The Stupid Play's Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stupid Play's Log

Im just going to log my many stupid plays at the end of tournaments here, so I can look back and not cod myself.

Now I wont be posting my regular enough " i shipped the 109s over his button raise and got snapped with ak" or " i shipped no pair no draw because i was sure he didn't have it" etc, as i do loads of that kind of thing and there is usually a point to it

1 Dungarvan 5k 24/9

Getting down the last few tables and after a nice few steels i decide to push J4s (maybe 18bbs) on the button over a player who is always going to call. Considering the other players at the table this was brain-dead to say the least.

2 Trip to Tipp 1/10

This is without a doubt the worst hand Ive ever played in 10-15 years of poker.

Come onto new table with 17 left and a slightly below average stack 40bb. Call young players UTG raise with AJus (Cut-off+1) maybe, call on an A high flop and then decide to push turn harmless card to be snapped with A5 2 pair. I mean for F**k sake calling down isnt that bad given standard chances of younger player going bet/bet/bet with something that i beat. This is the definition of a 100% pointless play with no upside at all.. Im only getting called by better and folding out worse.

Lesson learned hopefully from that low point.

Onto Warm-up for hopefully no posts here.
    sigpic
    Longshotvalue.com

Carlow Monte Monthly

First hand of the FT.

Ive about 140k on button blinds. are 2k4k 4k button ante. 3 limpers for 4 k i look down at a10H and decide to limp along, the big stack is to my left with double my stack. He makes it 18 k and it folds around to me and i ship ( i had it in my head that he might try to take the free money on the table and kind of assumed his range was big) He snapped of with ak.

I promised myself id stop this kind of huge variance play , there will be far better opportunities.

Main problem here is Murt (the big stack tends not to be going mad) and once i made up my mind i couldn't change it (which is silly) .

Obviously it came 10 high , which is grand, but doesn't detract from a stupid play.

New Years resolution didn't last long.

Hopefully there wont be too may more of these
    sigpic
    Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Just raise pre, and exploit range advantage over limpers in position.

Squeezer is less likely to be wide oop.

Comment

Pushing a set of 8s after a river raise from an unknown player is just silly with twice the average when he is the only player to have me covered. boards is 23k86, i checked the turn which was working for me before this had to make a big bet on river. i bet 4k into a 6 k pot he made it 12 and i stupidly went all in for 65k, not seeing the 45 (i mean FFsake im often in there with the old 45 myself.). He cant really call with beating my set (that said he made a rather light all in call earlier). FFS just call.
        sigpic
        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

I want the call off with the 5 added, KT85K board ��

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
            I want the call off with the 5 added, KT85K board ��
            Fair Chance you were at it there , based on the other rounds of betting and history , k on the river helps me as you cant have that. Debatable which is worse being a calling station of trying to bluff one.

Id prefer to add the Shove with the AK, that was far more stupid. The 5 bet from me is just zero sum 90% of the time deep stacked.
            sigpic
            Longshotvalue.com

Comment

The lead on river was strange, unless you were inducing the bluff, which wouldn’t explain the tank, plus there were four of us in the hand at the river. The other two both folded an 8.

It was a fun table 👍

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                The lead on river was strange, unless you were inducing the bluff, which wouldn’t explain the tank, plus there were four of us in the hand at the river. The other two both folded an 8.

It was a fun table 👍
                Lead on the river was probably me just not knowing what to do and doing something plus some gut feeling. My calling after tanking % is about 95 though
                sigpic
                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Been a while , not because there havnt been any stupid plays, just not playing decent games much.

FT propable leading with 8 keft paying 5.

decide to limp 44.

Flop 779, bet out 25 k (ive 240) get raised by sensible good player to 77, and decide to push, going with my initial read that i was ahead. I wasnt as fairly obviously he was committed with another 77 behind and unsurprisingly had a 9.

Im bascially 1/3 to just get into the top 3 which will probably split the main cash, so its a silly move.

So set fire to about 1k with a stupid limp and push when there was no need.
                  sigpic
                  Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
                    Been a while , not because there havnt been any stupid plays, just not playing decent games much.

decide to limp 44.

Flop 779, bet out 25 k (ive 240) get raised by sensible good player to 77, and decide to push, going with my initial read that i was ahead. I wasnt as fairly obviously he was committed with another 77 behind and unsurprisingly had a 9.

Im bascially 1/3 to just get into the top 3 which will probably split the main cash, so its a silly move.

Ah they went to a good home.

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post

decide to limp 44.

what position ? why decide to limp ? need more info imo

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                        what position ? why decide to limp ? need more info imo
                        No need for info. Thre is no debate, i did something silly. All im doing is logging some of the f**k ups
                        sigpic
                        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post
                          Ah they went to a good home.
                          No Doubt. Laughable blow up there. I wouldnt mind only i dont normally loose the plot in that senario, only a few of the money with a load of chips.

Obviously my blow ups are frequent in general but that was super fishy..
                          sigpic
                          Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Working...
                          X