Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair level of life tilt this evening.

Went to AIB to get a mortgage a few months ago. Gathered all the requisite documents, passed their stress test based on rent I've paid in current apartment for last 4 years which works out ~€200 more than what the monthly mortgage payments would have been. I have low six figure sum savings, majority made up of gambling winnings of which I was very transparent about and advisor said it would be fine and gives me approval in principal for the standard 3.5 times salary and tells me start searching for property. Also had me come in and sit through what seemed like an eternity of a presentation on life assurance by some GAA player bore where he tells me 46 different conditions that I could get that could debilities me.

So a few months of traipsing around Dublin/greater Dublin I eventually find somewhere that seems right and put a bid down and got accepted. Find a solicitor, pay a holding deposit and pay for a survey to be done and contact the bank to get things in motion. Advisor calls me today and tells me my mortgage got rejected from above citing that my savings weren't feasible based on salary and lacked appropriate proof of funding.

Just seems appaling customer service to allow someone go through all that and then reject them on an issue that should have been dealt with properly at the outset.

And I dont get how Shona from Dalkey who's daddy stumped up her deposit or Bríd and Donal who moved back in with his parents in Bettystown as they couldn't rent and save at the same time are seen as less of a risk than someone who comfortably rents and saves for years
    Profit before people.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Stranger things is for xfiles fans who also loved the Goonies (apparently)

Comment

That's shit Sitch. Hopefully GAB's advice gets you over the line.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Similar spot with the customer service. We went for a mortgage with GF as the main applicant as I was still back in college.

Bank advisor assured her she reached the exception criteria which basically worked out at 3.8x opposed to the usual 3.5.
            They reneged and we were left with no approval.

What we did was contact a private mortgage advisor, some of them have exceptions themselves due to their dealings with specific banks.

Perhaps that's something to look at, obviously best of luck and post all your bets

Comment

Stick the 100k on a horse.

Hope it works out.

Comment

That's outrageous. I'd expect there is enough competition for business these days that you should be able to get sorted to another bank fairly quickly.

Probably no harm as GAB says to involve an accountant first.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

So you had mortgage approval and then they withdrew it when you went to draw down?

just looking over my email traffic with them and I got this at the time of approval:

Good news – please find attached Approval in Principle for €<lots of>k of mortgage facilities as requested.

Once you find a property and go sale agreed, the next step is for Letter of Offer/Legal pack to issue to your Solicitor.

I am delighted to be able to support yourself and MrsDIII with mortgage facilities.
                  The actual Approval letter seemed to have plenty of scope to back out, so guess that's what they fall back on in your case.

If we don’t receive the information we have asked you for, to verify the details we used to assess your application, we won’t be able to offer you a loan.
                  We may ask you to update some of the information you send us after six months to make sure that everything is still in order.
                  This letter is not a contract and it lasts until 25/10/2019. Between then and now, if there are any changes to anything you have already told us, you need to tell us, as it may affect how much you can afford to borrow.
                  Still pretty poxy. You should ask them to specify the reasons. I would not say the savings were from gambooling, just 'savings' (given your frugal disposition ).
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...Selling a holiday...

...As title says, I am selling a holiday worth approx €1700 for €1100 ono... It is 8 nights in Lanzarote staying in
                    R2 Bahía Kontiki Beach Aparthotel, Flying out on Tuesday 23rd July, coming home on Wednesday 1st August...The only thing you need to do is change the name on the flights... Obviously a genuine offer, we paid for the holiday but unfortunately can't make it...If interested or know anyone that would be, please get in touch...

...Ps, maybe selling a 2nd holiday at a later date to Turkey FFS...

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;1102858.

Still pretty poxy. You should ask them to specify the reasons. I would not say the savings were from gambooling, just 'savings' (given your frugal disposition ).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm gonna wait until I receive the offical letter of rejection to see what it says exactly and then act on it.

AIB is the bank I use day to day so they'd obv have record of all account goings on and havent concealed the transactions so transparency was the only way to go. It's probably the occasional big cash deposits from shop wins that would be a concern for them as I guess it looks dodgy form their perspective.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        That sounds very odd. I thought a 10-2 majority is required. And if it's not reached it goes back to the DPP? Didn't think they got off.
                        But maybe there's case specifics you can't go into.

The affirmation vrs swearing on the bible cane up during my citizenship ceremony. It's basically the exact same process. You simple say affirm rather than "swear by almighty god", and don't involve a bible or whatever. Although we were given the words on a card, one set in either side. Sounds like the courts could do with the same.
                        The judge specifically said it had to be a unanimous decision, no majority verdict would be accepted. If that was the start point and she might change it, then it was explained terribly.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                          Security is surprisingly lax in Toontown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezpqexUv5IE
                          This is all kinds of grim really, the ease at which the women are punched by men is startling.

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                          The judge specifically said it had to be a unanimous decision, no majority verdict would be accepted. If that was the start point and she might change it, then it was explained terribly.
                          Interesting to hear Kayroos views on how this occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            Situations tales of woe with AIB remind me of a very funny incident.

When we sold Our Conor I walked into AIB Newbridge with the cheque. At the time there was a gatekeeper full time on the queue for the teller windows and they were annoying people and ushering them to the self service. They still do that to a lesser extent but at the time they'd mark you like Brian Lohan.

Anyway, in I rock, the gatekeeper is busy bothering an elderly farmer about how he can do his business at the machine so i slip up the inside into the queue. I was well familiar with the machines but on this occasion I wanted to make sure I got a proper receipt for lodgement of the cheque and walk out with ease. She spotted me and accosted me in the queue.

Gatekeeper: What's your business today? Maybe a machine would work.
                            Me: Ah I'm grand, il just go to the counter.
                            Gatekeeper: Are you lodging that cheque, I'l show you how...

We went back and forth and i relented and went to the machine. The machine wouldn't accept the cheque so I slinked back over into the queue where I was accosted again. Following questioning ..

Me: I think the cheque is too big for the machine
                            Gatekeeper: (scoffing at me) it accepts all cheque sizes, they only get so big.
                            Me: No I mean it's for too much money [at this point I peel back the cheque to show her the value]
                            Gatekeeper: One moment sir

Before I had time to change my mind she was gone out the back and returned with the bank manager who was ushering me into his office while giving instructions for coffee and biscuits to be delivered.

2 days later I had a personalised letter and direct dial phone number for my dedicated account manager along with follow up phone calls about investment options and wondering if I needed a loan? Within a few days I'd dispatched the money to the four corners of Ireland and I'd say they had the disappointment of a young lad at a teenage disco once he saw the bird he kissed the previous week walk off with another lad.
                            That bird is probably raging now GAB. Your 1st broken heart ?

For me it was Italia 90. That goal...

T shit on all day. Still burnt to a crisp . Damn my pasty Irish skin

Comment

For anyone interested, explosions in the sky tickets just gone on sale for 20th anniversary tour next Feb in vicar st.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                The series is called Stranger Things as it was originally meant to be an anthology of stories, but the kids were a hit and so as with all things American tv these days, they had to come up with the rest and blew off the original plan

So ya, the ending of the first series that felt very tacked on... was
                                Wasn't the first series released in its entitity at once?
                                Series 2 and 3 may have been tacked on. But series 1 appears to be he original story. Maybe they meant to stop it there

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                  Fair level of life tilt this evening.

Went to AIB to get a mortgage a few months ago. Gathered all the requisite documents, passed their stress test based on rent I've paid in current apartment for last 4 years which works out ~€200 more than what the monthly mortgage payments would have been. I have low six figure sum savings, majority made up of gambling winnings of which I was very transparent about and advisor said it would be fine and gives me approval in principal for the standard 3.5 times salary and tells me start searching for property. Also had me come in and sit through what seemed like an eternity of a presentation on life assurance by some GAA player bore where he tells me 46 different conditions that I could get that could debilities me.

So a few months of traipsing around Dublin/greater Dublin I eventually find somewhere that seems right and put a bid down and got accepted. Find a solicitor, pay a holding deposit and pay for a survey to be done and contact the bank to get things in motion. Advisor calls me today and tells me my mortgage got rejected from above citing that my savings weren't feasible based on salary and lacked appropriate proof of funding.

Just seems appaling customer service to allow someone go through all that and then reject them on an issue that should have been dealt with properly at the outset.

And I dont get how Shona from Dalkey who's daddy stumped up her deposit or Bríd and Donal who moved back in with his parents in Bettystown as they couldn't rent and save at the same time are seen as less of a risk than someone who comfortably rents and saves for years
                                  An accountant has been mentioned a couple of times in advice and might be worth considering.

Not exactly the same situation but I ran into a similar issue when buying my current home in 2017. It was a cash purchase from winnings and my randomly picked brief (big mistake) wouldn't sign off on source of funds under the AML legislation.

Seems obv enough the bank are refusing you on AML duty grounds based on your deposit source. I think once something outside sources they are used to dealing with is mentioned the immediate assumption is that the money source is dodgy. Once they know their arse is covered, it should be enough.

I had contacted a M8 from college previously to get a tax cert for me and he said he'd get it sorted with the solicitor when I told him of the issue.

After a bit of toing and froing between them the following email was enough in the end to get it over the line. I don't know if it would work with a bank, but has to be worth a shot.

XXXX,

Yes I can appreciate this.

My understanding is that certification of his identity by myself should be sufficient for your AML purposes. This is why I offered this in a previous email.

Aside from this, the whole purpose of the AML regime for practitioners like ourselves is to know our clients and where their money comes from. I have known Nicky for probably 15 years as we went to college together in WIT. I can only confirm again that the source of the funds being used to purchase the property is from his winnings and if I were you I would place this email on his file along with his identity documents.

When relying on third party certification, we are advised by our monitoring bodies to consider the reliability and credibility of the certifier. I am a Chartered Certified Accountant, Statutory Auditor and Chartered Tax Advisor. Our firm is under the professional monitoring of the ACCA and the Tax Institute of Ireland so I would think that I can be regarded as reliable and credible.

You can give me a call anytime if needed.

XXXXX

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Brendan Grace passed away. He was quite old so not a tragedy, but his drunken butler act was world class.
                                      Not fully confirmed yet
                                      Rumor went viral last night meant to be still hanging on

Comment

Brendan Grace passed away. He was quite old so not a tragedy, but his drunken butler act was world class.
                                        I wouldn't consider 68 as quite old.

RIP

Comment

Brendan Grace was the first comedian I went to see circa 2002-03 which as I described to you before actually coincided with one of the more tumultuous events of my life. Probably not the most PC for a young person to attend, at least in the current era but clearly fine then.

He was performing in the Gleneagle with some magician I think, can't remember the guys name, long grey hair and I think he had a parrot
                                          That could be a false memory but I'm pretty sure it's correct.

Edit: No not false, Pat Fallon was the magician, parrot could be imaginary though.
                                          Last edited by Guest; 11-07-19, 07:53.

Comment

RIGHT. COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Mainly to see will it be:
                                            "Canny skipper Morgan proved himself to be the ablest leader of Englishmen since Admiral Nelson as he forged victory over the craven Antipodeans!"

OR

"Potato-headed IRISH bogtrotter Morgan BETRAYS England in abject surrender to Aussies. Is this what we fought BREXIT for?"

<wonders will KP give him a job when his days as a wanker-banker are done>

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                              that line does tend to move outwards as ones own years stack up

Comment

RIP
                                                Whether 68 is old or not is dependent on lifestyle

He was old enough!

Comment

RIP
                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  that line does tend to move outwards as ones own years stack up
                                                  Indeed 68 is relatively young these days.
                                                  I'm shocked that he was only 68, I would have put him at least a decade older than that but I suppose he was a hard living man.

Noel Whelan's death at just 50 is a massive loss to the body politic, he was one of the smartest and most astute commentators on the political scene. Someone whose opinion was always worth reading especially when his view contradicted your own, he had a degree of integrity that is exceptional in someone who practiced at the highest level with outstanding professionalism in two of our most disreputable and inept professions, law and journalism.
                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 11-07-19, 08:33.

Comment

Any appetite for an IPB golf outing at any stage over the next few weeks.

I know they ran before but I never attended, I recently began playing again so eager to play as much as possible.

Not quite sure how many previously played but I'll start a thread if we have the interest.

Comment

RIGHT. COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Mainly to see will it be:
                                                      "Canny skipper Morgan proved himself to be the ablest leader of Englishmen since Admiral Nelson as he forged victory over the craven Antipodeans!"

OR

"Potato-headed IRISH bogtrotter Morgan BETRAYS England in abject surrender to Aussies. Is this what we fought BREXIT for?"

<wonders will KP give him a job when his days as a wanker-banker are done>
                                                      Aussie skipper gone first ball.

Comment

I mentioned the other day about people having to move out because their houses were too close to the bonfires

Apparently its not the bonfires that are the problem, its the houises

Comment

Aussie skipper gone first ball.
                                                          And Warner, the horrible cheating prick, follows him back to the dressing room!

10/2

INGERLAND, INGERLAND

Comment

Aaahhhh yaaa

United Ireland will be great craic

Comment

And Warner, the horrible cheating prick, follows him back to the dressing room!

10/2

INGERLAND, INGERLAND
                                                              Game will be over before I get near a tv

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                Game will be over before I get near a tv
                                                                that's what we thought yesterday and it turned into a classic

Comment

Inspired bowling from England so far.

Steve Smith's Aussies only hope now to salvage this. He needs to bat deep.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

As funny as it is to see this India collapse it all feels a little crapshooty after it took an age to get the worlds top 4 ODI teams into the semis to just have one match. Should be best of 3 at least imo. Shorter group stage format and longer late stage would be far more conducive to finding the actual best team.
                                                                    Thought about this and don't think best of 3s are possible for lots of reasons (e.g., if both semi-finals end 2-0 you could end up with a gap of a week before the final, can't sell tickets in advance for the third game, have to pay staff to be on standby etc).

But definitely think they should have used the IPL method of 3 semi-finals, which gives a justified advantage to the teams who finish in 1st and 2nd in the table.

So Semi-Final One would be India v Australia (winners into Final)
                                                                    Semi-Final Two. England v New Zealand (losers eliminated)
                                                                    Semi-Final Three. Winners of SF2 v losers of SF1 (winners into Final)

Comment

Inspired bowling from England so far.

Steve Smith's Aussies only hope now to salvage this. He needs to bat deep.
                                                                      14/3!!!

Woakes doing a good impersonation of Jimmy Anderson. And Smith looks all over the shop.

FINISH THEM!!! Sandpaper Piggy Smith to the pitch Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                        I'd be very likely to play.
                                                                        I thought we could certainly get 8, somewhere like Palmerstown would be pretty convenient I suspect for quite a few.

I'll see if a few more express interest and I'll set up a thread.

Comment

Would be interested in golf. Very date dependent with my shift pattern though. Also Saturday mornings are pretty much out due to running
                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                            Any appetite for an IPB golf outing at any stage over the next few weeks.

I know they ran before but I never attended, I recently began playing again so eager to play as much as possible.

Not quite sure how many previously played but I'll start a thread if we have the interest.
                                                                            I would play. Can get Castleknock but need to gauge numbers and a reasonable date.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                              That is some top class unhinged ranting

These based by my window, the amount of hi vis jackets was disturbing.
                                                                              The co-opting of the gilets jaunes for basically whatever you are protesting against annoys me a little
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                I mentioned the other day about people having to move out because their houses were too close to the bonfires
                                                                                Even more ridiculous is the fact that the group that built the bonfire and the group that had to make be out aren't mutually exclusive. It's like a vent diagram of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  The co-opting of the gilets jaunes for basically whatever you are protesting against annoys me a little
                                                                                  isn't it a handy device for recognising a half-deranged, evidence-free, possibly violent fuckwit?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                    I would play. Can get Castleknock but need to gauge numbers and a reasonable date.
                                                                                    Nice one Eoghan, I'll put up a thread with a few dates, gauge what suits best.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Aussie keeper seems to be batting with a broken jaw.

Got smashed in the helmet by a 90mph Archer missile that he didn't even see, force of the impact likely broke his jaw and knocked his helmet off.

The guy had the presence of mind to catch his helmet before it fell onto his stumps. Respect.

Comment

anyone know any wankery good brunch places in barcelona?

Comment

Aussie keeper seems to be batting with a broken jaw.

Got smashed in the helmet by a 90mph Archer missile that he didn't even see, force of the impact likely broke his jaw and knocked his helmet off.

The guy had the presence of mind to catch his helmet before it fell onto his stumps. Respect.
                                                                                            OUT!!

England needed that, 117/4

Comment

OUT!!

England needed that, 117/4
                                                                                              BOOM, 1 brings 2....118/5

Comment

Very early for Maxwell to be out there, one of the best closers but dunno if he has the patience or intelligence to build a partnership with Smith.

You'd think they need 250 to be any way competitive, boundaries are tiny at Edgbaston.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Never knew Mola Mola sunfish were a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                    Even more ridiculous is the fact that the group that built the bonfire and the group that had to make be out aren't mutually exclusive. It's like a vent diagram of stupidity.
                                                                                                    Pray for Kayroo
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Very early for Maxwell to be out there, one of the best closers but dunno if he has the patience or intelligence to build a partnership with Smith.

You'd think they need 250 to be any way competitive, boundaries are tiny at Edgbaston.
                                                                                                      Maxwell's silver hammer departs to a very odd shot.

157/6.

finish the criminal scum off England!

Comment

Maxwell's silver hammer departs to a very odd shot.

157/6.

finish the criminal scum off England!
                                                                                                        167/7 and the rabbits are out in the middle. Great spell by Rashid.

productive day today tbf

Comment

Amazing from Archer today. Although he's probably a little annoyed he didnt get the murder it looked like he was after at times
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Don't upset Starc too much by bowling him bouncers lads

Comment

I have some artwork I want to get scanned. Its on a 40x50cm page and i just want a digital file of highest quality. Any idea best place to go in town?
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

So OZ should get somewhere in the 230-250 range

Which is well under par but England have been shite chasing recently...so game on.

I fancy Root to score a classical hundred today and put these filthy Antipodean swine to the sword.

Comment

Piggy Smith, the sandpapering scoundrel run out by some genius work on the part of Buttler.

Comment

And Starc gone next ball! Tremendous stuff.

Comment

224 to win.

On paper, that's a penalty kick. Go BBV Gods.

Comment

Louis Theroux going back to the Westboro Baptists on Sunday night on BBC2 at 9pm. Third time so he is milking it a bit, though first two were excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          Louis Theroux going back to the Westboro Baptists on Sunday night on BBC2 at 9pm. Third time so he is milking it a bit, though first two were excellent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/la...t-hated-family
                                                                                                                          what's the point really?

Like they are beyond certifiably nuts, that is incontrovertible. But there's about a dozen of them, so who cares? Just smacks of freakshow TV.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X