No announcement yet.

Cheltenham day 1 (Tuesday 11th March)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i was to spend tomorrow driving atound to Paddy Power shops to take advantage of that money back offer whats the best bet to put on? Just pile into the fav?
    I wont be laying anything off on betfair.
    twitter
    moneybookers

Comment

Ladbrokes best price all fav's from 9am-10am today.Max bet 50.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NoRiverRequired; 10-03-14, 09:43.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
        If i was to spend tomorrow driving atound to Paddy Power shops to take advantage of that money back offer whats the best bet to put on? Just pile into the fav?
        I wont be laying anything off on betfair.
        My new opinion is that the first two in the market are very opposable.

Comment

Fehily rides hinterland, Jacob fucked again.

Comment

Team for Day 1 made up of -

Wicklow Brave (8/1)
            Trifolium (6/1)
            Our Conor (9/2)

Combo of win Singles & E/W Doubles/Treble

Also a small E/W Single on JJ for sentimental reasons (GL SP)

Prob have a couple of pokes on the Handicaps at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Team for Day 1 made up of -

Wicklow Brave (8/1)
              Trifolium (6/1)
              Our Conor (9/2)

Combo of win Singles & E/W Doubles/Treble

Also a small E/W Single on JJ for sentimental reasons (GL SP)

Prob have a couple of pokes on the Handicaps at the time.
              Swap out Our Conor, put in The new One = money

Comment

see that betpack are going money back if second to a ruby walsh ride (day 1 special),no idea of the t&c

Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                  this looks like my Day 1 Placepot

1) 4,15,16
                  2) 2,3,5
                  3) 8, 16, 18, 22, 23
                  4) 7,9
                  5) 5,7,9
                  6) 6,14

3 x 3 x 5 x 2 x 3 x 2 = 540 x €0.25c = €135
                  ...Quick one on this...See the way you have €0.25c...
                  ...If the place pot was paying 34euro per unit, would you only get a quarter of it?...
                  ...Never been too sure of the way it calculated...

...Ps...Listened to the last podcast last night....First 90% was very good...The final few minutes had me pissing myself laughing...Loved Nicky Henderson...

Comment

Paddy power 5/1 on the New one for a short time.
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                      see that betpack are going money back if second to a ruby walsh ride (day 1 special),no idea of the t&c

https://twitter.com/TheBetPack?origi...om%2Fstatic%2F
                      RaceBets are doing a better offer with Money back if second to a Mullins horse for Day 1.
                      (Maximum refund applied is €/£25. Refund is credited as a free bet. Stake not returned with free bet).

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                        RaceBets are doing a better offer with Money back if second to a Mullins horse for Day 1.
                        (Maximum refund applied is €/£25. Refund is credited as a free bet. Stake not returned with free bet).
                        Race bets are a crowd of cunts, opened an account with them last year, was due a 10 free bet, a fuckin tenner and they refused to honour it because my brother already had an account with them and they said it was suspicious we had the same name.

I hope that place burns to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                          Race bets are a crowd of cunts, opened an account with them last year, was due a 10 free bet, a fuckin tenner and they refused to honour it because my brother already had an account with them and they said it was suspicious we had the same name.

I hope that place burns to the ground.
                          A bit harsh considering it's normal fraud procedure in all betting companies as far as I am aware. Only 1 account per IP address to prevent bonus abusers.

Pm me your username if you want and I'll look into it.

Comment

Did GAB post up his race by race preview of day1 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                              Did GAB post up his race by race preview of day1 yet?
                              New format this year. He's broadcasting it live on Pat Kenny radio show tomorrow morning.

Comment

My first time going to Cheltenham 11 years ago and I nearly went through the Card on day 1 with GVA Ireland (Flood Flapping going up the hill) finishing 2nd to do me out of the perfect day. Since then many highs and lows. The high point standing on the line watching Brave Inca narrowly chinning War of Attrition.

Nearly there now.

In case anyone is interested the 7 winners for tomorrow are.

Gilgamboa
                                Trifolium
                                Green Flag
                                MTOY
                                Quevega
                                Shotgun Paddy
                                At a Glance

BTW The Final Furlong Podcast last night was one of the most entertaining thing I have listened to in a long time.
                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I have 3 dockets done so far for the week.

Our Conor 9/2
                                  Big Bucks 2/1
                                  Bobs Worth 2/1
                                  Spriner Sacre 4/6 (nr/nb)

Same bet above with Hurricane Fly in for Our Conor.

2 €20 e/w accum's.

Now this is the one.

Oscar Delta 9/1
                                  Vieux Lion Rouge 8/1
                                  Lieutenant Colonel 14/1

€5 e/w patent.

Gl to all, lets do in these bookies

Comment

Looks a good week to play bookie in the novice races imo.

I'll be taking on the front two in the supreme. Decided I'll be plumping for Garde la Victoire at 33's with the PP offer, think he could be a bit of value back on decent ground which he impressed on in the Autumn. Hobbs in good form too and knows how to get one right for this race.

Have OC backed ew at 5's. Think if HF wins it's no way as good a race as what people have been making out. Hopefully it is though.

All the best to IPB owners in action tomorrow.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Best of luck tomorrow Strewelly! We may not see eye to eye a lot of the time but I will be roaring on JJ tomorrow evening!
                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

best of luck strewel, ill have a small punt on jennies jewel hope she romps home for ya!
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Our conor to be placed 8/13. Is this free money?

Comment

what race is JJ running in tomorrow?
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

GL Strewel. She has the additional burden of my fiver ew to carry. Hope you enjoy it.

Comment

E/W doubles (x6) on these for me.....

13:30 SUPREME NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 1/2f Gilgamboa @ 9/1
                                                  14:40 HANDICAP CHASE (GRADE 3) 3m 1/2f Time For Rupert @ 14/1
                                                  16:00 OLBG MARES' HURDLE 2m 4f Cailin Annamh @ 14/1
                                                  17:15 NOVICES' HANDICAP CHASE 2m 4 1/2f Art Of Logistics @ 8/1

GL

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                    very hard to see him out of the first three,thats for sure.

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                    what race is JJ running in tomorrow?
                                                    4 o clock msn
                                                    Get today's racecards for horse racing in Ireland, the UK and overseas featuring in-depth data, form, betting odds, tips and expert analysis.
                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                      very hard to see him out of the first three,thats for sure.

4 o clock msn
                                                      http://www.irishracing.com/cards/Che...2014_4_00.html
                                                      33/1 ooh nice deffo backing her EW! good luck strewl!!! fingers crossed for ya
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Only two small bets to hopefully get the ball rolling nicely for the week.

Vautour, Champagne Fever and Our Conor win treble.

Manyriverstocross ew in the last.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                          No it's a shocking price.

Comment

is Josses Hill any good in the first race. for some reason it keeps catching my eye, so i feel I should throw a few bob on it lol
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Hurricane and Quevega in lots , doubles, accums 15's etc.
                                                              Josses Hill E/w in the Supreme.
                                                              Dodging Bullets in Arkle.
                                                              Holywell in Handicap.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                Hurricane and Quevega in lots , doubles, accums 15's etc.
                                                                Josses Hill E/w in the Supreme.
                                                                Dodging Bullets in Arkle.
                                                                Holywell in Handicap.
                                                                right thats my nap of the day!!! lol
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Through the card.

Have backed Josses Hill ante post but not confident now. Going for The Liquidator ew on PP.
                                                                  Valdez.
                                                                  Green Flag
                                                                  Our Conor
                                                                  Quevega
                                                                  Shutthefrontdoor
                                                                  Ericht

GL all

Comment

Vautour
                                                                    Dodging Bullets (can't believe I'm going to back Dodging Bullets but this race is falling apart imo and he has the form in the book)
                                                                    King Massini
                                                                    Cailin Annamh

Comment

JJ is 50/1 with SJ

& She might be worth a small bit of an ew poke at that price judging by what SP was saying on here before

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

BTW The Final Furlong Podcast last night was one of the most entertaining thing I have listened to in a long time.
                                                                        "Fall out the back of the TV"

Comment

As a guy who doesn't *really gamble anymore and never really did horses to begin with, I somehow find myself up to my neck in dockets for the next few days and with a list of horses I'm looking at spunking more money on.

Basically looking down the barrel of 6 weeks living on rice and noodles or 6 months on the steak and wine

Think I'd better rejoin the GYM and get a hobby sharpish

Good luck SP and the rest of ye degenerate bas...
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 11-03-14, 00:16. Reason: *really; I'm not a monk :)

Comment

Current Tuesday stable:

R1: Valseur Lido 16s, Liquidator 20s & Gilgamboa 12s with a certain offer and hoping to add Vautour & Wicklow Brave in the morning. expecting a couple of market bolters to maybe ease their prices a tad during the morning. Pricewise putting up Gilgamboa so that will help.

R2: Trifolium e/w 11/2 & Dodging Bullets e/w 6/1, plus €25 (the max) on Champagne Fever with WH's mobile offer (pony back as free bet if 2nd all 27 races).

R3: just done 2 of the HayesWise selections here. Tour Des Champs 16s & King Massini 18s both e/w with 5 spots paid.

R4: good bet on Conor (love him!) e/w @ 9/2 & took WH's pony @ 5s for the offer.

R5: no bet yet. Quevega 5/6 good with WH offer here.

R6: no bet.

R7: drawn to Ericht here, for some reason, but haven't had a bet...yet!

GL all, especially Strewelpeter!

Comment

#98
                                                                              Here's my shortlist for tomorrow. In order of preference.

I picked these before reading GAB's selections so some of his comments are worrying about some of my selections and some of my selections match his so not all bad!

R1: Vautour | Irving | Jossies Hill
                                                                              Im confident about these three and will work a few bets around them.

R2: Trifolium | Valdez | Grandouet
                                                                              This seems like a bad renewal as these 3 all have question marks - the first two's ability to handle stiff track may cause them trouble and the latters recent form isnt great. However they are the classiest horses in the race imo.

R3: Time For Rupert | Tour Des Champs | Solix e/w
                                                                              I think my biggest bets will be in this race. All 3 tick all the boxes for me here so backing all

R4: I can't separate these 4 but if I was forced to rank them, Hurricane Fly | My tent or yours | Our Connor | The New One. Will just watch this, can't wait.

Race 5: Probably just watch this too, didn't spend much time on it. Quevega for the win. GL SP!

Race 6: Foxrock | Shotgunpaddy | Suntiep
                                                                              Im going against the fav with these 3. smallish stakes

Race 7: Ericht | Buywise | Manyriverstocross | Present view are my shortlist but to small stakes

Comment

#99
                                                                                tue 1st vautour
                                                                                2nd champagne fever
                                                                                3rd hurricane fly
                                                                                4th pendra
                                                                                lucky 15

1 st josses hill
                                                                                2nd causes of causes
                                                                                3rd jennies jewel
                                                                                4th our connor

e/w lucky 15

wed

1st faugheen
                                                                                2nd ballycasey
                                                                                3rd captain conan
                                                                                4th dunguib
                                                                                lucky 15

and going to do tomorrow
                                                                                hurricane fly
                                                                                briar hill
                                                                                bobs worth
                                                                                vautour

lucky 15
                                                                                now heres hoping these will come in

Comment

How do you do a lucky 15 on line?

How many horses, lets say I put 1 E on each horse.

Do I do them all EW?

How much should that cost?

How many have to win etc for me to collect?
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

How do you do a lucky 15 on line?

How many horses, lets say I put 1 E on each horse.

Do I do them all EW?

How much should that cost?

How many have to win etc for me to collect?
                                                                                    15 bets so €15, ew would be €30 and they would all be ew. Personally rather do ew multiples snd leave out the singles

Comment

Ahhh, The Morning Line on Cheltenham Tuesday - where all the confidence in your picks goes out the window as they are ripped to shreds. Fry Up & Paper time to reassess.

Comment

Sun beaming, perfect morning for the annual multiple PP shop pilgrimage.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                          15 bets so €15, ew would be €30 and they would all be ew. Personally rather do ew multiples snd leave out the singles
                                                                                          I have picked 4 horses and put 1e in the box beside each horse and then click EW , then lucky 15 but it comes to 34 E??
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

I have picked 4 horses and put 1e in the box beside each horse and then click EW , then lucky 15 but it comes to 34 E??
                                                                                            unclick the €1 beside each horse...just €1 e/w Lucky 15 at bottom and they're all included anyway = €30

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                              unclick the €1 beside each horse...just €1 e/w Lucky 15 at bottom and they're all included anyway = €30
                                                                                              Any bookies still do treble the odds on one winner?

Gl to all today.

Comment

So how much do I win if they all come 1st. how much if all placed ??

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

[QUOTE=Michelle SatNav;784699]So how much do I win if they all come 1st. how much if all placed ??

[/QU

14368if all win
                                                                                                  347.05 if all place.

Comment

€14,386k if they all win and €347 for all to be placed.

inform yourself in forum with others

Comment

[QUOTE=Fearbocht;784702]
                                                                                                      So how much do I win if they all come 1st. how much if all placed ??

[/QU

14368if all win
                                                                                                      347.05 if all place.
                                                                                                      jaysus 14k?? omg

I should do these every day lol

have I any hope here lol? are they alright picks. only picked some of them for the names
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Here's my day 1 yankee

1.30 Vautour
                                                                                                        3.20 Our Conor
                                                                                                        4.00 Sirene Dainey
                                                                                                        4.40 Shutthefruntdoor

Comment

Irving backed in five PP shops I don't like either of WPMs.

Dodging Bullets in a substandard-looking Arkle

I have seen Hurricane Fly in the flesh for all three of his wins this year. No reason to think he is on the downgrade and unfortunately no reason to see OC beating him after cantering up alongsides at Leops and then getting well outbattled. The jockey factor is another OC negative for me. Don't like either of the English nags and think 3/1 HF will look huge at 3.25 today.

GL to Jennies in the Mares, hopefully she brushes up her jumping a bit and can run into a place. Obviously Quevega romps it if anywhere close to form.

I like money so will be barbecueing a massive steak while the 2.40 is on. Made snap decision yesterday to take the day off.

4.40. Amateur jockeys over 4 miles
                                                                                                          A small interest in Herdsman at 25/1

5.15. Manyriverstocross e/w at 10/1
                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

As usual I've already listened to too many people already and am betting against myself in tons of races, particularly the big one! I would LOVE it if someone here scoops big with a Lucky 15 or whatever, that would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                              As usual I've already listened to too many people already and am betting against myself in tons of races, particularly the big one! I would LOVE it if someone here scoops big with a Lucky 15 or whatever, that would be awesome
                                                                                                              Be some crack if it was me and I know fuck all about racing lol!

omg I could get a boob lift AND a face lift if I win
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Be some crack if it was me and I know fuck all about racing lol!

omg I could get a boob lift AND a face lift if I win
                                                                                                                or you could buy a horse

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                  or you could buy a horse
                                                                                                                  Only eejits get involved in that sort of giant moneypit.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    or you could buy a horse
                                                                                                                    no point in riding a horse and the boobs flopping all over the place
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Have our conor @ 9/1 from the start of the year for €20 each way,going with €5 each way trixie with rock on ruby in the arkle,vautour in the supreme & tour des champs in the handicap chase,pays €4,154.38 if they all happen to win,good luck all.
                                                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

I've a large bet on the Fly and my yankee is

Vantour
                                                                                                                        Rock on Ruby
                                                                                                                        Hurricane Fly
                                                                                                                        Quevega

Gonna do Vantour in PP later on too.
                                                                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                                                          New format this year. He's broadcasting it live on Pat Kenny radio show tomorrow morning.
                                                                                                                          Pat had obviously done his homework and quizzed GAB on his three specialist subjects: horses, poker and debauchery.

Somehow avoided using the phrase 'nags nut Noel'

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X