UTG 5,100
    UTG+1 14,000
    UTG+2 20,000
    Button 16,000

Blinds 200/400 25 ante

Action
    UTG raises to 1,200
    UTG+1 thinks and calls 1,200
    UTG+2 thinks and raises to 3,750 (or 4,250 not entirely sure as a guy with a few drinks was distracting me from the exact amount)

Reads and possible ranges
    UTG - Tight enough player with small stack. Loosens up when gets chips. Pair 6+ plus AJs+
    UTG+1 - Regular fitz player on the good side of average. Calling range in this position would be any pair/suited Ace/Ace good kicker
    UTG+2 - Good Lag, probably best player at the table but only joined the table less than an orbit and already took a 5k pot off me when I had 6s and he continuation bet a J52 flop which I called and he fired again on a Q turn. Range - honestly (imo) any 2 cards

JJ on the button - fold/call/raise? - What is your move?

I fold and be pretty happy about it tbh

Comment

I think it's raise or fold here in this spot.

If raising, I would see it as a push preflop - I don't really see benefit of making it for example 10k to go leaving yourself 6k behind...

However, I think JJ is a fold in this spot, with a shortstacked UTG and also UTG+1 still to act behind you.

I don't think I could lay down QQ here, though.

Comment

Shove.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
          JJ on the button - fold/call/raise? - What is your move?
          You can't call here regardless of the player description as you leave the hand wide open to a shove from either of UTG and UTG+1. I can see some arguement for a shove here given your descriptions of the players but it's still a raise UTG and a 3 bet in early position so I couldn't see myself shoving here. I agree with BK and fold this spot.

If you could somehow forecast an UTG or UTG+1 shove with any pair or big ace then possibly you could call hoping that he gets it in light to steal given the pot size, but that's extremely player dependent, and you'd still have to be prepared to call should the 3-better call the shove, so I just don't see it.

Comment

A tricky hand. With 40 BB left behind you may be as well waiting for a better spot.

If I was UTG+2 I would not raise here light after beating you in a recent pot and with UTG shortstacked it's less likely he'll win this hand without a showdown.

I can see UTG+2 playing the hand this way with premium holdings of AA KK and QQ. It's the type of spot a LAG really benefits from his image and if he is good as you say he is he might just be trying to tempt you into a tilt shove.

I'd tank fold, you should get plenty more oppourtunites to snap off UTG+2 raises so I'd pass on this spot.
            You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Shove based on player info.
              Last edited by Wombatman; 03-08-10, 13:22.
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

If your reads are correct then I shove.

Comment

If UTG+2 is good I fold, because he should know that it's very unlikely that UTG is opening to 3x and folding when he has only got 13bbs, and he should therefore have a very tight range.

If UTG+2's range is actually any 2, then I would assume that he isn't actually any good and is just overly spewy. This is a terrible spot to squeeze light for him.

Comment

I fold also. The shortie is almost certainly committed(infact if he folded ANYTHING here it would be awful). UTG+2 should know this and should have a pretty strong hand here. I fold and feel good about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                      I fold also. The shortie is almost certainly committed(infact if he folded ANYTHING here it would be awful). UTG+2 should know this and should have a pretty strong hand here. I fold and feel good about it.
                      Pretty much this. I would have given UTG a tighter range than you suggest there altho i hadn't been at the table too long then. I wouldnt worry about UTG+1 cos your ahead of him all day long, UTG+2 is a very good player so i would be surprised if he was repopping here with a weakish hand given UTG's stack. I was pretty surprised you had JJ in that spot

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                        Pretty much this. I would have given UTG a tighter range than you suggest there altho i hadn't been at the table too long then. I wouldnt worry about UTG+1 cos your ahead of him all day long, UTG+2 is a very good player so i would be surprised if he was repopping here with a weakish hand given UTG's stack. I was pretty surprised you had JJ in that spot
                        You may be right with the UTG tighter range - I was basing it on the play afterwards really - which may be a mistake. I know UTG+2 is a good player and posts here and was hoping to hear his side at some stage. Be interested to hear a few more views if any ...

Comment

You may be right with the UTG tighter range - I was basing it on the play afterwards really - which may be a mistake. I know UTG+2 is a good player and posts here and was hoping to hear his side at some stage. Be interested to hear a few more views if any ...
                          She definately got way looser with the bigger stack, or I percieved her to be playing looser anyway altho she didnt get to many showdowns. But when i joined table first i thought she was rocking it up.

PM him there for a response

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                            She definately got way looser with the bigger stack, or I percieved her to be playing looser anyway altho she didnt get to many showdowns. But when i joined table first i thought she was rocking it up.

PM him there for a response
                            By the way I had AKs and then KK the two times I came over your raises - and then the sick setup of 10s > Qs!

Comment

By the way I had AKs and then KK the two times I came over your raises - and then the sick setup of 10s > Qs!
                              I wasn't even going to mention it!! I had garbage both times Dwelled up for effect obviously altho after that i decided if you did it again i was going all in, fuck it

Comment

I'm happy shoving here. Shorty UTG has a ton of smaller pairs and AK/AQ in his range that we're either dominating or delighted to be flipping with. UTG+1 is almost certainly folding to a squeeze. UTG+2 knows this and he's taking the opportunity to isolate the shorty.

But the most important thing is that we've got tons of fold equity. When we shove, UTG+2 has to seriously consider folding AK and even QQ because our hand looks so strong. So then we're heads up all in against UTG with a ton of extra chips in the middle and should feel very good about it.

If UTG+2 turns up with a better hand or finds a call with AK and hits, well c'est la poker.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

this is a definite fold if u consider the utg player and/or utg+2 re raiser to be anyway competent at all.
                                  he/she should never be re raising an utg raise from utg+2 from someone who has 13 bigs and has opened for 1/4 of their stack here without a range of hands that JJ plays badly against....
                                  additonal, with 20% of his stack in the middle pre (inc antes), utg should never ever be opening any hand here hes not trying to get all in with.
                                  Last edited by Norwichfanrob; 04-08-10, 12:45.

Comment

Working...
                                  X