as getting a good spread of dates will more than likely catch most of the regs in your games.

Comment

Originally posted by Mullicker View Post
      Go with HH's with more of a spread as many regs can take a couple of days off and you could miss hands on them completely, where as getting a good spread of dates will more than likely catch most of the regs in your games.
      Yeah that's what i was thinking. Just wondering how the sites choose which hands to include in their database when there was maybe 10m hands played from Oct 24th but they only offer 2m?

Comment

Very unethical to buy HH imo, unless you are only buying HH in which you were involved in (highly unlikely).

FT and PS will ban for buying HH.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Was thinking of buying some Hand Histories for ipoker
          Originally posted by wastedmushroom View Post
          Very unethical to buy HH imo, unless you are only buying HH in which you were involved in (highly unlikely).

FT and PS will ban for buying HH.
          Well i don't need to buy HH i was involved in because they are on my laptop. Unethical maybe, but i get 1m hands for the cost of making 1 incorrect $20 play because i had no stats.

The positives WAYYYY outway the negatives here

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            Well i don't need to buy HH i was involved in because they are on my laptop. Unethical maybe, but i get 1m hands for the cost of making 1 incorrect $20 play because i had no stats.

The positives WAYYYY outway the negatives here
            If iPoker weren't so incompetent I would disagree with the last statement. Still there may be a risk that buying HH might be enough to trigger FTP/PS to lock your account...

That's all I'll say on the topic, no point in getting into a datamining debate. It's a well covered topic at this stage!

Comment

PTR are always emailing me offering discounts or free day trials i think,
              maybe subscribe and wait to get an offer email maybe half price

EDIT just disregard my post, im sure they said 33% off before but offer is over id say, lastest email from them is only 10% off, googling would find better than that i suppose or the $44 dollar option is probably the best anyway
              Last edited by badugi; 09-11-10, 21:17.

Comment

Working...
              X