Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Tournament Poker
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-04-12, 20:23   #61
Arazi
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly110 View Post
lol im sure prenderville is laughing his ass off at this thread ...folding obviously madness
This hand was presented in a vaccum and in such folding AK to a single raise to what turns out to be KK is pretty good.
Arazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 20:28   #62
alanmc101
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi View Post
This hand was presented in a vaccum and in such folding AK to a single raise to what turns out to be KK is pretty good.
slightly results based!
alanmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 13-04-12, 20:30   #63
Daragh999
Member
 
Daragh999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 753
Send a message via AIM to Daragh999 Send a message via Skype™ to Daragh999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi View Post
This hand was presented in a vaccum and in such folding AK to a single raise to what turns out to be KK is pretty good.
Results oriented thinking FTW!!!
__________________
They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb
Daragh999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 13-04-12, 20:31   #64
reilly110
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi View Post
This hand was presented in a vaccum and in such folding AK to a single raise to what turns out to be KK is pretty good.
silly logic really
reilly110 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 13-04-12, 20:38   #65
Arazi
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly110 View Post
silly logic really
My logic is in the initial reply to the OP and during the course of the thread before the result I read nothing to change my mind as poster after poster stumbled to make any logical argument or take in any of the dynamics in the OP, a thoroughly disappointing experience.
Arazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 20:41   #66
NewApproach
Member
 
NewApproach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Below EV
Posts: 5,398
If you are folding AK to a single reraise from a guy who is 3betting as liberally as this, poker isn't your game imo.
NewApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 20:43   #67
reilly110
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi View Post
My logic is in the initial reply to the OP and during the course of the thread before the result I read nothing to change my mind as poster after poster stumbled to make any logical argument or take in any of the dynamics in the OP, a thoroughly disappointing experience.
i didnt read most of thread -but i will help you out

1 piece of info is all you need -1- your opponent is sean prenderville

4betting is very profitable
calling maybe but way tougher to play

if you fold hands as strong as this he will trample on you -fact

the end
reilly110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 21:16   #68
Arazi
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 936
Normally I respect your contributions but that post is actually retarded. We need every piece of information available to us in order to make the most accurate decisions, true some are more weighty than others but to simply ignore some or not pick up on them is negligent.
Also fwiw all decisions made in a vaccum should be analysed based on results.
Arazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 21:27   #69
Moneymaker
Member
 
Moneymaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Area 11
Posts: 1,261
Send a message via MSN to Moneymaker Send a message via Skype™ to Moneymaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi View Post
Normally I respect your contributions but that post is actually retarded. We need every piece of information available to us in order to make the most accurate decisions, true some are more weighty than others but to simply ignore some or not pick up on them is negligent.
Also fwiw all decisions made in a vaccum should be analysed based on results.
Moneymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 21:44   #70
alanmc101
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi View Post
Normally I respect your contributions but that post is actually retarded. We need every piece of information available to us in order to make the most accurate decisions, true some are more weighty than others but to simply ignore some or not pick up on them is negligent.
Also fwiw all decisions made in a vaccum should be analysed based on results.
You've lost me dude?
alanmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 21:46   #71
Arazi
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmc101 View Post
You've lost me dude?
Sorry that was in reply to the Reilly kid
Arazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 21:53   #72
alanmc101
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi View Post
Sorry that was in reply to the Reilly kid
no i know that, but bout results bein most important thing in a vacuum? Like lets be honest Sean woke up with the absolute top of his range here.
alanmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 21:56   #73
peterswellman
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,068
Isn't the whole point of poker to make decisions based of ranges of our opponents and whether the play is profitable in the long run ? AK from what i've read would do very well against the ranges in question here. We give ourseleves two chances to win the pot, with the 4-bet and by getting it in against the range we perceive the player would have and winning? I don't really see the point of making decisions in a vaccum tbh.

12550/call for me all day.
peterswellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 22:09   #74
Downtown
Member
 
Downtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mexico
Posts: 1,956
You win all the G-Bucks in the world here with AK.

I just 4 bet and try and get it in pre. Anything else is bad in the long run I would say. we arent that deep or anything <50bbs so folding or playing it passively against a agro player is awful.

@arazi
I understand what you are trying to say and this forum needs some devils advocates but this is super straight forward.

My guess is that the only reason we are even hearing about this hand is the fact that it happened on Day 2 of such a massive buy in tournament and the OP was understandably gutted.
Downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 13-04-12, 22:12   #75
alanmc101
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown View Post

My guess is that the only reason we are even hearing about this hand is the fact that it happened on Day 2 of such a massive buy in tournament and the OP was understandably gutted.
Op won the hand!
alanmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 13-04-12, 22:13   #76
AKQJ10
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown View Post

My guess is that the only reason we are even hearing about this hand is the fact that it happened on Day 2 of such a massive buy in tournament and the OP was understandably gutted.
OP made a straight, id say he was delighted actually
AKQJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 22:18   #77
Strewelpeter
Member
 
Strewelpeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: I Won
Posts: 21,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daragh999 View Post
Results oriented thinking FTW!!!
That's unfair, Arazi pointed out very clearly why he thought it was likely to be a very big hand in his first post and it turns out he had nailed it.
__________________
Turning millions into thousands
Strewelpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 23:50   #78
Lazare
GFML
 
Lazare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10,716
First time in a very long time that I wandered into a theory thread, I quite enjoyed that.
__________________
'I'm the ugliest guy, in the Lower East Side. But I've got wheels and you wanna go for a ride'
Lazare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-12, 00:07   #79
digiman
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
I think you over thoought what I said mate, basically I would flat too but for this opponent his +ev move is to 4bet (obv depends on his post flop play).
LOL, don't think your post contained anything for me to overthink about!! Just highlighted the part where you say that he is 3betting light. Problem is I don't think hes going to 5b light ever here. I'd say when you 4b here hes only jamming QQ+ and AK and might not even 3b QQ all the time to begin with preflop given the position that the OP opened from and the 5bets from his value jamming range will be mostly KK+ and AK. He could have a big range of hands that he 3bets light with but very rarely I think anyone 5bets them here given the 4b from an UTG player.

Anyway I don't think there is any dispute that 4betting is a +EV play, but I think calling is more +EV than 4betting and after all we are trying to make the most profitable decision.
digiman is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old 14-04-12, 01:07   #80
blaaaaaaah
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,150
This is all I was referring to mate. "but it is a much better option than playing Sean oop if your not confident"

I am not trying to come across patronizing.
__________________
Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666
blaaaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Tournament Poker

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:43.